170 replies to this topic

#151 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:23 AM

OK, sorry to bump, but I just got the game. I have no idea how to unlock the following:

- Checkmate (got his silouette when I beat arcade with Sunshine)
- Scarface (his siliouette camenup when I beat Arcade with Buffaloman)
- Geromino (got his silouette when I completed the Mask story)
- Illuyhin
- Barrierfreeman
- Benkiman
- Akumashogun
- Ataru

I think that's everyone I'm missing. I have the defaults and all of the Akuma Choujin (save Akuma)

forget about benkiman, akuma shogun and ataru for the time being, keep playing survival mode till the bar reaches 5 at least, and then keep beating the arcade mode using random characters (some of them unlock nothing tho)

#152 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:12 PM

OK, I got the bar up to 5 and got Geronimo, Ilioukhine, Scarface, and Checkmate, but I've seen no mention of Barrierfreeman yet. What else do I have to do?
Posted Image

#153 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:00 PM

I got the Gauge up to 6 and still nothing..
Posted Image

#154 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 02:29 AM

I got the Gauge up to 6 and still nothing..

ok, now start to play the tournaments and get as many S rankings as you can, basically for barrierfreeman you need to get a S ranking in the 16 chojins tournament (first row second circle, mantaro's first battle is against pentagon) after you get the S a secret match against barrier freeman should trigger, beat him and he should unlock, don't forget to beat the arcade mode with mantaro as well.

#155 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 10:14 PM

Yeah I got Benkiman and Barrierfreeman

I just need Akumashogun and Ataru.
Posted Image

#156 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 10:25 PM

Yeah I got Benkiman and Barrierfreeman

I just need Akumashogun and Ataru.

that's pretty hard, I couldn't unlock them myself

#157 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:37 PM

I have no idea how to get them (outside from using gave saves on GameFAQs)
Posted Image

#158 buffaloman

buffaloman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:38 PM

I have no idea how to get them (outside from using gave saves on GameFAQs)

that's what I did, I eventually took the save from gamefaqs cuz it bugged me

#159 WarOmnimon

WarOmnimon

King Exkaiser Haro!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:57 PM

I apologize for bumping the topic, but I somehow got my PS2 to read a DVD for the cogswap to run MGP, and it worked.

And I'm glad I was able to pull it off. I played through Arcade mode, tried out all the initial characters, and also played Story mode for a bit. Some things I noted when I played, and buffaloman probably already knows most of them, I'm putting them here for reference for those who don't have and/or haven't played the game...

-Kinnikuman's FuRinKaZan (Elemental Mixer) is a four move chain throw, you have to put the initial command in then time each of the next commands at the right time. Somewhat like King from the Tekken series.
-Mantaro will execute either the Muscle Gravity or Muscle Millenium, depending on where he is, when you use his only level 9 command. Muscle Millenium comes out when you are near the ropes.

I'll play for a bit longer later and review the game. It's too awesome for words at this point.
Current Avatar Harobot King Exkaiser
AKA The Daikaiju Battle Guy

#160 Brocken_Fangirl

Brocken_Fangirl

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:28 AM

Could someone tell me what rings correspond to what fights please?

#161 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

Nezumi-Otoko for President!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do, Tai Chi, Aikido), manga and anime, drawing mangas, Kurosawa Akira and Woody Allen and Stanley Kubrick films, Japanese food and culture, breathing, Mystery Science Theater 3000, political humor, voice actors, flying by farting, wrestling, and the music of Frank Zappa

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:34 AM

Could someone tell me what rings correspond to what fights please?

Kinnikuman vs. SteCase King: Tokyo Tower
Kinnikuman vs. Black Hole: Solar House
Wolfman vs. Springman: Tottori Sand Dunes
Robin Mask/Kinnikuman vs. Atlantis: Hidden Lake in Ueno Park
Warsman/Kinnikuman vs. Buffaloman: Denen Colliseum (with the crane thingy next to the ring)
Brocken Jr./Mongolman vs. Mister Khamen: Pyramid Ring
Terryman vs. The Mountain: Chichibu Mountain Range

Kinnikuman vs. Sneagator: Nippon Budokan (indoor arena)
Kinnikuman vs. Planetman: Amusement Park
Robin Mask/Brocken Jr./Terryman/Super Badass Geronimo vs. Junkman/The Ninja/Ashuraman/Sunshine: Five Story Ring
Kinnikuman vs. Ashuraman: Japanese Alps (Stadium with statues for Ring posts)
Kinnikuman vs. Akuma Shougun: No clue
Currently Reading: One Piece, Hajime no Ippo, Detective Conan, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman., Nurarihyon no Mago, Kyoukai no Rinne, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, GTO: Shonan 14 Days, Naruto, Bleach, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Rurouni Kenshin, Shamo, Real, BØY, and (whenever I can) KochiKame
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010
"Washi ga Otokojuku jukuchou... Edajima Heihachi de aru!!!!!"

#162 Brocken_Fangirl

Brocken_Fangirl

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:09 PM

Thanks I ended up doing trial and error though lol. I started using a gamefaqs guide that a few people vouched was correct but to unlock akuma shogun it said to defeat his akuma knights in arcade mode how do I do that? Also how do I charge my special gauge? Lastly was I supposed to unlock someone after beating story mode with Mantaro?

Edited by Brocken_Fangirl, 09 May 2007 - 04:57 PM.

#163 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do, Tai Chi, Aikido), manga and anime, drawing mangas, Kurosawa Akira and Woody Allen and Stanley Kubrick films, Japanese food and culture, breathing, Mystery Science Theater 3000, political humor, voice actors, flying by farting, wrestling, and the music of Frank Zappa

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:49 AM

I think you are supposed to play as the Akuma Knights in Arcade Mode to unlock Akuma Shougun. As for the special gauge I believe you are supposed to press left button+circle or right button+circle. I think winning Arcade Mode with Mantarou unlocks Barrierfreeman.

Sorry I'm not more help, but I've yet to actually play this game.
Currently Reading: One Piece, Hajime no Ippo, Detective Conan, Toriko, Beelzebub, Bakuman., Nurarihyon no Mago, Kyoukai no Rinne, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, GTO: Shonan 14 Days, Naruto, Bleach, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Rurouni Kenshin, Shamo, Real, BØY, and (whenever I can) KochiKame
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#164 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:49 PM

The methods they chose to unlock people in this game are very, very screwy and I'm fairly sure there isn't an exact science for it figured out. I remember there was someone who had a decent idea on the GFAQs board, though.

From what I remember about the Golden Mask arc...

Pick the second door first. That's Sneagator. Then pick the first door to fight Planetman.

When you're inside Warsman, Robin fights first, then Brocken, and then (I THINK) Geronimo. I was confused because the order of the fights is kind of ambiguous in the manga, but I forget now. Terryman fights last against Ashuraman (I think; if I'm wrong, Geronimo and Terryman switch places).

After that you don't have to worry about fight orders since Kinnikuman automatically fights Ashuraman, then Buffaloman vs. Akuma Shogun, then Kinnikuman vs. Akuma Shogun.

Oh, and if you picked the correct choice, you'll get a screen with a picture of the akuma choujin you're about the fight, with some creepy intro music and an episode title.
Posted Image

#165 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:55 PM

Super Badass Geronimo's fight is last of the Five Story Ring fights.
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#166 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

more like super blandass
Posted Image

#167 Brocken_Fangirl

Brocken_Fangirl

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 05:05 PM

I got Turbinski's shadow in survival mode but whose arcade do I do to unlock turbinski?

#168 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:53 PM

more like super blandass

Mmm, Nah. Not by a long shot. It's Super Badass. U-Ra-Ra!!
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#169 Grizzledman

Grizzledman

Flying Fogey Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

Sorry but he was always my least favorite of the Idol Choujins, designwise and otherwise

the U-Ra-Ra is kind of catchy though
Posted Image

#170 Idol Choujin Showtime

Idol Choujin Showtime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:54 AM

Sorry but he was always my least favorite of the Idol Choujins, designwise and otherwise

the U-Ra-Ra is kind of catchy though

Why? What's not to like about the Brave Young Apache who massaged his own heart back to life so he could finish kicking Sunshine's ass, zura? Gero always had the greatest amount of fighting spirit, which puts him right under Kinnikuman, Ramenman, and Robin Mask in my favorite characters list, zura. U-Ra-Ra!!

PS: Se... Sekkaku no Koui wo Mu ni shi'te, sumanee zura... Neptuneman to obashiki... Choujin-san...! Shi... Shikashi, Ora ga Ima Hai wo Uketoreba... sekkaku Choujin Enma kara Nogare Heion ni Kurashi'teiru, Anta wo Futatabi Tatakai no Uzu ni Maki konde shimau koto ni naru...! SORE DAKE WA... SORE DAKE WA DEKINEE ZURA~~~!!
Posted Image
Gouri Daisuke, 1952~2010

#171 Krendall

Krendall

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 04:20 PM

Okay, I think I've figured out how to unlock characters:
- You first have to unlock their shadow by beating Arcade with a certain character or winning an "event."
- Next, do whatever you didn't do yet.

For example, to unlock Stecaseking:
- Beat Arcade with Kinnikuman.
- Beat Stecaseking with Kinnikuman in Story Mode.

I believe you can do those two in either order.

Any tips for getting S rankings in Tournament mode?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com