193 replies to this topic

#1 Articulationnut

Articulationnut

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

I've been out of the "beast loop" for some time but i came across something i thought you Beast Saga fans would appreciate:
http://www.takaratom...ucts/beastsaga/

I don't care for the toys but i will do my best to watch the animated series !

Source for the animated TV series news:
http://www.animenews...e-gets-tv-anime

Edited by Articulationnut, 27 October 2012 - 01:54 PM.

Divide & conquer works because of attachments people make to push-button issues, individual "leaders," parties, clans, tribes, policies, or agendas, leaving them open to manipulation.

#2 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Posted Image

#3 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

#4 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:24 AM

well dont that look stinkin cute lol
Posted Image

#5 PuertoricanLion

PuertoricanLion

All hail Lord MEGATRON !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beast / Transformers G1/Vintage Gi jo.And wierd monster

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Thats super cool. I wana watch .

#6 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

First episode has been aired in Japan but I can't find it anywhere. I have found a lot of pic yet so enjoy.
Attached File  1358035912190.jpg   245.57K   51 downloads
Attached File  095cb8b9.jpg   204.99K   52 downloads
Attached File  63f62a05.jpg   174.92K   41 downloads
Attached File  ad6b7553.jpg   195.81K   32 downloads

#7 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Is that a ZEBRA? ZOMG! I hope we get him soon he looks cool!

#8 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Episode 1 avalaible

#9 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Episode 1 avalaible

Thanks for the link!

I find it hilarious that they have the back of the plunger on their animation model's back :p though without the emblem... also it appears that Leppermint's animation model matches the toy but not the card art (no green hearto n her shoulder for exemple). Fun opening.

#10 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Any chance anybody could youtube that? The video just buffers, won't play.

#11 lord

lord

Serious Collector

• Legends
  • 931 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

#12 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

Only 12 minutes long? Is that like a normal thing for Japanese shows? Or is it like the first half? I'm really out of the loop on anime standards.

#13 glass67

glass67

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Pink Floyd, the Pacific Ocean, the 80's!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

Thanks for posting!

#14 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Too bad it isn't in English. The animation looks pretty standard though, nothing fancy. I look forward to seeing it English, my daughter would love to watch this! Thanks for linking us
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#15 Coelocanth

Coelocanth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

I didn't watch the whole thing (or understand what was going on) but I was disappointed by the show. I don't know what my expectations were, but the tone and the seemingly generic storyline and setting make me skeptical that this series will be exported. Or if it was exported, I have doubts that it would be successful or long-lived. That makes me wonder what chance the toy line has of being exported alongside (or how much of the toy line).

On the other hand, utter crap like Bakugan and Beyblade seems to be hugely successful, so my opinion is probably quite off.

#16 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Thanks. That intro could totally dethrone Gangnam Style. The end credits is funny because it's the entire episode played in fast forward. It's totally predictable and boring, but cool to see some of the beasts. Hopefully we'll see more new characters like the zebra, etc.

#17 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

On the other hand, utter crap like Bakugan and Beyblade seems to be hugely successful, so my opinion is probably quite off.

I legitimately lol'd at this statement.

I think I'm one of the younger board members here, and I remember when BeyBlades first started hitting store shelves. A couple of my friends went apeshit but I could never understand what the attraction was. To me they looked like big, stupid tops. I always hated tops.
<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#18 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

I liked the first anime for Beyblade because of how outrageously HOT BLOODED it was and all the outlandish thematic launchers they had. It was just so goofy yet totally earnest about it. The following series were really bland compared to it.

I didn't watch the whole thing (or understand what was going on) but I was disappointed by the show. I don't know what my expectations were, but the tone and the seemingly generic storyline and setting make me skeptical that this series will be exported. Or if it was exported, I have doubts that it would be successful or long-lived. That makes me wonder what chance the toy line has of being exported alongside (or how much of the toy line).

I don't know how generic it is... I mean Liorga starts the show as the King of the Land Gloria kingdom! He's obviously a powerful warrior and respected by his people. He flakes on his training with Big Serow to go have fun on the town apparently, but his kingdom seems fairly peaceful. Normally in those types of show the main character starts off at the bottom of the ladder and has to climb it up by defeating powerful enemies and overcoming obstacle. Seems to me like they'll have to spent time defending Gloria more than anything...though there might be some sort of quest for those stones. Or maybe next episode hte Sea Death Heart crew shows up and invade Gloria, forcing Liorga to form a group of freedom fighter.

I'm actually surprised they didn't just re-skinned Romance of the Three Kingdom. Would have been fairly easy with this set up.

At least it's not a show about kids playing Beast Saga :p

Edited by Undrave, 15 January 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#19 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

I liked the first anime for Beyblade because of how outrageously HOT BLOODED it was and all the outlandish thematic launchers they had. It was just so goofy yet totally earnest about it. The following series were really bland compared to it.

I don't know how generic it is... I mean Liorga starts the show as the King of the Land Gloria kingdom! He's obviously a powerful warrior and respected by his people. He flakes on his training with Big Serow to go have fun on the town apparently, but his kingdom seems fairly peaceful. Normally in those types of show the main character starts off at the bottom of the ladder and has to climb it up by defeating powerful enemies and overcoming obstacle. Seems to me like they'll have to spent time defending Gloria more than anything...though there might be some sort of quest for those stones. Or maybe next episode hte Sea Death Heart crew shows up and invade Gloria, forcing Liorga to form a group of freedom fighter.

I'm actually surprised they didn't just re-skinned Romance of the Three Kingdom. Would have been fairly easy with this set up.

At least it's not a show about kids playing Beast Saga :p

I found this episode to be too much like the first episode of the new reboot of Thundercats from 2011. Liono skips out on some necessary duties back at the palace, which finds Tigera frusturated with him. We find out that Liono is secretly spending time in the common areas of the city, with his only disguise being a loose, hooded cloak worn over his normal armor. However, once a group of thugs starts bullying someone, Liono takes off his cloak, revealing who he is, the prince of Thunderra, and begins fighting the thugs in the street, with a crowd of people watching. Watching this felt like I was watching that episode again, just with different names.

Now, with that being said, I still really liked it. I didn't understand what was happening when it was all dialogue, but I was able to understand the majority of the story. I thought the animation was pretty good. I'm always happy to see hand drawn cell animation in a time when everything, even 80s and 90s properties like Transformers and Ninja Turtles, is going CGI. I am interested to see how they end up incorporating more of the characters.

It was also interesting to see a world populated by non-armor clad animals, showing there are clearly "citizens" of the planet. In the old headmasters cartoon and the old comic book, it was always portrayed as if all the animals were Battle Beasts with battle armor who were all animals in their own right. Interesting to see non-warrior animals that give a little bit more gravity to the threat of any bad guys.

#20 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

I'm pretty sure the old Headmasters cartoon showed some civilians too, especially in Decepticon prison camp. I know the scientist who gave the Autobot Headmasters the data they needed to find Scorponok's weakpoint was a Beastformer without armor. Anyway I agree that adding civilians to the show is great.

#21 Louk

Louk

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

Here is a link for episode 2:
http://www.nosub.tv/watch/34354.html

Here is a blog with some screenshots:
http://blog.livedoor...s/51882681.html

Liorga fights Aldyle, and then captures the clown fish kid, and then Big Serow and Lepermint show up to save Liorga from getting beat up.

My favorite thing is they use one of the transforming cube vehicles at the end

Edited by Louk, 24 January 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#22 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

How funny looking are the town folk. Especially the overweight hyena man.

#23 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hahaha! :woot: Aldyle is a drunken master! He got stronger after drinking that barrel of wine!

I wonder if they'll alter their sculpts to match the animated series and start giving them anime eyes instead of the more realistic look currently used? Also I wonder where's G-dam! I want to see him in the show :D I think Killer Shark appears next episode! The previous mentions the Sea Death Heart and we saw the Pirazone troopers (in different coloring...).

Edited by Undrave, 24 January 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#24 TheRook

TheRook

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Has anyone found any subtitled version of the episodes? I know there are 2 episodes out now but I can only find the original "raw" episodes without subtitles. Does anyone know anyone who is fansubbing this series?

#25 Undrave

Undrave

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

I don't know if there is enough interest for a sub :confused: . Aside from some mythology regarding the cubes, it's fairly easy, so far, to understand what's going on. Still would be nice.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com