#1 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:20 AM

Hey, wanted to share some photos of the Arco Boglins.
I picked both of these up fairly recently, and I really like them. I’d been after some since I saw LittleWeirdos post about them elsewhere on this forum.

Produced by Arco in 1987 (by then a subsidiary of Mattel), these are a hard plastic small-sized (a little larger than minis) hollow boglin with articulated arms and have painted eyes and tongues. They also have additional colour sprays.
I’ve seen a red/pink, red/purple, purple/brown, orange/purple, orange/green... and there’s probably more.

I have a loose purple/brown one and a red/pink one in packaging. Interestingly they are different sculpts, (although the arms are from the same mold) so if anyone else has any it’d be great to see some photos so we can work how many there are.

Attached Files

Edited by Toytoad, 13 April 2018 - 02:50 AM.

#2 Jamesmate

Jamesmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:56 PM

Hey man, I've been waiting for you to finally receive this and post these photos haha, there's 3 sculpts;

Sponk / Blap - Orange body with green paint
Shlump / Klang - Purple body with pink-ish paint - the one you have loose
Schlurp / Splatt - Red/pink body with purple paint - the one you (and I) have sealed.

These are the general colour schemes of each, some have looked slightly different colours in differently lit photos - I've even asked for fresh photos before to find out - and the paint quantity differs dependant on usage etc, but the only other I've seen that's actually in totally different colours is a Shlump with the typical purple body but very bright red paint, which I've wondered if it was resprayed at some point.

Has your Shlump got a yellow tint on it too?

Funnily enough, these are photos from a listing that just went up on ebay right now, talk about timing…

Attached Files

Edited by Jamesmate, 13 April 2018 - 04:42 AM.

#3 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:11 AM

Awesome thanks for sharing!
How do you know their names? Not mentioned on the packaging!

#4 Jamesmate

Jamesmate

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:52 AM

I've edited the names to include both the American and European names, and here's a photo of the little guys under their larger counterparts which is how we know their names

Attached Files

Edited by Jamesmate, 13 April 2018 - 04:52 AM.

#5 Toytoad

Toytoad

Cudding Bollector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:48 PM

Ah cool! I see the similarities! Good call!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com