#51 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:13 AM

I was wondering, could someone set up a poll, I haven't done this yet, donnow how 2.
I would like to see what y'all prefer, drinking beer out of a glass, a bottle or a can?

Personnally the better (heavier) beers I drink out of a glass,
as to allowing their foam to please the eyes and lips. :D
More regular beers I drink straight out of the can, personally I hate bottles.

DrunK77

Edited by Donkeykid77, 21 June 2008 - 01:14 AM.

Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#52 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:09 AM

I was wondering, could someone set up a poll, I haven't done this yet, donnow how 2.
I would like to see what y'all prefer, drinking beer out of a glass, a bottle or a can?

as to allowing their foam to please the eyes and lips. B)

DrunK77

Guinness Draught in an ice cold pint glass!!! That is the ONLY way! B)

I totally dig it when the bartender makes a clover on the head of the beer from the tap! That is kickin'! :)

TGB

#53 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:25 AM

as to allowing their foam to please the eyes and lips. B)

DrunK77

I with with you there mate! Dark beers with nice heads are best from the glass! I am not a fan of bottles at all. I am also with THEGODBEAST on Guinness Draught. That stuff is mighty fine on tap on a hot day. Great flavor and not too heavy as compared to the Guinness Extra Stout. The Extra Stout is one of my favs, but do not go down as smooth as the Draught.
Posted Image

#54 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:32 AM

the market that is by 3500 s and redwood?

That is the one mate (haven't been there for a while, but I am sure it is still there) - not too far down the street from there is a great Korean restaurant called Myung GA.

I know you can also get it at Wild Oats, however not sure how authentic that brand is.
Posted Image

#55 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:04 PM

I usually drink all my beer at home out of a frosted mug I keep in the freezer. If its a beer I can get in cans, I will, simply because there is less chance of it being skunked. I mean, you dont know how long some beers sit on the shelves before you come along and get them. Although anymore, places are packaging their bottles in heavy cardboard boxes, so that helps. If I'm at the pub I always ask for a glass.

#56 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

Yes, I would drink all Guinness-like beers in a glass. Drinking one out of a bottle is like drinking chocolate pudding with a straw. Actually, I think I've heard Guinness and other European beers are "supposed" to be served room temperature...

A lot of times, when I'm out with friends, we get pitchers of beer. So inevitably, you end up getting a glass or two of warm/flat beer. The glass ends up getting warm too. And then at parties, there's always a keg or two, and idiots always over-pump the keg. They think they need to pump the keg each time they get a beer... so by the end of the night, the beer is flat. I've also been to many bars where the beer from the tap is flat or otherwise just plan shizznitty. With a bottle, there's a safer bet the beer will be fresh, and it's always cold.

I drink cans at home, but the beer seems even more carbonated than draft or bottled, and it doesn't flow out as nicely as a glass or bottle.

In the end, I think it all depends on the beer you're drinking and the environment.
Posted Image

#57 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

The Man on the Silver Mountain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster In My Pocket, Gormiti, Trash Pack, other LRGs that may strike my fancy, and other stuff no-one else likely gives a damn about

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:15 PM

Drinking (Guinness) out of a bottle is like drinking chocolate pudding with a straw.

Yeah, in terms of consistency, that's a good analogy. I always thought it looked like used 5W-30 with a little foam added, and the taste reminded me of baking soda...

Current collecting goal: obtain all 148 Monster In My Pocket Series 1 figures in regular colors (71.62% there)

So many toys, so little money!

#58 el midgetron

el midgetron

Squirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:31 PM

I perfer to drink beer out of a super-model's navel (at least I think I do, still waiting for a chance to :lol: ). Second to that I perfer to drink from a glass, however not wanting to have to wash a glass when I am done, I usualy drink from the bottle. Not much of a fan of cans. If for some reason I buy cans, I comit myself to having to wash a dirty a glass when I am done.
Posted Image

#59 Donkeykid77

Donkeykid77

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Interests:Battle Beasts!

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:04 AM

I perfer to drink beer out of a super-model's navel (at least I think I do, still waiting for a chance to :) ).

:p Though this does sound very interesting,
you would probably need over a 100 supermodels
before you actually had a complete beer! :lol:
But then again, that just makes it sound even better, doesn't it? ^_^ ;)
Integre navigo, sic itur ad astra.

#60 ComradeCuttlefish

ComradeCuttlefish

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

Beer is like drinking a loaf of bread; I'll take a scotch and soda.

#61 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:56 PM

i love some beers... but i cant pass up a good scotch, straight up and neat.

#62 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

Thanks to this thread, I ordered a Blue Moon a few weeks ago, and now it's one of my favs. :)
Posted Image

#63 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:25 PM

If you like Blue Moon try Shocktop. Its tasty!

#64 lhssenior

lhssenior

Toy Addict

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 1464 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:09 PM

I just tried Shocktop last weekend for the first time as a local bar recently switched to it from Blue Moon and I must say I think I liked it better as well!
-Barry

still tho - Guinness hands down (especially when you're distantly related to the family)

#65 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:16 PM

Actually, I think I've heard Guinness and other European beers are "supposed" to be served room temperature...

Someone better tell that to Guinness. When I was at the brewery in January they said on the tour that Guinness Draught is best served at 42.8°F, Guinness Draught cans at 38.3°F and that Guinness Draught bottles should chill in a fridge for at least 3 hours. And at the end of the tour, the 6 or so stouts that I had were definitely nice and cool.

:)

I think the idea that europeans drink room temp beer is an american myth.

Edited by asator, 12 July 2008 - 06:20 PM.

#66 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

I think the idea that europeans drink room temp beer is an american myth.

In fact, in Rand McNally, they wear hats on their feet, and hamburgers eat people.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#67 Ghost Lion

Ghost Lion

The Ghost with the most!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

But they eat people WITH a room temperature beer.

#68 Jet-Mech

Jet-Mech

The Man on the Silver Mountain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., Monster In My Pocket, Gormiti, Trash Pack, other LRGs that may strike my fancy, and other stuff no-one else likely gives a damn about

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:05 PM

I don't believe Europeans drink beer at room temperature. I, on the other hand, have been drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon as of late. Far from the best beer in the world, but it's pretty effin' cheap!

Current collecting goal: obtain all 148 Monster In My Pocket Series 1 figures in regular colors (71.62% there)

So many toys, so little money!

#69 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:47 PM

I don't believe Europeans drink beer at room temperature. I, on the other hand, have been drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon as of late. Far from the best beer in the world, but it's pretty effin' cheap!

Man, i loves me some Pabst. Actually bought a bunch halfway as a joke a few years back, and it's now my standby beer.

Also, i'd like to throw in a recommendation here for Red Hook's Longhammer IPA. I had one tonight and it was spectacular.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#70 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:45 AM

from the guinness webpage:

"GUINNESS® Draught Extra Cold is best served at around 3.5°C (38.3°F) - that’s 2.5°C (4.5°F) or so colder than GUINNESS® Draught. Like its traditional sibling, it’s served with the legendary two-part pour. First, tilt the glass to 45 degrees and carefully pour until three quarters full. When settled, fill the glass to the brim."

from wetherspoons:

"You won’t find a colder beer in Britain
This major programme of bar improvements means that our complete range of draught lagers and continental beers is chilled to perfection and served super-chilled at 1–3°C.

The fact is that lager and certain beers taste better when served chilled – they are brewed that way. The coldness adds a crispness and sharpness to the taste – so, whatever the temperature outside or in, the perfect serve is a chilled lager at below 3°C."

we usually drink larger cold, but ale isnt usually. the beers are chilled after being in the barel so it is only done with the standard largers rather than the ales which are usualy on rotation and change. Guinness is a stout but thats served chilled as its usually on permanantly where it is served and has its own pumps, its not cask fermented so the barrells dont have to sit there for a couple of days before tapping.

if anyone dosent know if an ale is cask fermented then the fizzinessis created through this process so no gasses need be added at point of sale. largers and stuff like guinness , johns smiths etc which are not cask fermented come in their barells practically flat and carbon dioxide is added to the beer at the pub. you will usuappl find if the barman is "pulling the pint" and the ale only flows on the back stroke it is cask fermented. if he lust flicks the bit at the top and it flows its not.

sorry for the rant... check out CAMRA the campaing for real ale here, i am a member it gets you cheap entry to beer festivals etc..

if you go on holiday to mainliand europe, somwhere a bit warmer its common place in some areas to serve larger in frozen glasses.

so asator you went to st jame's gate? thats well cool!

somone told me they only drink tea in england, surly that must be true!

oli
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#71 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:46 AM

I tried some Boddingtons Pub Ale for the first time night, and have to say it is now my favorite English Ale - anyone else tried it?
Posted Image

#72 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:10 AM

I tried some Boddingtons Pub Ale for the first time night, and have to say it is now my favorite English Ale - anyone else tried it?

yeah its really common here, a minor rival to john smith's its not so bad.
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#73 el midgetron

el midgetron

Squirrel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1401 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:46 AM

I am not sure where the idea that European beers are drank at room temp came from, however prior to the invention of electronic refrigeration beer was commonly served at room temp (as logical as that sounds), making the idea of drinking a "cold one" a relatively new concept in the history of beer. Infact, as I was typing that out I realized how stupid it sounds as a statement of the obvious that I felt I needed to add this disclaimer but I saw it in a show about beer and thought it was interesting tid-bit.

Edited by el midgetron, 13 July 2008 - 08:48 AM.

Posted Image

#74 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:08 AM

Yeah, I guess I didn't make that 100%, dead obvious clear in my post, haha. But that is why I put quotations around the word supposed. When and where beer was first developed, it was drank at room temp -- as were many beverages unless one had access to ice. I'm assuming that a lot of European beers, i.e. old beers, were developed before refrigeration, whereas many American beers were not. Hence, European beers are "supposed" to be consumed at room temp. Although, I'm sure that even European beers, as old as their pedigrees are, are using different formulas nowadays.

But I did hear that people from England drink their tea at room temperature. :)
Posted Image

#75 asator

asator

Still lurking around

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1145 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:26 AM

so asator you went to st jame's gate? thats well cool!

Indeed I did. This past January. It was one of the few things in Dublin that I really enjoyed.

Me at the gate.
Posted Image

Sitting in Arthur Guinness' chair.
Posted Image

THE harp.
Posted Image

The spousel unit enjoying her free beer.
Posted Image

Me, enjoying mine. Like crack though, only the first one is free.
Posted Image

My all time favorite Guinness advert.
Posted Image

It was awesome.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com