516 replies to this topic

#351 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:57 PM

Unless you're planning on reselling them in the future for a super high price, there's really no reason not to take articulated figures like these out of the box, since they're meant to be posed. Even then, their packaging is simple and sturdy enough that you could always just keep the plastic and box and stick it back in should the time come, the only thing that you really can't give it back is the plastic wrap around certain articulation points.

Trust me dude, I know, haha. I only meant that I'd be effectively "returning" my Ashuraman and using that money to pay for an OCE Ashuraman.

Also, wouldn't be surprised to see Ashuraman come with three of his Crying Face.

They're certainly gonna save the crying face for his teal and silver re-re-release in 2018 ;)

#352 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Romando's Kinnikuman line

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

It honestly kind of sucks that they didn't start earlier. I don't like waiting 2+ weeks for figures so aside from an ebay Ramenman figure (which at least IMO is so far the best figure in the line) and the occasional figure that gets US stocks for Amazon Prime (weirdly enough recently Robin Mask's OCE got some Prime stock and I snagged the last one), I've got nothing. It makes sense though, before discovering this thread I figured I was the only person in the US that liked Kinnikuman enough (or at all) to buy the figures.

I feel your pain - Kinnikuman is so underexposed in the West. Even a lot of people who collect the Kinkeshi/M.U.S.C.L.E. figures don't really follow the actual Kinnikuman story. Even my anime and manga addict friends don't follow it. 

Ramenman looks like a really nice figure, I'm trying to track him down but he has been an insanely tough get since his release

#353 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:23 AM

It's possible but I wouldn't hold my breath. The Nisei characters simply don't have the same massive appeal as the classic characters. Companies have been making figures of characters from the original Kinnikuman run for going on 40 years now, with no signs of slowing down. Conversely, there are very few Nisei figures (relative to those of the original run)

I could see SHF covering maybe Mantaro and like, Kevin Mask but I doubt it'll be anything comprehensive

#354 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

It's possible but I wouldn't hold my breath. The Nisei characters simply don't have the same massive appeal as the classic characters. Companies have been making figures of characters from the original Kinnikuman run for going on 40 years now, with no signs of slowing down. Conversely, there are very few Nisei figures (relative to those of the original run)
I could see SHF covering maybe Mantaro and like, Kevin Mask but I doubt it'll be anything comprehensive

I would still be satisfied if they just made Kevin and Mantaro.

#355 ISoldMyBloodToSatan

ISoldMyBloodToSatan

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

Great news on the Bluefin distribution.   I held off on POing Brocken Jr, but if I ran into him in-hand in an actual store, I'd have a real hard time not waking out with him.  

US distribution might make a decent difference in price for the larger upcoming figures like Sunshine and Silverman  (assuming he is the same size as Akuma)

#356 unclevatred

unclevatred

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:53 AM

Great news on the Bluefin distribution.   I held off on POing Brocken Jr, but if I ran into him in-hand in an actual store, I'd have a real hard time not waking out with him.  

US distribution might make a decent difference in price for the larger upcoming figures like Sunshine and Silverman  (assuming he is the same size as Akuma)

I'm REALLY hoping Barnes and Noble ends up with Ashura Man and Brocken. They carry so much stupid, obscure anime related shit that doesn't sell, so why not take a chance with Kinnikuman?

#357 ISoldMyBloodToSatan

ISoldMyBloodToSatan

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:02 AM

I'm REALLY hoping Barnes and Noble ends up with Ashura Man and Brocken. They carry so much stupid, obscure anime related shit that doesn't sell, so why not take a chance with Kinnikuman?

I think there is a chance. B&N (much like Gamestop) is really trying to expand thier offerings into the collector market. OCE Ashura is an eye-catching figure for sure, so it's a good one to start a domestic line with cconsidering most don't know the property. As far as Brocken....well...let's just hope these big distributors don't take too close a look at him, lol.

#358 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:17 AM

Merged in the Nisei Figuarts thread.

#359 rajikaru

rajikaru

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

I think there is a chance. B&N (much like Gamestop) is really trying to expand thier offerings into the collector market. OCE Ashura is an eye-catching figure for sure, so it's a good one to start a domestic line with cconsidering most don't know the property. As far as Brocken....well...let's just hope these big distributors don't take too close a look at him, lol.

I think that may be a little exaggerated, at least for this version of Brocken. Without his coat he just looks like a sort of War General type wrestler, not a straight up Nazi, kind of like an offspring of or reference to Sgt. Slaughter, who (even though he's also just a racist caricature, of the US pre-Cold War) is fairly popular outside of the wrestling world.

Also, the fact that he's a good guy may alleviate at the very least a little bit of merchandise worry. That goes for most of the characters in the series, they all really evolved out of their respective stereotypes except for their outfit designs, the only character that I would really say still gives off a racist vibe would be Robin Mask because of his Sean Connery voice in the US releases.

But I digress. New Brocken looks much better than old Brocken.

#360 rajikaru

rajikaru

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

REPOST, my bad I don't know if that's allowed or not here

zObzaqK.jpg

I'm still really curious as to how Sunshine's articulation will work. Does anybody have any idea, or maybe an example on another figure? Also, it looks like he'll have the cleft chin from his Yudetamago-original art. 

Edited by rajikaru, 22 March 2017 - 08:37 PM.

#361 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

I'm still really curious as to how Sunshine's articulation will work. Does anybody have any idea, or maybe an example on another figure? Also, it looks like he'll have the cleft chin from his Yudetamago-original art. 

I was wondering this too, while reading the Thingman vs Sunshine fight. I'm just speculating, but seeing as there are the clear pieces at his shoulders and hips, we can guess a little bit. 
It'll probably be hinges at his knees, shoulders, and elbows, with limited ball joints at his hips. Pivot at the waist, neck, wrists.

I'm anticipating his overall build to be more like a Master Grade gunpla kit than your average SHF. If that's the case, Bandai might use the same schematic that they use for knees on their gunpla. For those who don't build model kits, some of the more advanced ones have a neat mechanic that lets the joint slide out slightly once it reaches a 90 degree angle to allow for a wider bend without serious breaks in the sculpt. 

Also (and this is pretty speculative), I think there might be some swapping gimmick for Sunshine's chest. The outline there looks like it might allow the chestpiece to pop off to replace it with the Cursed Rollers.

Time will tell!

sunshines02.png

#362 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

Are they releasing a Terryman figure?

#363 darkhadou316

darkhadou316

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:36 AM

There was a figure of Terryman with Silver hair and red tights that has a prototype. He might be released later this year but that hasn't been confirmed Mantaro9. Hope this helps!

#364 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:41 AM

It did help thank you!

#365 darkhadou316

darkhadou316

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:10 PM

http://i.imgur.com/vhzgmyY.jpg

Mantaro9 here is the image of the prototype.

#366 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:59 AM

This is a cool custom figure, but I wish there was an official one.

Attached Files

Edited by Mantaro9, 13 April 2017 - 09:03 AM.

#367 darkhadou316

darkhadou316

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

That's pretty awesome! I wish they made both of them!

#368 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:23 AM

Any new news on the Sh figuarts distribution?
Have they said anything about Barnes and Noble?

#369 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5097 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

No. Bandai Japan's (and Bluefin's) release schedules work far in the future and slowly.

#370 darkhadou316

darkhadou316

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:05 AM

Here is the long awaited OCE Terryman slated for a September 2017 Release! http://www.shfiguart...s-Terryman.html

Here is the long awaited OCE Kinnikuman slated for a September 2017 Release! http://www.shfiguart...or-Edition.html

YAY!

#371 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:46 AM

OCE Terryman slated for a September 2017 Release! 

Yes! I'm really glad about Terryman finally coming out. But at risk of sounding like a total dirtbag, it's actually the anime color release, not a OCE release. The OCE would be grey/silver hair and red/white gear.

Either way, I'm pleasantly surprised that Bandai released the anime colors first, instead of drawing it out with an OCE release, like they teased at the last Tamashii Nations.

OFdAwHA.jpgtqEplMn.jpg
GSSFFqH.jpg

Three heads, plus our fateful train track tramp. Not my first choice for an accessory, but hey, nobody's asking.
I'm also glad they went back to the drawing board and made a totally new neutral head, instead of using the sub-par head that came with Kinnikuman Great last year.
Overall looks like a great figure, but I can't help but feel that Bandai will give OCE Terry better accessories. Swappable boots with broken laces, anyone?

#372 HobbyQuest

HobbyQuest

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:08 AM

As far as the OCE Suguru...Bandai really missed a golden opportunity here. It's obviously the exact same as the original anime colors figure, and was only a matter of time. However, they could have just molded one silly head, and it would have sold like hotcakes. We've already got the original red trunks figure rereleased a couple times, and then the KN leotard, so I doubt there are a ton of people who DON'T have a Suguru, or who feel like this is a really compelling purchase. Even Brocken got a better deal. Oh well.

13pe8ob.jpg

I guess they'll still get the chance when they do an inevitable yellow trunks figure...or a blue shirt figure...or tank top...or the Satan Cross Defend Suit...or a samurai entrance costume...or even a Hawaiian shirt Suguru! 

exk3Twy.jpg

#373 Kanji

Kanji

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

Oh yeah!! Awesome news! I'm really pleased for Anime colors Terryman!! It is an iconic look! I was annoyed when we got OCE Ramenman first without an anime ver.

Suguru on the other hand is a very easy pass. I would have preferred his Dream Tag Tournament red tanktop ver. or an OCE black SFHT outfit over this.

I will certainly be pre-ordering Terry along with SSJ3 Goku for September!!!

#374 Mantaro9

Mantaro9

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:51 PM

I'm happy that they went with the anime version.

#375 toyhandle

toyhandle

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:50 AM

Terryman looks great. Love that facial expression. Very much the one he makes while watching a match.

My colorizing of the OCE figure was pretty close.

0oNRrOm.jpg

The bolder yellow stars and the lack of white trimmings on the boot tops and bottoms are accurate to the anime.
For some reason I was basing it off of the CCP statue.

LRPtpkX.jpg

FOZuRx5.jpg

Now Kinnikuman, I did this colorization a long time ago, and was bored enough by it that I didn't bother to even have clean lines in my edits.

9UqxY8r.jpg

This release reminds me of when the SHF DBZ line released PCE Vegeta, a repaint of their previous SS Vegeta figure. Immediately after releasing that figure, they announced their SS Vegeta 2.0 figure, which was an entirely new sculpt with new engineering in the articulation. I wonder if something similar could happen here, where this OCE Kinnikuman is their last use of that mold, and they will soon reveal an updated figure.

I made this to show what that could be like.

13Jm7IP.jpg

I just recolored the torso with a tanktop deco and pasted the scramble head over the original head.

Edited by toyhandle, 22 April 2017 - 11:28 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com