BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

http://www.bigbadtoy...p;category=5990

We had all those pics from SDCC of the 3.75" Spider-Man toyline, but now the pictures and case listings and all that good stuff are finally rolling in. Estimated release date is set for January, but these might crop up in stores earlier the same way the first HAMMER wave of Marvel Universe did.

Of course, all the old traditions are held up, with gimmicks that have nothing to do with actual Spider-Man appearances, right down to a scuba version. Still, there's some gems in here, such as the Spidey with octo-arms, another with light-up eyes and web backpack, the collector-friendly super-articulated figure... and of course, shortpacked villains.

For the first wave, we have perennial faves Green Goblin and Venom. I'm liking Venom. The snarling open-mouthed head looks great, body looks good (Sabretooth?), and no crazy drooling tongue! The weapons suck, but it's Venom we're talking about. He is the only weapon that matters.

#2 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

I've been looking forward to this line, however I may avoid it them if I don't dig em in person.

Posted Image

#3 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

wow, apart from the glider looking a little flat in the picture, have they bothered to change anything at all on the green goblin?

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#4 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:56 PM

If this is "intended for adults" like the Venom link suggested why do I get a missle launcher instead of a stand?

Is anybody here intrested in unneeded accesories.

#5 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

That's... very odd now that I noticed, but it's just an error on the part of BBTS in classifying the toyline. Hasbro has never made any indication that this is an adult line. And Spider-Man figures are traditionally for the kiddies far more than collectors. Come on, scuba gear!

From the older SDCC pics, Gobbo did not look identical to the Universe version. Hasbro easily could mix and match between the two lines yet tends to keep them separate. Since BBTS has no individual listing (he's one per case, unlike Venom), we can't see a larger image to be sure, but toy sites will probably get the same images soon enough, so that we can compare.

#6 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:47 PM

I'm exited, the X-Men orgins figures I've really enjoyed and hoping for more of the same with the Spidey line. The MU wolvie figs always seem out of scale but the Orgins ones look good.

#7 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:45 AM

So due to being caught up wit the Marvel Universe line of toys I finally bit and picked up a couple of these.

I got Super-Posable Spider-Man and Venom. The lack of articulation on Venom bothers me a bit but I saw enough pics. online where he looks good in group shots to go ahead and bite. Super posable Spider-Man isn't any more posable than any MU S-M I have but is a must for fans of forearm swivel (as opposed to wrist articulation). Also Spider-Mans accessory has been switched to my Spider-Woman to stand in for her psycokinetic webs. Thinking about painting it a bright pink to make it more like I remember it.

Now I'm on the look out for Rhino. Rhino is a must buy because who knows how long it will take to get made in the Marvel Universe proper and I already have an idea on what to do with the Spider-Man Rhino when he does.

Anybody else ever pick up any of these?

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:48 AM

Nah. Got tempted when I saw all of these for the first time at Target and nearly got Venom. He really did look good in person, and like you I was already aware of his crap leg articulation. Had too much stuff I wanted to get that day, so ultimately I passed.

#9 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 05:22 PM

Found a Rhino this morning. Love it when I have to go to Wal-Mart to pick something up I need and end up finding an action figure I've been looking for. Sweet score if you can look past the lack of articulation. Will look nice on the back of the shelf.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com