• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:00 PM

Is there anyway of leaving this guy negative feedback? Or maybe there's a way of using our messages against him via reporting? This is pretty BS. 

#27 Bones

Bones

Deep Throat

• Grounded
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:10 PM

Zero will be able to leave feed back and comment but it won't do anything to remedy the situation. And ebay want do anything to the seller. I've seen sellers with hundreds of negative comments...most of which say never received item. They're still on there selling. EBay only cares about their cut

Edited by Bones, 14 February 2020 - 05:11 PM.

#28 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:25 PM

Even though I doubt eBay will do anything, I think it's important to at least send the conversation to them. To show that he wanted to renege on the completed offer because he found out he could maybe get more money.

Thank you

#29 fuzzbuster

fuzzbuster

Yes

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 2303 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:36 PM

I have reported the closed auction as fraudulent. I would encourage others to do the same. There is a slim chance that ebay may be forced to address the issue in some way if enough people file the same report.

#30 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:19 PM

Guys. It’s just a misunderstanding. Poor guy just doesn’t have access to it because of a personal issue. Not at all related to his previous message about canceling it to get more money. Seems like a bulletproof reason.

www.instagram.com/sydot_toys

#31 108KickBack

108KickBack

Beast-Former Gatherer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:Laser Beasts, Battle Beasts,Anything Beastformer, Insects,Bugs and arachnids.

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:52 PM

And it is refunded.  The seller decided that the 3 or 4 people who backdoored this deal was the right way to go I guess.  I have to say that I am disappointed to say the least.  Let me ask, what do you think is going to happen when you contact the seller on an item that you know has not shipped to the winner and ask a bunch of questions, or worse yet make offers that are outside of the actual auction/make-an-offer.  I have never done this, and respect winning parties even if I really wanted the item.  I paid a fair price and made an appropriate purchase.  This community is super small, 4 people contacted this seller. 4.  Please see attachments. 

Chuck

i dont collect muscle.But thats bs on the sellers part.You Even Payed for it.Some people have no honor both the seller and people who had messaged the seller after are RATS in my opinion.I can only imagine your anger or frustration on a grail... Sorry to hear ,dude.

#32 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:16 AM

That sucks, but we all go through it: http://blog.uory/

I would ask the seller for the names of the people that contacted her. I doubt you'll get it, but you already know one of them. You could just be open. MUSCLE is a terrible community and you want to know the other three people that screwed you.

I know that in collecting people don't want other people to "get stuff." I understand that premise. But what kind of monster doesn't want someone to score a deal? That might be worse than any of the M.U.S.C.L.E. scams we've seen in the past. (I wrote it, but I'm still thinking if it is true.)

#33 zero

zero

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Metal Detecting, Fishing, Hunting, Rod Stewart, Salamanders, Soccer

Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:39 AM

You don’t know the half of it. Believe me.

#34 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:55 AM

Curious to see if we will find an Instagram post or an eBay listing with this fig in the next few weeks.

Or if someone dropped a ton of money to have a secret addition to their collection. 

#35 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:55 PM

I bet we see it for sale, on eBay, very soon.

#36 jphat

jphat

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 05:09 PM

I bet we see it for sale, on eBay, very soon.

It’s up.

#37 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 05:19 PM

Same seller. So he didn’t back door it, he just waited to put it up for auction to see how much he could get?

#38 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Muscle. Marvel Comics. Marvel Trading Cards. PS4/PS5/Switch/GBA/DS/3DS gaming.

Posted 17 February 2020 - 05:41 PM

Something tells me we're going to find out who the other 3 people who were messaging the seller is.(Aside from me) 

I'm not sure if anyone here is thinking I'm someone who wanted them to not honor the original sale. I'd like to think I'm someone here on LRG that can be trusted to be a respectful collector. I try to be as transparent as possible. I understand that anything can come into question though.

I don't gain anything from this. I'm not going to bid on it. I already own a BHS and it's my holy grail Muscle.(even though it's incomplete/missing the peg) I'm not all that interested in owning multiple of the same rare figures. Which is why I only own one Satan Cross, SHA(repo head), and purple Claw. I do put in bids if these figures do come up as .99 starting bids. But my max is a lot lower than what I know the figure will be going for. 

#39 jphat

jphat

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:26 PM

Let’s get some guesses going.

Price is right rules- closest wo going over.

I’m going with $933.

#40 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 06:25 AM

Link?  I just want to keep up with the story.

#41 atilary

atilary

Super spy wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Glyos, 80s and early 90s toys and cartoons, comics, reading, D&D

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:20 AM

https://www.ebay.com...an/333518590553

#42 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:34 AM

Take note of the 0 feedback on the first bidder...... 

#43 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:52 AM

I guess we won't figure out who the other 3 messengers were. I forgot all about alt accounts. Maybe because I'v never used one. There should be an IP lock on websites for that sort of thing. But I'm guessing a VPN would be able to bypass that... 

#44 BadLarry

BadLarry

Jake All Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:Robot & monster toys, Lego, MUSCLE, etc.

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:07 AM

Take note of the 0 feedback on the first bidder...... 

So what's the angle on this? The seller gets someone to make an account and put in a bid for what he (the seller) thinks he deserves, then anyone else who bids has to at least match that number?

Like a shady shill way of putting a reserve on the listing.

Thank you

#45 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 08:21 AM

Yeah bid high enough to ensure a win. Act like they didn’t pay and give a second chance to the next highest bidder. I’m pretty sure that’s a Forbes thing. Example:

Actual bidder 1 bids 500
Actual bidder 2 bids 700
Shill bidder/sellers second account bids 1k
The fig should have been won at like 505 or something if it was between the 2 people who wanted it but now the shill/seller knows the other guys is willing to drop 700 so he offers him a ‘second chance’ option at 700. And acts like the shill 0 feedback guy didn’t pay.

Or someone wants to remain anonymous. Lots of people on here and in the muscle community know who’s account is who’s and could ID the winner.

#46 McCTXToys

McCTXToys

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:50 AM

So would the original listing minus BHS have been a good deal?

#47 atilary

atilary

Super spy wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Glyos, 80s and early 90s toys and cartoons, comics, reading, D&D

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:56 PM

Purple claw listed for $600 sold quick, maybe someone is looking to cash out to bid on this. 

#48 RedMoaiMan

RedMoaiMan

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Interests:Collecting M.U.S.C.L.E. figures, making unique ooak art dolls, and what ever else catches my interests/inspires my creativity.

Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:33 AM

Sorry about your bad luck zero...I've got a bad gut feeling about this...A feeling that "somebody" might be back-dooring this deal...

#49 fisheye

fisheye

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:52 AM

Someone had a bid in place. But now it's back to zero bids. Someone having a go at this seller?

#50 Sydot

Sydot

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:42 PM

There is another bid now from a different account.
I would love to see this thing sell for less than it would have if he didn’t back out.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com