#1 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Living up to my name

Posted 30 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

I mentioned this before but I finished it and gave it to my nephew as a gift.

Picture of it unveiled and then covered with figures he received.

Spoiler

I also gave him 45 M.U.S.C.L.E so far, 22 reissue 29th Anniversary Kinnikuman, 6 Minions, and two each of Garbage Pail Kid minis, grossery gang, & uglies pet shop.  I also got my dad to give him a 12 pack trashcan of Super7's M.o.t.U  wave 2 Muscle.   Picking it up for him I was looking at a couple cans in the comic store and chose the one with a glow-in-the-dark Battle Cat for him.   His favorite figure ended up being the reissue of Warsman with spikes (which would be super rare if it was a Muscle).   Most of the muscle and some of the reissue kinnikuman I hid like Easter eggs, giving him a few more here & there.   It was great seeing his face light up each time I told him I hid some more for him.  His younger sister also found them interesting.   I was surprised to find I made it strong enough to support the weight of either one of them (age 7 and 3) putting their hands down on the wooden panels and leaning on it.

It's made of two 15"x11+" boxes I cut up with a mostly intact box lid totally underneath.

A tile for the main play area in the middle and wooden panel/tile narrower end pieces from a hardware store (actually less than $5 in those materials).

Painted it gray and drew the stone brick lines with a marker.

It's put together with super strong double-sided sticky tape, Gemtac glue (meant for fabric), and black duct tape totally underneath out of site.

Loads of pictures at https://imgur.com/a/11sHm

First a picture of original game.  Then pics of 3 player game with friends with some bare starting materials and placeholders.  Then the finished game before and after giving it as a gift.

I revised and printed out new rules appropriately and made custom dice instead of a spinner.

Video of the new game next to original: 

Spoiler

Edited by Crunkenstein, 30 December 2017 - 04:37 PM.

#2 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

This is awesome! Coincidentally I introduced my nephew to MUSCLE figures this Christmas. He played the MUSCLE game for the first time and when it was time to "battle" we used the Hard Knockin' Rockin' Ring (I also extended the game to 50 figures). He's German so it was cool introducing him to something new and who knows maybe he'll be hooked!

Edited by kayfabe1985, 31 December 2017 - 06:13 AM.

#3 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

Cool!   How'd you expand the game to 50 figures?   I just kept the no more than two of the same team to a space rule for up to 10 guys per a team but expanding the play area for four teams, although having a rule of no more than two different teams standing on a space at once.  Haven't thought of how to run 3-way or 4-way combat at once, heh heh.   I had the rocking ring when I was a kid, but of course a clip or two broke and it sat in the basement for I don't know how long before disappearing.  Besides that, I only ever lost one of the side pockets to my belt and any trashcans I had or other packaging.  Except I always saved two backs of 28-packs I cut out with the comic strip.  Anyway at first unveiling, my nephew's fav is Warsman with Spikes. with Junkman with big spike panels, Hawkman with Hellbird on head, Buffaloman, and maybe Sunshine following.  I gave him a lot after that including Sneagator as the Claw, Sunshine as the Top, the Hawkman with big wings, and Neptuneman.   Didn't actually get to play the boardgame with him yet, but we played Galactic Wrestling for PS2 and his favorite guy in that was Buffalo Rampage and then he played a little of Warsman.

Although I have the original,I took the rules from Nathan's Muscle Blog and revised them before printing them out as follows:

Spoiler

#4 kayfabe1985

kayfabe1985

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1362 posts
  • Interests:Former Pro Wrestler so naturally Wrestling, Kinnikuman, Saint Seiya, Kinkeshi, Deka Kinkeshi & throw in some AoA!

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:04 AM

I also did not follow the board game rules to a "T"; I played it with my family (5 people) and each person got 10 figures (hence the 50) and we just played.

Kinda making the rules as we went along but still keeping the basics. My nephew enjoyed the "Battle" aspect the most and really liked any Ashuraman sculpt (due to the many arms).

I also introduced him to Kinkeshi (first by sorting out my doubles according to color) and we just played with the Hard Knockin' Rockin' Ring.

But he asked to keep 1 Kinkeshi and that was a green sculpt #256 from Part 18; due to him being super into Ninjago and it reminded him of a snake character he didn't own (haha).

#5 Crunkenstein

Crunkenstein

Krunk-en-sh-tEYEn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

Back to playing with my place holder and bare starting stuff for custom expanded game at a friend's house, I let his son arrange the board in different configurations such as two bridges connecting my tile to the original game board.  Gave him five muscle and one reissue kinkeshi as well.  He wants Dai Ukon and Hammerhead now since they were his favorite among mine to play the game with.  I at least have an extra Dai Ukon to give him next time.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com