32 replies to this topic

#1 jasoncoll14

jasoncoll14

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:23 PM

Ok I am goin to be pretty honest. I dont know much about these things since i was just a kid when they first came out. I did however try to collect as many as i could when i was a kid and i think i have a few rare ones. Ive done a little research and here is a list of the ones i think may be on the rare side:

Series 2

# 49 Dragon - Pink
#55 Scorpion Man - Pink
#58 Bishop Fish - Orange
#62 Ganesh - Orange
#70 Dryad - Light blue/(cyan?)
#71 Undine - Light blue/cyan?

Series 3

#81 Blemmyea - Pink

Now if i remember correctly all the series 2 monsters came from sending off UPCs from spaghettios. The series 3 cames from the nes game. The series 3 one is currently selling for around $66 in ebay. However, i would like to know how much all of them are going for. I am also willing to sell them to anyone interested. Please dont try to scam me just because i am not a collector because i will do more research on prices before i sell. Thanks for any help that can be provided

EDIT by Veers - Just cleaned up your weird formatting. :D

Edited by General Veers, 06 November 2009 - 07:04 AM.

#2 LaRata

LaRata

Skaven Painter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:WARHAMMER !!!, BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU, MIMP, STAR WARS , SAINT SEIYA , AND ALL TIME BEST BASS PLAYERS IN THE WORLD !!

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:56 PM

Hello Jason, in your list only the orange ganesh and the Blemmyae are rare in fact very very rare :D many people that collect mimp figures only need that one orange ganesh to finish the entire series 2 set :D ( all sculpts in all colors ) Cheers !!
GW RLZ !!!!

#3 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 06 November 2009 - 06:55 AM

I agree, The Orange Ganesh and Belmmeyea are the rareties there, and I've Pm'd an offer for the Ganesh :D

Nocturin
Posted Image

#4 ChristianG

ChristianG

Delete me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:19 AM

Bit offended that some of us would possibly be scammers? Maybe it has a different meaning in the U.S.A?

Welcome to LRG'z, obviously you used to have passion for these MIMP.

#5 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:52 AM

I also assume that an orange Herne the Hunter would be almost as rare too.

As for that Blemmyea still on auction, I've no doubt what so ever it'll sell for double the current amount its at.

After all, I won a green Orobas from this guy around a couple 'o' weeks ago for $152.50!!!!
:D

#6 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Boglins, Mini-Boglins, MIMP, P.E.T Aliens, Gormiti, Fistful of power, M.U.S.C.L.E and Starwars :D

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:24 AM

To be honest, I don't think Orange herne is anywhere near as rare as Orange Ganesha, I've owned 5 different Orange Hernes, Kept 1 Gave 2 as gifts and sold 2. Orange Ganesh on the other hand I still need for my own collection...

Nocturin
Posted Image

#7 LaRata

LaRata

Skaven Painter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:WARHAMMER !!!, BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU, MIMP, STAR WARS , SAINT SEIYA , AND ALL TIME BEST BASS PLAYERS IN THE WORLD !!

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:12 PM

Im agree , only 3 sculpts of series 2 are really rare or in other words a total headache ; That Orange Ganesh, green Dragon and Blue Jabborwock i still need that Jabborwock to complete my series 2 collection :drinks:
GW RLZ !!!!

#8 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

Im agree , only 3 sculpts of series 2 are really rare or in other words a total headache ; That Orange Ganesh, green Dragon and Blue Jabborwock i still need that Jabborwock to complete my series 2 collection :drinks:

Thats wierd the first 2 sculpts I found were a Green Dragon and Blue Jabberwock and I didnt pay to much for them either
I still search for 3 series 2 figures to complete my collection including Ghost and Cerberus
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#9 jasoncoll14

jasoncoll14

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:40 PM

Bit offended that some of us would possibly be scammers? Maybe it has a different meaning in the U.S.A?

If i offended you i do apologize, i meant nothin by it. I just dont want anyone to think i can be takin advantage of just because i dont know much about them. Just want a good price for them is all.

#10 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:05 PM

If i offended you i do apologize, i meant nothin by it. I just dont want anyone to think i can be takin advantage of just because i dont know much about them. Just want a good price for them is all.

Most collectors here are looking for a bargain but you wont get ripped off, they will offer a fair price but the chances are it will be lower than ebay (unless it doesnt have a constant value)
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#11 OmegaTraf

OmegaTraf

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:24 PM

I have a hard time believing theres many users remaining here that would scam you. Theres even less users that would let another user get away with something phishy without ridicule for scamming either.

Hope that eases your nerves some.

#12 ChristianG

ChristianG

Delete me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:07 PM

The people are fair here, thanks for the reply, good luck.

#13 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:27 AM

Man, I want a cyan Jabberwock so bad. I saw a couple of eBay lots containing said figure that went for fairly decent prices but I am ostensibly unemployed at the moment and I can't justify spending cash on LRG until I get some financial stability. And what's this about scammers?? I thought offering a trade of a red Witch for the Blemmyea was a fair deal!

#14 TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

Ok, I am pretty new here but have been collecting MIMP for years now. I can understand a Blemmyea being rare as I just got a pink one from a member here for around the high end of the price range (was happy to do it , too), but a Orange Ganesh? Is it really that difficult to find? When I started collecting this line about 5 or so years ago, I bough two sealed MIMP series 2 boxes off of ebay and one of the first figures I pulled out was Ganesh in all four colors. I obviously have a lot more to learn or I am really lucky. But is it reall that difficult to find? I just can't believe it. Thanx Paul~

#15 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:40 PM

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the rarity of light red #20. There is aparently only one documented. I think Trumanshower is the owner.

Edited by asator, 09 November 2009 - 02:41 PM.

#16 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:55 PM

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the rarity of light red #20. There is aparently only one documented. I think Trumanshower is the owner.

Most people only know the "most hyped" and not the "most rare." :lol:

#17 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Music, Science, Religion, Scrabble, Monster In My Pocket, Battle Beasts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:56 PM

Dude, are you serious?? I traded him that figure for a light red Behemoth. I was happy to do it too, but really, only one documented? That's weird, I had no idea that it was that rare. I got it in a UK lot in ~Sep '08 with an orange Kraken, a cyan Charon and a dark green Spring Heeled Jack and naturally I didn't pay much attention to a light red Catoblepas.

#18 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:02 PM

Dude, are you serious?? I traded him that figure for a light red Behemoth. I was happy to do it too, but really, only one documented? That's weird, I had no idea that it was that rare. I got it in a UK lot in ~Sep '08 with an orange Kraken, a cyan Charon and a dark green Spring Heeled Jack and naturally I didn't pay much attention to a light red Catoblepas.

I saw that auction but didnt bid on it because I was at a point where I kind of hated collecting but still paid attention to ebay auctions. He may have 2 now then but I remember there being talk of that figure being extremely hard to find. I'm sure if you search through some of the older MIMP threads you'll find what I'm talking about. I know that he had every single series 1 figure in the "hot colors", with the exception of that light red #20, and when he found one he was super excited about it.

#19 wizard

wizard

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Action figures

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:36 AM

Hey, when you guys are reffering to the light red Catoblepas(#20) is it the same as the neon red one?
Collecting: MIMP, OMFG, FOP, DC direct, LEGO

#20 jack cambrian

jack cambrian

godless biologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:37 PM

Hey, when you guys are reffering to the light red Catoblepas(#20) is it the same as the neon red one?

Yeah, some collectors call neon red 'light red'. Personally, I'd probably call it neon orange.

#21 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:05 PM

I don't like neon orange only because it could lead to confusion in discussion with the Series 2 and Series 3 orange color. It's hard enough identifying them in crappy eBay pics without the terms being confusing too! But that's just me.

#22 Malosavich

Malosavich

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

Light red Catoblepas(#20) is rare? Well if any one is trying to find out how many there are around, I have one of these :blink:

Nocturin
Posted Image

#23 popculturizm

popculturizm

Serious Collector

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:29 PM

If the Orange Ganesh is a Spaghetti-o's premium how rare is it> and any idea of what one is worth -

#24 RareBob

RareBob

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:MIMPS :) Series 1, 2 and 3

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:55 PM

I didn't know that 20 in light red was rare although i had heard orange ganesha was. But the way i see it if i dont have the figure then it is rare and hard to find :)

#25 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:47 AM

the neon red cato was for me the rarest serie 1 in common color MIMP because it was the last one i needed to complete my collection ! But since the deal with Jack i've found in flea markets 2 more of this figure. So it's not so rare, maybe as rare as some neon serie 1 , but no more.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com