Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:20 AM

Haha!
That's ok.
I'm really hoping I can finally get my hands on the Player 1 versions in about a month.
Boy I hope SOTA and NECA don't let this line die.

#102 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:23 PM

Well, here you go Kevin. I hope you enjoy em while they last. :lol:

Dream Team!
Posted Image

Zangief an da gang.
Posted Image

Smile for the camera!
Posted Image

What is this tiny creature?!
Posted Image

I shall love her and Pet her and....
Posted Image

Gief Drop!!! (I fell in love with the Zangief figure here.)
Posted Image

Stolen moves!
Posted Image

Then in an instant....my love was taken away. :lol:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#103 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:22 PM

Oh my God, his head broke off!!!!!
Thanks for posting the pics.
The figures look really great! Now that they're finally here and look so good next to the other figures, I feel it's been worth the wait. I'm not going to believe it when the Player one figs are on my shelf. I have been waiting years and years.
I have had stiff joints on some of the figs that required some pressure to loosen up, and fortunately none of them have broken. But after reading your review, I'm going to use your method of hot water to make sure that these new ones stay in one piece.
Bring on Dee Jay and don't let this series die!
By the way, I'm impressed with your collection of the variants. Especially the battle damaged Sagat. He looks a lot better than I thought he did. Really gruesome.

#104 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:23 PM

Those Zangief pics make me slightly less upset that i didn't get a Zangief. Spontaneous decapitation aside, some of these new ones just look...weird.

I just got my Marvel vs. Capcom Zangief by ToyBiz back out, he'll have to do for now. :D

That bloody Sagat is the cat's pajamas though.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#105 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:41 AM

Yeah, I was sad, and still am, about Zangiefs neck breaking. Totally wasn't expecting that, but his neck peg is rediculously small and thin for a figure of his size. Honda even had a bigger thicker peg. :D It sucks that I only got one good action pose out of him.

I contacted Sota about a repair or replacent, hopefully they get back to me with good news. Zangief was the only one I wasn't worried about breaking!

I was also impressed with the quality of Bloody Sagat! I was like Bad@ss when I got him, but it seems like they got lazy with ryu.... he only has one blood mark on his lower lip, and a few odd blotches on his gi. I was sure that all the blood on Sagat's fist was from Ryu...guess not. :)

It has been a good while since I posted pics of my collection, 2/3rds of them are variants now....and if I have all the player 1 variants, that means I must have like.......who knows....a bunch now. ;)

Posted Image

#106 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:47 AM

If anyone was interested in picking up the Bloody 2 pack Superherotoys.com still has them, and they are on sale! :o It's where I got mine.

http://superherotoys...exclusive1.html

Or you can just get the basic 2 pack, those are 20 I think.

Posted Image

#107 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:45 PM

Well, CornerStorecomics charged my card, and I got a ship notification on what I'm sure is my Revolutions. Should have these in hand within a week or so. This fiasco is almost to it's completion. :M:

Posted Image

#108 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:27 PM

I've got Dhalsim, Zangief and E Honda in the mail on the way to my house, but look what I just came across. Pictures of the NECA prototypes for the Street Fighter IV figures. Not only are we NOT getting Dee Jay yet, but I think they look horrible.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#109 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:05 PM

Yeah alot folks thought they looked bad. Didn't you have a subscription to Toyfare? They featured these in last months issue. I've been a little flack about posting over here about these or the Revs, cause I've been so active over at Fwoosh and A-F.com. I think these suck, and I also believe they are out of scale with sota's. Crimson Viper's mock up doesn't look too bad though. Who knows how far along these really are though. They could be out by Febuary or the end of next year. Neca is trying to keep to the look of the new game I guess, but I didn't think the in game characters looked this goofy. A few toy sites already have preorders for these up, and Crimson has pre-sold out on many of them....I guess these are due out sooner than later. But the REVs were on preorder for years. :mcmadd:

So you got your Revs on the way Kevin? I got mine on Tuesday, but havn't taken any pics. Some guys have though.

Mech Zangief's colors were WAAAAY Off! But he is still pretty Badarse!

http://www.thefwoosh...p...c&start=420

Here was my run down that I posted over on the other boards regarding each figure.

Well I opened 4 of them so far. Pretty much the same as my SDCC Exclusives thread.

Zangief - No stuck joints, just sloppy paint apps. His pelvis wasn't glued together straight though, so one of his legs is loose. I did see that his head is molding in black plastic though, and I may be able to scrape off some of the excess flesh paint off of his mustache and mohawk to make him look better....we'll see.

Turbo Honda - He wasn't as bad as my first impression, and I love the color scheme. But he had the same exact issues as my SDCC Honda, so a hot bath, some hand and stomach popping, and some gun oil made it all better. :wacko: He's my favorite variant thus far.

Mika - No stuck joints, and her paint is okay. Nothing special though.

Dhalsim - Again the same issues as my SDCC Dhalsim. Stuck Shoulder balls, stuck hands, and stuck upper arms, and stomach. Same method I used for the Gray one did the trick.

So 4 down 3 to go, 0 breakage thus far, and still no reply from SOTA about my 2 pack I sent back. :lol:

I opened my last 3 today.

Blue Dhalism - Same exact issues as my other 2 Sim's, except this time his left crotch joint was stuck. It either had glue or paint welded in there, so I had to heat him up real good, and then pop the upper leg peg out and remove the leg so I could get to the inner crotch to slowly move it and pry it to break it loose. I like this variant alot. Great color scheme and great paint apps. I just wish it was easier to switch out his arms. There was also weird burn marks on the back of one of his arms, and some touch up spots in the same place, so I don't know what was up with that.

Honda Player 1 - Again same problems as my other two Honda's, his neck peg was stuck too, but a short heat fixed that as well. His Stomach Ball peg had stress marks already on it, so I'm afraid he will break in the future, but I can live with it, and if it happens I'll probably just rig it. Also his Left thigh swivel was sort of stuck, it would turn a little then stop, so I pulled on it a little (without heating it) and it Popped right off! Scared the Shiznit out of me! I didn't break it though, and looked inside the leg socket and saw some red stuff, so I pried it out, it looks like the thigh peg didn't form completely so they tried to stick some kind of epoxy to it to tighten the fit....didn't work cause the red stuff was stuck to the inside of the joint. So his leg pops off really easy. Just another example of the poor quality of the manufacturer. If Sota manages to stick around they need to find another factory that knows what they are doing.

Mech Zangief - Aside from the disappointing color, he isn't a bad figure at all! And happens to be one of the sturdiest I have out of this set. All his joints are nice and firm, and his paint is nearly flawless! His right hand was stuck on, and it took about 4 minutes of heating to pop it out. His neck and chest were also stuck, but a quick heat popped them loose. Other than that nothing bad about him, and I'm very happy with him as oppose to the other 2 Zangiefs.

Got a response from SOTA stating my replacements have shipped as well, so when I get them, that should be good news for anyone looking to get replacements as well.

So 7 of 7 no breaks, all joints are movable. So out of all 11 Rev figs and variants I have only had 1 break, and that was only Zangief falling and bumping his head too hard. So patients and a good hot bath, and maybe some extra lube for them stiff joints, should keep everyone else from having issues. But really we shouldn't have to be worrying about this stuff at all when you think of it. I almost would have preferred getting all these guys disassembled like a kit, cause frankly I had to take half of them apart anyways.

When I get my replacement pack in I'll probably do some more group shots, and then I'll need to reshuffle my collection around and then take some new collection pics that are long overdue. ;)

Posted Image

#110 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

For the first time since issue 1, I stopped buying Toyfare about 3 months ago. I was noticing that they were covering stuff I had already seen on the internet prior to getting the issues, and lost interest in them.
The crappy look of the NECA figs annoys me, but if they aren't even going to be in the same scale as the SOTA figs, then that is really terrible.
Any chance of SOTA putting out DeeJay with that already completed sculpt before they call it quits?
I was going to take pics of my collection when the 3 Rev figs come in. It will pale in comparison to your collection because I have no variant or non SF2 figs (except I do have Gen).
Man I hope they don't break.

#111 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:30 AM

Aaarrrrghhhh!!!!
I just realized that the E Honda on the way to me is going to be the red variant.
On Ebay they are using the normal blue version in all the photos including action poses, but it does say Turbo Red. They misspell his name as "HODA". There's still a bunch there from the same dude.
Well crap. Now I have to turn around and put it right back on Ebay and try to buy the regular version.
Damn! I wanted my display ready for when a friend of mine is coming down around Christmas.

#112 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 02:36 AM

OK, I just bought the regular version. It'll be here in time.
It was my own fault, but man I'm frustrated with this line.

#113 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 04:01 PM

How much did you pay for the Turbo Honda?

As far as I know Neca is the only one allowed to do Street Fighter action figures over here in the states, but as mentioned Jerry will be doing Statues in scale, but I'm really not too hot on the idea anymore.

One member over at Fwoosh did mention that at the SDCC he asked the guys at the SOTA booth where the Alex prototyped was, and they told him that he was over at the Capcom booth getting further approval of some sort. So although SOTA has been pretty hush hush, and everyone who thinks they know everything says that SOTA won't be doing anymore with SF, there is still that small possibility regardless. Especially since Neca is only focusing on SF4.

I'd continue buying them if Sota was able to continue making them, but despite the apparent good sales of Rev1, there are just so many Quality Control issues to be certain SOTA will survive past next year.

But still, if SOTA was able to only just do Deejay in with at least 2 variants they would kill! So many people want him now. It would be a smart move to close up shop, cause I know I'd buy them all. I always liked Deejay, and the prototype they had was great. I still wish they didn't change so much of the articulation and art style in the Rev series. They would have looked so much better in the old Round style. Sucks I can't sculpt. ;)

Posted Image

#114 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:30 AM

I paid $23.88 (shipping was free), but now he's got one up for $9.99 so I probably won't make my money back when I re-sell it. Oh well.
The regular version cost me $19.99 plus shipping.

I too am disappointed in the Rev style changes, but at least they aren't drastic enough to make them look out of place next to the Round style ones, like these new NECA ones are.

Since Dee Jay is not in Street Fighter IV, NECA won't be making him. That's good. That leaves the world waiting for SOTA to make every effort to just get that final figure out.
If it doesn't happen then I might have to break down and get the statue version that will be coming.

Sigh...
I wish that stupid factory hadn't thrown a wrench into the SOTA works years ago. I used to get a wave of SF figs every April and October. We'd probably have all 56 characters by now and maybe they'd pick up the liscence for Mortal Kombat 1 and 2. But that will just have to be another of my shattered dreams.

#115 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, and it looks like this new factory has been trying to wrench up SOTA as well, but they finally got through it.

Right now I'm agitated about getting my replacement pack, UPS has apparently not scanned my package all week, so I have no idea where it's at or how long it will be till I get it. :( And another package I bought 2 weeks ago hasn't showed up yet either. :rolleyes: I hate the mail.

I hope your able to get your money back out of that Honda. I really liked the Turbo version myself. Let me know if his eyes are straight. :lol:

Posted Image

#116 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:48 AM

Well, finally got my 2 pack replacement! So everything is cool now! Here are some pics of my Revs. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#117 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 03:07 PM

Dude, those are so awesome!!
You have the ultimate collection!!!!

I got my regular Honda today. I love him. No breaks. No lose joints. Perfect.
Now those googly eyes on both faces are actually intentional I believe.
I swear his eyes are all goofy like that in the animation. I can't remember if it was in the 1st film or the later Alpha stuff, I'd have to rewatch them all, but as soon as I looked at the figure I remembered him looking like that somewhere.

I hope my Zangief and Dhalsim get here tomorrow.
I really am pleased with this Rev figure and not let down at all.
When I look at collections like yours I really wish they would continue through all the characters and all the variants.

When my other figs arrive I'll post some pictures.

#118 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:39 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty proud of my collection right now. I'm telling you, it's been YEARS since I've been so excited about a toyline. It's been over a year, and I still have to stop everyday and admire my collection of these guys. The details the paint apps, the well blended articulation. Jerry did an amazing job directing the first 4 rounds, and although I am pleased with my revs as well, I can only imagine what he could have done with these 4 figures if he were fully involved. I'm almost sad that I'm so close to completing my set already. I think I only need like 18 or so variants before I have them all. Well, at least 10 of those will be pretty tough to get.

I plan on taking more pics of my FULL collection soon.

Sadly it's official that SOTA currently has no plans to continue the Rev series as of the moment. They will continue to do Resin statues, but unless Neca takes a tumble don't count on anything new from SOTA next year. <_< My brain is wanting to explode from the lack of a Deejay to fill my void.

OH, and CURSE you CZ for getting me started on this line where ever you are! <_<

Posted Image

#119 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:57 AM

Okay, here is my current setup of my Variants. Probably not the best pictures, don't know if you can really see everyone, Maybe I'll take somemore with an above view.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#120 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:08 PM

Wow... awesome collection! I also like the shots of Dhalsim in his different colors... great stuff!

#121 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:28 AM

I got the rest of my figs in the mail yesterday and then had to do some shopping at the mall.
What did I see there? All the Rev figs hanging on pegs, well stocked and cheaper than I paid online.
Ugh...

I'll take some pics soon.

Oh by the way, I had my first breakage. Dhalsims leg twisted right off as easy as if the joint were made of soft clay.
But it only took me around 3 minutes to have it fixed as good as new with a double sided tiny screw.

That is truly sad news that SOTA will officially NOT be making Dee Jay. I guess I'll HAVE to get the Staction figure.

Another thing. What in the world were they thinking when they made Zangief's neck joint as thin as a piece of thread?
I'm not even going to look at it the wrong way or it's going to snap in two.

Edited by Kevin Mayle, 14 December 2008 - 05:33 AM.

#122 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:13 AM

I don't know the new guy in charge Guang I think, has made some super heinous decisions with this line, so I have no idea what he was thinking when approving the joints and stuff on these guys, and then the plastics the new factory used was weird. Oh well.

Sota has said there are no current plans to continue the Rev line. Maybe after 2 years they will try to do something else with it. :)

I hate to hear you broke your sim already. B) Chances are it already was tore in that joint. I don't' believe the guys assembling them took the best of care. One thing I don't understand as well is the Zangief head paint. The SDCC Zangief was essentially RUSHED through production, but time was taken with the player one variants. So why the crap are the paint apps on my SDCC Gief nearly flawless (in both instances) and the paint apps on my Player 1 so darn terrible? I mean look at my pics, you can even tell how shoddy the differences are there. My Pl1 Gief bugs me so much that if I come across another one in the future with perfect head paint I will buy it in a snap, then probably customize the other one, or sell it for cheap. :p

Also appreciate the compliments on my set. I'm still unsure about leaving them like they are, and I have been going through some serious overhaul with the setup of my collections in my room. I have so many smaller lines that together take away space from my larger more expensive lines. But I don't have the heart to sell them. :o I like them so much. For the first time since I started collecting Vintage Star Wars they are undisplayed set aside in a box in my room. I was supposed to make a new display for them, but can't find the right Glue/solvent to finish the Plexiglass case I designed for them. :lol:

Posted Image

#123 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:52 PM

I posted my pics here:
http://www.littlerub...showtopic=25561

#124 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 12:17 PM

Nice pics Kevin! Believe it or not the set looks better without all the newer characters in there. My brain hurts continuously about how Deejay failed to make it out! :o I want to just break into SOTA headquarters and steal the darn prototype. :good:

I especially like your line up shots.

Posted Image

#125 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:22 PM

Thanks for the compliments. I wish I had seen that some of the pics were blurry while I was taking them so I could have retaken them. The missing Dee Jay really bothers me too. I think they look better without the other figures because this is the iconic line-up. That and the fact that they only got a chance to make a random smattering of the other characters and there is no way to feel any kind of completeness with them. Even the variants for that matter. There are so many variants that COULD be made for each, that the ones that WERE made just make another set that can never be complete.
My collection is a bit weird in that it doesn't have Dee Jay of course, but it DOES have Gen. He doesn't belong. I've never even played him. In fact I've never played any other games in the series other than Street Fighter II. But I just fell in love with the Gen figure. He looks so extrememly awesome that I had to make the exception for him.

Edited by Kevin Mayle, 21 December 2008 - 07:26 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com