Post some pics of series 2 please.

#3 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

I expect there'll be a few finished by SDCC. Right now it's just art. Pretty art, but not anything we want to release before figure pics. Although if you were at C2E2 you got an eyeful.

#4 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

I am so excited to see that Battle Beasts will be continuing to Series 2. Can't wait to see some photos of the prototypes at SDCC. Also pleased to hear that the comic will be continuing as well. I thought it was well written and the art was really well done.

I was at C2E2, and off the top of my head, here's what I remember from the panel. It was all just control art for what they planned for the figures, but it still gave a pretty good approximation of what the figures should look like

Cow: Had a hoofed, armored lower half, and a rather open torso. From what I remember, it seemed like he was rather bare chested, showing off the white with black spots. The best thing about him was one of his accessories was a large, farmers like pitchfork. Overall the figure had a nice design to him, yet had a bit of that tongue in cheek goofy quality to it that so many of the original battle beasts had, which was really nice to see. I hope we see a few more little bits of humor sprout through out the line.

Hammerhead Shark: This guy was huge. He seemed really muscular compared to the other beasts that we saw. From what I remember, the overall style of him seemed remeniscent of a Maori warrior, with tatooing and the general feel of the figure. The armor seemed a little bit more curved. I have been wanting Hammerhead shark beast for a while, so I was really excited to see him.

Giraffe: The giraffe really surprised me. I am not normally to overly excited about giraffe beasts in any of the lines (BB, Beast Saga, etc...). But I really liked this guy a lot. To me, he felt the most like a "classic" battle beast to me. The armor was symetrical and proportioned like how armor on the BBs are laid out. Armor over the torso/shoulders, wrist gauntlets, lower torso and shin guards. I also think the giraffe will be very popular to use for customs, as his armor seemed a little more unifrom in design that could be used for other animals.

Cheetah: This one looked really nice. It looked sleek and fast, but I couldn't tell you a whole much more past that. I was so distracted by the Hammerhead Shark when he was up that I didn't pay as much attention to the Cheetah as I should have.

Anubis: He looked pretty much like how he looks in the comic, in a coat and vest. I could be wrong, but I thought I remember him also having a cane. I liked the look, however for my personal tastes, I am most interested in seeing him in some type of armor. So I might have to get two copies of Anubis, one to keep stock original and a second one to customize some full armor for and paint up that armor as armor comprised of one of the dread weapons. While I have been interested in what the humans have done while wielding the dread weapons, I would love to see Anubis himself get his hands on the dread weapons. Although it seems like something like that happening might be a bit of an end game sort of event.

There was also one human in the wave. For the life of me, I can't remember his name. But it's Bliss's boss that ends up wieldiing the dread weapons at the end of the graphic novel. He had accessories to have him using the dread weapons in their full power.

I am trying to remember if there were any other beasts shown, but I am pretty sure that was it. So jealous of those at SDCC that will be able to go to the panel and possibly see new art or pics for series 2.

#5 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts, Beast Saga, Battle Beast minmates, Armorvors, Hot Sauce, Tea, Pearl Jam, Films, Camers, Animals, Chameleons and lizards

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Over the past couple days, I have been taking around the beasts and posing them for some photos. Didn't have much time to post them until now. Really just messing around and having a bit of fun with them. Really wanted to set up a bunch of the snakes and spiders before I start taking some of them apart and converting them into custom characters. Here are a few of them, and then I'll have more to post in a little while.

Snake ambush in the grass:

SnakeAmbushinGrass_zpsea956ef4.jpg

SnakeAmbushinGrass2_zps4ea263b8.jpg

Duel up in the trees:

MerkandBatDuel_zpscea5e033.jpg

Like a fly caught in a spider's web:

SpiderAmbushOverhead_zps8bb614b5.jpg

SpiderAmbushLowGlow_zps104f866e.jpg

Some pics of Merk flying around:

MerkFlying_zps729b2d5c.jpg

MerkFlyingSunset_zps205d70a5.jpg

Where my spiders like to have their weekly meetings:

SpidersinFlowers_zpsf3d19013.jpg

MerkinSunset_zps2ec143c6.jpg

#6 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

I was actually just thinking about this line and how it completely dropped off the radar.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#7 DSTZach

DSTZach

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

Sorry for no updates for a while. We've been very busy!

Great shots, Koppen! Can't wait to see the custom you make out of that poncho we found at C2E2.

I would share pics of some of the Beasts from the comic book (all of the Series 2 figures are based on Beasts we saw in the series), but I think we shuffled the line-up a bit, and I'd hate to get you excited for one figure and have it get bumped to Series 3. I believe everyone Koppen listed is prominent in the book, although I'm forgetting where the giraffe showed up.

#8 cowbattlebeast

cowbattlebeast

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

Series 3? Nice!

#9 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

Yeah, that's the mention of a series 3 that I have heard. I hope they are already planning a couple series so that there isn't as much of a gap between releases.

#10 b00sted

b00sted

The b00sted One!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:Mega Bloks
    Battle Beasts
    Battlefield Heroes
    Android Modding

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

i dont collect this line anymore mainly due to funds but glad to see it made it to series 2! I cant wait to see what comes of it!

Posted Image

#11 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

Hey guys,

They posted a picture on their Facebook page showing the series 2 Battle Beasts on display at SDCC. The bear looks fantastic. He was a surprise for me, as he is the only new sculpt here that I haven't seen anything of yet. And I am really excited for that Hammerhead shark. Still love the cow with the pitchfork. The bat repaint looks pretty nice. it's an appropriate color choice for him. Anubis looks better than I was expecting. Not sure about the bird on the right, but it's not the clearest picture. I'll wait to see a nice clear photo of him if possible.

Attached File  Battle Beasts Series 2.jpg   58.26K   42 downloads

#12 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

Series 2 is coming and I never even caught a whisper of the Series 1 at my TRU. :(

I think my local TRU might be one of the worst/slowest stores in the country; I swear every time I've been in there over the past six months the products on the shelves have been exactly the same excepting the occasional movie tie-in or LEGO release. 

My expectation level was forever spoiled after going here:

Attached File  2007-05-20_Japan_Kochi_175.jpg   70.1K   43 downloads

Edited by bachamn, 18 July 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#13 koppenschevelle

koppenschevelle

Delta Chameleon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

Series 2 is coming and I never even caught a whisper of the Series 1 at my TRU. :(

I think my local TRU might be one of the worst/slowest stores in the country; I swear every time I've been in there over the past six months the products on the shelves have been exactly the same excepting the occasional movie tie-in or LEGO release. 

My expectation level was forever spoiled after going here:

attachicon.gif2007-05-20_Japan_Kochi_175.jpg

That sucks. i know TRU's can be really inconsistant. The TRU right by my apartment is pretty good, but the other one that was in driving distance was terrible until the closed it about 6 months ago.

If you need any help onceseries 2 comes out, let me know and I can most likely help you out.

#14 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

If you need any help onceseries 2 comes out, let me know and I can most likely help you out.

Thanks man, I appreciate the offer. Really though I've just been wanting to see the figures in person since I'm skeptical of the releases so far. I do like the look of some of them though so I'd probably pick up a few of the packs if I could just grab them off of the shelves, but I'm not committed to the idea enough to order them online and pay extra for shipping.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com