186 replies to this topic

#26 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:44 PM

Your collection is growing really fast. I only played Street Fighter II till the version with Akuma. So those are the only figures I wanted, and only Player One colors. I went ahead and got Gen though because he really appealed to me. So I've only got 14 figures, and after Zangief, Dhalsim and E Honda (hopefully this year) and Dee Jay (next year) I'll be done. You seem to be getting the entire line plus some variants. I'd get Gouken too if he came with both his heads like the others. Instead they split him into 2 different figures. I may get the shirtless Shin Akuma one day though.

#27 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:40 AM

Yeah, well I only remember playing up to Akuma as well, but I've known about most of the other characters from some old Gaming magazines that came out around the time Alpha/Zero got big. Plus I remember playing Final Fight everytime I went to my cousins house. So I've been somewhat familiar with the majority of the characters. Gen was in the very First Street Fighter Arcade though. So he would be one of the original characters. :) He is one of my favorites so far, but his second head is smaller than his normal one.

I've gotten pretty addicted to this line, no doubt about that, and I can't wait till Rev-1 comes out. I want to sit my Zangief next to T. Hawk (awesome figure).

I was disappointed in Gouken. No extra hands, and no extra head. He's just a basic action figure. At least I didn't pay more than 8 bucks for him. The regular version was an exclusive in the states, but he was mass produced for Japan and stuff, so the normal ones go pretty cheap.

As of yet, I havn't been able to get any of the flame attachments to clip onto any of the characters arms though. So they are kind of useless. :D

The Shirtless Shin Akuma looks pretty cool! I may get him instead of the Normal Shin Akuma Variant. The Preview prices are ridiculous right now though. And there are rumors of the Preview figs being bootlegged, so be careful who you buy them from on eBay. Sota has a list of Online Retailers they sale through, so if the seller isn't one of those I wouldn't buy from them unless its a figure I know wasn't bootlegged. Though I doubt Shin Akuma would be one of them.

I bought the Whole Round-1 set cause it was together, and the chances that Bison, Sagat, and the Ryu's are bootlegged greatly reduces when the rest of them are with them. Plus the paint wash on them looked legit. I'll know for sure when I get them, and if they are boots, I'll try get a refund from the seller.

I probably shouldn't have bought them all so fast, but I did, cause as soon as the Rev-1 series comes out the prices of the older rounds will probably skyrocket, and I wanted to get them as cheap as possible. Plus I'll be able to slow down and just buy a variant here and there between new sets that get released. I just hope they go through the entire roster. B) I'm really wanting a Hugo figure.

Posted Image

#28 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:20 PM

Ok Fellas! Here is my Currently Complete Player 1 set! :unknw:

Posted Image

A tad unorganized, I plan on taking everyone out and reposing and arranging everybody. :) I'm quite happy with it!

Sagat and Bison are Kickarse by the way! ;)

Dan, like Gouken is just a reused Akuma body, as are all the Preview figures. Making Dan larger than Ryu and Ken, which doesn't really set well with me, but hey whatcha gonna do? I didn't want to get the Previews set, but I may have to in order to scale everyone back up, but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon. maybe if I have nothing else to aim for.

As for Revolution - 1 They finally finished Zangief's head, and finally released a complete pic of his test shot. I hope they fix his hair color, or at least make some sweet variants of this guy!

http://i220.photobuc.../DSCF0855PS.jpg

As of the moment they havn't planned anything past Rev-2, so I have the disdainful feeling that if Rev-2 gets here, it will probably be the last set. Hopefully not, we will see how R1 fares, and that may secure this lines life for a while longer.

Posted Image

#29 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:51 PM

Added some Posed pics of my Sota's. So go Check em out. :huh:

http://www.littlerub...t=0#entry173576

Posted Image

#30 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:00 PM

Sota just posted some teaser pics of Revolution-1 Factory Samples. These are gonna be great!!! There are some differences from the painted test shots from the SDCC. I can't wait to get these!! Zangief is suppose to be the biggest thus far, which means T.Hawk isn't gonna be top dog anymore. Hopefully we will see these in the next month or 2. :lol:

http://www.sotatoys.com/blogs.php

Sweet! Click on the pics to see bigger versions that shows you all the details. e+

As great as this set will be, sadly not much in the accessory department. They will mostly just come with extra hands. I think Honda comes with an extra head, and Dhalsim was suppose to have one, but they dropped it, which pisses me off. Zangief could have used the most accessories. A cape, extra head, and 2 pairs of extra hands would have been great, but he is just so big and costly that they couldn't do it.

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 05 December 2007 - 02:01 PM.

Posted Image

#31 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:27 PM

These guys sure are taking forever to come out.
Dhalsim could use an extra "blowing" head and some "Dhalsim Fire" accessories, as well as long arm and leg attachments.

Edited by Kevin Mayle, 05 December 2007 - 03:28 PM.

#32 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:07 PM

Alright here is the breakdown of the accessories directly from Scott who works at Sota.

Mika: Head, Open hands.

Dhalsim: Stretched arms, extra hands.

Honda: Screaming head, palm strike hands.

Zangief: Open hands.

Dhalsim's second head was dropped because they claimed to have had problems with the earrings. Probably had an issue with breakage due to the way his blowing head was shaped is my guess.

Zangief was thought to be coming with a second head due to a few leaked test shots of him with his final head sculpt and his original head sculpt sitting next to him.

I think Dhalsim should have also come with leg extensions. I think I used his kicks in the game more than his punches. :rolleyes: I'm sad that he won't be coming with a second head or any flame attachments. I guess they had to cut some of the figs short on accessories due to Zangief being a monster.

I have no problem with Honda, but I'm disappointed that he gets an extra head and the other 2 headliners don't. There were some ideas pitched about some accessory packs. It would be nice if Sota took that into consideration. They could easily make new accessories for the old Rounds and for the new revolutions, and be able to keep the retail values of the actual figures where they are. Then those who are interested in posing their figures could pick up the Accessory packs. But that's a tad unrealistic. But would be nice. :)

Posted Image

#33 Czarcher

Czarcher

Ruling Lands Far And Wide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • Interests:Ultraman,
    Dragon Ball
    Kinnikuman,GPK

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:51 PM

I think Dhalsim looks awesome. But Zangief looks terrible. He'd look ok,but that neck/shoulder muscle is WAY too big.

#34 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:23 AM

Yeah, there has been alot of bad feedback on Zangief from collectors. But the majority is positive. I think its great that they actually made him, but aside from his sheer size, I don't think there is anything special. His articulation will be severely limited compared to other figures from the line. I just hope you can pose him in his squatted stance like in the game. But you probably can't. These are supposed be a lighter plastic so I'm hoping that he isn't too top heavy or his thigh joints aren't super loose like many other figures from the old rounds were. They did a great job with T.Hawk though.

I think I chose a good time to get into this line. :rolleyes: I didn't have to wait a year like many others did.

Posted Image

#35 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:09 AM

Yeah, there has been alot of bad feedback on Zangief from collectors. But the majority is positive. I think its great that they actually made him, but aside from his sheer size, I don't think there is anything special. His articulation will be severely limited compared to other figures from the line. I just hope you can pose him in his squatted stance like in the game. But you probably can't. These are supposed be a lighter plastic so I'm hoping that he isn't too top heavy or his thigh joints aren't super loose like many other figures from the old rounds were. They did a great job with T.Hawk though.

I think I chose a good time to get into this line. :rolleyes: I didn't have to wait a year like many others did.

I'd swear it's been a lot longer than a year since the release of the Round Four figs till now, and the Revolution Series (Round Five) still aren't out. It's been a long wait. I liked the first two sculpts of Zangief better but this one still looks good. If R. Mika was replaced with the already sculpted Dee Jay, I could finish my collection. Hopefully we get one more wave after this for the set. I know if I was getting all the periphery characters as well I'd be pretty disappointed that they will probably never come out with all of them. I just wish they would follow this with a Mortal Kombat 1 & 2 line. I want Kid Thunder!

#36 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:38 AM

Yeah, R4 was out for more than a year, but it was a year from the Round-5 due date. I think they ditched the Deejay Sculpt your talking about. They aren't even done with the Rev-2 set yet. DeeJay is suppose to headline that set, But they said that Alex was the only one close to being finished. I'm sure they will at least reach Rev-2. But if the Rev-1 set sells super well, then maybe we can squeeze the rest of the figures out of Sota. A Mortal Kombat line would be neat.

I'd like to see Sota get their hands on vintage Megaman, and DragonBallZ. <_<

Posted Image

#37 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:47 AM

Wow! There is good news and bad news. ;)

The good news is SOTA just put the Rev-1 figs up for preorder finally! That's good, cause that means we should actually see these figures! Up until now, only retail sites had them for preorder. They are $17.99 each though. :D Not so bad considering some figures were sold for $15 new. But it's gonna cost over $80 bucks including shipping to get these bad boys. I paid that for my complete Round-1 set of 6 figures. :o

http://www.sotatoys....hp?brands_id=22

I don't know why they used the Prototypes for the pictures though. Maybe they havn't painted any Factory samples yet. Which brings me to the bad news. :yuck:

http://www.sotatoys....;categories_id=

As you can see in the little box off to the side they have pushed the due date further up to May of 2008!! I have no Idea why they did that. I think that's terrible. But at least they actually have a more official due date as opposed to here say. :D But still that's like 5 months away. Maybe they will be able to get them out sooner. But still that kind of hurts the chances of seeing Rev-2 this year, and much less of seeing an official role call for Rev-3, which Is where I was hoping they would be by this time next year.

Posted Image

#38 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:35 PM

That whole factory bootlegging issue really screwed up the steady flow this line was having. It's sad. We woulda had all these guys with more accessories and alternate colors, plus many more by now. Now all we can hope for is a couple of the remaining figures to take forever to come out, made with cheaper material and less extras at a higher price. And that Round 5 Zangeif sculpt was much better.
Posted Image

Edited by Kevin Mayle, 07 December 2007 - 01:39 PM.

#39 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:40 PM

I put pictures of the various Zangiefs together and now I'm getting angry. The first 2 pics are of the Round 5 Sculpt. Extremely awesome! The 3rd is also the same sculpt but with the ab joint straightened up for less hunched posture and de-emphasizing his traps. Also, extremely awesome! Lastly we have the new Revolution Sculpt. In comparison, it sucks!
Posted Image

#40 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:10 PM

Man! There are HUGE differences aren't there. I can see why they changed a few things. They shrunk the thigh muscles and took about the double knee joint. With the thighs that big, I can't see it being able to move much at all. They got rid of the double knee joint probably cause he is too top heavy. I have problems with Birdie being so big in the top that his skinny knees buckle all the time.

I liked the smaller head though. It's hard to tell if they changed much on the shoulder width and the arms. :o Where did you get those pics Kev? I'd like to see the rest of them if there are more. I've only seen a really blurry pic of Deejay.

Capcom Just wouldn't approve of the old sculpt for some reason. At least that's what Sota told everyone I think.

Posted Image

#41 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:30 PM

Got them off the web somewhere long ago and saved them. Here's DeeJay:
Posted Image

#42 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:31 PM

Thanks Kev. He looks a bit odd. Not wrong, but just not right. Weren't his pants a bit bigger than that? And weren't his legs a tad longer than his body? It's been so long since I played him on Street Fighter. He was one of my favorites to use, and my bro like Fei Long.

Posted Image

#43 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:44 AM

This is what he originally looked like in the game.
Posted Image

#44 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:36 AM

And here is a comparison of them together (I also included the Alpha 3 look too).
Posted Image
And while I was at it I made a Zangief one too.
Posted Image

#45 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:15 AM

Thanks again! I know what my problem with it was now. It's his waist. He pants were too low. So I fiddled with the pic really quick, and in my view it's an improvement and a more accurate look. I don't like his ears much either, but I just hope we get a fig of Deejay.

And it looks like they took some aspects from both the SF2 and Alpha Zangiefs.

Attached Files

• Attached File  dj.jpg   22.05K   14 downloads

Posted Image

#46 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:51 AM

I think a very cool variant would be a Street Fighter 1 Ryu with red hair , slippers and a gray gi & headband.
Posted Image

Have you read anything about Sheng Long coming out?
Posted Image
All I could find out was from March 2007, Jerry Macaluso, president/founder of SOTA Toys had this to say, "Sheng Long will be strictly limited to 4,000 pieces and available only in Japan. The price will be 12,588 yen which roughly translates to $107 in US dollars. It's scheduled release is July 14th in conjunction with the new Street Fighter 2 toy line."

Edited by Kevin Mayle, 09 December 2007 - 05:56 AM.

#47 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:54 PM

Yeah, there are many official variations of characters that I'm surprised that they haven't done, or for some small legal reason can't. A red haired Ryu variant would be pretty interesting. I'd love to see a Violent Ken variant myself from the SVC chaos game.

Sheng Long??? He looks vaguely familiar, but why is it that I don't remember him at all??? Was he an exclusive character to a certain game? He looks AWESOME!!! I'd love to have one. I'm gonna ask about him over at the Sota boards and get back to you on what they tell me, and then we can know for sure. :)

Posted Image

#48 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:05 PM

Sheng Long??? He looks vaguely familiar, but why is it that I don't remember him at all??? Was he an exclusive character to a certain game? He looks AWESOME!!! I'd love to have one. I'm gonna ask about him over at the Sota boards and get back to you on what they tell me, and then we can know for sure. :)

Ryu used to say "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance." Then in 1992, Electronic Gaming Monthly posted a picture of him as a hidden character and instructions on how to reach him. I was out of school by then and working in an arcade, and I would watch everyone come in and play endlessly trying to get him. They couldn't though because he didn't exist. It was an April Fools Joke.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Kevin Mayle, 09 December 2007 - 04:06 PM.

#49 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:39 PM

Yep! I remember seeing the picture on this page in an gaming mag back in the day. Haha!!! That means that Sota would be in the clear if they actually wanted to make him! :D I wonder if they will anyways? I'd buy him!

http://www.fightings.../shenglong.html

I bet Sota came up with that prototype pick as an April fools joke themselves. :)

Posted Image

#50 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

I bet Sota came up with that prototype pick as an April fools joke themselves. :)

Probably. It looks like a slightly modified Ken.
Remember how stuff in Mortal Kombat II's audit menu like "ERMACS", "Kano Transformations", "Shawn Attacks" etc. drove people crazy because of "Reptile Appearances" in the 1st MK audit menu was for a hidden character? That was a fun time to work in an arcade. Ermac even went on to become an actual character too, like Sheng Long became Akuma. We used to get all our info about how to do Fatalities and how to find hidden stuff in the games from BBS's on the internet, before websites existed.

Edited by Kevin Mayle, 09 December 2007 - 05:01 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com