102 replies to this topic

#51 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:59 AM

I opened the zombie packs, and here's what I found. Just like the monsters, I'm looking to either trade or sell my doubles at cost.

Attached Files

#52 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:45 AM

crazy tongue beast guy is pretty cool from that lot, the rest I could take or leave tbh. 

#53 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

I got some of these figures and am actually pretty impressed. I like the sculpts, the material and the fact that they're not over-painted (I usually prefer mono figures, but I think the minor paint apps work on these). They're fun.

I am looking to buy or trade for ones that I still need, so if anyone has doubles, let me know. LLeopardGGecko, I'm not sure if you still have your doubles but I sent you a DM a couple days ago.

14460229430_bb17eb3c18_n.jpg

#54 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

Some new ones. The picture on the left shows my doubles, all available for trade or $3 each plus shipping. Just looking to get my investment back.

The yellow eye paint on one of the figures came off when I was washing it in hot water (would wholeheartedly not recommend!), but I figure someone might want him to repaint.

PM me.

Attached Files

Edited by LLeopardGGecko, 14 September 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#55 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • Interests:MIMP, Neclos Fortress, GPK, '80s fantasy toys, all kinds of monster-themed little rubber guys.

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

Has anyone pulled "Mitch Machete" out of a Zombie pack yet (the horned monster with an eye patch holding a machete)? The figure is shown on the front of the package, but it's the only one out of both sets I haven't seen anyone find yet.

#56 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:58 PM

It's the only one I haven't gotten, too! I'd have a complete set if I could find him!

#57 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:08 PM

It's the only one I haven't gotten, too! I'd have a complete set if I could find him!

After seeing absolutely nobody find him yet, my best guess is that for some reason he didn't actually get released even though he's shown on the packs.

Also, I learned something new about these thanks to a commenter on my Little Weirdos post covering them. Slimy Sludge is actually a U.S. version of a European line called "Monsters and Zombies in My Slimy." That line includes the same figures and similar packaging, except there are 10 figures in each set (so two figures from each got axed for the U.S. release) PLUS three additional sets (Deep Sea Creatures, Trash Treasures and Humanoid Alienz)! Check out the link and pics below. I can't figure out exactly which countries they are released in, though. I would love to get my hands on some.

http://www.joker-gro...s/products.html

Attached File  monsterszombiesslimy02.jpg   270.91K   57 downloads

Attached File  monsterszombiesslimy01.jpg   146.26K   75 downloads

Edited by fkro6784, 25 September 2014 - 05:49 AM.

#58 spacefrog

spacefrog

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

After seeing absolutely nobody find him yet, my best guess is that for some reason he didn't actually get released even though he's shown on the packs.

Also, I learned something new about these thanks to a commenter on my Little Weirdos post covering them. Slimy Sludge is actually a U.S. version of a European line called "Monsters and Zombies in My Slimy." That line includes the same figures and similar packaging, except there are 10 figures in each set (so two figures from each got axed for the U.S. release) PLUS two additional sets (Deep Sea Creatures and Humanoid Alienz)! Check out the link and pics below. I can't figure out exactly which countries they are released in, though. I would love to get my hands on some.

attachicon.gifmonsterszombiesslimy02.jpg

attachicon.gifmonsterszombiesslimy01.jpg

What the heck?! those are incredible!
how do things like this not get a worldwide release? So many toys down the shop suck so bad next to these.
ps I found them in a shop in new zealand, might grab some. They are the packs with 10 different characters.
also from what I can see zombies and sludge are series 1, the others may be later series

http://www.toyco.co....s-2810533930444

Also:

Edited by spacefrog, 24 September 2014 - 05:34 PM.

#59 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:56 AM

What the heck?! those are incredible!
how do things like this not get a worldwide release? So many toys down the shop suck so bad next to these.
ps I found them in a shop in new zealand, might grab some. They are the packs with 10 different characters.
also from what I can see zombies and sludge are series 1, the others may be later series

http://www.toyco.co....s-2810533930444

I know! I am happy we got a U.S. release in some form, but I wish they didn't cut out some of the characters. I also wonder if the figures are exactly the same (as far as plastic color and paint jobs). You are able to order from that New Zealand shop?

I suspect you're right and they might be later series not yet available, but I really, really want to get some of the Deep Sea Creatures and Humanoid Alienz. 

#60 bachamn

bachamn

ビーストフォーマー オタク

• Beastformers Archaeology
  • 3561 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media, Travel, LRGs
    ビーストフォーマー
    レーザービースト
    ビーストサーガ

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:44 AM

wow agreed, the illustrations for the deep sea creatures look pretty sweet. I noticed that the slime is apparently scented differently in the intl versions? Is that true for the U.S. releases or do the slimes smell the same? Curious what "ocean smell" is...

Edited by bachamn, 25 September 2014 - 06:45 AM.

#61 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:49 AM

Also, I learned something new about these thanks to a commenter on my Little Weirdos post covering them. Slimy Sludge is actually a U.S. version of a European line called "Monsters and Zombies in My Slimy." That line includes the same figures and similar packaging, except there are 10 figures in each set (so two figures from each got axed for the U.S. release) PLUS three additional sets (Deep Sea Creatures, Trash Treasures and Humanoid Alienz)! Check out the link and pics below. I can't figure out exactly which countries they are released in, though. I would love to get my hands on some.

attachicon.gifmonsterszombiesslimy02.jpg

attachicon.gifmonsterszombiesslimy01.jpg

Why did we get the weakest two sets? Pffffffff

I love all three of the other sets, mainly the sea creatures, but holy hell those are cool. The trash ones are fun, too.

#62 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:38 AM

Why did we get the weakest two sets? Pffffffff

I love all three of the other sets, mainly the sea creatures, but holy hell those are cool. The trash ones are fun, too.

I know, I see so many great characters in the Deep Sea and Alienz sets. The Trash Treasures are cool too, but they pretty much look like The Trash Pack. I am hoping we'll get all those here too, as future series.

Here is a Joker Group showroom pic that includes all the figures in a display case (unfortunately not close up though):

http://joker-group.n.../showroom/3.jpg

I also found out these were shipped to a second U.S. company called Super Impulse, under the name "Monster Muck." As far as I can tell they have not yet been released for sale under that name anywhere yet, but you can see the packaging and a video on them here:

http://superimpulse.com/?page_id=6524

#63 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

I've gotta see some decent pics of those sea life ones.

I love them.

#64 spacefrog

spacefrog

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

I know! I am happy we got a U.S. release in some form, but I wish they didn't cut out some of the characters. I also wonder if the figures are exactly the same (as far as plastic color and paint jobs). You are able to order from that New Zealand shop?

I suspect you're right and they might be later series not yet available, but I really, really want to get some of the Deep Sea Creatures and Humanoid Alienz. 

sadly not 

Attached File  unsuccessful.jpg   108.87K   33 downloads

They wouldn't have any of my shenanigans 
I have also contacted the company and they are trying to find an Australian retailer to support the line.
I truly hope they succeed! 

#65 Remington

Remington

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:10 AM

Hey all, I been trying to collect all of these myself latly, also speaking on the topic of that they are the other euro and different named toylines, I was looking at the figure closer and noticed (and if you will closly look also) at the bottom of the figure.. (Slimebot or Slobber are good examples) you will see a "burn slash marking" like its covering up somthing written..looks like it was this other toyline, maybe covering that it says Joker somthing? not sure.

I think the sludge monsters are better and i've never felt/found mitch so far in the 20+ bags i've seen.. but I really still like the zombies, monsters seem easier to "feel" the packages for them and so far i've been right with the four i've bought.. but the zombies just seem really tricky..anyone got any tips on the certain ones? I know toxic snout is the only one with a flat base in the group and Johny lobster seems really thin and small in the package..the rest i've been starting at there feet/legs and checking to the right and left and going from there..

Fav. Monster=Large Eye Larry

Fav. Zombie=Boogy the boydog

#66 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:26 AM

Where are these others sold, I might be able to smuggle some in.

#67 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:17 AM

sadly not 

attachicon.gifunsuccessful.jpg

They wouldn't have any of my shenanigans 
I have also contacted the company and they are trying to find an Australian retailer to support the line.
I truly hope they succeed! 

Bummer.

I also contacted Joker about these. They are probably wondering why all of a sudden people are emailing about them, haha. The guy who responded was very nice and willing to answer my questions. I asked him if we can expect to see the other series in the U.S. and he told me it "all depends on sales and if the distributor wants to move forward." He also was cool enough to send me a closer up image of the showroom figure display case, which I'm attaching here (EDIT: It is automatically downsizing the image when I attach to this post. Anyone who wants the full size one, let me know).

I think the sludge monsters are better and i've never felt/found mitch so far in the 20+ bags i've seen.. but I really still like the zombies, monsters seem easier to "feel" the packages for them and so far i've been right with the four i've bought.. but the zombies just seem really tricky..anyone got any tips on the certain ones? I know toxic snout is the only one with a flat base in the group and Johny lobster seems really thin and small in the package..the rest i've been starting at there feet/legs and checking to the right and left and going from there..

Thanks for uncovering the info about the Euro release. I had no idea about that before you commented about it on my blog.

Vera Fast is also pretty easy to tell. You just have to feel for the four arms and big head. 2 Knuckleheads you can also tell from the square-ish weapon in its right hand.

Where are these others sold, I might be able to smuggle some in.

Not sure what the full list is, but from what I have found so far I think at least Germany, Switzerland, New Zealand, Italy.

Attached Files

Edited by fkro6784, 26 September 2014 - 06:27 AM.

#68 Remington

Remington

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:15 PM

Very nice!! I wanted to see a close up of that beautiful collection myself, awe man notice that were getting less paint on ours? where's my yellow slimebot arms! lol. oh well I still love em!

#69 scythemantis

scythemantis

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 10:32 PM

AAAUUUUUGH

ARE YOU KIDDING

There were 34 more characters!? Deep sea monsters!!!? A FLY GUY?

I just spent a couple hours scouring the internet for any sign that other lines were released anywhere on our planet yet and available to buy. No such luck.

I loved "Slimy Sludge" alone so much that I've been reviewing the line bit by bit for my Halloween marathon. I guess now I have a big bombshell to drop at the end.

#70 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:56 AM

Hello everyone.  I am brand new to these forums. 

I just wanted to mention that I too sought these at US Target stores and I too have not found Mitch.  Additionally I have never found 2 Knuckleheads. 

I have duplicates of, I think, nine or ten others. 

I hesitate to say anything bad about them because I would like to see the rest of the figures at retail. 

But... I will say that I have found paint apps missing from 2, and that dude with the large eyestalk completely missing his eye (its a separate piece).  The nature of the slime and the fact that they're submerged in it for who knows how long, makes the paint on Large Eye Larry (whatever his name is) prone to rub off.  You'd think the eyestalk guy would have just came apart in the slime, but I searched it really well and that part wasn't in there. 

Personally the slime does nothing for me, but I tolerate the gimmick.  It's especially weird that they put glitter in it. And it stinks.  Like really smells.  And also the yellow slime stains the green figures (look closely). 

The price point is a little high.  I would advise dropping them to $2 and getting into a retailer like Big Lots, Dollar General, Family Dollar, or Walgreens. 

If they could swing $1 -- at least to properly introduce the full toyline -- get them into Dollar Tree's 400+ stores.

I've found toys from Hasbro, Mattel, Mega, Jakks, and Topps all at Dollar Tree both as overstock and short-run test market stuff. 

Stock that slimy stocking. 

Also why not sell directly to consumers/fans online? 

Just some ideas. 

#71 Juggy

Juggy

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

Just found these at Target. Large Eye Larry is in need of a doctor!

slimeys.JPG

I only like a few of these so if anyone wants to buy or trade PM me.

#72 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

Mitch Machete does exist!

16274467827_775d7f7c9e.jpg

#73 steverotters

steverotters

Sid's Toy Barn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2224 posts
  • Interests:Creepers, chompies, iszs, zombies, trashies, tikis, minions, mordles, murlocs, mushroomies, skeletons, ghosts, gremlins, goblins, gargoyles, demons, devils, dryads, plant mutants, bug mutants, fish mutants, creatures with one eye, creatures with more than two eyes, other monsters, muties, and meanies. Stormtroopers, Jawas, Toy Story aliens, Hulk, Groot, Gilman, Gormiti, Cthulhu, Swamp Thing, Toxie, Treebeard, Muckman.
    GREEN figs and GID figs!
    Scooby Doo villains!
    Beetlejuice and Ghostbusters minis!
    Tech Deck Dudes!
    Yeti and Bigfoot BFFs!

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

Deets!

#74 fkro6784

fkro6784

Little Weirdos

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

Deets!

Someone let me know they found him last week and offered to trade him to me. So I guess he's included in the most recent batch stores are putting out. My Target put more out a few weeks ago, but I didn't buy any because I assumed he still wouldn't be in there.

#75 Remington

Remington

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:12 PM

Well ill be damned! there he is in all his glory! I was just about to say that the two target stores near me havnt put out ANY in awhile, one of which didnt have any left but the other had 4 packs, that really made me sad..and I started to lose hope getting them all, Im still missing 4 outta the 2 sets, but now that you say they stocked them again around you, Im gonna have to check it out again and pray they did here too. (then I'll resort to buying online I guess which I hate doing)

Edited by Remington, 07 February 2015 - 11:13 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com