• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:07 AM

Anyone here know this seller on ebay? I think they were the one with the black painted figures and the greek packs. I bought a lot off them which looked like it had an orange cockatrice and kraken in (see picture) but they turned out to be neon red. Probably a mistake on my behalf due to them sometimes showing almost orange with camera flash etc.

However in the photo they are arranged into colours, the neon reds are all together, as are the greens and so on. Could it be they put orange ones in the photo? Granted the cockatrice did look a bit darker, but I rechecked it quite a few times and it does look like it might be orange.

Either way like I said its probably a mistake that I made, just wondered if anyone here thought the same or not? Or if you think maybe the seller put them in with the oranges as a ploy to get more bids? I don't know really but strikes me a bit odd they put them with the oranges and the rest of the neon reds are all together...
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#2 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:38 AM

Anyone here know this seller on ebay? I think they were the one with the black painted figures and the greek packs. I bought a lot off them which looked like it had an orange cockatrice and kraken in (see picture) but they turned out to be neon red. Probably a mistake on my behalf due to them sometimes showing almost orange with camera flash etc.

However in the photo they are arranged into colours, the neon reds are all together, as are the greens and so on. Could it be they put orange ones in the photo? Granted the cockatrice did look a bit darker, but I rechecked it quite a few times and it does look like it might be orange.

Either way like I said its probably a mistake that I made, just wondered if anyone here thought the same or not? Or if you think maybe the seller put them in with the oranges as a ploy to get more bids? I don't know really but strikes me a bit odd they put them with the oranges and the rest of the neon reds are all together...

I do know the who the seller is I will pm you ok.
“I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.â€￾ Bill Hicks R.I.P
My Collection
http://www.littlerub...=0

#3 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

www.monstercollecting.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:38 AM

Where is the image?

#4 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Gym, Reading, Horror films, Heavy Metal music, collecting mimps and boglins

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:03 AM

Ooops here it is. Pretty poor quality but thats ebay for you

Attached Files

• Attached File  ebay.jpg   138.35K   107 downloads

My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#5 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:14 AM

Ooops here it is. Pretty poor quality but thats ebay for you

Them 8 in the top left corner are defo orange, 2 me anyways mate would not be happy myself at that. Underhanded seller!!
“I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.â€￾ Bill Hicks R.I.P
My Collection

#6 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:15 AM

Looks like an Orange premium to me... Plus I see what you mean about their rationale for
putting all the figures together. The seller is also the person that sold those rare Neon
(including Neon Red TRex) that I mentioned in another thread.

So did that Cockatrice turn out to be Neon Red after all? What may of happened...
If someone emailed them about that figure they may have taken it out to sell privately
and hoped the person who was bidding didn't query it. Just an idea...

What about the Black Behemoth at the bottom? Is that painted?

#7 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:21 AM

Yeah the cockatrice and kraken turned out to be neon reds, like I said I checked the photo a bunch of times to try and decide if bidding would be worth it and as I don't see orange cockatrices on ebay often thought go for it. But its a disappointment for sure, I did get about 6 figures I needed in the lot but its not really a positive.

I'm going out on a limb here but if someone did enquire privately the seller made no note about them being switched in auction revisions. I'm wondering if they are making a habit of adding things to the auction aka the sprayed black figures hoping it'll get more bids. Sadly looks like they've got that twice now with myself and Daxel101uk. I've no idea where I'll manage to get an orange cockatrice from now:-/

Oh yeah, the behemoth was sprayed, it was a normal neon purple one underneath
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#8 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:26 AM

That sucks, I didn't notice the Orange Kraken, that also looks like a Premium in
the photograph. I think you are well within your right to challenge the seller. Say
that the objects did not appear as they do in the photograph...

I have made mistakes before with photography but that was with lone figures not
when they are in lots like that. It seems very suspicious to me.

Did they mention that any of the figures were sprayed in the description?
I think perhaps I will giving this seller a wide birth.

#9 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:30 AM

That sucks, I didn't notice the Orange Kraken, that also looks like a Premium in
the photograph. I think you are well within your right to challenge the seller. Say

Agreed, will be avoiding this seller but as I have said before I think this particular seller does use or creates new account often, so sometimes its hard to spot.
My Collection

#10 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:33 AM

Darryl you're right, I've just sent them a message on ebay about it, the fact that neon red ones can look orange isn't the point because they'd contrast next to the proper orange ones. The auction only said some had staining (there was a blue dragon that had pen on it and a mad scientist with penned feet) and the rest are in great condition. Nothing about the black one and the usual, any questions please ask. But they are so obviously orange that you'd not really think of doing that- expecially now two people both think they look orange.
I'll write what the seller says should they reply.
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#11 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:46 AM

OK heres the reply I got :

'Hello, sorry didnt realise that the black one was sprayed and the ones i sent were the same ones as i took in the photo, what do you want me to do? if you send them back i will send you your money back.
Sorry for the confusion
Jodie'

Any thoughts on what to do cos there were 6 figures in the auction I needed and it was £26 not including the P&P that the lot went for...
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#12 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:56 AM

OK heres the reply I got :

'Hello, sorry didnt realise that the black one was sprayed and the ones i sent were the same ones as i took in the photo, what do you want me to do? if you send them back i will send you your money back.
Sorry for the confusion
Jodie'

Any thoughts on what to do cos there were 6 figures in the auction I needed and it was £26 not including the P&P that the lot went for...

You could say as you feel like you have been messed about with that you send some of the items back and get a partial refund for the inconvenience
Also if you check topic 'Who ended this auction early' 1313 has just recieved some items off this seller and aint 2 happy....

Edited by Daxel101uk, 04 September 2010 - 06:00 AM.

My Collection

#13 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:25 AM

Good idea, I might try that.

Yep I saw that and sent a pm to him with who we deduced the seller is - I checked my paypal and its quite obvious who received the payment
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#14 dazz82

dazz82

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:32 AM

Whoa, just been told about this. It is me kind of. Work away alot, got my missus to sell alot of my stuff. I explained as best as i could to her what was what before i went, some of them were painted but i didnt mention that, i only knew after it was to late for me to get my money back from the person i got them off (someone on this forum) I have learnt my lesson as she sold my rares for alot less than they were worth. I was just going to stick to collecting premiums but am giving up the whole lot now i recon. Anyone on here who has got anything you are not happy with please get in touch and i will refund you (As im sure she would of done)
Well sorry if we upset anyone
Darren

#15 dazz82

dazz82

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:42 AM

oh yeah, the sealed packs were all sealed to my knowlage, she has offered the buyer a refund, i know she wouldnt open them, has any of the others been opened?? Like i said, if anyones not happy you can have your money back

#16 DarrylWestley

DarrylWestley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:00 AM

"I was just going to stick to collecting premiums but am giving up the whole lot now i recon."

Did you discover that two of your Premiums were sold in the recent auction (Orange Kraken
and Orange Cockatrice) and this was the reason you had them removed? From the photograph
could you agree they both look Orange and not Neon Red?

Kudos for speaking out.

#17 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:14 AM

The Kraken at least looks neon red to me. The Cockatrice looks dirty so it's difficult to tell. Those can be very hard colours to distinguish between.
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#18 dazz82

dazz82

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:09 AM

I have an orange kraken but never had an orange cockatrice, she wouldnty try and scam anyone, wouldnt even know the difference, she says she just put them in order... hmmmm. I have to agree though, it does like they are all series 2 orange.she has already agreed to give they buyer a refund im going to let him keep it all too for messing him about, il even send him my s2 orange cockatrice (if he wants to pm me)
I am going to get my own ebay account (was using my work one too for a while, which i used to get into trouble for!) I will let everyone know what it is so you can keep clear if you want.

*Sorry dielaughing, i ment to say s2 orange kraken, opps :thumbsup:

Edited by dazz82, 05 September 2010 - 04:10 AM.

#19 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:44 AM

I have an orange kraken but never had an orange cockatrice, she wouldnty try and scam anyone, wouldnt even know the difference, she says she just put them in order... hmmmm. I have to agree though, it does like they are all series 2 orange.she has already agreed to give they buyer a refund im going to let him keep it all too for messing him about, il even send him my s2 orange cockatrice (if he wants to pm me)
I am going to get my own ebay account (was using my work one too for a while, which i used to get into trouble for!) I will let everyone know what it is so you can keep clear if you want.

Hey fair play, just when it seems like when more than one person finds something wrong with their wins alarm bells start ringing. Just when ppl start to realise that you are a member of this site you obviously know a little about these things, youre descriptions of your auctions can be a tad misleading. Just maybe think of how it would feel the other way round. But takes a man to own up to it so its appreciated, just chalk this one down as a lesson learnt. :thumbsup:

Edited by Daxel101uk, 05 September 2010 - 02:45 AM.

My Collection

#20 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:43 AM

Hey fair play, just when it seems like when more than one person finds something wrong with their wins alarm bells start ringing. Just when ppl start to realise that you are a member of this site you obviously know a little about these things, youre descriptions of your auctions can be a tad misleading. Just maybe think of how it would feel the other way round. But takes a man to own up to it so its appreciated, just chalk this one down as a lesson learnt. :thumbsup:

Dazz, thanks for speaking out, I'll send you a pm in a minute and we can work out something. Can understand how people can get mislead when selling things on someones behalf especially if they don't know a lot about them in the first place. Cheers
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#21 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:21 AM

Fair play to dazz82, i felt i'd been deceived by his ebay lot & he offered me a refund or some more figs. I opted for mimp & he was good to his word & sent my a few more open packs (no rares) & some loose figs too.

Thanks Dazz, i appreciate it & despite my justification I apologise for my harsh words regarding this matter in the other thread.

Cheers mate. :huh:

#22 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Series 1 MIMP, Trash Bag Bunch, Vintage StarWars, Batman, Ghostbusters, Bootlegs, Obscure toys, Movie figures, Horror, 80's/90's toys, MMA, Rock/Metal, original film posters/promo's, Book Collecting, DVD/Blu collecting.

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:23 AM

Sorry Dazz but are we really to supposed to believe & accept that a bidder with ZERO feedback is legitimate when he is the highest bidder so far on all your Series 3 auctions? :D

Come on dude. ;)

#23 dielaughing

dielaughing

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:49 AM

Sorry Dazz but are we really to supposed to believe & accept that a bidder with ZERO feedback is legitimate when he is the highest bidder so far on all your Series 3 auctions? :D

Come on dude. ;)

Just noticed that too, it may really be a new user who wants to bid on them. Looking at their bidding history they've not bid on anything else though. Were you bidding on any of the auctions mate?
My needs HERE

My dupes HERE

Feedback

#24 1313

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:31 AM

i was considering it but to have the same zero feedback bidder on all the auctions is seriously putting me off & isn't doing much for the sellers reputation to be honest. ;)

#25 Daxel101uk

Daxel101uk

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:55 AM

i was considering it but to have the same zero feedback bidder on all the auctions is seriously putting me off & isn't doing much for the sellers reputation to be honest. ;)

I aint saying nothing :notme: ....Just gotta look at the proof with your own eyes and make your own conclusion with what has happened in the past.... :D

Edited by Daxel101uk, 10 October 2010 - 05:58 AM.

My Collection

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com