50 replies to this topic

#1 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:58 AM

okay, these guys are often asked about on LRG and Marty kindly gave us the Weird Ball connection. Soups and I have been scouring the web for info on these guys and have put together an entry on Toypedia. This one was a real joint effort and although it may not seem like it I think it took us both hours!

There's more to come but for now...

Weird Ball Wrestlers

And thanks to Galaxy for the Collectums images :o

Posted Image

#2 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:57 AM

Thanks, great entry. I find these guys pretty interesting.

#3 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:28 AM

....I actually do have to say that Toypedia IS friggin' amazing.
I used to have one of those Weird Ball wrestlers, and I haven't seen ANY documetation of it, EVER, ANYwhere. Kudos! So then, are the WB wrestlers seperate from the Collectums?

Damn Weird Ball.....

I only remember the balls themselves when I was growing up, but trying to find them since, I discover they put out a freaking cornucopia of stuff.....

Here, for anyone who may be interested, is a checklist of Weird Ball stuff I've found to exist....

--Weird Ball balls (six characters)
--WB "Punt Grunt" football (actual football size)
--WB Collectums (large-size pvc figures, a dozen characters)
--WB Mini-Collectums (M.U.S.C.L.E. sized versions)
--WB Glowing Weird Balls (six smaller-sized glowing versions)
--WB Slime (in several colors)
--WB G.R.U.N.T. Force (articulated action figures)
--WB Bicycle seat covers (two characters, if memory serves)
--WB Backpack
--WB Trading Cards

...Whew!!!!!
And once again kiddies, if anyone has ANY of this stuff to let go of, or anything similiar, LET ME KNOW!

I thought I'd quote Wormskull's post here just to keep things together :angry:

Here's some images of the wrestlers (and some other Weird Ball stuff) in other formats, most of it is ripped from ebay/amazon:

Attached File  8965_1.jpg   33.42K   38 downloads Attached File  ball_weirdfig_swer.jpg   24.6K   43 downloads Attached File  0f69_1.jpg   31.47K   28 downloads Attached File  ff54_1.jpg   22.67K   28 downloads

Attached File  511S629MM9L__SS400_.jpg   35.07K   37 downloads Attached File  51JDPQYD56L._SS400_.jpg   34.22K   32 downloads Attached File  517R61911RL._SS400_.jpg   35.89K   27 downloads Attached File  WeirdBall.jpg   33.98K   29 downloads
Attached File  5123MZF74DL._SS400_.jpg   34.4K   26 downloads Attached File  ball_W_seat.jpg   46.16K   30 downloads

Posted Image

#4 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:42 AM

I think it is time for a mod to combine all the Weird Ball stuff into it's own sub topic called, "Madball/Weird Ball Toys."

TGB

#5 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:49 AM

Thanks, great entry. I find these guys pretty interesting.

Thanks, mate!

And here's a pic of a Weird Ball G.R.U.N.T. Force figure that TGB uploaded awhile ago.

Attached Files

Edited by Soupie, 12 February 2008 - 06:50 AM.

Posted Image

#6 wormskull

wormskull

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:26 PM

.....Oh man....oh man......

....I'm offa here for a couple days, and I find a trove of wonders awaiting me upon return !!!

They....they made a GIANT Wormskull?!?!??!!

Wormskull may be my favorite toy ever, and they had a BIG one?! I'm pretty sure I just spontaneously developed a sever heart condition.....(*composes self, whith much effort*)

Anyhow, well done on obtaning all of this photographic documentation on this obscure line. I've got some saved images lying around I'll add to this heap o' goodness.

I have to wonder....if this line is so &%*@-in' obscure, thy couldn't have made that much bank...how, then did they pump out sooo much friggin' stuff?!
It's like they tried to simultaneously rip off Madballs, M.U.S.C.L.E., AND Garbage Pail Kids, and STILL managed to never catch on lol!

Eh, I still love you, Weird Ball.

#7 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:50 PM

i just picked these up from a friend... these are my first ones... they are pretty cool.

Posted Image

what do these usually go for~?

#8 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 03:58 AM

$0.00

;)
Posted Image

#9 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:43 AM

I've got two Weirdball (football shaped) in my 'got toys' thread.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

#10 mrjayberry

mrjayberry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:36 AM

The handfull I've got were lumped in with M.u.s.c.l.e. lots so I didn't pay much over .50 cents. I'd go up to 1.00 and as always milage may vary. It will also depend on how patiant you want to before you get them.

#11 sherrie

sherrie

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • Interests:toys, computers, games, reading

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:15 PM

I just found two on ebay for $8.50 a piece. They are the only ones and no completed sales found. Seems a little much to me since they were around .50 last year and I can't find anything else regarding prices for them.

Selling on Ebay as Kinnikumart

Check out my Ebay Auctions
HERE

My Store is now Closed!
Selling on Ebay and here on the Forum too!. Pm me or email me.

#12 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

Depends on the buyer for these. They aren't exactly rare and are a common enough find in lots of muscles and stuff, but it's difficult to scrounge together the different colors. It doesn't help that they are so obscure and not many people know what they are. I've seen them go for $.50 cents each all the way up to $10 bucks each. Again, I think it depends on the color you have and the buyer.

Posted Image

#13 sherrie

sherrie

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1397 posts
  • Interests:toys, computers, games, reading

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:38 PM

Depends on the buyer for these. They aren't exactly rare and are a common enough find in lots of muscles and stuff, but it's difficult to scrounge together the different colors. It doesn't help that they are so obscure and not many people know what they are. I've seen them go for $.50 cents each all the way up to $10 bucks each. Again, I think it depends on the color you have and the buyer.

Thanks, that helps me to understand the price changes better.

Selling on Ebay as Kinnikumart

Check out my Ebay Auctions
HERE

My Store is now Closed!
Selling on Ebay and here on the Forum too!. Pm me or email me.

#14 EVOM

EVOM

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for putting this post on! I still have some of these that I bought at Woolworths when I was a kid. I have about 15 of em and might be on the hunt for more in the future.

#15 pallidmask

pallidmask

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:22 PM

I've got a question: has anyone noticed a difference in consistency between their Weird Ball Wrestlers? I recently picked up my first black figure and noticed he is a little more rubbery and flexible than the others. He is also in slightly rougher shape (and, sadly enough, missing a few fingers, poor guy,) so I'm wondering if somehow rough treatment and/or poor storage could account for his softness?

#16 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:03 AM

Could be a boot. I think I have a few flesh boots.
Posted Image

#17 SaltLakeToyJunkee

SaltLakeToyJunkee

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:02 AM

This would be my guess as well. All of my wrestlers are the same hard consistency. Unless the figure sat in the sun for years and became gooey/soft :rolleyes: More than likely a bootleg though. Was there extra plastic around the hands? If so I would definitely say bootleg. :lol:

#18 pallidmask

pallidmask

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 01:42 PM

This would be my guess as well. All of my wrestlers are the same hard consistency. Unless the figure sat in the sun for years and became gooey/soft :D More than likely a bootleg though. Was there extra plastic around the hands? If so I would definitely say bootleg. :yes:

The figure does indeed have extra flashing! I never would have expected to see bootlegs of a relatively obscure line that was in a sense a knock-off of another toy line, but hey... Great...now that I know bootlegs exist I guess I'm going to have to start collection those jerks, too. Thanks!

#19 PerfectHannah

PerfectHannah

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests: Things that are gross or things that are unicorns or things that both gross and unicorns (happy day!).

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

Hi! I picked up a super cool large sculpt from this line, and thanks to the Toypedia entry, was able to identify the character as "Sewer Face Sam". What's weird is that I can't find documentation on his particular line... he's 5" or 6" and looks along the lines of this guy: http://www.weirdotoy...l-runnin-ralph/

On his back he's marked "Crayarts" and he's clearly just an enlarged, painted (pro not custom) version of the "Sewer Face Sam" shown in the Toypedia entry's picture of the mini collectum set. Does anyone know anything about this guy? Does he have friends his size? Any info or leads would be great!

#20 pallidmask

pallidmask

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:25 AM

Hi! I picked up a super cool large sculpt from this line, and thanks to the Toypedia entry, was able to identify the character as "Sewer Face Sam". What's weird is that I can't find documentation on his particular line... he's 5" or 6" and looks along the lines of this guy: http://www.weirdotoy...l-runnin-ralph/

On his back he's marked "Crayarts" and he's clearly just an enlarged, painted (pro not custom) version of the "Sewer Face Sam" shown in the Toypedia entry's picture of the mini collectum set. Does anyone know anything about this guy? Does he have friends his size? Any info or leads would be great!

Sound like a Collectum figure...the Collectums were figures based directly on the Weirdball trading cards. In addition to the large, painted Collectums, there were also the Mini-Collectums, small flesh-colored lrg versions of the same characters. They're pretty great.

#21 PerfectHannah

PerfectHannah

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests: Things that are gross or things that are unicorns or things that both gross and unicorns (happy day!).

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

Sound like a Collectum figure...the Collectums were figures based directly on the Weirdball trading cards. In addition to the large, painted Collectums, there were also the Mini-Collectums, small flesh-colored lrg versions of the same characters. They're pretty great.

Sounds like you nailed the thing, but I still can't find anything online about these bigger dudes. Oh well, I guess he'll just have to wait a while before I find him some friends. Thanks for the info!

#22 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

Does anyone know where the licencing rights to these are these days? I've often thought that wierdballs would be the one line I'd like to get ahold of to do something with (like maybe a line of hardhats :D) . Who was the artist for the cards?

Edited by Reccoom Kaboom, 13 July 2010 - 04:42 PM.

Posted Image

#23 pallidmask

pallidmask

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

Here is a link from the Weirdo Toys blog with a little info on the Collectum figures...well, at least one other figure. I'm always on the lookout for Weirdball stuff and these guys do pop up on ebay from time to time. They never go for much, either.

Reccomm, holy crap, that helmet is great!

Edit:[Just found a little more info at Weirdo Toys...this one has lots of pictures, too!]

Edited by pallidmask, 13 July 2010 - 08:49 PM.

#24 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:03 PM

I need one of those. :D .
'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#25 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:26 AM

[Just found a little more info at Weirdo Toys...this one has lots of pictures, too!]

Whoa, nice find! That's a great resource. (And I love his reply to the guys email. :()
Posted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com