• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:25 PM

I am sorry to say that my digital camera has died. Thus, my usual home-brewed pictures will not accompany this review. :notme:

If you actually spotted Ask Aak in Episode 3, consider yourself blessed. His only real scene was cut, so he's kindasortasomewhat in the background of another shot. Still, he was in Episode 2, and he's a Gran, so it's all right. After all, everybody loves Ree-Yees... so why not take his political relative?

Sculpt:

Hasbro is a very odd company. here is a character who really didn't have any scree ntime, is thoroughly unimportant to the plot, and never does anything... but has one of the most detailed sculpts in the entire toyline. Aak's head sculpt is flawless- it looks just like the rubber mask used in the movie, and even has individually-sculpted teeth. his outfit is really complex, and the fur portions are amazingly well-sculpted. His hands and feet all have little wrinkles, veins, and warts on them, which is really unique and unexpected. Ask Aak is also a little on the portly side - a nice little touch.

Paint Job:

With only one minor exception on my figure, Hasbro excelled with Ask Aak's paint job. All of the important major and minor details are painted to satisfaction - it's really quite impressive. My one complaint is that his eyes seem a little uneven, but it might only be on my figure.
And yes, the teeth are also well-painted.

Articulation:

Again, Hasbro is crazy. Ask Aak has 12 points of articulation - most of which are ball joints. He has an INSANE amount of articulation, and can even be disassembled if you want to - this figure is insane!

Accessories:

Ask Aak comes with a stand and a gun. He doesn't have a normal blaster - he carries a massive rifle. Apparently, it IS possible to break the filibuster.

Pricing: $5.99 really isn't bad for this figure.

GOtGM (1-10): 3.

Overall (1-5): 4.9. I hate to say it, but this figure is amazing. It's like Hasbro decided to release another Ephant Mon - Ask Aak is a great alien that has QUALITY written all over him. I seriously can't find a single flaw besides the one paint misapp - and that might not be common to all figures.

I will take my own when my camera works again. For now, though:

http://www.rebelscum...S0546askaak.asp

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 SpectreSuperSix5

SpectreSuperSix5

I am not a number. I'm a free man

• Old Guard
  • 2598 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, M.U.S.C.L.E., Xbox 360, firearms, grilling, muscle cars, zombies, and Cartoon Network.

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:04 AM

Ask Aak comes with a stand and a gun. He doesn't have a normal blaster - he carries a massive rifle. Apparently, it IS possible to break the filibuster.

I also found it funny they equipped a senator with a weapon. Sometimes when it comes to accessories, I think that the hasbro people just have a seizure and pick something quick. For instance, the clone pilots have these huge radar dish type missle lauchers. I got a bunch of them for my ships, and can't for the life of me figure out when they'd need one of these, or where they'd store one for that matter!
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

#3 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:06 PM

It makes a little bit of sense for a senator to carry a tiny blastor pistol - even Eleanor Roosevelt carried a sidearm - but Ask Aak has a large blaster rifle.

#4 Imp

Imp

Cranky Gorillaz Gal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2367 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 04:27 PM

You know, I thought that this was gonna be a Dear Abby column for Star Wars fans...

:(

Posted ImagePosted Image

Congratulations! Taxes, titles, licenses, and fees, not included.

My Live Journal. Because obviously you need to know how my day went. How's yours?

#5 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 07:50 PM

Sometimes when it comes to accessories, I think that the hasbro people just have a seizure and pick something quick.

In this case, it's more of a cost-cutting measure. Ask Aak's rifle is the same as that of the Saga Bossk.

#6 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

So, Bossk hates filibusters, too?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com