Theme© by Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Battle Beastiary

battle beasts laser beasts battle beastiary green mountain beastformers custom battle beasts

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#26 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:06 AM

Nice Emu, it looks like you sculpted pretty much everything there but the torso and guns? Very cool, now make a Cassowary! ;)

#27 GreenMountainBeastformers

GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:14 AM

Nice Emu, it looks like you sculpted pretty much everything there but the torso and guns? Very cool, now make a Cassowary! ;)

Thanks!! I had to laugh when I read this because it crossed my mind to convert this guy into his tridactyl cassowariform close cousin.  Yes I sculpted everything but the body which I lengthened to support the internal organs.

#28 FormerBeast

FormerBeast

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Z Bots, Mighty Action Forces, Barnyard Commandos, Food Fighters, Army Ants, MIMP, Bootlegs, Customs, Vending Machines, Drawing, Sculpting, Comics, Writing

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:56 AM

Very Emu-sing!!!!

#29 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

A few from special orders.  Abominable Snowmonster, Snow Leopard, Arctic Fox, and Coral reefers Deluxe Set Moonbeast edition.  Coming next month we will have Zargarian the Lobster, Skull Grotess, and Grin Reefer.  Thanks for checking us out!  Beast be with you.

Attached Files

#30 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:58 PM

hahahah YESSSSSSSSSSSS.... I'll soon be the proud owner of the Beasts in the first 8 pics, and I couldn't be happier :). I can have facsimiles of the way-too-expensive rare stuff, plus the rad Carp & epic Snow Leopard (which I saw earlier in the thread and asked for replicas), and then the made-to-order Arctic Fox & Yeti figures! In those, I came up with the color schemes, but then GMD went and did light blue decals on the fox, AND added the blue bits to the Yeti. I hadn't even thought of either of those things, and they make the figures even better!

Now I wanna go through his master list and come up with even more variants :)...

#31 KingJimmy

KingJimmy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:30 AM

The glow set is on it's way to me

#32 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:40 PM

Check them out! So freakin' cool, with lots of little details! It's interesting just how different the resin feels- just light enough and solid enough to make you realize you're not holding an original. I don't know how I'd ever tell my "Stone Cobra" and the others apart from the real variants visually, either.

Attached Files

#33 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:34 PM

Check them out! So freakin' cool, with lots of little details! It's interesting just how different the resin feels- just light enough and solid enough to make you realize you're not holding an original. I don't know how I'd ever tell my "Stone Cobra" and the others apart from the real variants visually, either.

Thanks a lot!!

#34 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:40 PM

Skull Grotess and Grin Reefer.  Finally able to offer these rare roast beasts.  More Laser Beasts to come next month as well as select SD Beasts!!

Attached Files

#35 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:40 PM

So sick

#36 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:18 AM

very nice work man, glad to see you doing the higher LBs now, now all we need to do is talk you into getting a pressure pot and working with rubber ;)

#37 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:21 AM

Thanks guys.  This fox is actually the only rubber guy I've made, uncolored in yellow.  The material was too floppy and the arms came out like shit, so he has resin arms and is in my 2 year old's collection.  I used a shore 40 rubber I think, but I should have used a shore 80.  As I recall, there was too short a pot life to put it in my vacuum chamber.  Any info on specific products which work well, or have a longer work time, would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

#38 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

The White and Blue "Yamata no Orochi" has a Beyblades head from the figure of the same name.  My favorite of these is the Stealth Chameleon.  I'm letting him go for $30 but I am definitely going to try some other colorways with him.  Such endless possibilities with Chameleons.  I have always drawn inspiration from nature and I'm sure growing up in the country had a lot to do with that.  It's been a lot of fun working in this medium of Battle Beasts because of the great potential of animals and characters to cover.  I've always liked having a jumping off point with my work which is another reason I like making these.

The Anteater and Weasel below were painted to match the colors of the original Japanese illustrations.  To which I have the LRG archivists to thank.  I downloaded the LRG thread and it's been a great resource.  Beasts be with you,

David Hudson 

Attached Files

#39 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:50 PM

Wow, that IS a cool Chameleon! Working on a list of "potential cool colors", I of course came up with like 10 variations of the Chameleon. Red, blue, green, black, red... any potential color, and with different stripes! A "Kraken" would be cool, too- should he be a pink cuttlefish, or more like the Octopus-Monster from the famous old picture? Maybe that shiny material in a pink/red? Also, any Beast done in white seems to come out amazing. That Walrus is awesome!

#40 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:21 AM

Wow, that IS a cool Chameleon! Working on a list of "potential cool colors", I of course came up with like 10 variations of the Chameleon. Red, blue, green, black, red... any potential color, and with different stripes! A "Kraken" would be cool, too- should he be a pink cuttlefish, or more like the Octopus-Monster from the famous old picture? Maybe that shiny material in a pink/red? Also, any Beast done in white seems to come out amazing. That Walrus is awesome!

Thanks That Walrus is actually a painted white on the body and white plastic arms.  That's a good idea on the "Dream of the Fisherman's wife Octopus.  Hokusai has long been one of my favorite artists.  More for his woodcuts though.  The Octopus would also look cool as Admiral Akbar "It's a trap!"

#41 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:03 AM

Y'know, I never had any love for the Walrus before.

But you've done the sculpt a lot of justice with your painting!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#42 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:05 AM

Y'know, I never had any love for the Walrus before.

But you've done the sculpt a lot of justice with your painting!

Thanks!  When a walrus swims in arctic waters its blood draws in towards its core to conserve heat, making it white.  When they come ashore the outer capillaries gradually fill up with blood so they turn more of a pinkish brown.  I have done 3 Deluxe sets so far Savannah, Coral Reefers, and India.  I also want to do Woodland Creatures, and an Arctic team which will include Polar Bear, Arctic Fox, Walrus and maybe a couple others.  Also an Amazonia set with Jaguar, Anteater, Sloth, Parrot, Tapir, and Predatorbeast.  (Too bad there isn't a piranha or capybara).  Now that my Emu is done I'm set up to make my Deluxe Down Under set of Kangaroo, Emu, Kawola, Dingo, etc.

#43 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 10:32 AM

A nice picture of the first edition "Coral Reefers" deluxe set, now in a private collection.  

Attached Files

#44 Exactobeast

Exactobeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

GMB mixing nicely with TGB customs

#45 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 03:27 PM

When Skeletor harnessed the dark power of the Orb he used sorcery to bend this benevolent energy to serve his evil will, and into it he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life on Planet Beast.

Attached Files

#46 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

More of these Dirty Li'l Bastards with the finished Bat.  

Attached Files

#47 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:13 PM

I can't get enough of these Dirty Li'l Bastards.  I think I will start including a matching SD Carp companion with each Coral Reefers deluxe set.  Also, get ready for Arctic Force: Polar Bear, Walrus, Arctic Fox, Narwhal...TBA  

$20 each.

Attached Files

#48 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

Orang Utang and Coral Elites with Battle Companion

Attached Files

#49 Jabroniville

Jabroniville

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:50 AM

Sweet! I love the coral guys!

#50 GreenMountainBeastformers

Beastmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:59 AM

Sweet! I love the coral guys!

Thanks Dude, they're on ebay now.  Reasonable offers accepted

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: battle beasts, laser beasts, battle beastiary, green mountain beastformers, custom battle beasts

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com