Theme© by Fisana

Photo

aliens & monsters: what would you like to see?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TNT138

TNT138

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

I was just curious what people would like to see this line do if it were to continue with the aliens and monsters. Would you like them to be fairly serious in tone? or silly?
Given the light-hearted tone of most of the zombies I might expect silly, but then again some of these zombies are pretty dark. I know that MIMP was kind of a mix between the two as well, but MIMP were very strange because of their borrowing of both folklore and cinema. How silly would be too silly?
I know that I would hate to see a bunch of humanoid aliens that look basically like Andorians from Star Trek. (well maybe ONE Andorian would be pretty cool...) Given that at least one of the line's sculptors is really good at detail it would seem that they could do some really cool stuff.

#2 Stratos

Stratos

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

I'd prefer aliens first and I'd like them to be comical like the zombies. I'd like them to borrow from ideas in Mars Attacks, etc. For monsters, I'd expect them to be classics like The Mummy, Werewolf, etc and I'd like them to be comical as well.

#3 bigazzhead

bigazzhead

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1604 posts
  • Interests:Mini Figure interests:
    Monster in my Pocket
    Megaman/Rockman
    Dragon Ball
    Dragon Quest
    Old Nintendo
    Gegege no Kitaro
    general monster keshi
    Ghostbusters
    Zombie related stuff
    and anything cool. (yeah I know pretty vague)

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

I would have liked a Predator inspired parody. This why the Jesse Ventura figure would be reunited... that is if either were to be made.

#4 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

I would want different types of sculpts. I am a little sick of the pigeon-toed look honestly. Like 80% of the zombies have the same legs and feet. Kind of lame when you stand them all up together.

#5 89cpe

89cpe

sweep the leg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

Yea i agree with stratos on the aliens but id rather see original monsters like slimey gross weird monsters

#6 Aikola

Aikola

Main Offender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

Be nice to see some monsters that never made Monster in my Pocket.
Aikola: Collecting figures that no-one else cares about since 2007.
"Punk Rock: A loud, fast and deliberately offensive style of rock music"

My Trade List
My Little Army
Aikola's Mini Boglin Colour Archive

#7 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

I'd honestly like to see a little bit of serious, and a little bit of humor. One of the things I love about MUSCLE, was that blending of urinal-men juxtaposed against clawed Russian cyborgs.
I think it is really easy for joke sculpts to fall flat, and for badass sculpts to not live up to the billing... But if they balanced the field, you could have your silly jokish figures standing right next to a similar, serious sculpt.

If they do ever release SLUG Monsters, I hope they do gremlins.

#8 TNT138

TNT138

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

I agree that a mix of the two styles would be great. Because of the amount of detail these guys are able to pull off, you could get some genuinely horrific monsters, but at the same time they seem to have a decent sense of humor that they could pull of a pretty fun figure and still make it cool looking. The line definitely had potential beyond Zombies. As far as the pigeon-toed problem, the fact that none of the Zombie Hunters had this shows that they wouldn't necessarily back themselves in a corner with that again.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com