• Please log in to reply
5966 replies to this topic

#3601 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:28 PM

Here's a little more Monsterpocalypse.  First up is Mechathugrosh, the robot duplicate of Cthugrosh - which means, essentially, that this is Robo-Cthulhu.  Those shoulder cannons are extremely delicate, and the plastic doesn't hold glue well, so it's rare to see one that isn't broken.
Mechathugrosh.png
Cthugrosh.png
Mechathugrosh-VsCthugrosh.png
Mechathugrosh-Meltdown.png

And next up is Mantacon from the Savage Swarm faction:
Mantacon.png

Personally, I think it looks awesome as a human-sized urban mantis:
Mantacon-UrbanMantis.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3602 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:35 AM

MOTULOS of the Youkai Kemuri (Dissolution Smoke)
From NerdOne and Algangu
motulooossmoke.jpg
motulooossmmokee.jpg

Even comes packaged with one old school Youkai Kemuri card to make some magic "smoke" with..
See video for demo:
https://youtu.be/2T2Omr0kQek
monster011b.jpg

Edited by MantisFang, 19 May 2015 - 05:44 AM.

#3603 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Secretly re-living the 80's behind my wifes back.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:16 AM

OH MAN That translucent smoke castle is nice!

#3604 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:53 AM

Famous aliens.  :)

Attached Files

#3605 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

Famous aliens.  :)

I like the look of the Metaluna Mutant but I've never had a connection to it to warrant buying it.

That Grey, however, is some sexy. He needs to be on my work desk.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3606 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:13 PM

I've got that Metaluna Mutant Pop too. I wish the color of the head was a closer match to the rest of the body.

Picked up my 2nd monsterforge Stoopid Force custom:

0520151224a_zps8cefr7b2.jpg?t=1432055159

0520151228a_zps8kitxkty.jpg?t=1432055302

0520151230a_zpsf4h7lyqz.jpg?t=1432055425

Edited by iwao, 20 May 2015 - 09:25 AM.

#3607 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:44 PM

that thing is insane... pretty cool aztec/mayan monstrosity

#3608 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22185 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:22 PM

Got a box of pure awesomeness today, from Koppenschevelle!

Attached File  IMG_0058.png   589.2K   1 downloads Attached File  IMG_0059.png   560.02K   2 downloads Attached File  IMG_0060.png   558.77K   1 downloads Attached File  IMG_0061.png   578.99K   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0062.png   548.2K   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_0063.png   571.17K   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_0064.png   539.8K   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_0065.png   555.53K   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0066.png   637.61K   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_0067.png   662.28K   0 downloads Attached File  IMG_0068.png   679.69K   1 downloads Attached File  IMG_0069.png   676.83K   1 downloads

#3609 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:56 PM

Sweet!!

#3610 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:28 AM

That red lizard is godlike.

What an awesome package to receive, Karis! And great job Koppen!

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#3611 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:32 AM

I've got some more Monsterpocalypse and D&D/Pathfinder today:

This is the Oppressor.  I like that name for some reason.

Subterran-Oppressor.png

Similarly, here is a Mollok brute - these are smaller versions of those huge subterranean guys from a previous post.

Subterran-MollokBrute.png

This is a Fire Myrmidon - originally a FIre Archon in the previous D&D edition, but the name got changed so Archons could be used again the way they wused to be (pseudo-angels)..  This guy had a miniature back in 2007 that wasn't as good, so the update is nice.

FireMyrmidon01.png

FireMyrmidon02.png

76B57EDB-D132-4977-A07F-D4D7AD03727D.jpg

This Troglodyte is one of the worst-painted ever:

Troglodyte.png

The Brinebrood Queen, which combines shark, goblin, octopus, and boobs:
BrinebroodQueen.png

And this is Paeta, a "Phase Spider."  I want to find a way to cover up that base without interfering with the sculpt.

Paeta.png

#3612 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

Nice haul!

#3613 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:38 PM

Original Samus Metroid keshi

Attached File  IMG_20150521_105941.jpg   55.99K   1 downloads

#3614 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:04 PM

That's awesome!!

#3615 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:09 PM

Just got this lot of Musclemania in the mail. Ebay win. All are the flexible type, and unfortunately all are from #13-24 in the series. I consider the first 12 the coolest from the line. Regardless, I am happy to have them, as they are my first musclemania figures which I have been wanting for a while. Out of the 7 packs, I got 12 unique sculpts, with a total of 22 unique figures due to color variations. I only got one set of identical figures in two packs. I know these flexible packs of 13-24 have become more common place these days, but anyone have an opinion of value per pack? Also, if anyone else has ANY musclemania they would like to trade or sell, I would love to have them! Future Strength too!

Attached Files

#3616 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:51 PM

I'm not sure why, but the majority (of not all) of the carded musclemania floating around are these type. I had 12 carded examples and all had the same type/ series. Not sure I've ever seen any of the first 12 carded. I think someone had a few cases of these since they are really common nowadays. Maybe $5 each carded, I actually paid $1 each for mine and sold all but 1 for $3 each.

Edited by Ericnilla, 22 May 2015 - 11:53 PM.

#3617 dixiebull

dixiebull

proprietor of the gospel of Saint M.U.S.C.L.E.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Interests:Little rubber and plastic fantasy figures..M.U.S.C.L.E., MIMP, ARCO, DFC & more. Godzilla and all his "friends", vintage toys of all kinds and 80's nostalgia, GI JOE, star wars, universal monsters, tattoos, comic books, reading and art...oh and Punk rock...sweet blessed punk rock.

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:16 AM

I'm not sure why, but the majority (of not all) of the carded musclemania floating around are these type. I had 12 carded examples and all had the same type/ series. Not sure I've ever seen any of the first 12 carded. I think someone had a few cases of these since they are really common nowadays. Maybe $5 each carded, I actually paid $1 each for mine and sold all but 1 for $3 each.

That was pretty much my line of thought on them as well, just wanted a more seasoned opinion. I paid 5 dollars a pack for these, so basically retail to high retail, depending on opinion. I don't mind in this instance, since they are the only ones I have. Wish I wouldn't have gotten any duplicates, but at least it wasn't super one sided. I am having a hell of a time finding the first 12 anywhere for sale. Hopefully I will eventually!

Edited by dixiebull, 23 May 2015 - 01:16 AM.

#3618 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:26 PM

These are spoils from Comic Con (not technically mail, but I wanted to share them anyway):

Attached File  DSCN7659.JPG   127.83K   7 downloads

Attached File  DSCN7660.JPG   105.21K   10 downloads

Attached File  DSCN7661.JPG   175.96K   7 downloads

Attached File  DSCN7662.JPG   123.95K   6 downloads

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#3619 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:36 AM

F***ing Four Fingers from TerribleWhore
IMG_20150524_1717_picsay.jpg
IMG_20150524_170357_picsay.jpg
IMG_20150524_170650_picsay.jpg
IMG_20150524_170723_picsay.jpg
Insanity made reality...

Edited by MantisFang, 25 May 2015 - 02:00 PM.

#3620 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:11 PM

So, I picked up the Jurassic World Bag O' Dinos, which contains the three I did not already own:

Dinobag-IndominusRex.png

Dinobag-Allosaurus.png

Dinobag-Ankylosaurus.png

And then the Plants Vs. Zombies multipack:

PvZ.png

Bigfoot's seen things, man.  he's seen things.

PvZ-Yeti.png

A Suchomimus from Safari Ltd.

Suchomimus.png

Gundam Unicorn, seen here fighting Pazuzu:
PazuzuVsGundam.png

And finally, some of the Yowie chocolate eggs, which contain endangered species and made-up critters. They manage to bypass the anti-Kinder law because the capsule is visibe through the chocolate.

E2218ECB-DE94-49BC-B922-5B5B47A10362.jpg

0858A93F-3AAA-4C0A-93E9-FFFEEF71C9EB.jpg

0D9055C1-7840-4946-95DF-E2A818F966F9.jpg

Pimpin' ain't easy.

Yowie-Pimpin.png

Edited by Ridureyu, 27 May 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#3621 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:07 PM

I guess this is a retail thread now.  So where did you find these Yowie things?

#3622 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:59 PM

They're at Wal-Marts, Nob Hill grocery stores, similar places - it might be good to look them up online, since I know there's a store locater.

#3623 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:28 PM

6 original characters (derived from Australian animals) and 18 ordinary animals.  Could be interesting.  It looks like you got Squish (purple) and Boof (brown). I kinda wish that they would have done 6 original characters derivative of North American animals since they are entering the NA market. But whatever.  I hope they catch on so we can see the villains, called Grumpkins, in an upcoming series. 

By the way, Choco Treasure tried the same thing two years ago -- that is, having the seam of the egg showing in a non-Kinder way.  There is an article here if you didn't catch them at Target Easter 2013 or find the stock being burned off at Dollar Tree after that. 

http://www.huffingto..._n_2885416.html

The fact is, Choco Treasure appears to have failed miserably, even with Spider-Man and Hello Kitty tie-ins, and costing only $1.  Their website is not even operating anymore.  I really don't expect these Yowie to do well.  I guess Kinder does well in Europe because of nostalgia and probably some very specific economic factors.  I don't see this formula ever succeeding in the US.  We like our chocolate and our cheap toys separate.  It just makes sense. 

I watched the Yowie videos on their website and it is interesting that they basically do not even mention the chocolate.  It's funny really, they tell you to squeeze the package to reveal your toy.  They do not even mention eating (or "enjoying") the chocolate whatsoever.  It is like its not even there -- part of the wrapper at best -- though, like I said, it is not mentioned at all.  Which just reinforces to me, the obvious question: Why is the chocolate even there?  Why isn't this just a blind-bag series of cheap toys?  It is actually moderately well-designed as just that -- a blind-pack series of cheap toys -- without any mention of why an edible gimmick is involved at all.  

original characters + cheap toys + app content + games + fun facts about animals, etc

It all looks fine really.  I don't even mind the "protectors of the natural world" angle.

But why are the toys encased in cheap chocolate that no-doubt crumbles everywhere and probably tastes absolutely disgusting (if Yowie tastes anything like Choco Treasure)?

Why is yet another company insisting that we mix toys with chocolate? 

Anyway, I hope they do well for the sake of the toys of original characters, but overall, I don't see it happening.

Edited by steverotters, 27 May 2015 - 08:19 PM.

#3624 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:49 AM

F***ing Four Fingers from TerribleWhore

Insanity made reality...

That thing is insanely cool

I guess this is a retail thread now.

This thread has been more of a "what's new in your life" thing than "What you got in the mail" for a long time. The purpose of the thread is to show off your new goods, how you obtained them is irrelevant.

<p> </p>
<p>

#3625 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:54 AM

That thing is insanely cool

This thread has been more of a "what's new in your life" thing than "What you got in the mail" for a long time. The purpose of the thread is to show off your new goods, how you obtained them is irrelevant.

Theft, bribery, extortion, sexual favors...

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com