• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:40 PM

Picked up these three characters from a thrift store grab bag. I'm primarily interested in the carnival barker and magician as they appear to be from the same line but neither has any identifying marks that I can find. The smaller figure on the right has a 2004 copyright on his right foot -- I'm guessing it's from some sort of pirate playset.

Attached Files

#2 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:53 PM

The shorter guy is an Imaginext caveman.  Dunno about the other two.  Maybe for train sets?

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#3 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Final Fantasy, Garbage Pail Kids Minikins, Ghostbusters, MIMP, M.U.S.C.L.E, Mutant Mania, OMFG, S.L.U.G Zombies, Socket Poppers, TMNT, Trash Pack, video editing, haunted attractions, hockey, professional wrestling

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:04 PM

Thanks, TinyPink. I was waffling between pirate and caveman for the little guy myself; I ultimately went with pirate because of the eye patch. My brain reasoned that cavemen wouldn't have possessed knowledge of such (no joke -- I actually went through this train of thought in my head). I also considered that the larger figures were perhaps part of some train set but train collectors are typically sticklers that everything be to scale. It may be a good guess after all but I think they're just too big to belong to a train set. Does it seem odd to you that there's no visible markings on the duo?

#4 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:20 PM

Yeah, the earlier Imaginext fantasy/cave/pirate sculpts are pretty interchangeable.  

I'm sure our forerunners made use of eyepatches!    Mastery of rudimentary weapons and tools, usage of fire, fulcrums, etc.etc. -- certainly they'd have taken comfort in covering a dead/missing eye with a scrap of fabric.   ;)

As for those others, I dunno, man.   They could easily be generic playset figures, so many of those go unmarked.   We've all seen things like these in header baggies and sold in those 'educational toy' sets, eh?

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#5 MudPuppetJoel

MudPuppetJoel

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:00 PM

The term "educational toy sets" just sounds so cold and depressing. Anyway, the mystery duo is kind of fun; I especially like the carnival barker. Here's to hoping somebody on this great forum will drop me a clue (raises glass).

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com