7 replies to this topic

#1 Pran

Pran

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:51 PM

Not sure if you guys would find more of these entertaining or not... let me know

https://youtu.be/UVPxiaeMAgM

https://youtu.be/yeMDpbpS_Zg

thanks

pran

#2 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:56 PM

My lion got wood.  What kind of camera do you have?

#3 Pran

Pran

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:08 PM

Just using a Galaxy Note 3 and like 3 lamps all pointed at the figure.

#4 Mikeum

Mikeum

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:MINI BOGLIIIIINS

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:55 PM

awesome dude

also, amazing game room!

uHcmBgl.jpg?1

#5 Pran

Pran

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

Thanks.. i really should do an updated game room tour... much has changed

#6 MantisFang

MantisFang

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:54 AM

Good work mang. Perfect for the attention deficit generation!
Looking forward to your future reviews.

#7 Draznar

Draznar

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5060 posts
  • Interests:Battle Tribes, Boba Fett and an odd mish-mash of everything else

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:50 PM

Two things:

Your voice isn't obnoxious. That is awesome for people planning to review things.

I really like the idea of a one minute toy review. I don't like to sit around watching a ten-minute video of a toy. I just want some quick high-lights, pointers, etc.

Nicely done.

<p><a href='http://www.littlerub...0&st=0&p=640656'><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);">Check out my collection!</span></a></p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href='https://www.instagra...heloveofplastic'><span style="color:#990000;">Follow me on Instagram!</span></a></p>
<p>

#8 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:18 PM

Yes, absolutely.  You are off to a good start.  Most toy reviews are completely UN-watchable. 

Aside from knowledge of the subject,  you have several things going for you:

1. Brevity

2. You did not waste our time with some filler-bs-branding douche-bag INTRO lead-in crap blasting music and graphics and logos and JUNK. 

3. Like Draz said, your voice is not annoying.  ALSO, you are not playing this hyper-emotional, way-too-excited, look-at-me-I-made-a-video vocal BS angle.

4. You are not UNBOXING anything.  Give me a break, just show us the item people. 

5. Your fingernails are clean.  Seems like a stupid point, but so many people have dirty effing hands and long nasty fingernails.  Personally, I still hate looking at people's fingernails and cuticles and hangnails and crap.  There is one guy that I have seen who does decent toy reviews and he puts the item on a turntable (not a record player, just a spice rack Lazy Susan.  No offense to Susan). He can rotate the thing and show all angles of the toy.  Really professional looking for like $5.  No skin reveals required.

6.  You don't put your face in the videos.  SO sick of people trying to brand themselves and their kids by putting themselves in the videos like they are some celebrity because they bought a toy.  Yippie. 

7. No music is best.  Something instrumental in the background is usually not too bad.  But too many people put songs with lyrics that compete for the attention of the information being given.

8.  Knowledge of subject without being some arrogant "expert."  Bears repeating.  Keep it simple. 

Keep up the good work.  I would definitely watch more. 

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com