• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Mondo7

Mondo7

Getting back into collecting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:Rebuilding/finding my original mimp collection.

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:02 PM

I know i havent posted much yet but these turned up today and I had to show them off to people that'd appreciate them. By that I mean my wife just rolled her eyes and the guys at work ridiculed me.....

I won the lot on eBay for £16 which I think is pretty good considering the six premiums and I think a couple of rarer colours. I was determined to win it but I honestly didn't think I'd get it that cheap. Not considering how I've seen recent lots shoot up in the last minutes.

Not sure why the pics rotated

Attached Files

#2 WendyW

WendyW

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:10 PM

Nice :)

You got a good deal there.

My comics:

Gilbert and the Grim Rabbit - gilbertandgrim.com

Commander Cottontail - commandercottontail.com

#3 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:27 PM

Better check the back of that purple Jotun for a star! Haha

#4 UraHameshi

UraHameshi

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Funko Toys, Moose Toys, Vinyl Toys, Nintendo Toys, Zombie Toys.

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:11 PM

Great lot! You were very lucky :) And ignore their attitudes, if toy collecting makes you happy then thats the only thing that matters!

#5 Mondo7

Mondo7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:17 PM

Better check the back of that purple Jotun for a star! Haha

First thing I did! And no

#6 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:56 PM

Yep a solid pickup for £16. Are you going for full colour sets, or just one of each sculpt? Good to see another UK collector on here. Drop me a PM if you have any MIMP related questions.

#7 carcass

carcass

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Mini Boglins & Kaiju

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:56 PM

Nice!  :)

#8 Mondo7

Mondo7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:29 AM

Yep a solid pickup for £16. Are you going for full colour sets, or just one of each sculpt? Good to see another UK collector on here. Drop me a PM if you have any MIMP related questions.

I'm going for all colours, all sculpts from series 1 and 2. Series 3 I'll have to see how that goes, maybe just a full set lol. I also want a zombie army. I'm trying to stick to bundles so I can keep the cost of common figures under 50p and hope that a rare or premium is hiding in there somewhere.

I think I'm off to a good start so far :-D

#9 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:16 PM

I'm going for all colours, all sculpts from series 1 and 2. Series 3 I'll have to see how that goes, maybe just a full set lol. I also want a zombie army. I'm trying to stick to bundles so I can keep the cost of common figures under 50p and hope that a rare or premium is hiding in there somewhere.
I think I'm off to a good start so far :-D

I have a full colour set for series 1 and series 2 and can tell you from experience that you'll more than likely have to look on eBay France for the uncommon series 1 neons. I also have at least one sculpt from series 3 and besides the price (absolute minimum £35 each) you'll have to browse eBay Canada and America for those. Not many show up on eBay UK.

Edited by bigburty, 27 October 2016 - 12:16 PM.

#10 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:48 PM

series 3 and besides the price (absolute minimum £35 each)

I picked up an orange centaur for I believe $20USD as part of a larger trade, I guess that was a good deal? I've been curious about it for a while but have never looked into S3 MIMP prices since I'm typically not in the market for them

#11 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:25 PM

I picked up an orange centaur for I believe $20USD as part of a larger trade, I guess that was a good deal? I've been curious about it for a while but have never looked into S3 MIMP prices since I'm typically not in the market for them

Yep that's a ridiculously good deal. I'm guessing the seller had no idea what they were selling. This happens from time to time on Instagram for example - I see a pic of a figure that someone has sold for next to nothing as they don't know what they have. Then on eBay you get the other end of the scale - a bunch of chumps thinking each series 3 figure is worth £80+ :lol:

#12 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

Nice pine green Behemoth. I fell like he doesn't show up as often as the cyan.

#13 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:11 AM

Nice pine green Behemoth. I fell like he doesn't show up as often as the cyan.

I find he shows up fairly often over here, usually with the other three guys that were in the board game box with him. I'd say you can get the full set of 4 at least twice per month, if not more at times.

#14 Mondo7

Mondo7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:23 AM

Were the board game figure random or did they come in sets of one colour or the other?
Also, the box for the game shows light orange great beast and griffin but apparently they were never made in those colours

#15 Behemoth

Behemoth

Lord of Behemoths

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2918 posts
  • Interests:Collecting MIMP and playing Fantasy Baseball.

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:46 AM

Were the board game figure random or did they come in sets of one colour or the other?
Also, the box for the game shows light orange great beast and griffin but apparently they were never made in those colours

2 sets:

Pine Behemoth, Blue Tengu, Orange Kraken, Pink Triton

Blue Behemoth, Pine Tengu, Pink Kraken, Orange Triton

My MIMP Resource site: http://mimpcollective.weebly.com

Behemoth's Video Game and MIMP YouTube Page: https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

#16 Mondo7

Mondo7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:06 AM

Cheers Behemoth, maybe I'll be lucky and find them as one lot again.
What's the deal with beast and griffon tho? I'm assuming that at least one each exist in orange, unless the box art was doctored?

#17 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:08 AM

It's possible that they existed, but unless anyone finds them, then we'll never know. It's a similar story with some of the figures shown on the Cauldron box that have never been found.

#18 WendyW

WendyW

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:36 PM

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are a ton of different colour combinations that were cast that have never (officially) left the company, just to see how different figures looked in different colours when deciding what combinations would get released and how.

My comics:

Gilbert and the Grim Rabbit - gilbertandgrim.com

Commander Cottontail - commandercottontail.com

#19 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:52 PM

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are a ton of different colour combinations that were cast that have never (officially) left the company, just to see how different figures looked in different colours when deciding what combinations would get released and how.

This is why it's possible that the 3 mystery figures I have are test shots, testing colours and material. Anything is possible, proving things is often near impossible.

#20 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:16 AM

Didn't, Fede, I think buy some resin prototypes from the original sculptor and they were painted in the colors from the boardgame box cover?  I could be remembering wrong. At the very least i think he has a triton with his weapon.

#21 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:03 AM

Didn't, Fede, I think buy some resin prototypes from the original sculptor and they were painted in the colors from the boardgame box cover?  I could be remembering wrong. At the very least i think he has a triton with his weapon.

I remember him buying some but I don't know if they were the premiums colors. They might have been prototypes from the pamphlet, with standard colors. But the ones shown on the box did always looked painted to me. Especially the orange--the color doesn't seem to match how an actual orange rubber MIMP would photograph.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#22 andy53600

andy53600

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things retro. Mostly old consoles &amp; classic games such as Mortal Kombat, Doom, Duke Nukem, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Aliens etc.<br /><br />And perhaps best of all............MIMPS 'n' BOGLINS!!!

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:18 PM

Great lot! You were very lucky :) And ignore their attitudes, if toy collecting makes you happy then thats the only thing that matters!

Amen to that! :yes:

By the looks of it, you've got a couple of Mini Boglins from the "Cool Dudes" tribe that came free with Frosties. Those are relatively cheap to pick up too.

Anyway back on the MIMP topic. You got a good score there with that auction. Considering there's all 4 premium board game figures thrown in the mix, that's a REALLY cheap price. I've seen single S1 premiums go for double the price alone! :blink:

And like Burty said, it's nice to see more mini-fig collector's from our neck of the woods on here for a change. :)

#23 Mondo7

Mondo7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:42 PM

I've been getting pretty lucky with the regional colours too. These are some eBay bundles I've picked up in the last couple of weeks. Two yellow cateblepas in one lot for £8 which came in under my target of 50p per figure. I missed out on the sellers previous lot with a red kali but I wasn't too cut up about it. I bagged a bigger lot that had the neon red cateblepas and the small bundle with the skeleton. I thought the smaller bundle would get some interest but I won it for 99p. I'll be quite happy if I can carry on at this rate.
Only trouble now is the amount of time I spend on eBay checking through lots

Attached Files

#24 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:11 AM

I've been getting pretty lucky with the regional colours too. These are some eBay bundles I've picked up in the last couple of weeks. Two yellow cateblepas in one lot for £8 which came in under my target of 50p per figure. I missed out on the sellers previous lot with a red kali but I wasn't too cut up about it. I bagged a bigger lot that had the neon red cateblepas and the small bundle with the skeleton. I thought the smaller bundle would get some interest but I won it for 99p. I'll be quite happy if I can carry on at this rate.
Only trouble now is the amount of time I spend on eBay checking through lots

We've all been there and done that, scouring eBay ha! I still search daily, but just in an attempt to find that elusive final box. You've done well so far, but your success rate will slow down and your price per figure will go up once you actually start searching for the uncommon neons.

#25 Mondo7

Mondo7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:17 AM

We've all been there and done that, scouring eBay ha! I still search daily, but just in an attempt to find that elusive final box. You've done well so far, but your success rate will slow down and your price per figure will go up once you actually start searching for the uncommon neons.

I know, I figure that either my spending will go up or my collecting will drastically slow down as I look for those elusive colours in bundles.I suppose it all depends on how long I'm prepared to wait. Besides, I don't want to collect them too fast, there wouldn't be any fun in that.
I'm still counting on selling/trading my doubles, including premiums, at some point to make some money back so I'll see how that pans out.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com