• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 25 March 2021 - 11:22 AM

Hey everyone, long time no speak. How the hell are you all? Sure hope you're doing well anyways!  :D

Thought I'd drop by and and show off my mimp premiums one last time before I give my online spending sprees a well-earned rest. It's been quite a quest I must say, but I've decided now's the best time to call it quits on this chapter for and focus on other things. Plus my cereal bag is fit to burst and can't take much more! lol  >-<

In total I've gathered together 96 various Frosties prizes and am exactly half way with my series 3 collection. You'll be glad to know I've finally got my hands on a Nabisco Shreddies box. Took forever and a day to get here from across the pond, but think you'll all agree was well worth the wait!!  :woot:

For now I'll leave you with the pics I took earlier on. Please let me know your thoughts and share if any of you have something similar.

A pleasure as always, 

"Ant"  ^_^

Attached File  IMG_3607.JPG   100.4K   16 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3599.JPG   118.77K   11 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3601.JPG   116.05K   14 downloads

Attached File  IMG_3602.JPG   95.41K   13 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3603.JPG   111.24K   11 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3604.JPG   126.21K   8 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3605.JPG   145.08K   5 downloads

#2 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 01:23 PM

Hey Ant, good to hear from ya.

Collection looking super nice & pristine. Liking the boxes, they kind of complete the story.

Got a couple questions for you on this topic out of interest...

The 12 series 1 MIMP that came in Kelloggs in UK in pine green, blue, Orange & pink.
Have you ever managed to find any of those sealed in the small clear baggies & theyre relavent cereal box?

Same with super scary & the 10 unpainted ones? (I know you like those)

#3 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 02:50 PM

I love how you keep them in a bag in a cereal box. Super cool!

#4 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 26 March 2021 - 06:06 AM

Hey Ant, good to hear from ya.

Collection looking super nice & pristine. Liking the boxes, they kind of complete the story.

Got a couple questions for you on this topic out of interest...

The 12 series 1 MIMP that came in Kelloggs in UK in pine green, blue, Orange & pink.
Have you ever managed to find any of those sealed in the small clear baggies & theyre relavent cereal box?

Same with super scary & the 10 unpainted ones? (I know you like those)

Hey Carl, nice to hear from ya. Glad you guys like my little bagged army! ;)

Regarding the premium mimp i.e. (Decipher board game colours) I'm actually unaware of any UK cereal promo featuring those. I completely agree it'd be cool to see, but I've no idea which cereal product they would have came with. All known promos are shown on the following link, which I believe might I've shared on here already some time ago: http://www.cerealoffers.com/

Yeah Super Scary had painted as well as plain sculpts inside Weeto's. For some reason however, there's no record of a glowing yellow Astaroth, nor have I ever seen one still in its clear packet despite being blatantly advertised on the box. :unsure: 

So the only S1 mimp offer in those premium colours was from Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares throughout the U.S. and that was only six figures in total. Could've included a few more such as Jotun and Cyclops etc.

Being so young (and most likely the baby of this entire group! :lol:lol) I was nowhere near old enough to buy mimp from the toy shops upon their first release in 1990. I was only a 2 year old toddler at the time, hence why I couldn't acquire any til around 2 or 3 years later via Kellogg's cereals. That's kinda why these are so special to me, regardless of it being a very obscure selection for a mimp promo. 

Ant

#5 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 26 March 2021 - 06:48 AM

Their story isn't entirely clear, but the premium colors of Cyclops, Jotun Troll, etc. were apparently not cereal promos, only the low-point monsters as you've stated. The closest we've ever gotten to information on their origin was due to the eBay seller that used to regularly offer them as being arcade/prize exclusives or something.

#6 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 07:28 AM

Their story isn't entirely clear, but the premium colors of Cyclops, Jotun Troll, etc. were apparently not cereal promos, only the low-point monsters as you've stated. The closest we've ever gotten to information on their origin was due to the eBay seller that used to regularly offer them as being arcade/prize exclusives or something.

Oh right okay. That kinda makes sense in a way. Can imagine mimp being a prize of beating an old Sega arcade game back in it's heyday over in the States! ^_^

I'm aware Cyclops and Jotun weren't included in Shreddies, Woulda been cool to see those in cello wrappers though. Just imagine how much they'd fetch still mint, you'd have to re-mortgage the house and sell the car! lol :mellow: 

However this means Hydra and T-Rex could also have very well been arcade prize exclusives. There's no proof that they were ever thrown in with the Decipher board game either, despite being advertised on the box. Only the 2 variations of Behemoth, Tengu, Triton and Kraken it seems.

Whilst on this subject, does anyone know how many different sculpts came with the "Monster Rock" cassette tape?? I've only ever seen Werewolf and Cockatrice. :huh:

Ant

#7 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 09:46 AM

Yeah, the Hydra and T-Rex were sold by that same eBay seller and seem to share that origin and color layout (two-color combos out of the board game colors per mold). I used to own a lot of those and monitor the seller's activity years back.

Edited by BaltanII, 26 March 2021 - 09:46 AM.

#8 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 11:00 AM

Hey Carl, nice to hear from ya. Glad you guys like my little bagged army! ;)

Regarding the premium mimp i.e. (Decipher board game colours) I'm actually unaware of any UK cereal promo featuring those. I completely agree it'd be cool to see, but I've no idea which cereal product they would have came with. All known promos are shown on the following link, which I believe might I've shared on here already some time ago: http://www.cerealoffers.com/

Yeah Super Scary had painted as well as plain sculpts inside Weeto's. For some reason however, there's no record of a glowing yellow Astaroth, nor have I ever seen one still in its clear packet despite being blatantly advertised on the box. :unsure:

So the only S1 mimp offer in those premium colours was from Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares throughout the U.S. and that was only six figures in total. Could've included a few more such as Jotun and Cyclops etc.

Being so young (and most likely the baby of this entire group! :lol:lol) I was nowhere near old enough to buy mimp from the toy shops upon their first release in 1990. I was only a 2 year old toddler at the time, hence why I couldn't acquire any til around 2 or 3 years later via Kellogg's cereals. That's kinda why these are so special to me, regardless of it being a very obscure selection for a mimp promo.

Ant

The 12 UK premiums I were refuring too are..

Orange) Ghoul & Phantom

Blue) Mad Scientist, Winged Panther, Mummy & Charon.

Pink) The Beast & Witch

Pine green) Spring Heeled Jack, Invisible Man, Skeleton & Hunchback

I were under the impression that they came in UK Kelloggs cereal but seen as your the go to UK cereal guy & your unawhere of the particular promotion & never come across them sealed in the clear packets it seems there may be a missing link here unless anyone else has more info on the promotion?

Strange why super scary aren't found still sealed in theyre clear packets either. You'd think they would be at least occasional.
Another mystery hey mate?

Thanks for the link, I'll definately check out that website.

Edited by SamuraiCC, 26 March 2021 - 12:43 PM.

#9 trumanshower

trumanshower

Eternal Truman of the spotless mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 27 March 2021 - 02:21 AM

A few years ago I've tried to identify the origins of all the premiums MIMP on this topic (http://www.littlerub...showtopic=85778)

, so far the list was : 

-pine green great beast : Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares cereals
-pine green hydra : Arcade in New Jersey
-pine green behemoth: Decipher MIMP Board game
-pine green griffin : Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares cereals
-pine green t-rex : Arcade in New Jersey
-pine green tengu: Decipher MIMP Board game
-pine green hobgoblin : Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares cereals
-pine green windigo: Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares cereals
-pine green spring heeled jack ??
-pine green invisible man ??
-pine green skeleton ??
-pine green hunchback ??
-cyan great beast: Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares cereals
-cyan behemoth : Decipher MIMP Board game
-cyan griffin : Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares cereals
-cyan cyclop : Arcade in New Jersey
-cyan tengu: Decipher MIMP Board game
-cyan jotun troll : Arcade in New Jersey
-cyan mad scientist ??
-cyan winged panther ??
-cyan mummy ??
-cyan charon ??
-orange hydra : Arcade in New Jersey
-orange werewolf : music cassette Monster Rock / Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares cereals
-orange t-rex : Arcade in New Jersey
-orange cockatrice : Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares cereals
-orange triton: Decipher MIMP Board game
-orange kraken: Decipher MIMP Board game
-orange hobgoblin : music cassette Monster Rock / Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares cereals
-orange windigo : Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares cereals
-orange ghoul ??
-orange the phantom ??
-pink werewolf: Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares cereals
-pink cockatrice: Nabisco Frosted Wheat Squares cereals
-pink cyclop : Arcade in New Jersey
-pink triton: Decipher MIMP Board game
-pink kraken: Decipher MIMP Board game
-pink jotun troll : Arcade in New Jersey
-pink cerberus: 2S Vulcano set to replace Pink Ganesha
-pink ghost: 2S Vulcano set to replace Pink Herne The Hunter
-pink the beast ??
-pink witch ??
-neon lime cerberus: 2S Vulcano set to replace Green Ganesha
-neon lime ghost: 2S Vulcano set to replace Green Herne The Hunter
-gitd cerberus : MIMP Cauldron
-gitd ghost : MIMP Cauldron

-red catoplepas : MIMP monster clash
-red khali MIMP monster clash ?
-yellow catoblepas MIMP monster clash ?
-yellow khali : MIMP monster clash

So no idea for those lower premiums

For super scary, I think I may have somewhere a photo of a sealed in a clear pack Wurdulak, I'll have to check. But I also have this one with Creature of the closet : 

Attached File  img01511.jpg   113.5K   9 downloads

Edited by trumanshower, 27 March 2021 - 02:27 AM.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!
FoP facebook page : https://www.facebook.../fistfulofpower

Boogaz facebook group : https://www.facebook...810983082984202

#10 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 05:27 AM

Thanks for your input Truman, yeah someone from the MIMP Market on FB also confirmed that those premiums were arcade exclusives from New Jersey. :)

Although there's a couple of things I picked up on you mentioned that need correcting. Firstly, S2 Green Ghost & Cerberus replaced Cyan Ganesha and Green Herne in volcano set A, whilst Magenta Ghost & Cerberus replaced Green Ganesha and Cyan Herne in volcano set B. If you don't believe me check this site out. Over on FB Messenger, I actually befriended the guy who compiled this guide all those years ago: http://www.raumhafen...s/mimp/mimp.txt

Secondly, Magenta Herne & Ganesha were packed into two separate smaller boxes. One was in Dragon secret 12-pack and the other was in Warlock secret 12-pack. I can also confirm that Red Kali and Yellow Catoblepas were part of the Monster Clash Game. I saw an eBay listing a couple years ago from the U.S. I think. They were the same 12 figures as U.K. version only with the colours swapped round.

Ah well that's news to me regarding Hobgoblin with Monster Rock album. So that's three out of six sculpts that were also in Shreddies, what's the chances of remaining 3 showing up with the tape?? Ya never know do ya, eBay sure is full of surprises!! :D

Thirdly, that packet concealing the Closet Creature doesn't look legit as the print on it is red instead of black ink and have the CE brand along with the name and address of manufacturer on it. The material used should also be proper cellophane whereas yours looks like a more softer plastic bag.

Here's what the real deal resembles: http://cerealoffers...._my_pocket.html

Hope this helps anyways bud! :thumbsup:

"Ant"

#11 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 06:48 PM

Thanks Trumanshower, that's really interesting to hear the 12 UK premiums origin is still somewhat of a mystery.
They're all relatively easy to obtain
here in UK with a bit of patience (apart from the 2 pinks).
For there to be so many of them it must have been quite a decent promotion run. Other than cereal I don't really have any ideas either where they could of come from.

If that sealed creature in the closet is legit then that's pretty cool. That's gotta be the most detailed of the super scary sculpts?

#12 Dfrazzer

Dfrazzer

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 04:27 AM

The 12 premiums in the UK came from a Woolworths promotion, this is the article in Sunday Magazine which came with The News Of The World newspaper.

6vmded3N_t.jpg This blog talks about it.

Arfon.net The Art of Arfon Jones: Monster Memories: ‘Monster in my Pocket'

#13 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 05:34 AM

The 12 premiums in the UK came from a Woolworths promotion, this is the article in Sunday Magazine which came with The News Of The World newspaper.
6vmded3N_t.jpg This blog talks about it.
Arfon.net The Art of Arfon Jones: Monster Memories: ‘Monster in my Pocket'

Wow, that is awesome. Thanks very much for sharing that.

I guess now we'll have to change the colours to outrageous Orange, gruesome green, bilious blue & petrified pink ;-)

#14 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 10:52 AM

Was literally about to share the link to our chat on this topic from FB, guess you beat me to it Darren!  :p

At least now you have the answers you're lookin' for Carl. I just about recall this article being shared a good while ago. But again, I personally was too young for this offer back in the day due to being a late eighties lad! lol However I remember getting my Monster Clash game in the sale at Woollies like it was just yesterday. Good times!  B)

#15 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 11:16 AM

Yep it's mystery solved for me on that :-)

Pretty cool how these nostalgic promotions get pulled out of the archives all these years later.

Some of my early MIMP memories are the same as you, getting them in the Frosties promotion in your pics. Definately a strange assortment of monsters & yep good times.

#16 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 11:25 AM

Yep it's mystery solved for me on that :-)

Pretty cool how these nostalgic promotions get pulled out of the archives all these years later.

Some of my early MIMP memories are the same as you, getting them in the Frosties promotion in your pics. Definately a strange assortment of monsters & yep good times.

So what's gonna be the next chapter in your mimp story then Carl? Gonna go for series 3 when the times right are ya!  ;)

#17 SamuraiCC

SamuraiCC

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 12:01 PM

So what's gonna be the next chapter in your mimp story then Carl? Gonna go for series 3 when the times right are ya! ;)

I don't really know what the next chapter is going to be, theres a lot of choice when choosing what series or promotion to collect. I'm still missing a couple S2 mimps that I would like to get but other than that I've had an eye on collecting the 10 unpainted super scary & would be good to have the matching cereal box in my collection too. Have you seen that particular cereal box go up for sale much over the years?

Series 3 is still on hold for now though lol.

#18 trumanshower

trumanshower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts
  • Interests:dragonautes, monster in my pocket, fistful of power, motu, cosmix, luxioles etc etc...

Posted 29 March 2021 - 08:43 AM

Thirdly, that packet concealing the Closet Creature doesn't look legit as the print on it is red instead of black ink and have the CE brand along with the name and address of manufacturer on it. The material used should also be proper cellophane whereas yours looks like a more softer plastic bag.

"Ant"

I don't know for that,those figures were available in France too in Weetos cereals but I don't know if they had this packaging or an other kind. maybe the french packet was different from the uk one ?

And here you can see sealed UK super scary too : http://cerealoffers...._my_pocket.html

Edited by trumanshower, 29 March 2021 - 09:18 AM.

French collector of Battle Beasts, Monster in my pocket and a bunch of other toys !!

#19 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 01:38 PM

Oh right, ok I see. So you guys had the Weeto's Super Scary offer in France too then? I remember you mentioning the wrestlers a while back but there wasn't a full set of 9 to collect like the UK version.

What other mimp promos did you have that I'm unaware about? :huh:

Ant

#20 trumanshower

trumanshower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:58 AM

For the super scary promo so far it was just a souvenir, i had no proof. But i've found the tv add where you can see the cereal box in french : 

Attached File  weetos mimp super scary fr 1993.jpg   56.1K   5 downloads

#21 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:55 AM

Hey all happy Easter. Woah! :blink:this is the first I've heard of the French version of this ad. Cheers for sharing Truman!  :thumbsup:

Do you happen to have the box ad for the wrestlers that came with Frosties? I think you showed us some sort of fast food promo for P.E.T. Aliens too didn't ya.

Ant

#22 trumanshower

trumanshower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1384 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:14 AM

yes for the Comic Aliens this was this Magic Box : 

Attached File  magic box comic aliens.jpg   59.05K   2 downloads

For the Frosties WIMP I've not yet found a photo of the french box.

#23 Spookyvillevideo

Spookyvillevideo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Mimp and Horror / Anime VHS

Posted 07 April 2021 - 09:33 AM

Oh right, ok I see. So you guys had the Weeto's Super Scary offer in France too then? I remember you mentioning the wrestlers a while back but there wasn't a full set of 9 to collect like the UK version.

What other mimp promos did you have that I'm unaware about? :huh:

Ant

I saw there was supposedly a Sonics fast food promo in the US. I only learned about it recently because I was looking at a Monster In My Pocket VHS Demo screener on eBay. It menchion Ed it on the back.

#24 Spookyvillevideo

Spookyvillevideo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Mimp and Horror / Anime VHS

Posted 08 April 2021 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for your input Truman, yeah someone from the MIMP Market on FB also confirmed that those premiums were arcade exclusives from New Jersey. :)

Although there's a couple of things I picked up on you mentioned that need correcting. Firstly, S2 Green Ghost & Cerberus replaced Cyan Ganesha and Green Herne in volcano set A, whilst Magenta Ghost & Cerberus replaced Green Ganesha and Cyan Herne in volcano set B. If you don't believe me check this site out. Over on FB Messenger, I actually befriended the guy who compiled this guide all those years ago: http://www.raumhafen...s/mimp/mimp.txt

Secondly, Magenta Herne & Ganesha were packed into two separate smaller boxes. One was in Dragon secret 12-pack and the other was in Warlock secret 12-pack. I can also confirm that Red Kali and Yellow Catoblepas were part of the Monster Clash Game. I saw an eBay listing a couple years ago from the U.S. I think. They were the same 12 figures as U.K. version only with the colours swapped round.

Ah well that's news to me regarding Hobgoblin with Monster Rock album. So that's three out of six sculpts that were also in Shreddies, what's the chances of remaining 3 showing up with the tape?? Ya never know do ya, eBay sure is full of surprises!! :D

"Ant"

Do we have any idea on the name of the Arcade? I am a US Mimp and VHS collector. I have all of VHS friends who live in and around NJ. If we had a name I could try to get a friend to go by and ask about the fig promo. Even call and asked about unused prizes?

It would actually be quite amazing to know the Arcade.

NJ is quite the spot for Rare VHS and figs.

#25 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 09:58 AM

The seller in question liquidated their stock years ago, and to my knowledge never revealed the source's name. There's probably old topics that go into greater depth on the matter, but not much to go on and probably not unused stock hanging around.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com