#1 MEANWill

MEANWill

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Collecting figures

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:09 PM

Hey what's up guys. I just joined tonight. A friend told me about this site. I want to get a complete set of the battle beast with weapons and this seems like the right place to start. I always wanted these figures back in '86. I had the wood beetle playset that came with Rocky Rhino(I still have the figure), but that was it. I gota few more figures at a flea market for $.25 each. Oddly enough I noticed that the Rocky Rhino figure I got with my playset was paired with the incorrect weapon. Is that something that happened regularly in this line?

Attached Files

#2 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:23 PM

Welcome to the board, man!

The weapon the rhino is holding actually goes with the boar fig standing next to him.

There is a complete 1-76 set of beasts, plus several of the variant figs, and all three playsets being sold by one of our members right now, on ebay.
If you don't mind dropping $1800 on it!

#3 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:47 PM

I gota few more figures at a flea market for $.25 each.

Welcome!  Was this recently?  That is amazing!  I'd pay 25 cents for a chewed up beast with one leg!  Haha -- shipping included.  :)

If you don't mind dropping $1800 on it!

Man, do you think he would take 13% off if buying direct?  That is the ebay cut and the paypal cut -- a savings of $234!

#4 MEANWill

MEANWill

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:26 PM

Thanks for the welcomes. That weapon is for gruesome gator, but looks a lot like the boars weapon (which I need). Really strange that it came packaged with rocky rhino. Must have been an error.

The flea market was in 2010. I paid $.75 for the other 3 figures without weapons.

$1800 for a complete set! My pockets aren't that deep. I'd like to collect them in small lots of individually.

Edited by MEANWill, 14 July 2015 - 11:29 PM.

#5 mca19

mca19

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Battle Beasts/Laser Beasts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:33 AM

Yeah I hear that seller is a jerk.... 

It's for a guy I helped start a set for on here about 1.5 years ago.  He left the boards but saw me sell my spare set and wanted to try his out.  He only has 24 feedback on ebay so he thinks I'll get more offers with my better ratings.  Short story is he needs the cash for his kids instead of the toys so he's selling all those spares and then the full set.  If anyone is interested I'll give you his bottom pricing.  $1800 is a huge markup do to free overseas shipping and ebay/paypal fees.  He's hoping to walk away with around $1200 after shipping costs.  Still steep since it will be $1200 + shipping but better than $1800 and much better than just 13% off.  But that's where he asked me to start it off at.  Given he isn't on these boards anymore I hope I don't get yelled at but I want to be fair and that's his bottom pricing. 

The other figures in those 3 lots I have are like $2.50-4 plus shipping depending on what you want.  He had a bunch of lower 12 lasers but someone already claimed most of them off me.  I may be able to knock him down to free shipping but I think on those, that's actually the prices he paid.   

MEANwill, I'll message you my thoughts but small lots will kill your overall pricing.  The best thing to do is buy bulk and resell.  I've helped a lot of guys out (hopefully someone will back me) and it always ends up lower than their budget if they're willing to buy large lots, take a few pieces and resell the others.  Buying a couple at a time saves you the spares and headaches of reselling, but you'll pay more in the long run.  But that's just my 2 cents.  And how much it costs just depends on the current market.  After watching reopened series 3 packs sell for $200, who knows what a set is worth these days. 

Edited by mca19, 15 July 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#6 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:40 AM

I will vouch for MCA19 any day.

He's a top-notch dude, and one of the easiest to deal with, most fair, straight up good guys that I have dealt with on LRG.

#7 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

I totally back mca19 and came here to point you in his direction.

He's sold me a majority of my collection and found them for better prices than anyone else on this board will dare to offer. He's a real legit dude.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#8 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:04 AM

The best thing to do is buy bulk and resell.  I've helped a lot of guys out (hopefully someone will back me) and it always ends up lower than their budget if they're willing to buy large lots, take a few pieces and resell the others.  Buying a couple at a time saves you the spares and headaches of reselling, but you'll pay more in the long run. 

wanted to echo this sentiment; I made the mistake of buying a lot of individual when I was finishing up my 1-76 set a few years ago but did this with the majority of my LB purchases and it really does pay off in the end. You won't have a problem reselling unless you get greedy.

I will vouch for MCA19 any day. He's a top-notch dude, and one of the easiest to deal with, most fair, straight up good guys that I have dealt with on LRG.

^^^^^

Edited by bachamn, 15 July 2015 - 10:06 AM.

#9 TinyPink

TinyPink

Vengeful Ghost of Bubba Ritter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1551 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

I totally back mca19 and came here to point you in his direction.

He's sold me a majority of my collection and found them for better prices than anyone else on this board will dare to offer. He's a real legit dude.

Yup, got a real great head start from him and Optimus.  

Best of luck with your set!  

Welcomed currency:  Rubber Uglies, rubber monsters, jigglers, vinyl monsters, Arco monsters, Imperial monsters, fish cans....

#10 MEANWill

MEANWill

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:41 AM

Excellent guys! Thanks for chiming in. I appreciate the help.

#11 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:00 PM

I have a ton of extras for sale. Message me and I can help fill in your collection with a budget in mind

#12 MEANWill

MEANWill

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:16 PM

Thanks man! I'd love to check out what you've got.

#13 Flashbax

Flashbax

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Head writer/editor for ToyRobot Magazine

Owner at Flashbax Toy Store

Transformers, Transforming robots, Godzilla, Dino Riders, D&D

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:18 AM

Welcome to the fold! Of all the collecting I've done over the last 15-20 years, BBs have been one of my favorite toy lines. A great way to get going is checking the got toys/want toys/ sections and do trading (every profile has a feedback number to help assure any concerns). Another thing I use is paypal credit; allows you to make bigger purchases then pay them off slowly. Hope it all goes well for you here!

Just a dude that loves collecting

#14 MEANWill

MEANWill

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

Hi there. Thanks for the info. Good ideas. It's going great so far.

#15 retroactive80z

retroactive80z

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1237 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, Fake Battle Beasts, Custom Battle beasts.
    BATTLE BEASTS ROCK AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:08 PM

Hi welcome to LRG and to the world of BB it's great fun.

I all ways found buying large mixed lots on eBay and relisting or trading the parts I didn't need was a good way to start.

Good luck mate.

#16 MEANWill

MEANWill

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:59 PM

You guys rock! I'm going to post a thread in the "Need toys" section for the remaining figures I need. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out. Freak'n awesome!

#17 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:07 AM

wanted to echo this sentiment; I made the mistake of buying a lot of individual when I was finishing up my 1-76 set a few years ago but did this with the majority of my LB purchases and it really does pay off in the end. You won't have a problem reselling unless you get greedy.

^^^^^

I also back this its definantly better to buy a couple at a time and just wait for stuff to turn up (It does most of the time) it's not a race ;)
This is what I did when finishing my set and Allways buy complete I don't get this whole buying figs with no weapons then buying them separate.

Edited by Edmasta, 24 July 2015 - 02:08 AM.

bbb3.jpg

#18 MEANWill

MEANWill

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:27 AM

My Battle beast collection is complete! Thanks for all the help, it's been a great experience on LRG!

#19 H23454

H23454

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:29 PM

Super cool

#20 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:09 AM

My Battle beast collection is complete! 

haha I remember the first time I said this... ;)

congrats man!

#21 Edmasta

Edmasta

#Battlebeastsbattleground

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Interests:80年代 ホラー
    GPK, Star Wars
    Neclos Fortress,
    Tattoos
    バトラーの聖剣

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:42 AM

Haha Lasers next ;)

bbb3.jpg

#22 bot3ro

bot3ro

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts - Laser Beasts - Beast Saga - Nintendo - Photography - Travel - Scuba Diving - Football

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:19 PM

Congrats mate! Great to display the whole set together.

#23 MEANWill

MEANWill

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 11:26 AM

Thanks guys! The display is looking sweet, I'll post pic's after I get all the US released laser beast. I only need 3 more. Sailon,Condorassin, and Zariganian. If anyone has these guys for sale, let me know. Thanks again for all the help.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com