• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and Gormiti.

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:52 PM

Well Target has cut Gormiti prices, no doubt to make room for series 3, starting today April 8th, 2010. The twopacks are $3.99 down from $5.99, and four-packs are down to $7.99 from $9.99. Surely Toys R Us will have a sale soon. This is the best time to round out your series 2 collection.

#2 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:22 AM

Thanks for the heads up LW - I was holding off on my Series 2 purchases until this day inevitably arrived!

#3 War Weasel

War Weasel

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:41 AM

But they also have the SIII playsets on clearance (at least my two do, @ just under $14). Clearancing SII is fine & dandy, but the playsets? That don't sound too good to me. Anyone know if SIII packs are actually coming to the US? :lol:

#4 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:40 PM

Tempt me not foul devils! I have resisted Gormiti ever since before series 1 hit the USA. It's hard.

#5 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:26 PM

But they also have the SIII playsets on clearance (at least my two do, @ just under $14). Clearancing SII is fine & dandy, but the playsets? That don't sound too good to me. Anyone know if SIII packs are actually coming to the US? :ph34r:

Well a price cut is different from clearance. Clearance is generally used to clear off the shelf space for new, usually different items. A price cut reserves a given product's shelf space and seems to be used to clear out older stock to make way for new stock. Target had used a price cut in August 2009 to clear out the tail end of series one to make way for series 2. So while we don't know for sure that series 3 is coming, odds are good it will hit in the next 2-4 weeks. Also it seems that new Gormiti hits shelves about every 4 months. Lastly, Playmates had issued a press statement that 90 new Gormiti figures were going to be released in 2010. So although nothing seemed to have come out at Toy Fair about new Gormiti, I personally expect Gormiti to perform until at least Christmas 2010.

Remember that Playmates isn't taking the hugest risk with Gormiti, since the molding already exists, they are in charge of packaging and distribution without the high cost of new tooling. So if Gormiti performs at least moderately well in sales, Playmates is raking in cash. It also seems odd that KMart just started to carry Gormiti, which would be a total waste if series 3 isn't being released.

#6 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:14 AM

The series 2 10-packs and newer playsets are on clearance at Target for $13.98 down from $19.99. That's a 30% savings.

#7 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

I was at Target last nite and had a couple packs in my cart. I resisted though thinking I could just trade for the ones I want. They did have 3 of the series 2 forest in atomic repaint colors though.

#8 Drosselmeyer

Drosselmeyer

il Signore della Foresta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Gormiti & Beast Saga

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

Stopped by Target today and they had the Series 3 playsets on clearance for 13.98. They have Gormiti on clearance all the time though, apparently just to make room for new shipments. Hopefully we get Series 3 packs soon... I haven't heard any news about it since last year's press release. Doesn't make sense for the US to get the playsets but not the actual figures.

UPDATE: Seems my local Target was a little slow, as they just cut down the prices. They don't even have it listed as a "Price Cut." It seems to just be the normal listed price now.

Edited by Drosselmeyer, 13 April 2010 - 06:25 PM.

#9 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:01 PM

I was at Target last nite and had a couple packs in my cart. I resisted though thinking I could just trade for the ones I want. They did have 3 of the series 2 forest in atomic repaint colors though.

Stop resisting. Unless you plan to get loose lots in the future, you should really grab some at this price. It really is a value. Just imagine passing on MUSCLE or Battle Beasts if you had a chance to get them at retail, on sale even.

#10 War Weasel

War Weasel

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:47 AM

I found that some local Targets have the playsets clearanced (and it is tagged and scanned as a clearance item), while others are at the original price.

Just because the importer is happy with sales doesn't mean the retailer is. I'm afraid Target COULD drop the line out of space consideration;if it is not selling as well as they'd like, they could be dropping it to stock something else. Remember that their take on merchandising means that their shelves aren't crammed full like Walmart (and to a lesser extent, K-Mart), means they are necessarily picky about what lines they choose to carry. And Target is pretty much US Series III's only hope, near as I can see.

Finger's crossed!

#11 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:21 PM

Stop resisting. Unless you plan to get loose lots in the future, you should really grab some at this price. It really is a value. Just imagine passing on MUSCLE or Battle Beasts if you had a chance to get them at retail, on sale even.

Well, I went to another Target today, and I saw that they had the three 10 packs I need to complete the series 2 forest and earth tribes. I also have a complete set of the ocean tribe, but I am not sure I want to keep those. I'll just keep the forest and earth tribes for sure and trade/sell the rest.

I am glad I picked these up. The sculpts are nice and clean as is the paint and they are just neat looking. The plastic is a nice quality too. They had the series 3 forest playset on sale, but I didn't pick it up. I might change my mind about that one as well.

#12 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

Durn you Gormiti! I found the other two 10-packs I needed to finish the set. Thinking about repainting my extras.

#13 JupiterNik

JupiterNik

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:31 AM

Durn you Gormiti! I found the other two 10-packs I needed to finish the set. Thinking about repainting my extras.

Please do you have some pictures of your repainted gormiti figures ?
I'd like to see them

#14 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:02 AM

Please do you have some pictures of your repainted gormiti figures ?
I'd like to see them

Haven't started yet, but I will post them in the GOT TOYS section to sell them.

Thanks for the interest.

#15 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 07:20 AM

Welcome to the world of Gormiti, Username. I'm sure we are all looking forward to your custom paintschemes. I've been contemplating doing some Transformers tribute paintjobs, but I'm not sure where to start. I would definitely like to conquer a five 'bot set like the Combaticons or the Arielbots.

#16 War Weasel

War Weasel

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:15 AM

My local Target has marked its Series III playsets down to 75% off. And I went there to pick up the Volcano one at half-off!

I still feel that the future for Series III at Target looks dim.

#17 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:30 AM

My local Target has marked its Series III playsets down to 75% off. And I went there to pick up the Volcano one at half-off!

I still feel that the future for Series III at Target looks dim.

If anyone can pick me up either of the playsets (the ones with the gold Brags/Magitronco) at such a reduced price, I would be sure to compensate them for it.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#18 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:32 PM

If I head to a Target in time to spot them on clearance, I'll definitely help out, but I have no idea if that will be soon enough. :)

#19 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

Cheers Boaconda, it looks as though I've been able to locate a pair of these playsets already :)
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#20 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:19 AM

Just picked up two of the Series 2 10-packs clearanced down to $4.98 at Target. What a great deal, wish they would've had the rest of them. I can't really justify Gormiti purchases anymore at their regular price, but 50 cents each is just about right. :)
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#21 War Weasel

War Weasel

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

Cheers Boaconda, it looks as though I've been able to locate a pair of these playsets already :huh:

Great! I just saw your post and all my local targets have sold out as of today. At $5, who could beat that?

Toy Story has taken over their former Gormiti slot, though. At least it wasn't Bakugan :lol:

#22 Drosselmeyer

Drosselmeyer

il Signore della Foresta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Gormiti & Beast Saga

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:08 PM

Just walked in to Target today and they have about half their selection of toys on clearance at 30% off, including all their Gormiti. It looks like they're expecting new toys to fill the shelves with so they're getting rid of all the Transformers, Star Wars, and other old series. Basically everything in the action-figure aisle that's not Toy Story, Prince of Persia, or Iron Man is on clearance.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com