• Please log in to reply
1034 replies to this topic

#26 Mr.Monster

Mr.Monster

Totalitarian Overlord of the Bench Press

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Interests:Powerlifting, MST3K, Death Metal, 80's cartoons, Georgia/NWA Wrestling, Fistful of Power, Kinkeshi

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

This is the good one. The BBTS pics are taken from the first Takara catalog so this are just prototypes. In the second catalog Takara did some changes.

The DX playset is no longer sold with a clear gator but with this training body.
The 6 figures from the blind boxes were replaced by the 8 clear figures.

Thanks for the info. Not sure I'll keep my pre-order. I could justify the $60 for an exclusive clear gator, not so much for the training figure.

#27 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for the info. Not sure I'll keep my pre-order. I could justify the $60 for an exclusive clear gator, not so much for the training figure.

The training figure isn't exactly a must have. I've been excited to get the clear gator for months, but I'm assuming that he will now come in a future case of boosters with other clear figures. I may hold off on the board game for right now.
The release date is set for Sept 8, and I've never really preordered products from another country before, does anyone know how long these will take to show up with BBTS or tfsource before they are shipped out?
Thanks for the info on the changes, its appreciated!

#28 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:40 AM

Official pics available from Takara web site: dragonautes2010.blogspot.com

#29 Beastformers

Beastformers

The White Rabbit @BEASTFORMERS

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1852 posts
  • Interests:BEASTFORMERS:
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    Protecting, Defending & Preserving the original vintage line by TAKARA/HASBRO
    (1986-1988)

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

The two Promo 'Variants' which where inside the plastic bags of which I've uploaded the pics before are mentioned as well now after the site update;

Attached File  img02.jpg   75.45K   45 downloads

I know the Hamster who was out on YJP was taken down by one of our fellow boardmembers so its good to know we might be able to have some more hands on info soon.

And of course this is also the official confirmation that the Clear Figs are the only figs that'll be available as 'blind boxed' ones so with only clear figs inside. This will make the chase a little less hard for most of us :)

Edited by GJNL, 10 August 2012 - 03:21 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

Collector & Founder of the Beastformers Blog

lrg-signature-beastformers-blog.gif

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#30 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

The first hamster has been bought by a japanese account so I'm happy that the latest one will be soon in a member's hands. I can't wait to see side by side pics of both vintage and new lines. It seems that there will be a lot of event to get this 2 promos so we should be able to get them easier soon.

#31 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • Interests:Transformers
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

The first hamster has been bought by a japanese account so I'm happy that the latest one will be soon in a member's hands. I can't wait to see side by side pics of both vintage and new lines. It seems that there will be a lot of event to get this 2 promos so we should be able to get them easier soon.

I won it. Also won a Piranah. They should be here in the next two weeks hopefuly :teehee:

#32 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

I won it. Also won a Piranah. They should be here in the next two weeks hopefuly :teehee:

Nice! Can't wait to see how the figures turn out compared to the old ones! Congrats!

#33 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Its was a matter of time but here it is, the side by side shot we've all been waiting for!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Attached Files

Edited by GJNL, 10 August 2012 - 08:56 AM.

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

For more info about the Beastformers Archaeology (-BA-) Project please click HERE

In case you might not be able to contact The White Rabbit via LRG for whatever reason use the contact options on the Beastformers Blog

#34 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

Its was a matter of time but here it is, the side by side shot we've all been waiting for!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Hmm....not sure about everyone else but....that looks minimate'ish compared to the old line....not sure I like what I'm seeing...maybe the hamster/mouse isn't the best figure to compare with the old...

What are your thoughts on it, GJ?

Edited by Onyxiaphil, 10 August 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#35 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Some detailled shots of the Beast Saga Hamster Promo figure:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

More pics and source for the pics above

Attached Files

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#36 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

That answers a lot of questions about the dynamics of the plunger.

Great pics! Thank s for the share!

#37 Beastformers

Beastformers

• 1852 posts
    BB-LB-GBB-BDC-BS
    (1986-1988)

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

What are your thoughts on it, GJ?

I'll get back on that later today as I've to go now and I'm affraid I need some time to answer that question :)

BEASTFORMERS ビーストフォーマー                               

#38 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

I personally find the plunger really distracting. It looks like with a little careful work it could be removed, but I'm not sure I would chance it. Since it looks like stickers have to be applied to the dice I may just put the character sticker on the end of the plunger and keep it pushed forward. That seems like the best solution to me since I likely won't be playing the game.
As far as what was said about the figures looking like Minimates, I think the hamster is probably not the best figure to represent the line, since its overall size makes it look very blocky.
I still love the character designs and will keep my preorders (thankfully with only one case now), but at this point having the toys in hand will be the only way I can make a fair judgment. These could end up being a love it or hate it line with a lot of collectors. For now I'm still loving them!
Thanks for posting the pics!

#39 GammaJetpunch

GammaJetpunch

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

I only hope the "plunger" doesn't offset the balance of the overall figure. You can't imagine how mahy times I've gotten a figure that had poor balance (Beast Wars Scorpinok, for example).

#40 Run Amuck Duck

Run Amuck Duck

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

I don't know what there is to process here. The only thing is that the hamster is a little smaller than the rest of the figures, so these figures are going to be slightly larger. I don't think that's much of a surprise. However, it's pretty impressive that it's in almost the same scale as the originals.

If you want a simple analogy, look at the Star Wars figures of today compared to the Kenner Star Wars figures from 1977-1985. Both lines are in 3-3/4" scale, but when you place them side by side, the added articulation and sculpting of the newer figures mean that they stand just a little bit taller. You have a similar situation here.

I never intended these to be integrated seamlessly into my vintage BB collection, but putting them side by side, it's easy to tell that they all share the same inspiration.

I know a lot of you have reservations or strong opinions about this line and how it will compare to the originals. I'm not going into this as a blind BB fanboy. The original line took animals, made them anthropomorphic, and stuck them in armor. It's the same concept, just a little bit updated, which one would expect 25 years later. I love them, and I'm so glad I ordered it all.

#41 JonnyPac

JonnyPac

The beast collector in the boonies...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

Great pics and info. Thanks for posting, y'all! I'm still into the new line whole-hog. Can't wait!

Think the BS figs are softer plastic like original BB/LBs? They look harder for some reason...

Edited by JonnyPac, 10 August 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#42 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

Hard plastic? :(

#43 Onyxiaphil

Onyxiaphil

Starcaller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
    Battle Beasts
    Armorvors
    Nintendo
    Everything custom
    Poutine & Bacon

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hard plastic? :(

That is my main concern as well :(

#44 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

This Hamster is not the beast Beast Saga figure to compare with the vintage ones. I would have prefered a Shark or a Deer.

How can you say this look to be harder plastic just with this pics ?

#45 cassel87

cassel87

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

I think it looks pretty good. Why didnt they paint his face or eyes? For 8 bucks each they can afford the paint
if my turtles ate my toys, id have to eat my turtles

#46 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for the pics, i know I will prob get my balls cut off for saying this but it looks like I can use the heads for a few custom DST BB's lol
Posted Image

#47 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

Those are promo figures. The final release will be all painted.

I think it looks pretty good. Why didnt they paint his face or eyes? For 8 bucks each they can afford the paint

#48 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

How can you say this look to be harder plastic just with this pics ?

It just looks more rigid, like hard plastic, versus a softer PVC. The dice shooter is definitely hard plastic.

I wonder if the person who took those pics has said anything about the consistency?

I am going to guess that the dice mechanism and the torso are hard plastic while the limbs are PVC. Just a guess.

#49 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Because it's a free, alternate version promo?

I personally find the plunger really distracting. It looks like with a little careful work it could be removed, but I'm not sure I would chance it.

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like the plunger isn't easily removable like we all hoped.

#50 FANtomCore

FANtomCore

FANtom-2-da-Core/Conceptor/Scanner/Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, SD Battle Beasts, Laser Beasts, God Beasts, War Monsters, Beast Saga, Battle Beasts Minimates, Armorvors, Rise of the Beasts / MUSCLE, Ultimate Muscle, Kinnikuman.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

At least you can tuck in the plunger for display/playing around purposes. Even though Battle Beasts is a 2-inch toyline, they are action figures, the action being the rubsign gimmick, same with the Laser Beasts. Granted that doesn't really seem like a real action feature, but it was well known because of Transformers sharing the same gimmick. It seems apparent that Takara wanted the action feature for his updated rendition of Battle Beasts to feature more action than that of the past, and he came up with the dice shooters, which seems pretty unique. When was the last toyline that you can remember that had such an action feature, anyone recall? I do think the plunger can be removed easy enough, but I just don't think its necessary since it can be tucked in. Knowing that the dice uses stickers, I'll be sure to scan all of them just in case I lose a dice I can use a new dice and print out a replacement sticker. All-in-all I like what I see and I'm very excited for them next month.
What I like to collect (click below)
Spoiler
"Every passion borders on the chaotic, but the collector's passion borders on the chaos of memories."
-Walter Benjamin

All toys came from the original One Toy :p

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com