150 replies to this topic

#1 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

Former Resident Song Translator & Self-Proclaimed Freelancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:31 AM

If you are looking for Kawaii Kenni's Kinnikuman song translations, they are no longer on LittleRubberGuys forums. Due to what people will doubtless call "drama", or "politics", I have decided I have had enough of being called a thief, and I am sick of it happening every so often when people seem bored. My work is mine, and since people have a hard time understanding that I don't steal the work that I have spent hours on here, I don't think it should be up here any more.

Apologies to those who actually liked or appreciated my translations and didn't take them for granted, but I am sick of being the one to do work, and then get asked things like "Hey, you're a thief, right?" or "I hear you stole Kinnikuman_Muscle's work".

You may find my work still up on YouTube, but I shall not make things easier to access. Not on here.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:47 AM.

Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#2 Matto

Matto

D:<

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

The Kinnikuman Wiki could always use translated song lyrics. :)

And "Go My Boy" (Rinko, Keiko and Tamaki's song) from Nisei, please and thanks! ;D
Mantaro gasped as Kid pulled him closer, reaching for his mask.

#3 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:50 PM

Ahhh... T-This is where it gets weird. I would happily accept, had I either the song or its lyrics, but I can't find it anywhere. The ones I have readily accessible are the Generation One songs and Scramble for the Throne lyrics. I'd need to buy some of the Kinnikuman Nisei albums to get the stuff ready for translating any songs there, and that's outta the question with my money problems. ^^;;; Sowwy...

If you had any Generation One songs you wanted to see, I'd be happy to oblige, but, yeah... >>;;; Sorry I couldn't help. Though I do take your point of the Kinnikuman Wiki. That's always an idea.
Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#4 Matto

Matto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

The salution to your problem is rather simple, if not troublesome. Some users may, or may not, have the lyric jackets for the Nisei songs, including MP3s to the songs themselves. However, certain issues have arisen here and there such as lack of technology.

It's not an issue if you can't do my request. It's understandable.

#5 xxJaegersDollxx

xxJaegersDollxx

Ya Tu Sabes <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman is my favorite anime of all time! (^^)v~

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

I have a request! Could you please translate Akuma no Mougyuu (Buffaloman no Theme), please? I would appreciate it! :( If not, it's okay.

"If you continue fighting close matches without a complete KKD, Mantarto... you're probably going to die." ~Ataru Kinnikuman vol. 9

#6 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:30 PM

Without making myself seem like I'm not going to do anything myself, there's actually a translation of Buffaloman's theme on Anime Lyrics. Though, if you'd like to see me translate it too, with my interpretations and my possible translations of the speech in between verses, then that's okay. ^_~ I'll get that up and done, and you can compare it with the other translation and see which you prefer, though I'm sure it'll be the one on Anime Lyrics.

#7 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:42 AM

If you are looking for Kawaii Kenni's Kinnikuman song translations, they are no longer on LittleRubberGuys forums. Due to what people will doubtless call "drama", or "politics", I have decided I have had enough of being called a thief, and I am sick of it happening every so often when people seem bored. My work is mine, and since people have a hard time understanding that I don't steal the work that I have spent hours on here, I don't think it should be up here any more.

Apologies to those who actually liked or appreciated my translations and didn't take them for granted, but I am sick of being the one to do work, and then get asked things like "Hey, you're a thief, right?" or "I hear you stole Kinnikuman_Muscle's work".

You may find my work still up on YouTube, but I shall not make things easier to access. Not on here.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:48 AM.

#8 Meat's fan

Meat's fan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:anime

writing stories

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:44 AM

Nice translations! ;) :)

Can I also request for a translation? :D Can you translate Meat's theme, "Meatball no Meat-kun"? It's okay if you don't want to do it.

"Anger and Hatred, they cause lots of problems, yet it's hard to avoid."

#9 xxJaegersDollxx

xxJaegersDollxx

Ya Tu Sabes <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Kinnikuman is my favorite anime of all time! (^^)v~

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:06 AM

Omg, thanks so much! :) I've never used animelyric before. I've just now compared the two and I like your translation a lot better. Your translation was more depth than the other one and I really appreciate that. If you ever figure out what the speech part fully means, could you please post it? I would appreciate that too! Thank you again for your translation. ^^

"If you continue fighting close matches without a complete KKD, Mantarto... you're probably going to die." ~Ataru Kinnikuman vol. 9

#10 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:02 AM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:48 AM.

#11 KnuxieChan

KnuxieChan

German Beefcake

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1731 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

I submitted the generic romaji's to animelyrics. XD I'm not the best, I'll admit.

I did romajize some of the Nisei lyrics. I'll give you the links to where I found the original Japanese for both Nisei AND Kinnikuman lyrics.

http://www.jtw.zaq.n...niku/index.html
http://www.jtw.zaq.n...uoui/index.html
http://www.jtw.zaq.n...iku2/index.html
http://www.jtw.zaq.n...ku22/index.html
http://www.jtw.zaq.n...kuum/index.html
http://www.jtw.zaq.n...uum2/index.html

I also have Mars and Jeager's themes romajiized as well, if you'd like to try your hand at translating those too.

#12 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:30 AM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:49 AM.

#13 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:18 AM

Sorry for the double post, but, well, I can't get the news out if I don't post. ^^;;

Some of you may have noticed that after doing the Buffaloman one, I've not been putting up any other translations. Partly that's due to no requests, other than that. Well, I tell a lie, there were some other ones made, though they were mostly Nisei related or ones I had already been working on.

However! I have an announcement to make. I'm currently working on two "projects" so to speak. I call them "projects", they're more "playlists" if anything. I'm grouping songs together and releasing them together, based on the characters they're about and links between these characters. For instance, one that is easy to guess by the name is:

- "Lehrer und Student"

Pretty easy to guess who those two will be.

However, another one I'm planning to release together, "The Buster Generations", a little harder to guess the connection.

If requested, I may do simpler ones like "The Six Devil Knights", but, yeah...

That was basically all I had to say.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 19 April 2009 - 10:19 AM.

#14 Stecase King

Stecase King

Better than the otter

• Legends
  • 778 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 12:22 PM

However, another one I'm planning to release together, "The Buster Generations", a little harder to guess the connection.

Ashuraman and Mars.
Posted Image

#15 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:56 AM

Of course, "little" only meant a "margin of less than 0.005mm", but, yes, Asuraman and Mars.

#16 Jenny

Jenny

i'm tired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:11 AM

I really need to check other topics in this forum. Those lyrics are awesome! Do you think you could translate Akuma Shogun's theme?

ZObY.png

#17 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:51 AM

As I'm feeling cheerful after that compliment, then yes, I will. ^^ Plus, listening to it at this very moment make me want to. I'll see what "playlist" I can put it into. I can certainly think of ONE I can put it in, that links him to some other characters.

#18 A-Log

A-Log

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

I know this might be a bit of a stretch, but could you translate Good Luck Rival? It's one of my favorites and I've been meaning to sing it in English for some time now.

Thanks in advance,
Anthony "A-Log" LoGatto

#19 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:00 AM

Sure thing. It'll be a little easier, since that song has no speaking parts to try and pick out and translate. I'll have that done, as soon as some of the others are done.

As a note, I can't promise that the songs'll come out in any order of first-come-first-serve. Some songs I've already started, you see, and some I had started, before the requests, so the order of translated songs will be jumbled.

#20 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nÂș 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Anything that remembers Kinnikuman, and Bo-bobo

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

Can anyone do Trust Yourself from Kinnikuman Nisei? The video is csbopol chanel's

#21 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:50 AM.

#22 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 06:50 AM.

#23 Matto

Matto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:08 PM

So...amazing. ;)

Here are some of my requests, mostly Nisei. If you can't do them, that is understandable.

- Go My Boy! (Rinko, Keiko and Tamaki's theme)
- Karubi-Don 2nd song (with the entire Nisei cast)

#24 Aelia

Aelia

Spess Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

Ah, what the hey, I'll give this requesting thing a shot. I really like your translations since you do add in little tidbits on what certain words or phrases mean, and I just find that to be really neat, if not educational.

Anyway, I'd like to request Tamashii no Otakebi since it's one of my favorite songs on Kinnikuman Choujin Daizenshu.

#25 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:33 AM

Aelia-san, you're in luck, as that song happens to be quite simple, and I've half-way done that one already.

Meanwhile, Matto, if I can find the actual Kanji for that song somewhere, I definitely will do "Go My Boy", as it sounds like a good one to do. Though I'm pretty sure I can find the Karubi-don song. So I'll put them in the waiting list, and when some other songs are gone, they'll be my first priority, particularly "Go My Boy", if I can find it, as you were my first request, anyway.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com