#1 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Monster in my pocket

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

I am trying to figure out what the exact rules of Beast Saga are. I know its obviously the highest dice number (with the symbol being the highest?). Now my questions are these.

1) What is the purpose of the scanner? Is it just a profiler or does it generate the dice game automatically?

2) How many rounds are we looking at? From what I see in the comic it looks like six rounds. Is that right?

Any other rules would be added to the post as people dig them up :)

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#2 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

The scanner doesn't appear to do anything for the game directly, it seems that it simply allows you to record the cards you have into a database for use in the game without having the cards on you all the time. It also gives special animations and sound effect when you swipe a card. This is just what I gleamed from using it as a non-Japanese speaker, though TBH I think I got it mostly right.

There is another post here somwhere where someone (Louk I think?) linked to the rules for the game.

There's also a synopsis at the following link, you can to run it through translate.google.com

http://ja.wikipedia....rg/wiki/ビーストサーガ

Edited by bachamn, 14 June 2014 - 10:02 PM.

#3 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:32 AM

Sweet about the scanner. Now I want one lol I will read the rules. Now I gotta convince my friends to do this too lol

"THOSE WHO LAY THEIR EYES ON A GUNDAM, SHALL NOT LIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT. Those was the orders I was given."

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#4 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Mimp total =

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:37 AM

This is what popped up on google translate. Plenty of Engrish.

Basic items Edit ] Beast (Figure) Is fitted lots (dice) in the chest, and shoot by pressing from behind. Battle lot Attack dice of character-specific, there is a die roll of a character-specific. it is special moves triggered when the emblem came out. There is a kind balance type, flat type, type of impact. Type variable In Golder dedicated Battle lot, can be changed the die roll freely in the net just before. Type impact The deformable 2 mode by a super private deck wins Battle lot, to rotate the upper surface of the die. Magic Lot In reversing magic dice, I can use the character of all. Magic effect is activated when the Magic emblem came out. Boost I add it to battle the lot number fraction written. Mirror I returned to the other party the finishing move of the other party. Break I want to disable the magic effect of the other lot. Doping By the amount of discarding the magic lot of unused plus in the eyes of Battle lot. If a failure occurs may not be discarded [1] . Reverse I upside down a lot of the other battle. Possible to check the back of the other party in advance [2] . Change I replace a lot of their own battle with the other. Join I plus a number of back to the number of Battle lot of their own. Inverse I upside down a lot of their own battle. Beast card Select SPECIAL Nou Ryoku attacks and the (special ability) by tap to (sideways). The magic number of lots is determined by the number that is written. How to Play Edit ] Basic Edit ]
  • I want to set the (three cards and the corresponding figure of three-body) deck in the field. Set the same figure, the battle Lot Magic Lot may be placed in the magic lot area and total content of the number three cards.
  • Decide who plays in the rock-paper-scissors, done in order target phase, Battle Phase lot, lot magic phase, Judge phase, the end phase, there is an offense and defense changed in the end turn to the last. It is victory Once you defeat the beast of all.
Target phase Edit ]

(Using the special ability if attack, right tap for left tap), players on the side of attack, to specify whom to tap to attack (sideways) cards Beast to action. Opponent to tap the card of the beast that has been specified. Battle, can not be used once per one body Beast special abilities.

Battle Phase lot Edit ]
  • (Die roll is changed in the automatic vibration when using the DX dice Battle Coliseum) to shoot a lot in the battle shout "3,2,1, Beast Fight!" In the battle area to each other.
  • In comparison with the numerical value of each other (in the case of both emblem or draw [3] again, put the B area remains eyes out others).
Magic Phase lot Edit ]
  • Smaller number of Battle lot goes first, the larger the post-attack, shoot one magic lot can.
  • Failure success emblem appears, if not out. I put the M area as it is the eyes out.
Judge Phase Edit ]
  • Larger number of wins together and battle magic lot lot.
  • If (finishing move) came out in the Battle Beast emblem lot, win as long as there is no countermeasures such as a mirror.
  • Judge in phase, in the case of the emblem, both compared to the effect of magic and special abilities lot battle lot.
End Phase Edit ]
  • Is returned to the area the Beast figure set with Battle lot, and the (vertical) untap card, the player who won, placed in the drop area a lot magic that was used.
  • Players who defeated, put in the drop area figure lost, Battle lot, lot Magic, a card.
  • It's a tie if the number of the final was the same, figure back to the Beast area, Magic lot to put in the drop area.
Turn end Edit ]

Turning to the turn of the player of the rear attacks, and performs similar action from the target phase.

101_5358_zps74e6dfc3.jpg

#5 DaHumorist

DaHumorist

ig: @itsgregstoys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:48 PM

That may as well be another language entirely.

#6 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:08 AM

This is what popped up on google translate. Plenty of Engrish.

this is the post I mentioned previously, it was in the 'Countdown' thread (beast saga posts weren't very well organized because everyone seemed to want to post into that thread ;)) This is Louk's interpretation of someone else's allegedly accurate translation.

Well, through research and the work of some guys on octobertoys, I think I have it mostly figured out. I can try to give an explaination of it.

First I guess the most helpful link:
http://www.octoberto...8eb6&start=165'>Octobertoy's Beast Saga Thread pg 12
A User over there, Phlis, translated the Q&A, the 35 question faq that came with the starter sets. I'll be referring back to this where necessary. I do have a bunch of personal house rules I like to use, because either a) I think the official rule is dumb and the house rule makes the game better, or cool.gif the official rule is unclear, I'll note those where necessary

First, there are some items to explain: The Beast (the actual Beast Saga figure), The Card (the card that comes with the Beast Saga Figures), Battle Lot (The dice with the Emblem that comes with each figure), Magic Lot (All other dice are considered Magic Lot), and your Deck (Your figures, cards, Battle and Magic lots)

Beasts: You may have at least 3 Beasts in your deck. The official rules and faq say you can have 3 and only 3.
however PERSONALLY, since I have 30 beasts right now I let people have more when we play. So sometimes we'll do 4v4 5v5 or whatever.

Cards: Each Beast should have a version of their card, Burst or Standard. The Burst versions are the ones that come with the clear boosters. The official rules say the cards are required, and to use the special abilities (the part listed on the gold banner at the bottom of the burst cards, which you can see translated in the octobertoys link and my pastebin) however you do not need to burst figures to use the special abilties.
PERSONALLY Since I didn't receive a Lepermint card and haven't been collecting the boosters I ignore that and say you can use the special abilities whether you have the burst cards or not.

Magic Lot: Each card has a number on the front designating that Beast's Magic Lot total. The number of magic dice allowed in your deck is the sum of each beast's Magic Lot. So if you're using the Land Starter set with Liorga (Lot: 1), Big Serow (Lot: 2) and Geedam (Lot: 5) you can have 8 magic lot in your deck.
The Types of Magic Lot are as follows:
Boost: +3, +4, +5, +6. Adds a specific number to your roll this turn
Mirror: Reflects attack back at opponent. This does work on Emblem and normal attacks. The rules are unclear as to what else it works on.
PERSONALLY I say it reflects everything, so a Mirror can reflect a Mirror or any other Magic Dice (such as Reverse and Change, even the Boost)
Break: Defeats Mirror. Again, I like to think this works on all Magic Lot.
Reverse: Flip opponents Battle Lot upside down
Change: Swap Numbers with opponent
Inverse: Flip your own dice upside down
Join: You add the bottom number of your Battle Lot to the Top (so if you're Liorga and you roll a 5, the bottom number will be a 9, so your new total is 14)
Doping: You discard a number of Magic Lot to Boost your Battle Lot (so if you have 8 Magic Lot as before, you can sacrifice up to +7 to add to your roll)

Special Abilities vs Deadly Attack:
This came up a bit so I'll just explain it. Special Abilities are listed on the front of Burst Cards (and the Deluxe set cards) and affect gameplay, they are things like Liorga: If you roll a 1 this turn, it counts as your [Emblem]. Special Attacks may only be used once per game. Deadly attacks are on the back of all cards and are supposed to be what happens when your emblem comes out (In the Anime preview you see Liorga's Blue Lion attack). Deadly attacks are just fluff, Special Abilities affect gameplay.

Playing the Game:
So, with all that out of the way here is how to play:
1.) Flip a coin to determine who goes firsts (turns do matter)
2.) One player picks which beast he wants to fight, and rotates that beasts card left (if he wants to use that beasts special ability) or right (if he doesn't)
3.) The second player does the same
4.) Both players fire off their Battle Lot at the same time. In the event of a tie players reroll
4a.) Assess some special abilities here
*Personally I don't like rerolling here, I say in the event of a tie, both players may choose to fire off Magic Lot at the same time.
*The rules are unclear as to what order Special Abilities resolve themselves, I say Player 1's resolves first.
5.) The player with the lower number decides whether he wants to use a magic lot, if so he fires it off
6.) If necessary the other player may also fire off a magic lot at this point
6a.) Depending on what Magic Die is used, some special abilities may be assessed here.
7.) If the result, after magic lot are assessed is a tie, the match is a draw
*I hate draws, so I say, in the result of a tie, players may continue to use Magic lot if they choose. I think this is better because it makes having higher magic lot a little more strategic in my opinion.
8.) Return to step 2, with Player 2 choosing their Beast first
9.) Repeat, alternating turns, until all members of one Player's team are defeated.

So, fairly simply with Special Abilities being the only real thing to throw a wrench into the works. Let me explain some situations in which the resolution of special abilities may change to try and show why it can be an issue.

Situation A) Player 1 is using Liorga and Player 2 is using Dolfan. Liorga's ability is if he roll's a 1, it counts his emblem, Dolfan's Ability is if his opponent rolls his emblem, he must reroll once. This is fairly clear, Liorga rolls a 1, Dolfan rolls an 8, Liorga's Ability resolves, his 1 counts as his emblem, Dolfan's ability resolves and Liorga must reroll once.

Now, where this gets interesting, let's throw magic lot into it. According to the Q&A, Special Abilities actually resolve after Magic Lot (if they hadn't resolved before I believe) For example, if Liorga rolls a 9 and Dolfan rolls a 1. Dolfan rolls the change dice, so his total is 9 and Liorga's is 1, however Liorga's special ability then resolves, so the 1 counts as his Emblem, and then Dolfan's ability resolves and Liorga must reroll his dice.

You see how this can be confusing? I believe the same applies to Inverse/Reverse, where it's applicable.

So, Personally, I say Special Abilities always resolve prior to Magic Lot being resolved because it is simply easier.

And that's how I play.

Edited by bachamn, 12 September 2014 - 07:10 AM.

#7 dragnmastralex

dragnmastralex

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 05:35 AM

why couldn't they just keep it simple. you have land, sea, and air beast.  you pick a total of 3 monsters each. basically play it like pokemon when your turn comes up you both fire your dice and the highst one does damage equal to the difference in dice. every monster has a total number of life points. if those life points are used up the beast is defeated and the person that defeats all 3 of their opponents beast is the winner.  you can change out your beast but only the the start of your turn and on that turn you can't choose to attack all you can do is wait til the next turn. if the beast icon comes up on the dice the type of beast you are playing matters and it becomes a rock, paper, scissors game.  air beats land, land beats sea, and sea beats air. this is an instant KO for the weaker monster type. if its a tie roll no damage takes place and the turn switches. if the beast icon comes up and both are the same type its considered a tie. you can play from 3 to 5 monsters but both players must use the same number of monsters. 

total health of each beast is 20. health can't be restored, it can't be boosted, and once a monster is KO it's removed from play. no magic til no special abilities, no bonuses. just keep it simple and it will be more fun.

Edited by dragnmastralex, 11 May 2021 - 06:46 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com