9164 replies to this topic

#8076 Darkdriumx

Darkdriumx

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

Any link to see the chapter please? I always get lost in bookstore yahoo Japan.

By the way, I found by writting "Kinnikuman" in the bookstore Yahoo searcher, 4 volumes of Mantaro and friends, I can only read the preview of each one but I don't know, is it what follows after the tag team tournament in the past?

It opens up with Seuchin vs Monseuir Cheeks.

Edited by Darkdriumx, 28 September 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#8077 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

http://bookstore.yah.../shoshi-372010/

I like the Ninja with his mask on.

Edited by Evil Lord Proteus, 28 September 2014 - 11:32 AM.

#8078 Guest_TricoBren_*

Guest_TricoBren_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:54 PM

Well, there was a panel with a super big silhouetted Strong the Budo.

I don't know man, I don't think it's conclusive that silhouette is Strong the Budo.... I mean, it could be but I don't think it looks 100% like him.

The eyes are very similar though, I'll give you that...

#8079 GenericChoujin

GenericChoujin

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:All about Anime and Wrestling.

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:35 PM

Strong the Budo and Big the Budo (Neptune King) are totally different characters?

I ever wanted to understand this.  :mellow:

#8080 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

So.... let me try to figure out the last page or so.  Did that last shuriken miss?  Somehow and on Ninja's foot instead?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8081 shino619

shino619

SteCase King fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

I think Strong the Budo was on that panel, along with the other perfect origins, because he may be the last to show up as one of them, and that would be in line with what was said during Pshychoman vs Planetman fight by the summoned perfects.

Now about the shuriken, I think it was on purpose, and he wants to deliver a fatal blow with a shuriken on his foot.

Posted Image

Love Bomber HARMONY HARMONY oh love

#8082 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

Then he should realize never to pause your ultimate move during a chapter break.  That's just suicidal.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8083 Guest_TricoBren_*

Guest_TricoBren_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

I think Strong the Budo was on that panel, along with the other perfect origins, because he may be the last to show up as one of them, and that would be in line with what was said during Pshychoman vs Planetman fight by the summoned perfects.

Now about the shuriken, I think it was on purpose, and he wants to deliver a fatal blow with a shuriken on his foot.

Aah, now that you mention it, that's a pretty plausible possiblity. We know that the merciful God is Chojin Enma but if it's revealed that he's also Strong the Budo that would be pretty cool.

As for the shurikens, the first batch he throws were actually "Air shurikens" but the last one he attaches to his foot is actually a real steel one.

And yeah, I think he looks badass with his mask pulled up too!

Edited by TricoBren, 29 September 2014 - 12:05 AM.

#8084 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:59 AM

My latest crazy theory is that Nemesis is Silverman. The fevered dreams of a mad man!

#8085 bigladiesman

bigladiesman

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Many, but I consider myself to be the only guy in the world who admires two Atarus.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:39 PM

Anyone knows what's with The Ninja and Brockenman? Has the blood brothership they shared with Ataru, Buffaloman and Ashuraman been severed? (Why am I asking that if I know that at the moment it IS severed but it will return, at least until Ashuraman turns completely out of his mind on Nisei...). And why Brocken looks so proud and happy at the end?

Edited by bigladiesman, 02 October 2014 - 07:40 PM.

Posted Image

El Show de la sopa de bou!

Sóc molt fort i el meu nom és Musculator, menjo molta carn perquè m'agraaaaaadaaaaaa MOLT!!!

#8086 Guest_TricoBren_*

Guest_TricoBren_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:14 AM

Anyone knows what's with The Ninja and Brockenman? Has the blood brothership they shared with Ataru, Buffaloman and Ashuraman been severed? (Why am I asking that if I know that at the moment it IS severed but it will return, at least until Ashuraman turns completely out of his mind on Nisei...). And why Brocken looks so proud and happy at the end?

Nah they're still cool I think. The reason why The Ninja was being so cold to Brockenman is because he wants to fight (and win) as one of 6 Devil knights. The reason Brockenman was smiling was  because he finally realized that due to the philosphy of the devil chojin, only they are willing to do what is necessary to stop the perfect origins. Kill them.  He was smiling because he realized that the devil chojin are fighting the perfect origins to that the justice chojin don't have to face the impossible dilemma of having to finish them off....

does that make sense? I've had a few drinks this evening... 

Edited by TricoBren, 03 October 2014 - 05:15 AM.

#8087 Prometheus13

Prometheus13

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

New chapter's up. At this point, I'm starting to think that it'll be a draw.

#8088 Evil Lord Proteus

Evil Lord Proteus

Akuma Chojin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:09 AM

http://bookstore.yah.../shoshi-373796/

I'm a bit confused, did Crowman get stabbed by The Ninja or not?

#8089 AtarusMuscleSpark

AtarusMuscleSpark

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:07 AM

Just to clearify, his name is "Brocken Jr." Brockenman was his father, who was brutally killed by Ramenman.

And damn, that was a brutal attack by Crowman, it was his Perfect move, so SOMEONE PLEAAAASE TRANSLATE IT

Jojo-Banner-2.png

#8090 Guest_TricoBren_*

Guest_TricoBren_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

http://bookstore.yah.../shoshi-373796/

I'm a bit confused, did Crowman get stabbed by The Ninja or not?

Yes he did take that Shuriken to the gut but he remarks that, like his crow beak narrowly missed the Ninja's vital organs, so too did the Ninja's attack so he was able carry on fighting.

Just to clearify, his name is "Brocken Jr." Brockenman was his father, who was brutally killed by Ramenman.

And damn, that was a brutal attack by Crowman, it was his Perfect move, so SOMEONE PLEAAAASE TRANSLATE IT

And yes you're quite right. Of course we all know its Brocken Jr! Not sure why I wrote Brockenman - probably because the person I was replying to did and I followed suit without thinking! Doh!

As for Karasuman's perfect move, it's a little tricky to translate succinctly but I would probably call it "Crow prey impaler".  A few panels before, Karasuman explains that butcher-type birds (百舌鳥 / mozu) have a custom of impaling their prey on twigs or thorns for later consumption (this act in Japanese is referred to as 早贄 / hayanie).

So, the move is Crow-impale prey for later consumption-stab (鴉の早贄刺し)

...which  sounds really long winded which is why I would simply translate it as "Crow prey impaler"!

Hope that helps!!

EDIT: Just in case anybody was wondering what other moves Karasuman uses in this chapter, we saw "Crow beak", "Peacock feather slicer", and "Crow beak scissors"!

On a side note, I think the Ninja isn't gonna survive this one. Karasuman is badass. Definitely a fan of him I must admit!

Edited by TricoBren, 05 October 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#8091 AtarusMuscleSpark

AtarusMuscleSpark

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:43 AM

From my digging around, I find that they refer to it as mozu no hayanie, something like "the shirke's Sacrifice" so I will refer to the move as "Crow Sacrifical Impalement" Sounds cool to me. d:

Jojo-Banner-2.png

#8092 Guest_TricoBren_*

Guest_TricoBren_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:29 PM

From my digging around, I find that they refer to it as mozu no hayanie, something like "the shirke's Sacrifice" so I will refer to the move as "Crow Sacrifical Impalement" Sounds cool to me. d:

Its funny that you interpret it like that because that's how I first read it too! However, when I consulted my dictionary, I discovered the word "Hayanie" is a word pretty much exclusively used for the practice of prey hoarding by predatory birds. As such, it's not really a sacrifice of any kind. Much like a squirrel gathers acorns for later consumption, some predatory birds do the same with their catches. To me, the word "sacrifice" carries with it the meaning of giving something to a higher power. In this case that's not really the intent as its a word used to indicate storing away and eating later so I decided to not use the word when I attempted to translated  the move.

Translating these kind of things can be a real pain at times but everyone has their own interpretation which is why I find it so interesting! If you feel "Crow Sacrificial impalement" works better for you, then roll with it! 

#8093 AtarusMuscleSpark

AtarusMuscleSpark

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:35 PM

Translations are always hard because a work can have multiple or no meanings in other languages. I know that there's a word in german or something for the sound of wind blowing through the leaves of trees. 

I can understand your interpretation, and thanks for translating. :)

Jojo-Banner-2.png

#8094 Guest_TricoBren_*

Guest_TricoBren_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

Translations are always hard because a work can have multiple or no meanings in other languages. I know that there's a word in german or something for the sound of wind blowing through the leaves of trees. 

I can understand your interpretation, and thanks for translating. :)

100% agree. Personally I strive to accurately translate the intention behind the meanings whilst others prefer a more literal approach. Different strokes for different folks I guess!

On a side note, Volume 48 came out on Friday with Vol.49 scheduled for a December release!  They just keep pumping 'em out!

Attached Files

#8095 bigladiesman

bigladiesman

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Many, but I consider myself to be the only guy in the world who admires two Atarus.

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

Nah they're still cool I think. The reason why The Ninja was being so cold to Brockenman is because he wants to fight (and win) as one of 6 Devil knights. The reason Brockenman was smiling was  because he finally realized that due to the philosphy of the devil chojin, only they are willing to do what is necessary to stop the perfect origins. Kill them.  He was smiling because he realized that the devil chojin are fighting the perfect origins to that the justice chojin don't have to face the impossible dilemma of having to finish them off....

does that make sense? I've had a few drinks this evening... 

Sorry for the delay.

First, I want to apologize: I called Brocken Jr. "Brockenman". Without the nazi imaginery, this guy has nothing in common with his dirty dad. I even consider him the most idealist of the justice chojins (just an opinion). Sorry for the mistake.

Secondly, of course your explanation makes sense. Even Superman once said in a Justice League comic that sparing the life of all the bad guys was a common mistake and that he wished justice superheroes were more ruthless. Heck, even a pure and innocent all-around good guy like Son Goku has a dark side (Super Saiyan's form debut on the Namek saga is a good example).

Posted Image

El Show de la sopa de bou!

Sóc molt fort i el meu nom és Musculator, menjo molta carn perquè m'agraaaaaadaaaaaa MOLT!!!

#8096 pirateguywithapplepie

pirateguywithapplepie

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

Never noticed this before, but the first three chapters of volume 37 are translated?! I never knew that...But I suppose they never got to the rest...or later volumes.

#8097 AtarusMuscleSpark

AtarusMuscleSpark

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

*Sees new chapter*

*Clap Clap Clap Clap*

Jojo-Banner-2.png

#8098 Prometheus13

Prometheus13

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

HE DID IT! :woot: :woot: :woot:

#8099 AtarusMuscleSpark

AtarusMuscleSpark

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

BRUTALITY

Jojo-Banner-2.png

#8100 shino619

shino619

SteCase King fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

plot twist Karasuman transformed into The Ninja to give seigi choujin false hope and then crush them

Posted Image

Love Bomber HARMONY HARMONY oh love

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com