34 replies to this topic

#1 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:00 PM

I am currently in the market for a mint, complete Robo Force Maxx Steele. I came across an auction featuring Maxx and Blazer in boxes, and decided to contact the seller to try to negotiate a fair price. The following is our exchange:

Dear Dealer,

The market for vintage Robo Force has never been that high. Even boxed figures rarely go for more than $40. With condition issues I would be interested in Maxx for about $30-35 shipping included. I have no interest in Blazer, but he goes for a little more. A boxed Maxx recently went for $25. I would happily pay a fair market price for Maxx if you're interested.

- Krangala

Dear Krangala,

The one thing I don't do is sell and pay fees and end up with a few dollars.....I am selling to make a few bucks and it is amazing how 1 will say x isn't worth y and then somebody comes and pays asking price......I keep items in for a month or 2 and if not sold take them out box them and sent to my nephew up North that does flea markets and to him $25 with no fees or shipping is a gift.or I hold them and he will get it all when we kick......so no I won't break up the 2 now if a person offered $65 and paid shipping no doubt would take that ......but no can't sell and ship for your offer or i gave it away....sorry. Someday they will be worth alot maybe not for 20 years but somebody like nephew 30 years old...at 50 he will make sweet bucks from his aunt and uncles toys left to him

- Dealer

Dear Dealer,

Good luck.

I, as a dealer myself don't have the space or time to wait decades for a return on my investment, especially when an interested party is offering a reasonable amount based on current market trends. But if you would rather show it off than sell it, I'll wait for a seller with a little more willingness to negotiate a fair price.

As for 'x is worth y' please do a completed listing for Max Steele and you'll see the one that went for $25 in the box, because it sold last Saturday. I would have bought that one but I was out of town.

I look forward to seeing if yours sell. And I honestly wish you the best of luck. But In my opinion, you're currently asking about twice the going rate.

Twenty years from now, the people who are interested in these toys will have moved on. The time to sell is now. 70s toys are a waning market because everybody is moving to 80s toys. But 80s toys like Robo Force are niche, and the interest will wane when trends shift to 90s toys. But I cannot force you to come down, but I do implore you to research the going rate. A mint in Mint box robot goes for less than your mint in damaged box examples. Which are no doubt very nice (I am a loose collector, so package condition has little bearing on my decision to buy).

Again, best of luck. My offer stands and if you decide to come down on price I'll take a look. Hope you get a fair price!

- Krangala

Dear Krangala,

FYI not a dealer was for 45 years.............christ I am 70 years old I should care if a stupid robot sells? If I get $$$$ yeah why not but give them away I would rather have nephew get them or good will..I hate packing and shipping I hate selling I LOVE money and BUYING am an antique hoarder so have to sell some junk but not give it the F away........worked with guys like you for too many years.......oh collector my butt........buy all........sure for penny on the dollar and then list for 100 times what you paid........all those big toy dealers on ebay I knew back in the 1980's and 1990's........I was more into custom and sold all over the world when guys loved a replica of a $1,000 Capt Action BUT you are too young to remember or know what the good times were........have fun sell for pennies buy for less but don't jump my butt............been there done that and finished with please the masses..............bullcrap on that.

- Dealer

Dear Dealer,

I am a collector and a dealer. This would go in my personal collection. But not to worry. I'll have one just as nice long before anybody even thinks about buying yours for twice as much.

- Krangala

Dear Krangala,

Like I said the money is nothing, I ended the listings am taking them to Goodwill tomorrow and glad to be rid of ALL of them.....if you had offered 22 each and taken all and sold for who cares what I would have taken it but par for the course with you young people you just had to insult so............what the hell just another grand expierence on the new ebay.....I am chatting with a guy that remembers my "glory" days when I made and sold custom Action Figures in a publication not the hell hole internet which I hate but shitty new world steers people like goats and they go where big boys tell them.........like you. There is no value on anything it is what a person is willing to pay..........this world is a sick joke and never thought I would be glad to be old but am now in this sick disgusting ignorant world that makes a person nasty like it has to me......pitiful

- Dealer

#2 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:06 PM

Damn, dude  :blink:

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#3 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

Haha, straight up crazy there.

#4 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:10 PM

Yeah, it just kept getting weirder. I checked the listings for Robo Force and the auction was no longer up, I thought he sold them, and was gonna message him to concede that I was wrong, but they weren't in the completed listings. A few minutes later, he messaged me and told me he pulled them effectively cutting off his nose to spite his face.

#5 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

The truth is, these figures ARE under valued. The rarest figure to ever surface sold for only $25!

But I'm not gonna pay more than they're worth simply because I feel they should be more valuable. Supply and demand.

#6 CaffeineSanta

CaffeineSanta

Formerly Be9ine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., M.U.S.C.L.E.Super Rares, giant lots of M.U.S.C.L.E.

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

Definitely sounds like some old curmudgeon.

Like coffee? I roast for a living! Check it out at caffepacori.com
Ask me about trading coffee for your spare M.U.S.C.L.E.S.! I'll take most, regardless of condition :D

#7 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

Yup.

I have dealt with enough of his kind to know they won't listen to reason. I'm probably better off not even dealing with him at all.

#8 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

Sounds like this guy killed himself holding some toys to spite you. I don't know why he even replied in the first place.

if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#9 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

The thing is, he accomplished nothing. He DIDN'T spite me, because I'd never have paid what he was asking in the first place.

All he had to say was 'no' and that would've been the end of it.

The only person he hurt was himself, because I'm gonna keep looking until I DO find the toy.

#10 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

Back in my day, everything was peachy keen and we had typewriters and nobody talked back to their elders. And of course just ignore all the bad stuff like even more virulent racism, sexism, and just about every other kind of "-ism".

I hope when I get that old, I don't whitewash the past and pretend everything was awesome. And if I do, I hope some young buck slaps me in the face with the trout of logic.  

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#11 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:11 PM

I was raised by an old hippie. I run zero risk of ever becoming that guy.

#12 SubwayRats

SubwayRats

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

I have to say this was funnier then the conversations I hear at small shows in the area..

#13 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:28 PM

It's like the market with old radio premiums.

Sure, some are worth hundreds, or thousands.

But who's buying?

It's an extremely limited market, and it is a BUYER's Market.

#14 Jesse

Jesse

They should really get a breathalyzer on thi site

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts
  • Interests:Fistful of power, Universe of violence and random odds and ends...

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:06 AM

Kind of funny how old poeple can be so rude. Just earlier today my classmate was drving his...moped car i think tis called... but anyway some lady that drove her bike by him gave him the middle finger and he was like wtf. :D

#15 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:27 AM

hE368A04D.png

#16 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

That is a perfect illustration of the topic!

#17 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:21 PM

Heh, he didn't donate them to goodwill. He's got them listed on another site, significantly cheaper.

Still high for damaged boxed items, but if you've been looking a while with no luck, they might be tempting.

Still not buying, but funny that he'd lie to me just to spite me.

Thought about contacting him through the new site because my username's the same, but I've already got the high ground. No need to salt the wound, or continue with applicable metaphors.

#18 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:19 PM

I prefer to throw salt in the wound, then lather them with honey before placing them bound on an ant hill. But to each their own...

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#19 Krangala

Krangala

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:08 AM

The thing is, I've already won a fight I didn't even want in the first place. He knows he's a liar, and I know he's a liar. The only thing I could do is let him know I know he's a liar, but I'd rather invest that energy in the thrill of the hunt as opposed to a petty spat.

Maybe after I finally claim my prize. Long before anybody considers buying his.

Edited by Krangala, 10 September 2014 - 12:09 AM.

#20 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

The thing is, I've already won a fight I didn't even want in the first place. He knows he's a liar, and I know he's a liar. The only thing I could do is let him know I know he's a liar, but I'd rather invest that energy in the thrill of the hunt as opposed to a petty spat.

Maybe after I finally claim my prize. Long before anybody considers buying his.

I understand your position. I am just more petty than you lol. 

#21 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

Throw the salt!!!!!!

#22 TMAN

TMAN

M.U.S.C.L.E. HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:Anything M.U.S.C.L.E. TMNT. NKE 6.0 Mutants. Customs!

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

Throw the salt!!!!!!

sorry! They really need to spread the pos and neg a little further apart.
th_fdfc5f0f35daf26c472dce86f63f9f9e.jpg

#23 TMAN

TMAN

M.U.S.C.L.E. HUNTER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:Anything M.U.S.C.L.E. TMNT. NKE 6.0 Mutants. Customs!

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

I thought it was funney that he went on and on about giving them to his family, than he goes and gives them to goodwill.
th_fdfc5f0f35daf26c472dce86f63f9f9e.jpg

#24 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

See, if you can't enjoy your toys... why?  We all know they're not a good investment unless you have a lightning-fast sense of the market.

Demon's Chronicle figures are genuinely rare and can be worth a pretty penny.  So I collect them.  What do I do with my HIGHLY PRI$ED C@LLECTIBLES!!11?

88EE193D-84A6-47C5-872E-FA53709612FB.jpg

Oh.  I enjoy them.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 TheRiddler

TheRiddler

????????????

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2357 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

sorry! They really need to spread the pos and neg a little further apart.

ha! its all good!

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com