514 replies to this topic

#451 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:49 PM

BTW was online and saw this pic of a modified SHFiguarts Kinnikuman Soldier...

How hard is it to make this modification? I noticed that it looks like a Kinnikuman torso section is that accurate?

Attached Files

- theCrazyEst

..must have new KiNNiKuMaN Muscle Shot update for Andriod..
KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#452 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

Looks like Spice seed will be the first to have a figure of Silver Man

Really want to see how the S H Figuarts version will stack up next to it.

Attached Files

- theCrazyEst

KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#453 Rxchrisg

Rxchrisg

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:53 PM

How big are the revoltech figures? How do they compare to Figuarts?

#454 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

The old Kinnikuman, #128, not sure but probably a bit smaller than the Figuarts. Everything else is part of the Revoltech Micro line and are around 4" tall.

#455 darkhadou316

darkhadou316

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

Here is my collection of Kinnikuman Super Poseable figures: From Top Left to Right---Ultimate Muscle Version, SH Figuarts Version, Revoltech Yamaguchi, Mini Revoltech Yamaguchi. Bottom Left and Right---Takara Microman and Romando Glorious Muscles.

I hope this helps to piggy back Baltan's post

Attached Files

#456 Kinnikufan89

Kinnikufan89

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:41 AM

Those sizes are more different than I would have expected.  Do you have a personal preference when it comes to either size or posability?  I've only been buying the Figuarts figures, but the Revoltech figures seem to be of similar quality.

#457 darkhadou316

darkhadou316

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:19 AM

Those sizes are more different than I would have expected.  Do you have a personal preference when it comes to either size or posability?  I've only been buying the Figuarts figures, but the Revoltech figures seem to be of similar quality.

I would say that out of personal preference with the current figures, I do prefer the SH Figuarts Kinnikuman line. I have bought all of them except the repaints. (I kind of see them as redundant figures unless it's unique like the shirtless Brocken Jr. or the Scramble Outfit Suguru) My only gripe with the Figuarts is that they are missing a bicep swivel joint. This of course has been rectified through a swivel elbow joint, but looks kind of weird. Still I like them overall.

I particularly liked the Microman version for a long time because of it's compact size and articulation count on such a small figure. However, proportionally it wasn't the best looking overall.

Most of my current collection has super articulation. I don't really subscribe to having statues for figures. The sculpting is usually pretty awesome on statuesque figures but I like to play with and pose my toys when I get bored. That's me. I am currently working towards making my own toy line with super articulated figures and would love to tackle the Kinnikuman license. We'll see someday if that comes true.

Edited by darkhadou316, 25 January 2018 - 01:21 AM.

#458 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:27 PM

fX5xmcK.jpg

YA2xhLJ.jpg

s3ojSPT.jpg

#459 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:49 PM

fX5xmcK.jpg

YA2xhLJ.jpg

s3ojSPT.jpg

Oh nice!! Finally some news!! I'm guessing that meat figure is an extra included in the Buffalo re-paint??

With Super Phoenix out next month and now news I was getting worried. I guess this will be our September release?!

#460 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 12:31 AM

Nope, check the info box: July! Yeah, far as I’ve seen Meat is Buffaloman’s accessory.

#461 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:27 AM

Oh nice!! Some more pics have gone up at Tamashii, but no news on Meat:

04_01.jpg04_02.jpg04_03.jpg

#462 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:49 AM

I like the repaint, is it up for pre-order?

- theCrazyEst

KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#463 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:17 PM

Oh nice!! Some more pics have gone up at Tamashii, but no news on Meat:

Meat's included! http://tamashii.jp/special/kinnikuman/

i9FV7w7.jpg

I like the repaint, is it up for pre-order?

Nope, too soon. More likely Thursday or Monday for Japanese preorders, Western ones will take longer.

#464 theCrazyest

theCrazyest

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:47 AM

Just came up for preOrder http://www.amiami.co...037585&page=top

- theCrazyEst

KiNNiKuLove 4 Life!

#465 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5096 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:56 AM

Yup! You beat me to linking to it. I’m not rushing to preorder yet but I do need Meat, OBVIOUSLY, so a later purchase is likely.

#466 darkhadou316

darkhadou316

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:17 AM

This a repaint that I can get behind!

#467 darkhadou316

darkhadou316

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:33 AM

According to one of the sellers on ebay for Super Phoenix, the scheduled date of release for him is March 24th in Japan which means that you can order him from one of the sellers and get it shortly after that! Awesome!

#468 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 08:18 AM

Super Phoenix now out in Japan! Looking good!! I can't wait to get mine!

10500037p.jpgDYzX77zVoAE1SL9.jpgDYzX771UMAAA1C-.jpg

Edited by Kanji, 22 March 2018 - 08:22 AM.

#469 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 08:30 PM

More shots here: http://blog.livedoor...s/52022627.html

#470 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:35 PM

Can anyone tell me which arc the Meat with MEAT on his outfit is from?

I know i've seen it before in some medium, but having rewatched the anime recently, I can't seem to find it!!

#471 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:39 AM

Meat may wear it at other times throughout the series in various mediums, I'm not sure, but the instance that I do know of is from the Seven Akuma Choujin Arc.

6eVtwqf.jpg

Interestingly, it says "MEAE" when he's blasted apart, and then "MEAT" once Black Hole grabs the torso. Not sure if that was Yudetamago making a joke or an error.

It appears that the Anime team, either to avoid such issues and/or to ease the animation process, opted for the panda shirt instead.

Also, notice how the above "MEAT" is done in white letters.

eT2eqM9.png

xHgzzh8.png

qCJGPIz.png

By the time in the series that he's revived, the letters are now drawn as filled in with a thin boarder around the word. This design matches the SH Figuarts exactly.

hQTCNVs.jpghJAbwBb.png

My guess is that the swivel joints on Meat will allow the figure to pull apart into 7 pieces. Bandai not advertising that feature either means that the figure doesn't pull apart, or Bandai is strategically holding off until they can do something like a promo with that teased Black Hole figure from way back. We do know he has swivel arms and hips, and he appears to be coming apart at the arm in the above-right pic.

BTsYB1B.jpg

Now the true mystery. I looked into seeing how consistent the way "MEAT" was drawn onto his shirt, and I found something interesting.

R319Xri.jpg

"MEAT" is solid when Meat is in one piece, then white once he's broken apart, and becomes solid again once the arm is attached. You can see how his shirt differs from one page to the next in these two instances of being separated and brought together. Does Meat's shirt indicate his life force?

rEvBPeT.png

UwNvhYP.png

Or is it just an inconsistency, like Terryman's TEXAS shirt?

Edited by toyhandle, 04 April 2018 - 02:31 PM.

#472 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:27 AM

Meat may wear it at other times throughout the series in various mediums, I'm not sure, but the instance that I do know of is from the Seven Akuma Choujin Arc.

Thanks toyhandle for the extensive answer!! Much appreciated!!

I must remember seeing it in the manga, but no wonder I didn't come across it in the anime!!

Regardless, I am really looking forward to this release. I received my Super Phoenix today and spent an hour setting him up to perform the muscle inferno!! Ran out of time to take photo's! will post some in the morning!!

Edited by Kanji, 05 April 2018 - 11:28 AM.

#473 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:41 AM

As promised:

u0rXwai.jpg1hiM13A.jpg

Edited by Kanji, 06 April 2018 - 03:42 AM.

#474 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:21 PM

Nice poses! I especially like Akuma Shogun vs. The Man. What made you go for the Muscle Inferno? I love that move. It cracks me up, being somewhat out of place in terms of wrestling moves, even for Kinnikuman. Really hoping we get Zebra soon.

Are you planning on seating anyone in those fold-chairs? Otherwise, I think it'd look better without them and free up space.

Also, been a while since I did some recolors.

6JWV3Zy.jpgLUgeo25.jpg

Kinnikuman Super Phoenix - Choujin Enma Vers.

HSUis9L.jpgAfu36aR.jpg

0PwSBmm.jpghQTCNVs.jpg

Buffaloman -10 Million Power - Anime Vers. w/ Meat

That 10 Million Power designation is misleading. I wonder if it has something to do with avoiding a name like "Satan Possessed Buffaloman." I'm working on a post about it.

Edited by toyhandle, 10 April 2018 - 09:10 AM.

#475 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:26 PM

Whenever I think of 10 Million Powers Buffaloman, I think of him being just plain pure red. When I think of the Satan-Possessed Buffaloman, I think of him how he looked in the Anime,
Ss5p6lO.pngWCxhNnu.png

GQfJyDB.png

Medicos also made two seperate SAS figures of the looks.

Because Buffaloman never had red skin along with the Satan symbol in the anime, that means the SH figure is the OCE version.

So, I looked all over for examples of this color combination.

EnO4KjP.jpgqIyP0bs.png

Here is an ad for the recent CCP 10 Million Powers Buffaloman 2.0 statue

PA0flSw.jpgqeoa4Hh.jpgHHldvDZ.jpg

And here is how he appears in the Muscle Shot game

Let's look at how he becomes possessed by Satan in the Manga:

tTxyQWZ.jpg

The scars gather to his chest, and form the symbol. No mention of how his skin looks, or indicator in the art.

Let's go back earlier in the match, when Buffaloman showed off his 10 Million Power:

CA8ELib.jpgWnQyhWe.jpg

"Buffaloman becomes bright red! 10 Million full power!" He overpowers and reverses the Kinnikubuster, and the chapter 151 ends.

BbQOwm3.jpg

Chapter 152 begins and the mystery is solved. In another case of Kinniku-inconsistency, by choosing to no longer draw Buffaloman with dark skin despite being at 10 million power, it establishes that Buffaloman may be at 10 Million power at any time, and the manga does not need to state it, or indicate it in the art.

So, now that we know this, when does he become red again in the Manga? Does he ever stop being at 10 million power after reaching it in the first place?

Let's take a look at the sequence in the Anime:

Ss5p6lO.png

Buffaloman fights at 10 Million power

9gOEHQh.png

Buffaloman does a classic skin-shattering reveal, and presents his scarred body.

NQ13eJJ.png

Not long after, the scars gather on his chest...

WCxhNnu.png

The symbol forms and his eyes shade purple.

Because the symbol requires the scars, and the scars come after his skin was shed, I was reminded of the Revival series' Grim Reaper vs Buffaloman fight, in which Buffaloman had his skin ripped off, and we saw his scarred body beneath.

GsXJnEo.jpg

I found this colorized image of the scene from the Kinnikuman wikia. So is Buffaloman's true scarred-skin color red in the Manga?

ExTisJD.jpg

Nope!

nLMXyOn.png

Buffaloman may have been red with blood in the revival arc, but that blood is absorbed back into his body, and Vol. 52's cover shows his true scarred-flesh tone.

w5aElHt.jpg

So, this scene in the Manga does NOT play out like this:

SRhT5o4.jpg

It plays out like this:

TJ8G4T3.jpg

Then those scars gather...

5buiBLQ.jpg

Instead of getting purple-shadowed eyes as done in the Anime, Satan takes over Buffaloman's body and goes straight back up to 10 Million power in the Manga. It makes even more sense. Why wouldn't a Satan-Possessed Buffaloman be red like the Devil?

J3OiNGa.jpg

And we get our SH Figuarts 10 Million Power Buffaloman

In my previous post, I said that naming the official figure "10 Million Powers Buffaloman" was misleading because it creates this conundrum, where now they can't release something like the moc-up below and call it "10 Million Powers Buffaloman," despite being a more universal representation of 10 Million Powers, and a much more versatile Buffaloman figure.

r7gckFh.jpg

And they can't call this one 10 Million Powers Buffaloman Anime vers., because it's not. It's Satan Possessed Buffaloman

HSUis9L.jpg

Some might say what we're getting is the best of both worlds. I suppose "10 Million powers" is a better name than "Satan Possessed", and the Satan chest maybe isn't cool enough on its own to sell. I think the red skin is cool enough though, and I wish they had just done that instead.

I also wish they had given us the possessed face, since that's also a key feature to the possessed appearance. Medicos gave us one, and it would better distinguish this release from the previous Buffaloman figure.

e3efRUw.jpg

Possessed smile, forehead scar, curlier hair

Psu7VXz.jpg

8MLqAez.jpg

A more accurate figure

Edited by toyhandle, 25 April 2018 - 09:03 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com