Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:07 AM

Run, facing forward!
You divided the sky with your numb hand
Your future can enlighten the world with blessings
Open up with this hand
Do you hear this voice
Obedient laugh can end (this?) laziness*
Now run!

*I can't make a lot of sense out of this line.

Well, that's the first paragraph. Much of it is guesswork (no kanji, etc) and I have no idea if it is remotely correct. Plus, the words do not appear to be correctly spaced, which makes it very difficult to work out.

Edited by Tubba, 29 November 2009 - 05:10 AM.

#127 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Anything that remembers Kinnikuman, and Bo-bobo

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:23 AM

I picked the lirycs in the first site google showed me ^^

- Here is the video "Idai na Tamashii".

Edited by Molanphy, 29 November 2009 - 06:26 AM.

#128 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

Former Resident Song Translator & Self-Proclaimed Freelancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:22 AM

If you are looking for Kawaii Kenni's Kinnikuman song translations, they are no longer on LittleRubberGuys forums. Due to what people will doubtless call "drama", or "politics", I have decided I have had enough of being called a thief, and I am sick of it happening every so often when people seem bored. My work is mine, and since people have a hard time understanding that I don't steal the work that I have spent hours on here, I don't think it should be up here any more.

Apologies to those who actually liked or appreciated my translations and didn't take them for granted, but I am sick of being the one to do work, and then get asked things like "Hey, you're a thief, right?" or "I hear you stole Kinnikuman_Muscle's work".

You may find my work still up on YouTube, but I shall not make things easier to access. Not on here.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:20 AM.

Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#129 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:35 AM

If you can find the kanji for the song, I am certain that I will translate it without fail.

#130 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:33 AM

If you can find the kanji for the song, I am certain that I will translate it without fail.

Trust me, it's so much easier when you have the kanji. I have my trusty CD set, the Choujin Daizenshuu, that I use. It's expensive, but if you buy import CDs from Japan, via CDJapan or so, you can get CDs, and they very often, if not near always, have lyrics inside their booklets.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 29 November 2009 - 09:34 AM.

Former resident song translator, and as a result, probably the distant, insignificant relative of the translation family on this board.

Update (7/1/2012 [7th Jan]) - Years away can calm a mind down quite well. I don't think of myself as some maligned martyr of the site. Rather it's just that I was unfortunately caught by the mudslinging of a rather unpleasant (and unprofessional) translator, who didn't like people taking the spotlight away from him, particularly if they happened to actually be able to properly translate work, as opposed to him. Nevertheless, despite the fact that all my work was my own, I got constantly accused of plagiarism, thanks to this unpleasant individual constantly saying how I stole his work. (When rather, it was going to end up being the other way round.)

I'm a lot more forgiving about the whole ideal, with how I ended up getting treated on this forum, as a result of this incident, but at the same time, I am still not in any mind to come back and join in again, nor will I uplaod any more of my translation work on here. This includes any of my old work, or my newer and much more accurate work. Some may see this as being petty, spiteful or based off an old grudge, and you may be right. However, I thought I'd explain things a little.

#131 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:44 AM

Yeah, I can imagine. It's especially annoying for shorter words that can have maybe 10-15 different meanings, out of which quite a few can be possible, but only one actually correct.

#132 Molanphy

Molanphy

Brazilian Choujin nº 2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Interests:Anything that remembers Kinnikuman, and Bo-bobo

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:11 PM

http://music.goo.ne....3348/index.html Is this the kanji version?

http://1895.blog.drecom.jp/archive/647 And this one?

I didn't ask you, Kenni, because i knew it that ,now, you have little free time, and for use Tubba's translation in a song ^^

Edit: Does anyone knows a guy who translates animes? And is looking for a project?

Edited by Molanphy, 29 November 2009 - 03:26 PM.

#133 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:28 PM

I'd rather have it you note it in the topic. That way, everyone else can take part of it. Thanks a lot.

@Molan: You can use my translation if you want to, but like Kenni says, his is more accurate.

As you wish. And don't feel too bad, either, if I seem to be somewhat better. As you said, the practice is what makes perfection. After all, I only got to where I am after 6 to 9 months of practice. (And that's taking into consideration my own personal talent for languages.) You're actually at the same skill as myself, if I were to be truthful. The difference is just experience. I'm just so used to getting certain words, that I could pick things out in speech. However, I'm only really good if I have the kanji and kana, and/or the romaji.

Oh, and I can have a look at that song, if you'd like, Molanphy.

Moving on, some of the points I could point out are:

1) The conditional "-eba" form means more or less what it says. "If this condition is fulfilled, then THIS can happen". The way you phrased it, with "He can dance in the sky" is more akin to the permissive mood. It's hard to pinpoint "can". I usually tend to use "If" or "Should" for this form. The condition in this sentence is "If Kinnikuman Great were to dance in the air", and the action is the "Martial Arts Kick".

2) You put "sei wo hirugaeshi" as "he will turn around with his Rolling Savate." First, "Rolling Savate" actually isn't linked into the sentence, it's more something implied. The point is, however, that the verb "hirugaesu" turns into "hirugaeshi". This is the gerund, or the "-te form" in Japanese. It's usually for "-ing" forms of a verb. e.g. "Go" turns into "going".

For "I will turn on my back", this form is usually "sei wo hirugaeshizzniteyaru" (or "hirugaeshizznite yaru", if you will).

3) You were asking about "sh-i-tteru na". The verb is from "shiru", and it's in the continuative and/or gerund form. Literally, "you are knowing this". "Na" in this case is, I assume, just a little particle added on to make it slightly interrogative, or basically asking for confirmation. If you say "ka na", I find it is usually the character is saying "I wonder" or words along those lines. So it's more or less "But you already know that, right?"

4) "kuitai" is very specifically "I want to eat". To say, "I want/would like some ramen" by itself, the phrase is "Ramen ga hoshii". Literally, "ramen is wanted/in demand". If a word is ending in "tai", often it is the form of wanting to do a verb. In this case, "kuu" becomes "kuitai". I make a point about "kuitai", particularly since "kuu" is very specific for eating. It's a specifically male, more vulgar way of saying "eat", as opposed to "taberu", or "tabetai (I want to eat)".

Of course, not ALL words ending in "tai" are a verb in the volitional mood. For instance, "kanzentai", the name for Cell's perfect form in Dragonball Z, is Japanese for "perfect body/form", "tai" specifically meaning "body" in this case. A general rule of thumb would be if there is a kanji where "tai" is, it's a noun. If it looks like a verb, and has "たい" at the end of it (or a little less frequently, "タイ", when katakana is being used), it's to say "I want to [verb]".

5) "Miseru" is "to show/display". To see, in its transitive form, is "miru". You may get mixed up, as well, with "mieru", which is "to appear/look/be seen".

To give examples, "miseru" would be "Ore no hissatsu waza wo miseteyaru". The verb, in its original form, is "miseru". The sentence is "I will show you my finishing move/certain-kill technique."

For "mieru", we have "Hoshi-tachi wa sora ni mieru". "Stars are seen in the sky."

And for "miru", there is "Hora mite!" Here, the gerund form is used as an imperative. It's slightly confusing, that way. "Hey, lookie here!"

To further make things complicated, "miru" can also be used as "try". Think of it as "see if you can do this" or "try this". For example, "Ore wo taoshi miro!", or "Try and beat me down!" or "See if you can beat me down!"

Just to finish off, you wrote it as "be seen upheld". This brings us onto the passive mode. Mostly, you will see this as a form where "rareru" is used. For "miseru", it would "miserareru", or "to be shown/displayed".

I'll end here for now, because if I go on, I'd be getting really nitpicky on things, and plus, 5 points are enough. You are still learning, after all. If you have other questions, though, please feel free to ask, whether it be here or through PMs.

Thanks a lot, I learned a lot from that. I find that many of the hardest translations are when they toss in Engrish right into the sentence and you don't really have any idea how you're supposed to interpret this, making some sentences just about impossible to translate.

@Molan: Yeah, that looks good. I'll look into it.

#134 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

Well, I worked out two paragraphs fairly well. It doesn't exactly help that the text appears to be some garbled nonsense about growing up, but I think I can make sense out of it... Eventually.

Run! Face forward!
With your numb hand, you painted in the sky
The blessed light in your future will be lighted
Cut open with this hand
Do you hear? This voice?
You can gently laugh at trouble, embracing the end
Now dash!

Just dye your fingertip with a bit of adult color
Hiding in this shine (?)**
Rest your chin in your hands, gaze at the horizon*
A small bud, swaying from side to side

*lit appears to be "at the tip of your line of vision"
**I can make very little sense out of this line; 照れくさそうに そっと隠して

#135 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:07 AM

Urgent news, for all who actually care about my work in translating. I have officially withdrawn from university, for reasons of personal issues which I won't go into. However, this now means I have free time again. At least until January.

#136 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:17 AM

All right, time for Sand Monster.

A lump of concrete
Is coming right for your heart
That is the Pyramid of Hell
Tonight, you shall quietly go to hell
Anyone who calls upon justice
My devil will awaken
A bloody, unwavering buildings
With connection to neither love nor tears

Sunshiiiiine, Sunshiiiiine, A cruel fight
Sunshiiiiine, Sunshiiiiine, Is my purpose in life
The mat shall be replaced by a dry desert
Buried alive by the sand monster

In the heart of the sun lie the key parts
Undoing your final time
You will not escape the sand hell
There is plenty of reason for you to go there

Sunshiiine, Sunshiiiine, if you lose to foul play
Sunshiiine, Sunshiiiine, it's still my win!
The square ring will become a sea of blood
When you have fought the sand monster

The mat shall be replaced by a dry desert
Buried alive by the sand monster

Seems to be a habit of ending the sentences with "sa" (Dunno if Sunshine does this), and there were a lot of particles lumped together, but I think it came out rather well.

Edited by Tubba, 04 December 2009 - 03:24 AM.

#137 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:42 AM

If you are looking for Kawaii Kenni's Kinnikuman song translations, they are no longer on LittleRubberGuys forums. Due to what people will doubtless call "drama", or "politics", I have decided I have had enough of being called a thief, and I am sick of it happening every so often when people seem bored. My work is mine, and since people have a hard time understanding that I don't steal the work that I have spent hours on here, I don't think it should be up here any more.

Apologies to those who actually liked or appreciated my translations and didn't take them for granted, but I am sick of being the one to do work, and then get asked things like "Hey, you're a thief, right?" or "I hear you stole Kinnikuman_Muscle's work".

You may find my work still up on YouTube, but I shall not make things easier to access. Not on here.

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:21 AM.

#138 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:22 AM

Ah, thanks, that cleared it up a bit.

This sentence makes little sense to me, however: Ore no akuma ga me wo samasu no sa

Okay, so "my devil" is the object of the sentence. Oh, wait, "me" could be the verb "sprout"... And "no" could be "field", rather than a possessive particle... That could make it something like

Ore no akuma ga me wo samasu no sa
Chi no kayowanu birudingu

"My devil shall sprout a field
Of buildings bound by blood"

That possible?

Though it's all guesswork in the end.

Edited by Tubba, 03 December 2009 - 07:22 AM.

#139 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:40 AM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:22 AM.

#140 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:51 AM

All right, thanks for clearing that up.

Now there's just the "Ai mo namida mo kankei nai ze". Should this be "No connection to love or tears" or "Love and tears are not connected"?

#141 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 01 January 2010 - 07:22 AM.

#142 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:42 AM

Well, I put it as "With connection to neither love nor tears". That seems pretty appropriate.

EDIT: Silly me, I translated Zankoku into "violent" (zangyaku) instead of the more appropriate "cruel".

Edited by Tubba, 04 December 2009 - 03:23 AM.

#143 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:28 AM

Indeed. You'd think "The Cruel Angel's These", love it or hate it, would make you remember. (Note I use "These", German for "Thesis".)

Edited by Kawaii Kenni, 04 December 2009 - 07:03 AM.

#144 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:50 AM

I think the obsession of the word Zangyakku in Kinnikuman screwed up the part of my brain that remembers Zankoku.

#145 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:48 AM

I was bored, so I translated Tetsujin Kamehame.

"Kodomo-tachi yo, nakitai toki ni wa omoikkiri na kurai.
Daga itsu mademo mesomeso shi-te wa ikan zo.
Sugu ni tachinaoru n' da."

"My children, at times when you want to cry, cry as much as you want.
However, you will never get anywhere by weeping!
Once you're done, you must pull yourself together at once!"

Sono mukashi
Idai naru hawai no ou ga ita
Sono na wa kamehameha

Once upon a time
There was a great king of Hawaii
His name was Kamehameha

Kagayaku taiyou aoi umi
Ou no moeru chi wo hiite
Kyou ni ikiru mukan no teiou kamehame

Amongst the shining sun and blue sea
Flowing with the burning blood of a king
Here lives an uncrowned monarch, Kamehame

(Kamehame) wakaki choujin (Kamehame) seigi no mikata
(Kamehame) kinnikuman ni takusu no wa
Seigi wo mamorinuku aku wo tatakinomesu yonjuuhachi no satsujin waza

(Kamehame) A young chojin (Kamehame) and ally of justice,
(Kamehame) Kinnikuman, he places his trust in
To protect justice to the very end, and fight evil with all his might, with the fourty-eight finishing moves

"Kono yo de ichiban taisetsu na koto wa
aku wo nikumu tadashii kokoro to
donna koto ga atte mo zettai ni hekotarenai konjou da.
Tadashii kokoro to konjou wo motte totsukaru toki
Kajiba no kusojikara ga hakki sareru no da.
Kono kamehame no iu koto wo shinjite kure."

"There is nothing more important in this world
than to possess a just spirit, detesting evil
And no matter what happens, to never ever lose your fighting spirit
With this spirit and willpower
You will be able to proudly wield your burning inner strength
Trust the words of this old man."

Katsute
Make wo shiranu hawai no ou ga ita
Sono na wa kamehameha

Once
There was a king of Hawaii, who never knew defeat
His name was Kamehameha

Kirameku hoshiboshi shiroi nami
Ou no kokoro wo uketsuide
Mirai shinjiru shin no tetsujin kamehame
(Kamehame) wakaki choujin (Kamehame) honoo no senshi
Yuujou mamorinuku hikyoumono uchinomesu
Hissatsu waza fuurin kazan

Amongst the glittering stars and white waves
Having inherited the heart of a king
With faith in the future, a true man of iron, Kamehame
(Kamehame) A young chojin, (Kamehame) and burning warrior,
To protect friendship to the very end, and beat down cowards
with the final technique, "Wind, woods, fire, mountain"

(Kamehame) wakaki choujin (Kamehame) seigi no mikata
Seigi wo mamorinuku aku wo tatakinomesu yonjuuhachi no satsujin waza

(Kamehame) A young chojin (Kamehame) and ally of justice,
To protect justice to the very end, and fight evil with all his might, with the fourty-eight finishing moves

#146 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:56 AM

Hm... I've tried to translate Kiken da Kiken da Kendaman, but it seems to use a lot of dialectal words (Kansai, I think), making it quite difficult. I'm making progress though.

I also got my Kinnikuman Choujin Daizenshuu shipped today, which should include a lyrics book with kanji.

#147 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

It's a fair translation, at first looks, though I'd have to look properly to really see if there's anything wrong. And that song is annoying to work on. I generally kept finding excuses to not look at it, and even now, when I'm more familiar with the verb conjugations, I've not wanted to do it.

And before anyone asks, I'm only tentatively looking back into coming to the boards again, after I got asked by a few people. I'm not very likely to be putting my songs back up. It's petty, and you can all say "Well, we have Tubba now, we don't care who they come from, we just want to know what we believe the lyrics in English are now", but that's how it is.

#148 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:23 AM

Kamehame seems to use a lot of archaic words and constructs, so his speeches are pretty much guessworks.

#149 Kawaii Kenni

Kawaii Kenni

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:43 AM

Not wholly. It's not like with Freeza, from Dragonball Z, where he speaks with formal and/or polite language, or Kenshin with some archaic phrases. Then again, I've had the experience of months of these guys speaking.

If anything, he speaks somewhat informally at times, in the song. I mean, he says the occasional things befitting a king, like "Kono Kamehame no iu koto wo shinjite kure", or "(Please) believe in the things that I, Kamehame, say". Yet he also does give a few less formal phrasings, like "n'da" or "no da", which is a bit more assertive. "Sugu ni tachinaoru n'da" or "You have to recover / regain your footing immediately / right away." Then again, with it as "n'da", I tend to put that as "Gotta", i.e. "Yaru n'da full power" or "We gotta do it at our full power".

If he was speaking quite archaically, he'd be more likely using things like "de aru" or possibly more likely, "de arimasu", depending on how polite he's being.

#150 Tubba

Tubba

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:29 AM

As for "Kono Kamehame no iu koto wo shinjite kure", I generally avoid overusing names in translations since it often comes out odd as you just don't do that in English. I usually try to work around it and use a pronoun instead, and in this case I just used a bit of artistic license.

Edited by Tubba, 10 April 2010 - 07:30 AM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com