222 replies to this topic

#151 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:44 PM

Oh, I think that Akuma Shogun should sound something like Black Doom from Shadow the Hedgehog (I'll try to get a digital mike today, too.)

The seven chaos emeralds!

But if Black Doom touches your 'd*** fourth chaos emerald!' That's NOOO good.

I imagine Akuma sounding like.. how he does in the sub? XD His dub voice is kinda.. eh. He apparently has a slight Japanese accent.

#152 Jenny

Jenny

i'm tired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 01:21 PM

I imagine Akuma sounding like.. how he does in the sub? XD His dub voice is kinda.. eh. He apparently has a slight Japanese accent.

In my sleep deprived mind, I just thought you said you prefer the DUB voice @_@

Shogun's dub voice is HORRIBLE, to me it sounds like Mars and Hanzo combined and it just makes me cry. His original voice is MUCH better.

Compare! Japanese vs English

Edited by ComradeTurbinski, 17 August 2006 - 01:22 PM.

ZObY.png

#153 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

Whaddaya call a pigeon with four feet? A STOOLPIGEON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Kinnikuman, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry

Posted 17 August 2006 - 01:57 PM

I think Akuma Shogun should sound like General Grievous.

Y'know, that's not bad, either. In fact, when I was playing Galactic Wrestling and saw his face close-up in his ultimate move, I thought of Grievous. But if you want to go that way, would we need computer distortion?

BTW, can anyone here do Ashura's "Gya-kekekekekekekeke!"?

Edited by Checkmate1989, 17 August 2006 - 05:52 PM.

Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#154 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:53 AM

Well, SuperKreep stopped responding to her e-mails a month or so ago.

I've found a way to import the sound file into Pro Tools, and have a really crappy video opened to sync the sound to, but someone else will have to put the sound file (once we're done redoing it) back with the DVD quality movie.

Also, I've got the full movie sound ready to upload (42 Mb .zip) for anyone who wants to translate it or attempt to reverse engineer the (80's faky synthesizer) soundtrack. The music sounds simple, so it probably won't be too hard.

I'm also finding a few sfx that are 'solo,' as the 'toon isn't as fully produced as it could be; I found a single 'chopstick hit' that I was able to dupe and align with the picture appropriatly, and the toilet bubbling also was of that nature. Thus, some of the sound effects are salvageable, and I may be able to find the other sfx used in other portions of the movie in the Gen 1 disks I've gotten off 'f Ebay.

Does anyone know a permanant place I could upload that file?
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#155 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:58 PM

I got a microphone, but it still sounds a little staticy. Is there anything that can fix this problem?

Edited by Checkmate1989, 20 August 2006 - 02:59 PM.

Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#156 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:10 PM

Upload an .mp3 of your recording. There should be a panel that lets you set what all you record from; this should be set to get good levels, but not so it distorts. It should also be set to where only the microphone is recording, and nothing else.

Also, turn off the sound playback when you're recording. That'll increase audio fidelity.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

#157 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:38 PM

How do you record in MP3 format?
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#158 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:35 PM

You record in .wav format. Then you get a Wav>mp3 convertor.

#159 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:39 AM

theorgg Posted on Aug 18 2006, 09:53 AM
  Well, SuperKreep stopped responding to his e-mails a month or so ago.

*Fixed*

Actually, I havent recieved any e-mails(according to outlook) in regards to this project in a bit over a month. My last communication with you Orgg was in regards to getting a copy of what my translator gave me thus far. Which I responded to. Also, last month(July26) I PM'ed you some info about the project since Outlook canabalized my contacts for some reason. I remeber you saying your AKIA Board folder might be full so I wasnt holding my breathe for a response which is no big deal since the message is still in me sent folder.

Anyway, here's the Info I was PM'ing you:

"As, I mentioned before my translator is heading back to Japan for a while. I did however convince her to continue working on the project while she's away. :( I asked that she e-mail scans of her progress as often as she can epsecially if she was able to complete it before she got back to the US on Sept 16th."(end/quote)

Well, no scans so far but she's verbally told me that she's just about done and that she's never gonna watch a Kinnikuman Movie ever again! (Hehe, she's seen it upwords to 20 times by now.)

So the short and skinny of it is we'll have a full mostly untouched translation round Sept 16th or sooner. I say we should start an auditions thread right about now. Use some lines from the Kinnikuman Manga for the actors to read from and cast them all from there.

Edited by Sooperkreep, 21 August 2006 - 09:41 AM.

Check out some of my Custom Action Figures.(Non-UM related.)
http://www.toymania....cc14/ffxi.shtml

http://sooperkreep.deviantart.com/

"I accept cash, credit, checks or your broken bones."
-Checkmate

#160 KinnikuDude

KinnikuDude

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:26 AM

Sweetness!This dream is almost reality! Is Ramenman in this movie? I can do a great impression! And you said Neptuneman is in there? I can do a GREAT Hulk Hogan voice(nep is a parody of hogan). I'll be at the auditions,BROTHER!

#161 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:41 AM

Neptuneman should have a cocney accent though...
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#162 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 11:42 AM

Sorry guys there is no Neptuneman in this film. :(

Its Movie 6: Crisis in New York we are dubbing. It's more or less a follow up to the Golden Mask Saga. Most of the Film centers on Kinnikuman's battle with a new incarnation of Akuma Shogun.

Shogun and Suguru have the largest speaking roles in the movie. The 2 that get selected for each of them is gonna have some TUFF work ahead of them.

The Justice Seigi appear breifly and dont talk TOO much so even if you gotta force yourself to sound like Buffaloman or somebody gruff like that u won't have to maintain the voice for TOO long :o

-Checkmate

#163 KinnikuDude

KinnikuDude

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:21 PM

Check,I have never heard of that country,language,and/or ethnic background.

but Soop,the Ramen-meister's in it right?

#164 MFZ95

MFZ95

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 01:28 PM

well im kinda new :blink: here and it looks awsome to be a voice actor,for fun,but the 4kids dub is not bad,but the other dubs,One piece,Sonic X,THEY SUCK!,btw if you are gonna redub Kinnikuman GEN1,then i have to voice!!!, heres the voices i can do,BTW i dont have a british accent,:p
1.Mantarou Kinnikuman(Kid Muscle
2.Kinnikuman(King Muscle)
Meat(Niku)
Buffalo Man
the announcers:both
Samu(well he left in ep4,and he lost,what a wuss )

i can voice them :D

#165 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:04 PM

On pages 3 and 4 of this thread are some sample script translations you guys can do a read from.

Also, you'll find the cast of characters for the film outlined there. (Yes, KD Ramanman does make an appearance.) :p

@ MFZ95, I hope you really mean it about trying out for the voice for Kinnikuman. He's got the biggest part in the film and as big as this thread has gotten your the FIRST to actually show interest in the part. :blink:

As for the others that you may be able to VA for, all those positions are availabe...except Mantaro, coz he isnt born yet :D Although in the english UM dub Samu and Shivano/Ashuraman did have simular "Kwiki Mart" Apu-esque voices. I'll get back to you on this though coz I dont think Ashuraman has a speaking roll in this film.

Edited by Sooperkreep, 22 August 2006 - 02:04 PM.

-Checkmate

#166 Chibibee

Chibibee

Diva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, anime/manga (especially Kinnikuman Nisei/Ultimate Muscle)...that's it, I think. XD

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:17 PM

I have to admit, I'm intrigued by all this. I dunno how good of a voice actress I am, but I'll try and get a test soundbyte done ASAP (work is eating my time this week).

BTW: Happen to have any script for the female characters? I dunno how good my voice will work for the choujins (though I will give 'em the old college try). xD;;; I wish I could've heard some of the other tryouts.

EDIT: Strike that part about me trying for the guy parts, I fail SO BAD at man-voices. ^^; I got as far as Terryman's first set of lines in the Yankee Stadium scenario, and went 'Oh God, NO'. xD;;

I'll still try for a female part if we can get some lines for tryouts.

Edited by Chibibee, 22 August 2006 - 04:42 PM.

#167 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:42 PM

Although in the english UM dub Samu and Shivano/Ashuraman did have simular "Kwiki Mart" Apu-esque voices.

I'm sure Ashuraman's voice was DEEPER in the English dub. I mean, he sounds WAY more badass than Samuu...
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#168 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 05:26 PM

Ashuraman's dub voice was done by Darren Dunstan. He also didi Chijimiman. I'm pretty sure Wayne Greyson did Samuu.

#169 Checkmate1989

Checkmate1989

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:38 PM

I'm sure, though, that Ashuraman had a deeper voice than Apu (I have Galactic Wrestling, but is there anything ELSE that has his voice in English?)
Posted Image
HEART OF THE SWORD

#170 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:17 PM

well im kinda new :blink: here and it looks awsome to be a voice actor,for fun,but the 4kids dub is not bad,but the other dubs,One piece,Sonic X,THEY SUCK!,btw if you are gonna redub Kinnikuman GEN1,then i have to voice!!!, heres the voices i can do,BTW i dont have a british accent,:p
1.Mantarou Kinnikuman(Kid Muscle
2.Kinnikuman(King Muscle)
Meat(Niku)
Buffalo Man
the announcers:both
Samu(well he left in ep4,and he lost,what a wuss )

i can voice them :D

If you can do a really good UM-version of Meat, that'd be GREAT!

I kinda expect people to jump for Kinnikuman when his translated part comes up, as everyone wants to be the star.

The announcers' voices are also needed, as well as two, well... blatantly homosexual cousins of the announcers that look and sound just like the Japanese announcers.

#171 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:31 AM

@Checkmate1989
The Only time you hear Ashuraman/Shivano speak in the actual cartoon is in a Flashback. In the Nightmares Saga, Sunshine recalls when Shivano quits being a villian to go join the Muscle League. Thats the only time we hear what he would actually sound like in the UM Dub.

The PS2 Galactic Wrestling Video Game Shivano had a generic sounding monster voice who just grunted all over the place. It wasn't really worthy of the character at all IMO. A lot of the voices were flawed in that game, didnt they change Robin Mask's UM VA? :blink:

I think UM had the right idea maintaining the stereotypical Indian's voice simular to Apu's in the show. Actually his voice was a little higher pitched than Apu's :p

Edited by Sooperkreep, 23 August 2006 - 07:32 AM.

-Checkmate

#172 MFZ95

MFZ95

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:21 PM

well being a voiceactor for a big part may be to unfair,i have to admit it,im not a really good voicer,but il give it a try,and BTW,im still looking voices for my Ultimate muscle Flash parody yet,can you guys give a hand?

#173 KinnikuDude

KinnikuDude

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:27 PM

No,Soops,I own GW and they didn't change Robin's voice actor,unless he was replaced by his genetic clone.I always kinda wondered why they made Robin sound like Shawn Connery(who's from Scotland),when Robin's British(although in an early Kinnikuman issue,it said he was from planet Robin,which would explain why he's blue in the G1 anime.)

#174 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:40 AM

The PS2 Galactic Wrestling Video Game Shivano had a generic sounding monster voice who just grunted all over the place. It wasn't really worthy of the character at all IMO. A lot of the voices were flawed in that game, didnt they change Robin Mask's UM VA? :unsure:

Robin's voice has never changed o_O; It wasn't any different in the games than it was in the show. And.. Sean Connery isn't Scottish. I thought he was Welsh? Wales is still in Britian.

Too bad I don't remember the flashback scene.. The only Ashuraman voice I know of is from the game.

I'd try out for a voice but I'm UBER shy when it comes to recording myself. x_x;; I don't think I can do any of the G1 voices though. My voice isn't girly enough to do a female role and my voice isn't deep enough to do any of the Chojin. Argh.

Edited by KnuxieChan, 25 August 2006 - 12:42 AM.

#175 Sooperkreep

Sooperkreep

Burnning Collector!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:11 AM

KnuxieChan Posted on Aug 25 2006, 12:40 AM
I'd try out for a voice but I'm UBER shy when it comes to recording myself. x_x;; I don't think I can do any of the G1 voices though. My voice isn't girly enough to do a female role and my voice isn't deep enough to do any of the Chojin. Argh. 

Hmm, then maybe your voice falls somewhere inbetween obvious gender specific? Maybe like a certain ambiguous male/female creature thingy like Nachi?:D

Also, if your voice is as you claim whether it's deeper than average or higher than average, maybe you'd like to get yer geritol on and VA for Skullduggery's Mom? We also have Queen Muscle, Terryman's Wife (Natsuko?), Maria, and oddly enough "The Spirit of New York" which we can cast as a male or female no problem.

As far as being UBER shy goes, no worries these are all very small parts the pain will be over quickly. ;) Plus your an AKIA Vet, it wouldnt be right moving on w/o you. :unsure:

-Checkmate

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com