#26 Bellatrix101

Bellatrix101

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:40 AM

[quote]General Veers Posted Today, 06:17 PM
QUOTE(doc_moore_j @ Jul 12 2007, 12:05 PM)
I was just thinking about this. Why was this guy taking offers anyways? Craigslist from what I understand is just like a classified ad, not an auction site. If he posted it for whatever price, whoever approched him should have got it for that price, unless I suppose a hundred people contacted him in a short time, then maybe. Thats odd.

That's what I was thinking. If this guy put it on Craig's list, then he has no idea of the value.

PLUS if I saw a SR on Craig's list, then I'd offer the guy $100 - not $800. If he doesn't know the value, then $100 seems like an awesome deal. There's no way he got a wave of offers.
[quote]

I offered him $80 to start off with saying that i usually pay £1 per figure of here (England) that would give him $80 for them plus postage.
He replied saying he had had alot of e-mails about these, one person had offered him a large sum of money $300 and he said i think there is something i am missing. I said i would beat the offer. The next e-mail i got off him someone had told him he had a rare m.u.s.c.l.e figure in there and he said he would take the highest offer!!
After a couple of days he told me someone called craig had offered him $600 for them and that's when i gave him my final offer!
I would have gone higher than that but he didn't have paypal and i couldn't risk anymore than that as i wouldn't have been covered if he ran off with my money :unsure:

Edited by Bellatrix101, 12 July 2007 - 09:45 AM.

Always looking for m.u.s.c.l.e figures for my colour collection. If you can help please pm me. Thank you

http://www.muscledb....list.cgi?mid=86

#27 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:07 AM

Just to clarify, I wasn't questioning you Bella, just think its wierd that the guy was taking offers period. How did the listing read? Did it say make me an offer? Or did it say something like Muscle lot $100. Know what I mean? I dont understand how he got several offers on a classified type listing.

#28 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:12 AM

There seem to be a lot of non-board member MUSCLE collectors out there. MUSCLEs have been selling consistently well on eBay since I've been collecting post-childhood -- about 7 years, and there are maybe only 4-5 board members who actively collect MUSCLEs... they are certainly not the ones buying all the hundreds of MUSCLEs on eBay each week. Case in point, Satan Cross has been selling at $40-50 since I began collecting in 2000. I'm not sure how long he had been selling that high, but it's not just board members buying them. Also, I knew about Tortle's page for a year or two before I even knew about this forum. I think there are plenty of "hard core" MUSCLE collectors who aren't members here. Have you seen the list of collections of the MUSCLE DB lately? (And my MUSCLE archive gets plenty of hits on a regular, daily basis.)

I understand what Kevin M. is saying about someone wanting to own a SR but not being a member of this forum, but just based on experience, I know that's not the case for every collector. I know several Cheap Toys collectors (and collectors of other toy lines) who spend big $$$ on the rare figures, yet never share so much as a picture with the online community. Some people are purely into collecting for collecting's sake, they don't care to interact with other collectors, nor share their collection.

Finally, yet another MUSCLE SR from Part 21 (which Arforbes predicted would happen years ago!) and from the North East none-the-less! Is it safe to say SRs from Part 21 and the North East are no longer a coincidence -- or not? (I really TRULY believe that the SR are the result of malfunctioning molds that just couldn't handle MUSCLE plastic... but that's just my fav theory.)

Anyhow, it's really cool news and it keeps the hobby alive and well! I think we can be sure without a shadow of a doubt, that there are MORE out there... lurking.

:unsure:

(Also, I have checked CL several times for Cheap Toys, but never thought to check for MUSCLEs, haha. Oh, yeah, and Doc is gay and has small hands.)

Edited by Soupie, 12 July 2007 - 10:18 AM.

Posted Image

#29 Bellatrix101

Bellatrix101

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:42 AM

doc_moore_j Posted Today, 07:07 PM
Just to clarify, I wasn't questioning you Bella, just think its wierd that the guy was taking offers period. How did the listing read? Did it say make me an offer? Or did it say something like Muscle lot $100. Know what I mean? I dont understand how he got several offers on a classified type listing.

The title said "muscle men figures from the 1980's $10"

$10 can you belive that. I wish. I kinda got the idea there was alot of people e mailing him about these.

More than one of BHS and SHA have been found but does any one think there could be more of the other SR's such as BE or this one Robinmask's father?

I for one, hope so :unsure:
Always looking for m.u.s.c.l.e figures for my colour collection. If you can help please pm me. Thank you

#30 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:59 AM

doc_moore_j Posted Today, 07:07 PM

The title said "muscle men figures from the 1980's $10"

$10 can you belive that. I wish. I kinda got the idea there was alot of people e mailing him about these.

More than one of BHS and SHA have been found but does any one think there could be more of the other SR's such as BE or this one Robinmask's father?

I for one, hope so :unsure:

I for sure think so. Why would only one be made? I think they were cancelled early in the procduction of the fleshies or made and then pulled when Mattel chose which ones they wanted for the poster. But surely some had to have been overlooked or slipped past the radar and went into Muscle packaging. Some got out! Surely there are more, it just takes time for them to be found as people sell them off over the years.
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#31 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:26 AM

There seem to be a lot of non-board member MUSCLE collectors out there. MUSCLEs have been selling consistently well on eBay since I've been collecting post-childhood -- about 7 years, and there are maybe only 4-5 board members who actively collect MUSCLEs... they are certainly not the ones buying all the hundreds of MUSCLEs on eBay each week. Case in point, Satan Cross has been selling at $40-50 since I began collecting in 2000. I'm not sure how long he had been selling that high, but it's not just board members buying them. Also, I knew about Tortle's page for a year or two before I even knew about this forum. I think there are plenty of "hard core" MUSCLE collectors who aren't members here. Have you seen the list of collections of the MUSCLE DB lately? (And my MUSCLE archive gets plenty of hits on a regular, daily basis.)

I understand what Kevin M. is saying about someone wanting to own a SR but not being a member of this forum, but just based on experience, I know that's not the case for every collector. I know several Cheap Toys collectors (and collectors of other toy lines) who spend big $$$ on the rare figures, yet never share so much as a picture with the online community. Some people are purely into collecting for collecting's sake, they don't care to interact with other collectors, nor share their collection.

I still find all of this hard to believe.

There are “MUSCLE collectors” that over pay for figures and lots and then disappear. Swoodington anyone? Now I’m not saying that he doesn’t collect, but have you seen him turn up on eBay?

MUSCLE will continually have an influx of new collectors paying too much, or getting overly excited for a brief time. But you see people disappear from the hobby just as quickly. ToyMan or Wraith ring any bells?

I’ve sold a fair amount of MUSCLE stuff on eBay and the hits rarely go over 100, and maybe a dozen watchers at most. It simply doesn’t compare that to current Transformers auction I have going. My point is that I could see something like this happening with Transformers and Craig’s list, but not MUSCLE and Craig’s list.

Unless those emails came from our board, after this thread started, then I can’t believe it. MUSCLE isn’t a big enough hobby to support multiple people identifying a SR in a Craig’s list classified ad.

#32 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:36 AM

I still think it was Philly.

#33 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:41 PM

I’ve sold a fair amount of MUSCLE stuff on eBay and the hits rarely go over 100, and maybe a dozen watchers at most.

It could just depend on the auctions and what people are looking for at that time. I haven't listed more than a handful of M.U.S.C.L.E. lots but when I post Kinkeshi listings it's rare that I DON'T reach 20-25 watchers and 150 hits. Maybe it's just a difference in that they were never readily available over here but it still shows that a lot of people out there are interested in this line as only a few of the bidders seem to be people from the forum.
-Barry

#34 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:09 PM

You know we can constantly speculate on the details, but the fact is we will all know the truth when Alex updates his signature. :unsure: I'm just joshin you Alex. :D

Posted Image

#35 rafael

rafael

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:57 PM

You know we can constantly speculate on the details, but the fact is we will all know the truth when Alex updates his signature. :unsure: I'm just joshin you Alex. :D

one of the joys of this is to imagine :D

#36 Kevin Mayle

Kevin Mayle

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:00 PM

Actually, I have seen this behavior before in all kinds of collecting fields. I've found people that will buy something rare for tons of money, keep it a secret and hide it away. Providing no photographic evidence of it and not letting anyone know anything about it. Then I'll find hundreds of collectors trying to find out if that item even exists and not able to get any info. I've seen it in collectors of original art and rare film, but I'm sure it can happen with toys too. I think it's very strange.

#37 rafael

rafael

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:10 PM

Actually, I have seen this behavior before in all kinds of collecting fields. I've found people that will buy something rare for tons of money, keep it a secret and hide it away. Providing no photographic evidence of it and not letting anyone know anything about it. Then I'll find hundreds of collectors trying to find out if that item even exists and not able to get any info. I've seen it in collectors of original art and rare film, but I'm sure it can happen with toys too. I think it's very strange.

i agree...i always hink that one of the fun parts of collecting is showing off :unsure:

no, really, i like to show my colection to others...seems very odd to think the oposite

#38 Chogokin Jawa

Chogokin Jawa

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:30 PM

I fully agree with you. Here in France, a bunch of collectors never share pics of their collections, which are most of the time full of rarities and pieces that could, as you said, provide tons of information to the community. Actually there are 2 trends in this part of "shadow collectors" : the ones who fear to be annoyed and flooded by messages ("do you sell it ? etc..) or just fear...to be stolen (burglary, etc..). So they unfortunately prefer to remain in the shadow. Even if I am a newbie in the M.U.S.C.LE. / Keshi World, I easily can understand your frustration. The point is not to know who is the owner but just to be able to have a strong evidence that this figure is a M.U.S.C.L.E. one :unsure:

#39 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:11 PM

Guys i will be posting pics as soon as i get it.I own it,It was me all along. :D :unsure: :D

:D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#40 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts
  • Interests:I'm all about mono mini sculpts! , I also like long walks on the beach and wearing G-Strings in the privacy of my home.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:14 PM

Guys i will be posting pics as soon as i get it.I own it,It was me all along. :D :unsure: :D

:D

STOP LYING TO THE PEOPLE.

SORRY guys I dont own it I was just kidding.but i wish i had it :D

#41 Satan+

Satan+

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars , MOTU , M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:26 PM

I still think it was Alex.

#42 Satan+

Satan+

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:28 PM

I still think it was Alex.

Or maybe Yapiel...

#43 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:12 PM

Nope. Mr. T

Posted Image

#44 Satan+

Satan+

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

Nope. Mr. T

Are you sure about this?

#45 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:53 PM

You know, It surely could be Mr.T.

As far as stuff about them shady shadow collectors. I don't show off any of my collections to the boards. Aside from my muscles or whatnot, but Not because I have anything rare in my collection, or fear of people bugging me about it. Instead I don't share my collections with anyone, cause it's just for me! That's right! I'm a selfish collector. I try to only collect things that I think I will enjoy, and not because I want to amass a huge collection of something to show it off. I very much enjoy walking into my room and looking at my displays. In fact I try not to even let people I know face to face see my room. It's just for me and only me, and it's nobody's business what I have and how it looks. :D Now if you don't mind I'm gonna go play with my new super rare muscle all by myself. :unsure:

Posted Image

#46 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

bump....

Anyone here get this as i am growing sad with each passing day not being able to see more pics ;)
I know someone here has it so Alex please post more pics of your new Super Rare. ;)
please :D

#47 Bellatrix101

Bellatrix101

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

meatcutta78 Posted Today, 08:00 PM
bump....

Anyone here get this as i am growing sad with each passing day not being able to see more pics
I know someone here has it so Alex please post more pics of your new Super Rare.
please

I've E-mailed the seller twice asking him about it but he has gone quiet on me ;)

I can't believe whoever brought this isn't shouting it from the roof tops and proud of their new buy.

Maybe it was Kinkeshi after all. I hope not but either way its really disappointing

#48 Reccoom Kaboom

Reccoom Kaboom

I'm back! And I brought my back with me!

• Legends
  • 917 posts
  • Interests:Taking old toys and making them new again.
    Staying motivated artisticly, creatively.
    Keeping my XboX360 addiction under controll.
    Putting my surplus M.U.S.C.L.E.s in trades of other toylines.
    Talking like Tom Waits more often.
    Getting that Y/S N*T tattooed big n' bold accross my back.
    Having my dentist build me some new permanent fangs.

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:06 PM

maybe they've been grounded after thier mom (or wife) found out how much they spent...
Posted Image

#49 meatcutta78

meatcutta78

Im a M.U.S.C.L.E head.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2479 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:18 PM

maybe they've been grounded after thier mom (or wife) found out how much they spent...

:lol: ;)
this is a posibility.

#50 Satan+

Satan+

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

Well, there are 40 days since the new Super Rare was found and we do not know who is the lucky owner. Or I missed something?
Anyone?
I think it´s time John Karis update his amazing SR session.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com