• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#76 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:10 PM

http://www.inmypocket.com/monster/

waoooooooooooooooooow

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#77 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:22 PM

:D Huh, already available in Australia I see.... :D

These are friggin sweet! I can't wait! Now I'll be checking toy stores contantly! :w00t:

grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#78 trumanshower

trumanshower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:29 AM

isn't it remind you of something???

Posted Image

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!

#79 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:27 PM

Wow these are very cool looking. They look to have neat sculpts and cool paint jobs. The "elemental challenge"? Yikes, looks like they are trying to combine BB with mimp!

#80 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:27 PM

I didn't know if any of you guys that don't check out AKIA would be interested in this:

MIMP MAIL ORDER

I'm not sure if they ship worldwide, but the registration page appears to have international options.

Here's a post of mine from over on AKIA, it may interest some:

there may be some cross-over with the same figures appearing in more than one pack format as by my calculation if every pack contains unique figures that makes 40 individual figures. And that is assuming the carrier/game/mountain don't come with exclusive figures.....

I've just been taking a look at the corinthian mail order website and there are 3 missing figures!!! :blush:

I sepeculated on how this would work out in the post I've quoted above.

There are 40 individual figures in the packs that contain either 1, 3 or 4 figures and 5 different figures that come with the accessories. Each item has an individual pre-determined figure/group of figures.

For the record, I've seen no evidence of the 'confectionary' single packs containing one of 36 figures.

How strange that 3 figures are missing! I only noticed because I was looking to pick up the Ghost and the Poltergiest and the Ghost wasn't there!!!

Maybe they are planning on releasing a couple more play-sets to include these figures - this may put the relaese of teh three figures in danger if the line doesn't do that well.

"Future super-rares"? maybe....we will have to wait and see....

Posted Image

#81 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:00 PM

Genuine question here...no sarcasm at all intended...

What is the appeal of these figures?

I look at them and the only redeeming quality is they are small and have decent sculpts (i.e. good custom fodder).

WHat am i missing?
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#82 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:44 PM

back ni the day i had all the mimp from the furst series, and a lot frsome later lkseries (i still have a few of the later ones). They had cards and everything it was awesome. I'm glad to see these back, but will save my money for my other hobies.

#83 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:20 PM

I look at them and the only redeeming quality is they are small and have decent sculpts (i.e. good custom fodder).

WHat am i missing?

:blush: Sarcastic b******!!!!!

j/k :lol: :lol:

I think that some of the figures are terrible and that some are really cool, for that reason I wont be trying to collect all of them, just my favourites.

I find them interesting because:

1. As I said above some of the figures are really cool
2. They are nice reminder of my childhood
3. They are an eighties toyline that has been revived
4. The fact that some of the figures in promotional material seem different to the released versions interests me (Griffin for example as pointed out by Trumanshower)
5. The fact that some of the figures that are shown on the website seem to have not been released interests me
6. I LOVE SMALL FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!! (even if they are painted :lol: and were never as cool as MUSCLE! :D )

I can see why many would not like them though

Posted Image

#84 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 03:32 PM

WHat am i missing?

:blush: Sarcastic b******!!!!!

j/k :lol: :lol:

I think that some of the figures are terrible and that some are really cool, for that reason I wont be trying to collect all of them, just my favourites.

I find them interesting because:

1. As I said above some of the figures are really cool
2. They are nice reminder of my childhood
3. They are an eighties toyline that has been revived
4. The fact that some of the figures in promotional material seem different to the released versions interests me (Griffin for example as pointed out by Trumanshower)
5. The fact that some of the figures that are shown on the website seem to have not been released interests me
6. I LOVE SMALL FIGURES!!!!!!!!!!! (even if they are painted :lol: and were never as cool as MUSCLE! :D )

I can see why many would not like them though

LMAO !

I can identify with that line of reasoning. Ive become the same as well regarding small figures.

SOme have told me that they enjoy the action figure hobby because of the hunt. I think thats one of the reasons ive taken to small figures as well. There arent as many out there and of the lines out there quite a few are garbage (from what ive seen) . There are a few gems and you really have to track those down.
Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#85 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:17 AM

ok, so I got a response from the distributor about the three missing figures.

I'm debating on whether or not to post the response as I don't want to ruin the fun of toy collectors in the future debating on the figure's existence....think of all the fun that was had over on AKIA with MUSCLE figures and super rares... ;)

Sod it, I'm not sure if anyone will even remember these figures in 20 years time :D so here it is:

Hi Matt,

I can assure you that customer questions of any type are welcomed and not seen as trivial.

You are absolutely correct. 48 Monsters are listed with only 45 being released. The remaining 3 were going to find their way into another product but this has since been deleted for the range. The likelihood is that these Monsters were now not be released.

The confectionery line has been placed on hold for the foreseeable future.

Kind Regards

Simon Shaw

oh well mystery solved! I will be contacting the manufacturer though.... :blink:

Edited by matthewf1tz, 30 October 2006 - 05:27 AM.

Posted Image

#86 grimerslimer

grimerslimer

Crazy Bugger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1233 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 05:42 AM

oh well mystery solved! I will be contacting the manufacturer though.... :blink:

Good luck with that, they just referred me to the distributor for any questions. :D

That is a bummer that they did that. You would think that they would just make a bloody package for the remaining 3 figs and release them as well... ;) Sounds easier than scrapping all the work that went in to the design and manufacturing of them.

Who knows, maybe they will later be included in a 2nd series.

grimey
Check out Paranormal Misadventures on Youtube

#87 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:17 PM

Just a heads up...

I have 2 vintage MIMP 24-Packs Sets mint in the box for sale on ebay for any that may be interested...

SOLD!

Edited by arforbes, 31 October 2006 - 04:05 PM.

AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#88 The Gorilla is the Best

The Gorilla is the Best

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 12:42 AM

Wow, MIMP really brings me back. I sold almost all of mine recently, but those may have been THE toy of my childhood. I loved MUSCLE and BB but I was a bit young for them and mostly just got my brothers' left overs. MIMP were a few years later and one of the toys I liked best. My friend from down the block was really into them too. We ue to buy colored erasers and chop them into monsters ;) he even had the video game and I had that giant mountain. I might sitll have that mountain somewhere...

Anyway, thanks to anyone who bothered reading my ramblings.

#89 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:51 PM

Hi Alex.PM'ed ya.Thanks. :unsure: .
'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#90 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:20 PM

I'm debating on whether or not to post the response as I don't want to ruin the fun of toy collectors in the future debating on the figure's existence....think of all the fun that was had over on AKIA with MUSCLE figures and super rares... :unsure:

:ph34r:

But a similar circumstance certainly could have produced the infamous MUSCLE Super Rares!

e+
Posted Image

#91 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:37 PM

But a similar circumstance certainly could have produced the infamous MUSCLE Super Rares!

:o

EXACTLY!!!

hopefully in 20 yrs time some of our kids will be musing over the missing MIMP, putting together theories and assumptions on manufacturing and distribution processes of yesteryear ( ^_^ ;) ) and one of us will say 'hey, I remember a thread on Beastformers....' and spoil it all :D

Posted Image

#92 billpepper

billpepper

Flim Flam Red Hot Fan *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:guitar <br />skateboarding <br />wrestling (WWE TNA)<br />running <br />biking <br />

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:52 PM

summer of 2008, WHAT?
BIG GUY SHIMMY!!!!!!!!

#93 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:25 PM

So wait... did these things come out yet or... no?

I mean, I totally want a set of these as MIMP are one of very few toys that I have ever wanted to have all of. I used to have a full set of the series 1 monsters but left them at a person who was at the time, my friend's house.

So I assume by the post above that they wont be coming out till 2008?

You'll have to forgive me for I am too lazy to read the whole thread.

Speaking of MIMP, I'm looking to get a set of the originals. If anyone wants any muscle dudes or any of the stuff I have, just look for the post I plan on making soon which catalogs all the toys I want to trade/sell.

#94 billpepper

billpepper

Flim Flam Red Hot Fan *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:guitar <br />skateboarding <br />wrestling (WWE TNA)<br />running <br />biking <br />

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:14 AM

So I assume by the post above that they wont be coming out till 2008?

summer 2008 is what the website says for the United States, I don't know why the wait as I see other in my pocket toys at the stores
BIG GUY SHIMMY!!!!!!!!

#95 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:02 PM

It looks like they may be released in more than one wave in the US. I wondered last year why the US site only showed a few of the monster groupings and the UK one showed them all. Now it makes sense that they will do them in different series, these is pretty much confirmed by the 'TV commercial' section stating that they are Series 1.

MIMP US site

Obviously there is no garauntee that it will ever get past series 1 ( :rolleyes: FOP Series 2 ring any bells??)

Maybe if they stuck to the original idea of confectionary packs it would have done better in the UK.

Check out the PIMP ( :lol: ) packaging:

Posted Image

This approach (in my opinion) would have sold a heap more - especially with the chase figures angle! Maybe not pink MIMP but silver/gold/black or ANYTHING would have been cool!

Lets hope they learn from their UK mistakes before the US release in 2008

Posted Image

#96 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:52 AM

just bought a bunch of these figures, I didn't really like classics MIMP, but these are more interesting.

One question, anyone here owns a griffin?
My griffin doesn't have a tail :( he has the hole on his back but no tail and the blister was sealed...

btw, I have decompiled the flash site for hidden images (like the griffin variant and the green/orange guy) but I haven't found anything,
however here's an archive from the site with all the images of the actual figures --> archive

ehy... wait...
Attached File  P1011054.jpg   126.25K   15 downloads
:D

Edited by nanoFatato, 19 September 2007 - 10:00 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#97 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:37 PM

2008?

That is some bull butter.

I want them now.

Now.

Now?

Well, piss.

#98 trumanshower

trumanshower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:47 AM

when i had contacted MEG by mail last year, they said me MIMP would be produced in france "in the fall of 2007"...

nanoFatato, did you find yours in Italia or do they come from ebay or a retailer?

#99 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:16 PM

when i had contacted MEG by mail last year, they said me MIMP would be produced in france "in the fall of 2007"...

nanoFatato, did you find yours in Italia or do they come from ebay or a retailer?

I'm just sad cuz it seems like too much emphasis is put on the stupid decoders and not on the monsters. I dont wanna have to pay to get a decoder with every pack of monsters. It just seems dumb to me.

#100 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 12:30 AM

nothing in Italy alas!

I'm getting them from ebay, and I hate the decoder thingy too.

...no griffins with tail here..?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com