16 replies to this topic

#1 Aelia

Aelia

Spess Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:53 AM

Well, this has been on my mind for several months now. I wasn't really sure whether I should post this here or not, but I have nothing to lose by posting it.

I know that there are other existing Kinnikuman roleplays, however many of them have either been inactive for months or have died. It really kind of saddens me because I feel that I and plenty of other folks have great ideas, whether it be with characters or plots. Sure, I could submit my characters to an 3rd generation website and whatnot, but I do feel rather uncomfortable with leaving the characters I create to the tender mercies of the author and illustrator.

Anyway, enough with my phobias. I was complaining about the lack of proper Kinnikuman RPs to a friend of mine on Skype, and suddenly my sister threw something at me and shouted "IF YOU WANT ONE SO BADLY, MAKE ONE YOURSELF. NOW SHUT UP, IT'S 3 AM." Of course, I threw something at my sister and told her to go sleep in her own room. However, it did get me to thinking...should I try and make my own Kinnikuman based roleplay? Sure, it'd be lots of fun but it'd be lots of work. Plus, what the heck would it have been about anyway? Would it be a third generation roleplay? Would it take place during Nisei? During the original series? An odd concoction of ALL THREE? Personally, I like the idea of intertwining roleplays concerning both the original series and Nisei but that means it'd be friggin' HUGE. I do know of a few that do this, but again none of them are active.

I don't really know if I'll start one here, or open up my own site. This is really just a test to try and find folks that'd be willing to help me out by either throwing me some ideas or perhaps linking me to a place that is active.

I also congratulate myself on posting my first topic on this site. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy insides.

Edited by Aelia, 02 February 2009 - 03:54 AM.

#2 KinnikuGai

KinnikuGai

kinnikuman 3rd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling, MMA, sleeping, Video games, eating,
    Reading.

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

Ohh well id be up bring guy kinniku over if theres going to be 3rd gen roleplaying game i am the owner of kinnikuman 3 sansei and we do some role playing so if you wanna get your feet wet to see what a kinnikuman fan site is like id love to show you sansei (wow its like being in 2007) and i am babling any who heres a linkKinnikuman 3 sansei hope to see you there (yahoo 200th post ):kid:

Edited by guy kinniku, 02 February 2009 - 11:04 PM.

"Gai's Kinniku Clan  Favourite Phrase"

"Technique transcends the soul, Begins in the Hands, Ends on the Mat"

#3 Aelia

Aelia

Spess Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:21 PM

Ohh well id be up bring guy kinniku over if theres going to be 3rd gen roleplaying game i am the owner of kinnikuman 3 sansei and we do some role playing so if you wanna get your feet wet to see what a kinnikuman fan site is like id love to show you sansei (wow its like being in 2007) and i am babling any who heres a linkKinnikuman 3 sansei hope to see you there (yahoo 200th post ):kid:

Thanks a bunch, I'll definitely be sure to check it out. It seems like a very nice site, though the solid grey and blue kind of reminds me of a prison. :<

Still doesn't mean I won't start up my own place though, but I'll probably put that off until spring break.

#4 KinnikuGai

KinnikuGai

kinnikuman 3rd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling, MMA, sleeping, Video games, eating,
    Reading.

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:38 AM

yeah that was the color we when with :o (don't ask me why lol) and i look fowerd to seeing your site now as this is like some thing out of2007 ( birth of 3rd gen sites) so hope to see your site soon. yours Guy Kinniku :kid: (wow i just spoofed my self go me)

Edited by guy kinniku, 03 February 2009 - 07:48 AM.

"Gai's Kinniku Clan  Favourite Phrase"

"Technique transcends the soul, Begins in the Hands, Ends on the Mat"

#5 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

Ok, I've seen all the costumes and stuff – I figured that was just for super fans at conventions. I have to ask, what does one do during a role play? :kid:

#6 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:14 AM

Ok, I've seen all the costumes and stuff – I figured that was just for super fans at conventions. I have to ask, what does one do during a role play? :kid:

I do believe it's like a night at the improv.

#7 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

So there's a crowd?

#8 Aelia

Aelia

Spess Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:27 AM

Now that is a secret.

But seriously, this is mostly the forum "collective fanfiction writing" type of roleplaying (as a friend of mine likes to describe it.) I do play a few tabletop games when I go to conventions and sometimes do them over the internet, but I do often find that a lot of systems often make creating characters very tedious (I'm looking at you GURPS.)

Or are we talking about LARPing? ...A Kinnikuman LARP would be pretty painful.

Edited by Aelia, 03 February 2009 - 09:28 AM.

#9 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:05 AM

So it's just a bunch of people writing fan fiction together or playing a Dungeons and Dragons type game?

Your acronym meant nothing to me.

#10 Aelia

Aelia

Spess Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:08 AM

So it's just a bunch of people writing fan fiction together or playing a Dungeons and Dragons type game?

Your acronym meant nothing to me.

It's basically a lot of people writing fanfiction together. Aforementioned friend also told me I shouldn't consider that roleplaying, but I figure if we're playing certain characters and they have a role...then it should count.

Also, GURPS = Generic Universal RolePlaying System.

#11 Neo Muscle

Neo Muscle

Owner of Unlimited Muscle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:51 AM

I could help out if you needed plot ideas or some original creations.....Check out Jaguar's Journal to see my work.

#12 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:07 AM

Don't worry about it, Veers.

It's nothing THAT unnatural. And it's mostly harmless, unless steam tunnels come into it.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#13 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

I wasn't worried, just curious. :huh:

#14 Aelia

Aelia

Spess Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:56 AM

Don't worry about it, Veers.

It's nothing THAT unnatural. And it's mostly harmless, unless steam tunnels come into it.

It would be odd if anyone got into a steam tunnel accident during an internet RP. Well, unless they take their laptop down there or something.

#15 Neo Muscle

Neo Muscle

Owner of Unlimited Muscle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:38 PM

I thought that was just an urban Legend?

#16 Aelia

Aelia

Spess Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

I thought that was just an urban Legend?

I believe it is based on some things that did actually happen. But most of it is indeed an urban myth.

But that's not what we're talking about here.

#17 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:39 AM

Simple running joke, folks. As seen in Knights of the Dinner Table.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com