1034 replies to this topic

#1 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

25 Years after the release of the Battle Beasts they return;

Posted Image

WATER, WOOD, FIRE
make place for three brand new Tribes;
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
SEA.................LAND...................AIR

ビーストサーガ
BEAST SAGA

Japan, Sept. 8th. 2012
Return of the Beastformers!

Edited by GJNL, 11 August 2012 - 02:21 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#2 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

So time is ticking and after the Beast Saga information boost we had from the Tokyo Toy Show its become a little quiet but that doesn't mean there's nothing going on in the land of the Rising Sun.

Because as we speak (actually yesterday) the first Beast Saga figures are showing up on Yahoo Japan and these are NO PRE-ORDERS!
In Japan the Saikyo V Jump event has been held in the end of July and there's also an event planned later this month and during these two events Beast Saga promotion bags have been handed out to people who had registered beforehand. So people who managed to get this registration were able to pick up a promotion bag at the Takara stand within these events. This bag not only contained the first magazine/comic but also a promo figure of the Beast Saga line. Looking at the first figures showing up these seem to be partially painted figs of the original to be released line. Below is an example of the Hamster as well as another BS fig which are currently being offered;

Posted ImagePosted Image

Especially at the first pic its clear that the hamster isn't painted as shown on the official release files as he's missing some of its face colors.

Together with another boardmember out here we tried to get an insider in at one of these V Jump events but its was to close to the registration deadline so it didn't work out leaving us without any Beast Saga figures while we hoped to get out hands on one before the official release date. Looks like we all have to be a little more patient as there'll be lots of them available soon, but for the ones who are already bidding on these promo figures that are being offerd at YJP good luck!

Personally I'll make my final decission on this line when I've the first figure in my hand but so far things look very promissing and hopefull.

THE COUNTDOWN HAS STARTED, who'll be the first making the side by side shot with an original BB!?

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#3 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Takara will offer lot of promo figures (around 30 000) during the next month. The Saikyo VJump festa were just the first show and promo figures will be available through japanese toy stores too and many other events. All my contact weren't lucky enough to be able to go to the festa so I'm still waiting for promo figures to be available at good price. The promo figures were not in the bag but were offered to the kids who tried and won the game.

#4 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

And here is a unpacking video of the promobag that was handed out.
Including the Hamster figure at 1:02

This clearly shows that the dice shootingsystem isn't as advanced and merged with the figure as we all might have hoped for.....

@Lord, as far as I understood the registration beforehand was crucial to get one of these bags during the VJump event which (as shown in the video) did include BS promo figures.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#5 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

This clearly shows that the dice shootingsystem isn't as advanced and merged with the figure as we all might have hoped for.....

That's a bit disappointing news :/
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

#6 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

The Saikyo VJump festa was an invitation only event. You could get an invitation by sending a coupon that was included in the Saykyo and VJump magazines. Then it was a lottery system to determine the lucky winners. I'm 100% sure that the bag didn't contained the Beast Saga figure. All visitor received this bag at the beginning of the event. You can see all the items included in the bag in this pic.
Attached File  vjf2012pr.jpg   158.73K   58 downloads

I have been able to get some bags as well as some other goodies offered during the event but no Beast Saga figures yet.
The Beast Saga figures were only handed to childrens who won at the game.

#7 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

Well the good thing about those BS promos is that they are essentially the same figures that are going to be released anyways, so I don't think we are missing out on much there, unless they were giving out an exclusive sculpts, which so far doesn't look to be the case.
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

#8 ScreaminDemon

ScreaminDemon

Cyber Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts , Laser Beasts , Beastformers , Shadow Warriors , War Monsters and any other variations of Battle Beasts including Beast Saga. Transformer decoys.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Sad about the dice but I'm still on board with the beast saga. The figure looks great but the dice shooter is a bit bulky.
Demon

#9 eightystoynut

eightystoynut

Team BATTLEBEASTS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:80's Action Figures and mostly BB/LB

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Man you guys are on top of shit with the Beast Saga, I----AM----PSYCHED!!!!

#10 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

About the dice launcher issue. From what I have understood the launcher is not build in the figure. This way you can display the figure with just the dice and add the launcher only when you want to play the game. You can display it without the dice and the launcher too but this will leave a big hole in it.

#11 ScreaminDemon

ScreaminDemon

Cyber Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts , Laser Beasts , Beastformers , Shadow Warriors , War Monsters and any other variations of Battle Beasts including Beast Saga. Transformer decoys.

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

Thanks lord, that's good to hear! Thanks for clearing that up :)
Do you know if they are going to have ones that light up the dice like fiberoptics?

Dude I'm so psyched too Chalie!!!!! :) my wallet is whining but I'm keepin it in check!

Edited by ScreaminDemon, 07 August 2012 - 07:07 PM.

Demon

#12 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

Has anyone learned anything about the packaging? I'm still curious about what's in the blind boxes. If the individual figures and the three pack figures are exclusive to those packages or if they're blind boxed too? And I'm guessing the chase rarity is still unknown...

And what about the grey figures in the sets? Are those unpainted greys or clears or variants?

Edited by Coelocanth, 07 August 2012 - 09:59 PM.

#13 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

I will post details later when I will be at home and have access to all the documents. I can already tell you that the grey figures are prototypes. The final figures were not ready at the time the catalog was printed so they used those proto instead.

#14 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:58 AM

About the packaging.

The Starter (aka 3-pack) will come with 3 figures, 3 weapons, 3 shields, 3 cards, 7 dices and 1 battlefield map.
The excusives figures are : deer, hamster and the 2 fishes beside the shark.

The individual pack will be blister card. They will come with 1 figure, 1 weapon, 1 shield, 1 card and 2 dices.
I'm not sure but all of this items may not be random. 7 figures available.

The blind packs will be plain boxes. I don't know for sure if this will be all clear figures.
The 8 figures will be the same than in the individual packs + the shark.
There will be chase cards and dices.

#15 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:08 AM

As addition to this it looks like the Clear 'chase' figures are not that rare as we'd expect since Amazon.jp has them listed sparately for the same price as the normal ones 525 JYen. Of course its still the question which one you'll get but based on that information its just a gamble amongst clear figs instead of them being mixed amongst the blind boxes with normal figs. Don't think Amazon is wrong on this one since they'll have done their research before listing them as separate boxes.

On the dice shootingsystem......... I've to say I was quite shocked to see it within that video as its clearly present and not really something smoothly integrated like the rub or orb we all know. As Sylvain (Lord) explained the whole dice thingy can be taken out from the figure and MAYBE be replaced by a part (bigger dice?) that will cover the whole? The figs presented during the Tokyo Toy show clearly didn't have such an explicit dice system within them so there might be still some hope. Otherwise its a big gap which might be a trigger for companies as stickerfixer or something to jump into producing a nice element to cover the whole.

As far as I've seen there is no lightning system included in the dice.
On some of the pics we've seen 'glowing' dices which seems to be the result of a light from the back and a transparent/translucent dice that looks like its giving light while its just transmitting it.

The Grays were prototypes for sure and they'll not become available on the commercial market, who know's maybe they'll pop up over a decade as rare Takara prototype as we've seen with BB / LB items that came from Takara/Hasbro employees. Same story is valid for the 3 large BS figures that were present on the Tokyo Toy Show stand :) Guess so far nobody is having insiders that are that far penetrated to be able to get to these yet........ but who knows in the future.

For now the countdown has started for sure and I'm sure that within the next days more pieces of the puzzle will come together.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#16 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

Like GJNL I think that the BS03 blind boxes are only clear figures. So if you want both version you have to buy 1 of each starter pack (BS01 and BS02) + 1 of each regular (BS05 to BS10) and at least 8 blind boxes BS03 if you're lucky enough to not have duplicates. The BS04 is for the lion that is already included in the BSO1 starter.

Just one little think to change in the first post. The number of years is wrong. It should be

25 Years after the release of the Battle Beasts they return

Edited by lord, 08 August 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#17 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Like GJNL I think that the BS03 blind boxes are only clear figures.

I hope that's the case. Otherwise there's quite a bit of redundancy in the packaging.

#18 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Like GJNL I think that the BS03 blind boxes are only clear figures. So if you want both version you have to buy 1 of each starter pack (BS01 and BS02) + 1 of each regular (BS05 to BS10) and at least 8 blind boxes BS03 if you're lucky enough to not have duplicates. The BS04 is for the lion that is already included in the BSO1 starter.

Just one little think to change in the first post. The number of years is wrong. It should be

So based on this and the above information the only figures that will be included in the booster cases will be the clear figures that were shown? Is there any confirmation on this? I was really hoping for some of the other figures to come out of the cases with the clear figures randomly inserted, but if that's not the case I just saved myself a ton of cash!

#19 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

:blink: So I've been miscalculating their original release date since the beginning!?!
OOOPSSS :)

I see they've been developed during the 1986 in a joint venture between Takara and Hasbro and their actuall release was in 1987.

Thnx for the correction Sylvain, next time please PM instead of a public reply because now everybody can see this ..... mistake LOL

Please don't blaim me I was still a little boy during that time :)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#20 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

Sorry for the public post. I thought it could be a typo error. To beg your pardon I will offer you a Beast Saga item as soon as I will have it in hands later this month. Just send me a PM with your address.

You can be sure than next time (it there ever is another one) I will contact you through PM. But this is not a big error. At least it's a smaller one than the "Beastformers with Autobot/Decepticon rub signs" we can read in a lot of places.

#21 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

Sorry for the public post. I thought it could be a typo error. To beg your pardon I will offer you a Beast Saga item as soon as I will have it in hands later this month. Just send me a PM with your address.

You can be sure than next time (it there ever is another one) I will contact you through PM. But this is not a big error. At least it's a smaller one than the "Beastformers with Autobot/Decepticon rub signs" we can read in a lot of places.

LOL did my reaction came over that serious :)
It wasn't a problem AT ALL of course!

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#22 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:02 AM

Lord is your avatar an exclusive Beast Saga figure of some kind? If so any details would be appreciated.
Spoiler
-Walter Benjamin

#23 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

This figure is a "training body" that will be sold with the DX playset.

#24 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

This figure is a "training body" that will be sold with the DX playset.

This DX set? http://www.bigbadtoy...il&picture=aux1

#25 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

This is the good one. The BBTS pics are taken from the first Takara catalog so this are just prototypes. In the second catalog Takara did some changes.

The DX playset is no longer sold with a clear gator but with this training body.
The 6 figures from the blind boxes were replaced by the 8 clear figures.

Edited by lord, 09 August 2012 - 04:59 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com