8 replies to this topic

#1 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:01 PM

A dozen pegs full of Gormiti on clearance at TRU: 2pks - 1.98$, 4pks - 2.98$. Didn't catch prices on the Volcano or Morena Den playsets.

Make sure to check your local TRU.

#2 Thebrian

Thebrian

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

A dozen pegs full of Gormiti on clearance at TRU: 2pks - 1.98$, 4pks - 2.98$. Didn't catch prices on the Volcano or Morena Den playsets.

Make sure to check your local TRU.

I believe I have seen a similar deal going on at Five Below. I do not collect Gormiti but i did see them going cheap. Five Below also sells Crazy bones, old and new, and I have even seen minimates go for a low price. If you have one in your area, check it out! I would like to get to my toys'r'us soon and scope what i can.

#3 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and Gormiti.

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

Last I checked at 5 Below 4packs were $5 and 2 packs were still $5, that should have been since christmas.

#4 Toxoviper

Toxoviper

Toy Addict

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1269 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up some $1.98 2-packs.
Mountains were $19.98.

#5 TOPHER

TOPHER

Chit Happens.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • Interests:My Recording Studio, Video Games, Shelby Cobras, M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle/Laser/Greek Beasts, MIMP+WIMP, Remco Mini Mashers, Figurines holding any kind of musical instrument, Weird Ball Wrestlers......

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:51 PM

Zellers here in Canada are liquidating Series1+2
@ $3.00 for 2packs and $5.00 for 4packs.
Mountain @ $10.00 bought 2 cause one of the figs was
a much lighter shade of gold.
Needless to say I bought an S-load of 2 and 4 packs too. :yahoo:
'On Sale' or 'For Sale'. It's really the same thing! The word, 'Sale' means YOU CAN BUY IT,
not that it is discounted. We as consumers are conditioned to think"On Sale"means it's cheaper.
Posted Image

#6 LethalWhip

LethalWhip

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Transformers, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Battle Beasts, and Gormiti.

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:24 AM

Checked out 5 Below, looks like 2packs and 4packs were still $5 apiece.

This Toys R Us clearence looks like a great jumping on point for anyone who has been waiting on this line.

Too bad series 3 never materialized stateside. Although, a weird canceled GIJoe item from the 2009/10 movie line has just surfaced at a US discount retailer. If any US series 3 packaged figures do exist, they may yet see the light of day.

As an aside: I seem to recall my mom getting me Battle Beasts series 2, though I can't remember if they were boxed or carded, at a discount retailer way back when.

#7 NeonGreen

NeonGreen

toychotomy on Instagram

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for the head's up. Went to TRU today and bought every different figure they had: 14 2-packs and 5 4-packs. Total was $46 and change, which stung a bit, but I'd be kicking myself in a year or two if I didn't buy them and they look wonderful. They're my first Gormitis.

#8 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

With everyone buying up the cheap stuff, does anyone have an extra Crabs the Avenger? Didn't find one at my TRU.

#9 NeonGreen

NeonGreen

toychotomy on Instagram

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:10 PM

With everyone buying up the cheap stuff, does anyone have an extra Crabs the Avenger? Didn't find one at my TRU.

I just dug through all the packs I bought today and there were none in there, which is actually pretty surprising considering how many I bought! I may hit another TRU in a day or two. If I find one, I can certainly pick up a pack for you (exact cost + shipping and it's all yours).

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com