127 replies to this topic

#76 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

P.S. Brady should be ashamed of himself for looking for a roughing the passer call today. Dude, man up. I hate to agree with someone like Ray Lewis but yeah, it is embarrasing to the game that a quaterback be such a sissy.

Amen! I never thought I'd be agreeing with Ray Lewis.

Posted Image

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :cry: :p :p

Edited by asator, 05 October 2009 - 06:58 PM.

#77 Blitzwulf

Blitzwulf

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:34 PM

haha :bunny:

at least he managed to not squander a 28 point lead in one quarter.

:bunny:

#78 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

haha :bunny:

:bunny:

A win is a win. :bunny:

And while the Steelers did manage to squander a 28 point lead in one quarter at least they didnt squander a perfect season. :bunny:

Edited by asator, 05 October 2009 - 07:58 PM.

#79 DukeOfAwesome

DukeOfAwesome

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:50 PM

Hey, all I gotta say is it's the defense's job to lay on the QB and it's the QB's job to look at the refs so both guys were doing their job. Plus since the Brady injury last year the NFL has to protect their money makers so they basically put them in a bubble. Besides if you watched the whole game the Ravens were aiming low on Brady to begin with.

One more thing, I'm a Patriots fan first but my second love is the Buffalo Bills so I don't want to hear any Eagles fans complaining!! hahaha

FIRE DICK JURON!!!

#80 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 06 October 2009 - 04:27 AM

my second love is the Buffalo Bills so I don't want to hear any Eagles fans complaining!! hahaha

Honestly, I wasn't complaining. :bunny: :bunny:

However, I was thinking the other day how funny it is that even with 156 superbowl wins, including one last year, Steelers fans still get their panties in a bunch each year over their team. As an Eagles fan, I think to myself, "Geez, if we could just win one I'd be happy forever." :bunny:

But then you have teams like Dallas, Buffalo, and the Browns who probably think the same thing about the Eagles. We make the playoffs and the NFC championship game almost every year it seems. They are probably thinking that Eagles fans are whiners, and that they would be happy if their team just made it to the playoffs. :bunny:

I guess it's just human nature to always want more. It perhaps, in sports terms, it's that "competitive" spirit. :cry:
Posted Image

#81 Blitzwulf

Blitzwulf

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:39 PM

haha :D

:D

A win is a win. :M:

And while the Steelers did manage to squander a 28 point lead in one quarter at least they didnt squander a perfect season. ;)

aw c'mon. no need to rub salt in old wounds. I've got plenty of Giants fans within hand grenade distance to take care of that. :(

#82 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

haha :o

;)

A win is a win. ^_^

And while the Steelers did manage to squander a 28 point lead in one quarter at least they didnt squander a perfect season. ^_^

aw c'mon. no need to rub salt in old wounds. I've got plenty of Giants fans within hand grenade distance to take care of that. :(

Hey, you started it! :lol: :p

And for the record, I was rooting for the Pats to win that game against the Ravens and even wanting them to win I was like, "Dude, Brady, why dont you grow a set already?" I mean, a great QB? No doubt. Numbers dont lie. But I've seen tougher players at a PeeWee league games.

Also, to the comment that its the "QB's job to look at the refs". No, its the refs job to look at the players and make the calls, not have the players look to them and tell them that a call should be made. The QBs are supposed to be the leaders of the team. The face of the team. The most important and visible player on the field. If the QB is constantly looking to the refs in an attempt to get bogus calls, then he makes the entire team look like cowards who can only win games with the help of the refs.

And thats entirely what that was too, and whether you were rooting for or against them, you know that's what that was. Sure, Flacco got a roughing the Brady, er, I mean roughing the passer, call in his favor, but he was also quoted afterwards as saying that he couldnt believe that the refs called it a foul because it was barely a touch. Flacco may look like Bert from Bert and Ernie but at least hes a man.

The truth is, Brady got hurt and now, just like it would be with ANY player, he's gonna be afraid of it happening again. You can see it in his playing just like you could see it in Carson Palmer's player after he came back from being hurt. I cant blame him for that. Not at all. But because of who he is the refs are going to treat him as if he's made of glass and in my opinion, thats the kind of thing that diminishes the game. And yeah, rules are rules, but I mean, how many rule changes are they going to institute until these guys are just playing Two-Hand Touch?

#83 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:25 PM

i agree that tom brady is a good player. but from the very start of his career there has just been something about him that bugs the shizznit out of me. i don't know if it's that stupid look on his face or that lame-o jersey he wears ( :o boo patriots! ). he could save me from a burning building and i'd still hate the guy.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#84 Blitzwulf

Blitzwulf

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

asator- I agree that the call was bogus. My response was only in regards to the skirt shot, believe me when I say I was laughing when I saw it. Just a little tit-for-tat. :D

Every week there are calls made that are bogus, and then there fouls that never get called that should have been. One of the TDs made by the Chargers was totally bogus. The guy's knee was down before the ball crossed the goal line. How that play didn't get a review is beyond me. It just seems that the reffing so far this season has been lacking, across the board, in comparison to previous ones. Maybe the ref that made the call for brady was a rookie, or fell under some sort of spell produced by a secret patriot mind control device. Maybe that ref had some sort of heightened sense of awareness due to the new rules regarding the situation. Was that ref jumpy to call it, no doubt.

This week it worked in the patriots favor. Next week, who knows, the same thing could happen on the other side of the ball. We'll just have to see.

#85 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

Ok, after the Packers Monday night loss and the Tigers loss last night I'm ready to burn down the Metrodome. :D

#86 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:25 PM

asator- I agree that the call was bogus. My response was only in regards to the skirt shot, believe me when I say I was laughing when I saw it. Just a little tit-for-tat. :D

Every week there are calls made that are bogus, and then there fouls that never get called that should have been. One of the TDs made by the Chargers was totally bogus. The guy's knee was down before the ball crossed the goal line. How that play didn't get a review is beyond me. It just seems that the reffing so far this season has been lacking, across the board, in comparison to previous ones. Maybe the ref that made the call for brady was a rookie, or fell under some sort of spell produced by a secret patriot mind control device. Maybe that ref had some sort of heightened sense of awareness due to the new rules regarding the situation. Was that ref jumpy to call it, no doubt.

This week it worked in the patriots favor. Next week, who knows, the same thing could happen on the other side of the ball. We'll just have to see.

I know. We were both jagging each other arahnd, haha. A little Pittsburghese for ya.

And yeah, I totally agree, the officiating has been pretty bad lately all around the NFL. I dont know if I know which Charger touchdown you are talking about with the knee being down, but the one that was stripped during the punt return was total b.s. The refs should have blown the whistle by then, at the end of Logan's forward progress. I mean, if they stop blowing the whistle for forward progress that opens a whole can of worms. But like said before, if they blow the whistle too early then things happen like the Giants TD that was taken from them in week 2.

I could say "Who cares? A win is a win", right? Or, "well its over and done with, no use crying over it now", but thats just stupid. If things are being done wrong, something should be done about it. I mean, this is an extreme example, but if a person robs a store, the cops dont just let the guy go if they dont catch him in the act. Heck no, the hunt him down and deal out the justice. So I wont say, "that its over and done with so no need to worry" because it has been happening a lot and there doesn't seem to be any indication of it slowing. The people at the NFL forums that I go to I keep seeing, "well its over now so stop crying about it." but like, these people dont get it. This shouldnt be counted as one incident here, one incident there. It should be looked at for what it is, an overlapping and all encompassing issue: the quality of officiating right now is terrible.

Now, I dont know if the ref that made the Brady call was a rookie but Brady did say after the game,

"Was it a bad hit? No way. He barely touched me. But they [that nights officiating crew] were calling it tight. That crew usually calls it tight."

He also said that Belichick had scouted out the refs and had told the whole team that the officiating crew that was working that game "called it tight" and to try to look for flags on as many plays as they could simply because those refs were known for throwing lots of flags. So really, B.B. just used his environment to the best of his advantage. Is it cheating? No way. I dont think so at least. Is it a underhanded and kinda sleazy? Totally. But he doesn't care about that and really, my opinion of him is not the issue.

In the video of the ref calling that foul, you can see the ref look at Brady, and then Brady look at the ref and then make a motion like he was throwing a flag, and then, only after Brady did that, did the ref throw the flag. Brady wears Silver, red and blue, not black and white. So why is he calling the fouls? My question is, if Brady had not looked to the ref and made that motion, indicating that he wanted a flag thrown, would the ref have thrown one based on what he saw? I dont think so. He sure didnt look like he was getting ready to throw a flag until Brady got up and motioned that he should get one. And THAT is what I think is messed up.

ANYWAY. Thats all I have to say about that.

Anyone want to place bets on when the Browns will get their first win? I keep seeing talk of "Who's going to be this years Detroit Lions?" but I just dont think thats going to happen. So for the winless teams, when do you think their days will be, who will be the teams that they beat?

#87 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 04:40 AM

Hopefully this Sunday vs the Bills. Now that the cancer known as Braylon Edwards is gone.

Edited by Ghost Lion, 08 October 2009 - 04:41 AM.

#88 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

Well, that wasn't pretty. New game: when will Tampa Bay win a game?

#89 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:29 PM

I knew they could do it!

#90 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:24 PM

Tom Brady,Blows!!!!!! :lol:

Im looking foward to tonites game! :good:
Go Dolphins!!!!!!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#91 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:10 AM

That was a good Monday night game. Wild Cat! Grr.

#92 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:47 AM

Holy cow! Junior Seau is back?!

#93 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 13 October 2009 - 02:47 PM

Holy cow! Junior Seau is back?!

He just can't stay away. :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#94 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:01 PM

Grab your bags...its on.

Ok, I know that this thread hasn't had much play, and apologizes to Asator, but man oh man the Browns beat the Steelers tonight.

As sad as this sounds...my year is made! :lol: Feel free to post how bad the Browns really are, I don't care. They beat the Steelers. My students get extra recess, a pizza and ice cream party, and no homework tomorrow.

#95 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

i love watching underdogs pull through. :lol: congrats Browns.

#96 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:46 PM

i love watching underdogs pull through. :) congrats Browns.

Yeah. That was NOT pretty. I wish I could say something but the Steelers just plain suck right now. They were 6-2 and the season looked good. But losses to Kansas City, Oakland and Cleveland? Wow. Even if they would somehow make the playoffs, they wouldnt deserve it. Seems like after they win a SB they just suck the next year. Well at least the last two that is. They went 8-8 after SB40. My only hope for this season is beating the Ravens.

Oh well, cant win Super Bowls every year. I guess this year we'll just have to be content being the team with the most SB wins of all time. If there is anything that I learned from living through Steelers football in the 80's and 90's its that it could always be worse. Good game Brahns... you 2-11, ugly ass uniform havin, dirty, trash blowing across the field, losers. Congrats for your first win over the steelers in 6 years. :lol:

#97 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:12 AM

Thank you. And by trash do mean the players or that yellow crap that I thought was a flag every play? :lol:

#98 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:54 PM

i love watching underdogs pull through. :) congrats Browns.

Yeah. That was NOT pretty. I wish I could say something but the Steelers just plain suck right now. They were 6-2 and the season looked good. But losses to Kansas City, Oakland and Cleveland? Wow. Even if they would somehow make the playoffs, they wouldnt deserve it. Seems like after they win a SB they just suck the next year. Well at least the last two that is. They went 8-8 after SB40. My only hope for this season is beating the Ravens.

Oh well, cant win Super Bowls every year. I guess this year we'll just have to be content being the team with the most SB wins of all time. If there is anything that I learned from living through Steelers football in the 80's and 90's its that it could always be worse. Good game Brahns... you 2-11, ugly ass uniform havin, dirty, trash blowing across the field, losers. Congrats for your first win over the steelers in 6 years. :lol:

Pittsburgh should be emabarrassed right now :shock:
To think I made a bet on those losers :)

#99 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:55 PM

No, I mean the plastic bags and stuff floating around the field. Seriously, was it just me or was there a ton of stuff floating around the field? I guess it was pretty windy so that definitely had something to do with it.

But yeah, everyone on that field was terrible last night. Cleveland came to play though, and deserved that win.

#100 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:56 PM

Dont even get me started on the Cowboys. I dont forsee them going all the way this year. I too will have to be content with the fact Dallas has the second most super bowls. I honestly think it will be New Orleans this year. They play like they want it :)

Edited by Philly, 11 December 2009 - 12:58 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com