• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 08:41 AM

This question was asked Rick McCallum on the official Star Wars site, and here's his reply:

Q:  Is it true that George Lucas has been consulting with some fans who have web sites to get help with writing Episode II?

A:  Absolutely not. How ridiculous.

George has a very clear vision about the story of Star Wars that he won't allow to be swayed by the whims of the Internet, the media, critics or anyone. The Internet rumors this time around are possibly even more funny and off base than they were for the first film.

Now, I think that George WAS listening to the fans when he was creating Episode II. Why else would Jar Jar have such a reduced role? And why else would N Sync be edited out of the movie so quickly if he wasn't listening?

The fact that people influence George's decisions in making a movie bothers me somewhat. He's letting others dictate how his movies are created. I'm disappointed in him. Anyway, what do you guys think?

-Nathan

PS- I would like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed Attack of the Clones. Although I'm disappointed in George, his weakness did lead to a better movie.

#2 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 09:11 AM

I think since E1 was considered a FLOP (content wise, not profit wise) he was very wary of the fan backlash and negative perception of what E2 was going to be like. SO being the director he is, he looked at getting some input by the fans to what they want, so that he wouldn't have the same fiasco occur with E2. E1 still hurt E2 though, as E2 didn't do nearly as well as Spiderman wiped up the floor with it, when it should have been the other way around. I think he's playing to his audience, which is a business move. Yes, he may have changed a few things that he wanted to do personally, but what good is a movie, if hardly anyone wants to see it.
My question, since I haven't seen it yet, or read the book, is "How much different was it compared to the E2 book, and do the differences fit the pattern of the other 4 movies. If so, then that answers your question there as to whether he bowed to fan input or not. Just for the record though. I see nothing wrong with giving a paying public what they want in a movie.

#3 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
  • Interests:Sega Master System and Segas other Consoles and games., Legos
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 18 July 2002 - 10:03 AM

He may have listned in some areas but there was a huge out cry when he released the name for E2. He didnt change the name.

Besides he can change whatever he wants for special edition then a collectors edition and so on.

Two comments Yoda was awsome. Jango Fett was a HUGE let down.

Spiderman was more universal. Just about anybody could enjoy it. It also showed in about 2000 more theaters in its opening weekend.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#4 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 18 July 2002 - 11:25 AM

Spiderman was more universal. Just about anybody could enjoy it. It also showed in about 2000 more theaters in its opening weekend.

It also opened before E2 and outlasted E2 in the Theaters, at least around Sacramento, Ca.

#5 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 09:09 PM

Note that technically, Jar Jar is responsible for all of the bad thigns in the original trilogy- he gave Palpatine Emperor Powers!!

yeah, that's fan-service.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 22 July 2002 - 10:40 AM

Palpatine had the plan He was moving everything into place. Jar Jar if anything was a catalyst and just speeded thigns up.
"I've always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other." Ronald Regan - April 11, 1984

#7 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 09:46 PM

Palpatine had the plan He was moving everything into place. Jar Jar if anything was a catalyst and just speeded thigns up.

Jar-jar is Vader.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 Adamantiumwulf

Adamantiumwulf

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1900 posts
    Transformers
    Baseball cards
    various action figures

Posted 25 July 2002 - 05:35 AM

Jar-jar is Vader.

An evil jar-jar. Interesting, most interesting.

He might be a decent charcter then.

#9 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 03:05 PM

A jar jar clone army! woooohooo!
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#10 WarOmnimon

WarOmnimon

King Exkaiser Haro!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 10:05 AM

Jar-jar is Vader.

*Buzzer* Anakin is Vader. Watch the original Trilogy. :)
Current Avatar Harobot King Exkaiser
AKA The Daikaiju Battle Guy

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com