Theme© by Fisana

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

What Mega Bloks minifigures do you collect?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:31 AM

I mentioned it elsewhere, but these new super-articulated Mega Bloks figures have me hooked. Especially the Halo armored figures! I don't even play Halo or anything, to me they're just colorful, super-poseable robots with a bunch of unique molds.

Anyway, here are my Teenage Mutant Edgelord Turtles. A combination of TMNT, Halo and Terminator pieces.

EiXexyC.jpg

#2 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:37 AM

That Donatello reminds me of the Image TMNT series Donatello! Haha cool stuff.

#3 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:19 AM

Well done!  I always wanted to do HALO Kitty with those two Mega Bloks lines.  Not much pop-and-swap since the Hello Kitty figures are basically one piece each.  I could give the Hello Kitty figures guns and have the HALO dudes watering flowers, but could not really swap parts. 

I have some TMNT blind-baggers.  I have an extra Red Shred.

#4 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:51 AM

That Donatello reminds me of the Image TMNT series Donatello! Haha cool stuff.

Haha, that's kinda what I was thinking too. Those were wacky days...

zT3E9ij.jpg

Well done!  I always wanted to do HALO Kitty with those two Mega Bloks lines.  Not much pop-and-swap since the Hello Kitty figures are basically one piece each.  I could give the Hello Kitty figures guns and have the HALO dudes watering flowers, but could not really swap parts. 

I have some TMNT blind-baggers.  I have an extra Red Shred.

Cool! I got one of the TMNT blind bags but haven't gotten more because they're so much less poseable than the TMNT collector series.

Edited by mimoman, 29 February 2016 - 09:51 AM.

#5 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:46 AM

Mimo, they certainly were wacky days, but I'll be damned if I didn't love that run. Raph running the Foot? Cyborg Donny? Werebat Splinter? It was a wild ride, but I loved it.

#6 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:03 AM

Plus Savage Dragon and She-Dragon were there kicking butt... like adults. 

#7 Defzombie

Defzombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Plastic Army men, Cowboys, Ninjas, Knights etc..

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:02 PM

I have a few modern COD figures, but I love the legends WWII sets. I also have the Terminator Genisys sets and a few misc figures like Halo. Oh and I have one Assassins Creed set

Edited by Defzombie, 29 February 2016 - 09:02 PM.

My blog about action figures: RetroAction Reaction

#8 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:20 PM

I have a few modern COD figures, but I love the legends WWII sets. I also have the Terminator Genisys sets and a few misc figures like Halo. Oh and I have one Assassins Creed set

I really dig the Terminator skeleton dudes. Especially the detailed head. All you need is to swap an appendage on another figure and boom! Instant cyborg thing.

They're surprisingly cheap on Amazon, too. I guess because Genisys bombed.

VDFGX9J.jpg

Edited by mimoman, 01 March 2016 - 07:20 PM.

#9 OneTallPonderosa

OneTallPonderosa

OCD Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Interests:MUSCLE, LEGO, MIMP, Ballpoint Pens, Insects, Coins, Books

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:37 PM

I like the Call of Duty figures in the hazmat suits.

And the Mega Bloks Lich King.

Check out my want list: http://www.littlerub...howtopic=269336

I am always looking for more Robin Mask #214, Sunshine, Announcer, Claw, and Parthenon - MUSCLE or KESHI of any type!

LETS MAKE A DEAL! :ph34r:

#10 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:54 PM

Genisys bombed, yes, but also I believe Mega couldn't find US retailers interested enough to actually carry them. Draznar or others could confirm, but I'm sure they got a brick and mortar release in Canada, while no one bothered in the US aside from Amazon.

I've owned a few Mega Bloks Halo figures here and there for years, from a ship from the very first wave of the line that was so bad in build quality I nearly trashed it to the odd figure here and there from the Alpha, Bravo and Charlie blindbags.

Also, I own exactly one Call of Duty figure, the all-gold astronaut when Kmart started selling all the exclusive bagged figures from that year. It's so gaudy!

#11 Defzombie

Defzombie

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:Plastic Army men, Cowboys, Ninjas, Knights etc..

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:50 PM

I got all my Terminator Genisys mega bloks on sale from Amazon... except one. I found one at a TJMaxx

Edited by Defzombie, 01 March 2016 - 09:51 PM.

My blog about action figures: RetroAction Reaction

#12 BladeRunner

BladeRunner

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Secretly re-living the 80's behind my wifes back.

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:52 AM

MB's Suk...

LEGO's RULE!

jk - I like certain lines like the Teminator. BUT the connection pieces don't seem as consistent as Lego's... just an observation.

#13 Spaceknight

Spaceknight

Powerful Living Rock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:26 PM

I really liked (and bought all of) the blind bagged Marvel figs they were doing before they lost the license to LEGO. I wished they'd been able to release a few more waves as some cool prototype figs were shown at one of the toy fairs. They'd be even more awesome with the newer super articulated body.

I also have quite a few of the Dragons Universe sets as they reminded me of Dino-Riders.

#14 majinmoo

majinmoo

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:17 AM

The Dragon's Universe line was one of the most underated toylines to come out in a while.  The figures were amazing, the dragon sculpst were awesome and the vehicles were pretty cool.  The figure 5 packs were an awesome grab as well.  Then they brought in series 2 and it immediately got shelved due to the upcoming World of Warcraft line, which was also pretty exceptional from a figure standpoint. 

Truly disappointing what happened to Dragons Universe, and WOW line as well.  Feels like it should have done better.  I would have thought with the huge fanbase it would have been still pumping out stuff especially for the new movie coming soon and yet it failed.  Is the Megabloks < Lego stigma that big?

#15 mimoman

mimoman

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:30 AM

It's too bad Dragon's Universe came and went before Mega Bloks implemented their super-articulated minifigs. It looks like a cool concept.

Is the Megabloks < Lego stigma that big?

I think so, and they still kind of earn it. A lot of the bricks either fit together too loosely or too well, and the quality control just isn't as good as Lego. I've only assembled a handful of Mega Bloks sets, but even with that small sample size there have been annoying cases where pieces are warped enough not to fit together like they should

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com