#26 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

The Spanish, Bestias de Combate, one is indeed darker but it also has Green colored knee paths instead of the Yellowish one from the normal ones and I think H23454 is only talking about the skin color here. ALL of the Bestias de Combate are different figures from the normal ones because even those who are not distinct enough in color can be identified as BDC by looking at the marks left by the mold they used for them. It is all in the details... But its for sure that the BDC should never be misunderstood as variants because they are an own unique line of Battle Beasts that were only available in Spain.

#27 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:18 PM

The Spanish, Bestias de Combate, one is indeed darker but it also has Green colored knee paths instead of the Yellowish one from the normal ones and I think H23454 is only talking about the skin color here. ALL of the Bestias de Combate are different figures from the normal ones because even those who are not distinct enough in color can be identified as BDC by looking at the marks left by the mold they used for them. It is all in the details... But its for sure that the BDC should never be misunderstood as variants because they are an own unique line of Battle Beasts that were only available in Spain.

. As for you. It's not a spainish beast. It doesn't have green knee pads. I found a picture on LRG showing the difference of a spainish vs a Japan/American version. don't jump down people's pants because you think you know everything. I am buying it to see what it is? It was listed as "dark blue variant armor" so I am curious. I can buy it. I will show it when I can get it to my house. Variants can be tricky but the word variant is all In a understanding of the meaning. A variantion of the original. So if it sun faded, or painted by outside influence or a paint mistake? I look forward to seeing the figure and will still enjoy my new toy.

#28 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:33 AM

. As for you.....

don't jump down people's pants because you think you know everything....

I still do not really know where all this frustration comes from and if you would have red through the lines properly you would have noticed I am not saying anything about it being a BDC as I was replying to CCvegita with that reaction. As before I am only trying to help.

From the previous owner I know that it has nothing to do with fadding, at least for what concerns the skin color, since I asked him to pull the arm to check this. So now we only have to figure out where this different color comes from but this is probably related to either a different run or the fact its been produced in/for another country but figuring out these kind of very detailled info takes a lot of time and most likely will turn out to be impossible although we are still trying to do so. On the other hand for some particular paints it is known that they do react towards different external influences so eventhough there might not be a discoloration due to sunfading or what so ever there is still a chance that particular type of green paint does react to certain circumstances meaning the way it has been stored for years might have had something to do with it. Not saying that this is the case but its an option that should be considered as well since this has happened before.

When it comes to the word Variant I totally agree with you its completely open and its hard to define it properly in this situation so we all interpret it in our own way and might give a completely different understanding to it, maybe that is where it all goes wrong because of course every damaged, faded, mistpainted figures can be a variant if that would be your perspective. The only concern I have with that view is that it does not make things much more clear while the ongoing variant discussion is already difficult enough to pull a line in. For us these are fun discussions but I would like to prevent providing new collectors with wrong information or false hope as I can remember quite a few people who have been hunting down a Black face Gorilla for years thinking it is a normal variant until they realised there is only one....... So unique, one of a kind, Variants are out there and its good to know they are discussed and documented but let us please also share the fact these are unique figs in their own way, caused by whatever, which are not figs that should end up at a checklist of variants opening up the assumption to new collectors that those need to be added or traced down as well in order to get a complete collection.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#29 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:17 AM

I would like to prevent providing new collectors with wrong information or false hope as I can remember quite a few people who have been hunting down a Black face Gorilla for years thinking it is a normal variant until they realised there is only one....... So unique, one of a kind, Variants are out there and its good to know they are discussed and documented but let us please also share the fact these are unique figs in their own way, caused by whatever, which are not figs that should end up at a checklist of variants opening up the assumption to new collectors that those need to be added or traced down as well in order to get a complete collection.

That is what I am trying to figure out. What is obtainable and what is one of a kind. If there are only 1 or 2 of the thousands made I don't know I would say variant as much as anomaly. I myself would like to get known variants which can be obtained by the average collector at maybe a slight premium to compared to the original. The anomalies I am fine looking at pictures of others and saying wonder how that one happened.

As a new collector it is just hard to know what is likely to get and what is most likely not to happen.

I can't wait to see CCVegita's new collection pictures!

Always Looking for Battle Beasts PM if you got extras!!!!

#30 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

If it is a real variation I would be hard pressed to think it was am American our Japanese version. Maybe Canadian or European. Either way if it was a new one that would be cool. Make sure to post lots of pictures when you get it.

As for pictures, my toy room was taken by my son, who have it to his sister, who gave it to his brother. My stuff is all in foam military cases I got from work. :)

Edited by CCVegita, 09 May 2015 - 03:35 PM.

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#31 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Playing addicting video games, anime, MUSCLE, megaman, snarf from Thundercats, guts,and Battle Beasts. Really any smaller figure from the 80s/90s.

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:56 PM

I have seen some photos on a Lion with armor that seems to be allot lighter than others. Is it the Spanish version? and finally is it obtainable or is it the avatar element unabtainium?

Attached Files

#32 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:45 PM

Back in the day they used to have one for sale on Lulu Berlu, but no one wanted to spend $50 with shipping on it.  It seems to be gone now.  It is also hard to tell if their pictures actually represent the actual figure you will get in the mail.  Spending money on a Spanish figure = worth it.....spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$ on a normal figure from Spain =  :(

http://www.lulu-berl...ts-c468-en.html

Edited by CCVegita, 13 May 2015 - 07:46 PM.

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------- アンドル ------------------------------------------------------------
______What I have for sale_______Beasts I still need_______Cards I still need_______My Collection______

#33 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

So I finally got my "variant danger dog dark blue" in the other day.
Let me back up also and say sorry to you BEASTFORMER, I don't mean to jump on your sh!t. you have great knowledge and a nice website and a great collection. So let me apologize again and I don't want to start some annoying argument over the Internet about figures and toys we all love and enjoy.
Anyways... If I can figure out how to send/download/whatever the photo of the "variant" danger dog I just bought. I think everyone will enjoy it. It's now a second blue armor with America/Japan style color knee highlights and not repainted or tampered with figure I have seen. The first being one I Have seen on Instagram owned by official battle beast, ConPhusioN. Thanks for everyone's time. And I hope to get that photo up here to share.

#34 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:22 AM

My "danger dog blue armor variant" I just received in the mail. Bought of the Internet. Sorry if the picture isn't perfect but it's a high quality phone camera. If that matters. I haven't tampered with the figure, colored it, painted, or anything. This is how I received it. The colors is all original. Thanks everyone for the patients and looking at my figure.

Attached Files

#35 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

Let me back up also and say sorry to you BEASTFORMER, I don't mean to jump on your sh!t. you have great knowledge and a nice website and a great collection. So let me apologize again and I don't want to start some annoying argument over the Internet about figures and toys we all love and enjoy.

Think your last line says it all so whether we like it or not we´ll probably always keep getting back towards each other because its the passion of the line we both have that brings us the you and fun we have with the Beasts, but that doesn´t say our visions at some subjects might be different. That´s fine with me as long as we handle and deal with this in a respectfull way. I´m probably the most extreme BB protector out here so once we start arguing or have a discussion you´ll probably have a hard time convincing me since I´d need solid facts in order to prove you´re right regarding a certain topic. So this makes me certainly not the easiest collector to deal, discuss or argue with but that´s nothing new and all the other collectors out here already know about this. But hope you realise I take this position, eventhough its not always supported by everyone, in order to prevent this line and its history being pushed in all directions without any proper lead or main story.

As you might know we´re trying our best behind the scene´s to really look into some of the unexplained subjects around this line and eventhough we manage to tackly quite some problems also we are still confronted with new finds or insights that suddenly give us a whole new perspective in relation to the line. The reason why I´m so ¨anti-variant¨ is also related to this since, as mentioned above, the moment WE (as a community) agree on a figure being a variant we sort of give a GO for it being added to the Variant checklist on which the most common and generally accepted BB Variants are placed. These are the figures you should be able to find in time, some more easy than others but those are known to exist in multiple amounts. But when it comes to the smaller differences like your Blueish Dog there´s no guarantee its exactly the same to the one Conphusion has (at least I don´t believe these were ever in hand and beside each other on a pic or whatsoever, right?) and I wouldn´t be surprised to see if they´d all have a slightly different tone. The reason for these slight tone differences, which can also be found amongst the Carps, Bison, Porcupine, etc. is unclear but there´s a few options imho;

1 Factory Issue
- The figure belonged to a release for another, non US/JP, country and thus its been available in much lesser amounts.

- There´s been a mistake in the mixture of the color meaning there´s been only one run of these colors explaining while there´s not only one but even more shade differences for some figures.

2 Aging/Discoloring

- The effects of long term storage or exposure to sunlight are not always clear when it comes to the figs within the BB/LB line since for some specific colors (Skin color of the Slag King for example) it is known that they react to certain circumstances much more than you´d expect. I agree that in most cases discoloration is caused by sunlight issues but I wouldn´t be surprised to see some specific paint colors might also react based upon long term storage and slightly discolor over time. It´s known from other lines that the flexibility and even color is effected by rubber figures being stored and who´re unable to ¨breath¨. 

The answer towards all these slightly differnt colors is most likely hidden in one of the above. I hope we´ll be able to tell the whole release story about the BB someday and thus being able to trace back any specific BB towards an actuall country/continent of release, but sadly enough they´re not all as obvious as the Bestias de Combate (BB from Spain) and this is a long journey.

When it comes to the aging or discoloring effect we´ll probably never ever be able to tell since this is something that could´ve evolved over 20+ years or more because we all know some of the figs that see the light of day again have been stored away under, whatever kind of, various storage conditions. So this makes it also hard to predict how figs turn out or not and whether it actually is a reaction or not.

As for now I´d suggest to name all these figs with slightly different paint apps/colors as ¨Special Variants¨ in line with the Black Face Gorilla and others which are known but of which only ONE is known. So these are indeed all Variants on their own because they´re most likely one of a kind figures but I´d like to prevent these figs from being mentioned or named in line with the Blue Jag, Black Mole, etc in order not to give new collectors false hope. As you might know for yourself there´s nothing more fun than the hunt for Beasts but that also means there´d be a huge dissapointment in case you´re searching for a figure of which there´s only one out there known to exist........

So my main argument for being so against these kind of Variants is not the fact I don´t support them or don´t accept them as such but its the name that´s placed on these which puts them in line with the common ones and thus the false hope that´s created for all the new collectors to come. And hereby we´re back at my first alinea in which I told you I´d stand up against any kind of possible danger or threaths that might cause troubles or create doubts towards the validity of the info about the BB line and this also goes for the Variant part of it.

It´s clearly a cool different Danger Dog and I hope that one day we are able to tell why it is that different...

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#36 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:34 PM

aging, discoloring, factory error, storage, fakes, imports, Greek, Spanish, Mexico, China, Takara , Hasbro, versions A B C, Canadian, customs... All to MANY factors to think about when searching and collecting and discussing when it comes down to it? But I do see your point and beliefs in this line of toys. I am not trying to force things down people ears and say " this is it! A VARIANT!" I just want to show something I have and see what others think? Now other people that have HUGE COLLECTIONS, in USA , have said 'wow that's a variant' and 'amazing blue color and different from the original'. I think the variant word gets thrown around a lot, but I think it's cause people want something SPECIAL? everyone wants the rare or one of a kind or have the biggest best of things? Or even know the most knowledge of something. Or to be the only person to be able to do something? My rambling point is... Variation is what makes things fun. Collecting. Work. People. Everything. With 40,000,000 BATTLE BEASTS made ( from a advertisement I had seen about battle beasts toy line being used to sell to American toy stores) , WHO KNOS what variant/versions/variations are out there?

#37 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

I would say that is some crazy rare variant.  I'm sure there are paint wears/scuffs on the figure cause it doesn't look mint.  Are there any signs of the normal green color on those spots?  If not than it wouldn't be a really good repaint.

Posted Image

#38 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:27 PM

I would say that is some crazy rare variant. I'm sure there are paint wears/scuffs on the figure cause it doesn't look mint. Are there any signs of the normal green color on those spots? If not than it wouldn't be a really good repaint.

#39 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:38 PM

I would say that is some crazy rare variant. I'm sure there are paint wears/scuffs on the figure cause it doesn't look mint. Are there any signs of the normal green color on those spots? If not than it wouldn't be a really good repaint.

The danger dog I have has very little wear, it does look like some I have with play marks on it. I have pulled the joints/arms out and I don't see any signs of green color. I don't see any green in any of the awkward areas of the figure that might be harder to repaint. The few wear areas it has has just the blue color then the brownish color underneath

#40 Glock

Glock

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

I checked all of mine.  Does yours have any Mold letters? A B or C?  I checked both of mine and they do not have any of the mold letters and they are the normal color.

#41 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:28 AM

I checked all of mine. Does yours have any Mold letters? A B or C? I checked both of mine and they do not have any of the mold letters and they are the normal color.

Yeah he has a letter 'C' on his right leg, backside. This is the only Danger Dog I have with a marking like this. The others I assume are first generation battle beasts.

#42 CCVegita

CCVegita

Prince of all Saiyans

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:03 AM

Did danger dog come in any special sets (bandoleer,chariot, base)?
Posted Image

#43 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:35 AM

I believe the Bandoliers were only released up to the Girafe figure so there is no Dog in there and for any of the other sets I do not really know as I have not seen a Dog included there before. It will probably come down to a different factory/release location, maybe Canada?

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#44 Grencats

Grencats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:46 PM

Here's the ones I have that I consider variants rather than doubles. Mostly it is just slight color changes. 

Attached Files

#45 optimusdrizzt

optimusdrizzt

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:05 PM

What is the difference in the saber tooth? I saw him as a variant on the price guide but I can't see it on the pictures (admittedly my color sense is not very great)

Also I have noticed a few other shades of paint on some characters:
I have three visually different walruses one is unpainted tusks, one is a more orange yellow (like a Dorito color) painted body with painted tusk and one is a traditional yellow painted body one with painted tusks.

I have 2 ferocious tigers one is a darker chocolate armor and the other is the regular brown color.

I am sure it is because of where they were made and the inability to get a perfect shade match in different countries.

#46 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

I am sure it is because of where they were made and the inability to get a perfect shade match in different countries.

That is most likely the main reason causing the shade differences amongst some of the Beasts, strangely enough its mainly in the armor coloring which might suggest that the naked (skin color) Beasts (except the pink skin variations of course) might have been produced in one factory for all Beasts while the paint for the armor was applied in various factories......!?!? This is something I just realised actually but with so many shade differences in the armor color you would expect to see some more differences in the actuall skin colors as well but this is only very limited like the Dog we have seen recently.

Anyway I hope that someday we will be able to see and tell the difference based upon the various locations, but that might be a few steps to far and to optimistic to think. We keep on trying though ;)  

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#47 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 360 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

He didn't come in the Bandolier or with the base but could have come from a chariot

When I was a kid I got a mustard armor porcupine with a chariot so not only did they put high end series 1 figures in but I also got my variant in there

only one of my friends whose wasn't yellow at the time, I assumed the variants only came with the chariots for a while but no clue really

Edited by Shadow Bat, 31 May 2015 - 03:18 AM.

#48 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:29 PM

I have seen and own many variations of certain colors of beasts. Some everyone knows, some I have NEVER heard of and some are a toss up of opinions? So basically it's all in what can be collected and what the person wants? I see the basics a lot, mouse, walrus, jaguar, mole. But like my danger dog and my friends danger dog? Only 2 I have heard of or seen?? Like the legend of the black face gorilla? Maybe they are only one or 10? Who knows?

#49 Shadow Bat

Shadow Bat

Serious Collector

• 360 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:26 PM

I can completely believe that the dog is a variant or even a beastia de combate variant since we've seen they had more than one paint job on their figures. a good starting point might be to compare the size and location of his number on his back with a regular dog as well as looking for where the mold marks are located

as far as the black faced gorilla, he's a factory error plain and simple, I've checked him up and down and he's normal except face and it's no different than my one eyed tigerburn or my two tone gator or a dozen other factory errors. Don't get me wrong, I prize my factory errors just as much as a variant because it has a personality all it's own, but it wasn't done on purpose unless the factory worker took him out early and smuggled him out (romantic story)

yours however I'm not sure, pretty cool though

I have seen and own many variations of certain colors of beasts. Some everyone knows, some I have NEVER heard of and some are a toss up of opinions? So basically it's all in what can be collected and what the person wants? I see the basics a lot, mouse, walrus, jaguar, mole. But like my danger dog and my friends danger dog? Only 2 I have heard of or seen?? Like the legend of the black face gorilla? Maybe they are only one or 10? Who knows?

#50 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:13 PM

I can completely believe that the dog is a variant or even a beastia de combate variant since we've seen they had more than one paint job on their figures. a good starting point might be to compare the size and location of his number on his back with a regular dog as well as looking for where the mold marks are located

as far as the black faced gorilla, he's a factory error plain and simple, I've checked him up and down and he's normal except face and it's no different than my one eyed tigerburn or my two tone gator or a dozen other factory errors. Don't get me wrong, I prize my factory errors just as much as a variant because it has a personality all it's own, but it wasn't done on purpose unless the factory worker took him out early and smuggled him out (romantic story)
yours however I'm not sure, pretty cool though

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com