Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Life in Oblivion

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:03 PM

Who else has found all their free time swallowed by Oblivion? This game is like crack for the eyes!
Posted Image

#2 Siccx Degree

Siccx Degree

Home of The Whopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:13 PM

This game has taken tons of my time, and I will continue to gladly give in, finished the new expansion awhile back too, some good loot to be found in that one...

260199921_b3fdfe42ca.jpg

#3 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:20 AM

dammit! i started playing this last week. not only does it consume all of my free time. i'm fairly certain it uses some form of mind control because i only think about my next quest or how i might get past the next point when i'm not playing. i've maybe spent 20 hours so far. i decided to become an assassin. so far it's been great. sneaking through a dungeon and killing all of the goblins or bandits without ever being seen.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#4 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

I always start out my games as a Linguist. :D I havn't played this one for a while, but I've been overly tempted to buy my own 360 to play it. Cause frankly my computer probably wouldn't.

I never really thought about how I'd go about my next quest...cause unlike Morrowind, this game pretty much hands everything to you on a silver platter. It actually spoiled me with that crazy little compass. I used to hate it when you had to find the "lost door" to some cave or something in Morrowind, and for some reason you always seem to overlook it the first time and it takes you an hour to figure out you passed the place 3 times without knowing it. :D

But for Oblivion, although I highly recommend doing everything eventually. I REALLY recommend the thieves guild.

Posted Image

#5 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:01 PM

i joined the thieves guild first. wasn't until i killed a guard that i became an assassin. i'm hoping i can do both. although, i'm getting pretty sick of nicking top dollar stuph only to get screwed on the price by this worthless fence they start you out with.

#6 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:49 PM

You see that's the mistake your making. Your nipping the expensive stuff. It's the cheap items that get you moving quickly to the next fence. Everytime I've done the guild I had all the required fenced amounts before the 3rd mission. In fact It gets to a point where money is no longer an issue if you just completely loot caves and everything. I always sell my stuff to the woodelf in the market district or whatever. He buys everything, and if you make him your buddy after all that commercial war crap then he pays you more, and gives you discounts.

Man...Oblivion is old news now isn't it. It's been a good year since I remember playing it last.

And as far as the Dark Brotherhood assassins guild. I got my first invite from Lucien when I was inside of that High elf's dreams, which was really cool. B)

Edited by Universal Ruler Supreme, 31 October 2009 - 07:51 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:34 PM

I really hammered this game when it came out, it was even better than Morrowind.

The Dark Brotherhood quests were especially awesome.

Now that I think about it, I haven't actually completed the main quest yet... whoops!
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#8 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:18 PM

I spent sooo much time playing Oblivion when i first got my 360. Now i have kind of a hard time going back to it. Fallout 3 just presented a more appealing worldview for me. :sweat:
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#9 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

is fallout 3 a big game? like over 100 hrs or more? if so, i may have to add it to my "get list" now that it's going for cheap at target.

#10 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:48 AM

Fallout 3 is insane. I personally don't care for it... as I'm not big on super gory games, but if you take Oblivion, and put it in a modern day war torn civilization, that's what fallout is. They are constantly releasing expansion sets. I think they are working on Number four already. It supposed to be set in Vegas. If you like gore, guns, ghoulish zombie guys, or mutants, plus a free range RPG, then you will love this game.

I havn't played it myself, but my brother has been putting wicked hours into the series, and I have watched him play it alot as well. As for the exact size of the game, I couldn't tell you. But I'm sure it's as big if not bigger than Oblivion.

Posted Image

#11 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 02:34 AM

Fallout 3 is on my "must buy" list, but I have Fallout 1 & 2 (on PC) and haven't played those yet. I think I would rather start at the beginning of the series, although these earlier games are isometric 3D rather than first person.

Incidentally, Fallout fans are known for being absolutely fanatical in their devotion to the games, they are kind of like the Ninja Mite fans of the video gaming world.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#12 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:24 AM

is fallout 3 a big game? like over 100 hrs or more? if so, i may have to add it to my "get list" now that it's going for cheap at target.

Yeah it is gigantic. I think my current play clock is at like 130 hours, and i still need to play one of the expansions. It's a good thing you don't already have it, because they just released a game of the year edition. $60, and it gets you the game plus all five DLC packs, which total $50 on their own. So you don't have to be like me and spend $110 on the game. :sweat: I would STRONGLY recommend this goty edition over the regular one, as the DLC packs are mostly must-owns. Especially Broken Steel, which raises the level cap and extends the game past the original ending...if you don't have Broken Steel and you beat the game, the game just ENDS. Nobody wants that.

Once my 360 comes back all fixed up i'll be finishing up that last expansion, then starting over again to play as an evil character. :D
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#13 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:03 PM

hang on. you actually started out as a "good" character? since when do you opt for good over evil? who does that, really? they better make you play as a good guy before you can play as an evil one, or you're not allowed in my club house. :D :rolleyes:

#14 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:35 PM

I actually have a weird thing where i'm way more upstanding and idealistic in video games than i am in real life.

I think mostly it's because i'm afraid of killing shopkeepers that i might need for something awesome later in the game.

In real life if i kill shopkeepers they will just hire someone else. :rolleyes:
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#15 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

I am not a number. I'm a free man

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:37 PM

Yeah it is gigantic. I think my current play clock is at like 130 hours, and i still need to play one of the expansions. It's a good thing you don't already have it, because they just released a game of the year edition. $60, and it gets you the game plus all five DLC packs, which total $50 on their own. So you don't have to be like me and spend $110 on the game. :lol: I would STRONGLY recommend this goty edition over the regular one, as the DLC packs are mostly must-owns. Especially Broken Steel, which raises the level cap and extends the game past the original ending...if you don't have Broken Steel and you beat the game, the game just ENDS. Nobody wants that.

Once my 360 comes back all fixed up i'll be finishing up that last expansion, then starting over again to play as an evil character. :)

I started that game, but lost interest. I wasn't real keen on how the character levels and how every enemy/bandit/creature was kicking the crap out of me at every meeting. Plus the whole quick deterioration of the weapons ticked me off.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

#16 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:40 AM

Yeah it is gigantic. I think my current play clock is at like 130 hours, and i still need to play one of the expansions. It's a good thing you don't already have it, because they just released a game of the year edition. $60, and it gets you the game plus all five DLC packs, which total $50 on their own. So you don't have to be like me and spend $110 on the game. :lol: I would STRONGLY recommend this goty edition over the regular one, as the DLC packs are mostly must-owns. Especially Broken Steel, which raises the level cap and extends the game past the original ending...if you don't have Broken Steel and you beat the game, the game just ENDS. Nobody wants that.

Once my 360 comes back all fixed up i'll be finishing up that last expansion, then starting over again to play as an evil character. :)

I started that game, but lost interest. I wasn't real keen on how the character levels and how every enemy/bandit/creature was kicking the crap out of me at every meeting. Plus the whole quick deterioration of the weapons ticked me off.

Yeah that is a big issue with the gameplay, but once you start hitting higher levels and pick out the best perks it gets easier. I recall my brother getting destroyed by those stupid giant fire ants when he first started playing. :) He couldn't even take one out. Now he is well outfitted and doesn't even have much trouble with anything except those giant lizard monsters.

If you don't mind being bored for about 10 hours, there is a cheap level up trick you can use on the console version. Of course you will need to save often and have good repetition....or the land mine will just blow you up before you disarm it. :)

Posted Image

#17 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:05 PM

If the early-game enemies are kicking the crap out of you, you may just be doing it wrong. :huh: Use VATS for every single fight, and aim for the head. The only enemies i recall having much of an issue with early on were the Talon Company Mercs. The weapon deterioration sucks but it's easily worked around by just making sure you use common weapons early on. Killing/looting raiders will keep you in fresh weapons and armor for much of the game.

One thing i found really satisfying about this game vs. Oblivion is that the enemies don't level with you. In Oblivion, i found every fight through the entire game to just be tedious because no matter how strong you get, every random bear or goblin in the game is getting stronger with you. In Fallout, new stronger enemies start to show up, but the old weak ones are there too, ripe for the looting.

Plus as previously mentioned the setting is just ridiculously satisfying. Sooo many little side stories to run across, that you could play the whole game and never see. I spent hours just aimlessly roaming in that game, and it always paid off.
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#18 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:28 PM

i've had little trouble with oblivion when fighting enemies. now that i've stolen/acquired magical items it's even easier. all you have to do is figure out how to make those lovely potions of strength and battles tend to be fairly one sided. of course, i think my most challenging enemies so far have been the graverobber guy who i got his kick ass sword from and a city guard. luckily for me, some stupid pirates had pushed the guard into the water so it was just a matter of shooting him with a billion arrows.

#19 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:49 PM

I actually like those loser pirate guys, so I never go on their ship. :notme: My least favorite enemies are Trolls... I hate those speedy effers. And I am not fond at all of any zombies. I really can't think of anything I hate more than trolls... I first run into them inside that painting, and I've hated them ever since. I was like level 4 or something when I did that mission, so I had to outwit the freaking things till they were all dead one at a time. :pardon:

Posted Image

#20 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

i forgot about the damn painting trolls. yeah, they were hard. even at level 10 they were hard. i just used the turpentine on my blade and beat them down with three hits. i only ended up having to kill two of them since i just mountain goated my way over the cliff. worked out good too, since it takes three vials of turpentine to kill one troll and i only had six vials.

Edited by dankingery, 03 November 2009 - 07:12 PM.

#21 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:51 AM

I thought that mission was very cool, but didn't think the prize was worth it for all that trouble I personally went through. I had to literally run backward hitting the pricks with flare till I couldn't run backward anymore...which was usually when I got back to the starting point. :pardon: Then I tried to kill the monster hand to hand. Finally got em all, but I swear I died like 20 times before I got it. One time I almost pulled it off, but the troll decided to kill the guy I was there to save instead of me.

Posted Image

#22 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

i found a cave that they're too big to fit in and has just enough space for you to back out of their range. if you time it right you could bait them all to it and just bee-eye-itch slap them without having to use any other tricks besides cowardice. i was gonna do it, but i still haven't figured out how leveling up works in the game so i decided not to play with fire. i passed the mission relatively easy on my second attempt so i didn't really want to poke the tiger.

#23 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:42 PM

Did you ever find that dead troll in the river? -_- If not, I suggest searching for a large mossy patch in the water somewhere. :lol:

Posted Image

#24 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

ah hell. no i didn't do too much exploring. can you get back into the painting once you've left it?

#25 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:44 AM

No, it is in the real world. I can't recall which river it is, but it is close to a bridge I believe.

Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com