89 replies to this topic

#26 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

yeah it would be cool if these were packaged in Black bags so you didnt see exactly what your getting... and making a color harder to get than the others... like a red figure 1 in 10 packs or something like that...

just a thought.

very cool figures tho. display very nicely.

#27 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

How well do these guys stand up under their own power? For me, when i buy mini-figures, balance is a big deal. Like i love M.U.S.C.L.E.s pretty hardcore, but they tip over so often i have them stored in a bin. I have my MIMPs out on shelves because they're all very well balanced. The out of sight out of mind thing takes over, and now i buy way more MIMPs. If that makes any sense.

And yeah, i'll throw in my interest for blind/random packaging. Takes out the "bucket" toy factor where you can easily buy them all at once, and adds a more interest-grabbing collectability factor.

Maybe when you get Series 2 around you could blind pack them with like 1 special color First Series figure in each pack?

Cool sculpts all in all, i'm definitely interested in picking up a set. Is it a limited-time short run kinda thing or do you plan to be producing them for a little while?
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#28 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:18 PM

the two sets i got (green and GITD) stand up pretty good, except 1 from each that dont stand up that well and they are different figures so im not sure why... maybe just how the rubber sets.

#29 Garatron75

Garatron75

Extraplanar Rollin' Klone Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:57 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I have no idea whether or not those zombies were stolen off of the Dungeons and Dragons Sega Genesis game Warriors of the Eternal Sun, but they sure look like something that just jumped out of Night of the Living Dead, as well as the Zombi series of movies.

Yeah, the titles of those movies are confusing, but I could have sworn those wacky Z.O.M.B.I.E dudes must have escaped from somewhere.

I think the Fistful of Power Throwing Battle Game should be able to knock them down like sacks of potatoes.
"Magor must be stopped. No matter the cost."
"It's about beating the game, the way it was meant to be fun."

#30 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:33 AM

hey ppl,

ne one got thiers yet? i am well happy with mine. got the 4 diffrent coloured 5 packs included was

an extra loose green fig
badge
magnet
cards with ads for other lines and toy break
five stickers about 2.5 by 2.5 inches
a transfer tatoo thingy
a little thingy that says medfed on it
zombie postcard
big gwin sticker
some zombie art cards
and a cd with some episodes of toy break on it (which is funny)

a really good package.... now i am deciding wether to open em or not...
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#31 matthewf1tz

matthewf1tz

Miracle Victory Power

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1096 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:04 AM

hey ppl,

ne one got thiers yet? i am well happy with mine. got the 4 diffrent coloured 5 packs included was

an extra loose green fig
badge
magnet
cards with ads for other lines and toy break
five stickers about 2.5 by 2.5 inches
a transfer tatoo thingy
a little thingy that says medfed on it
zombie postcard
big gwin sticker
some zombie art cards
and a cd with some episodes of toy break on it (which is funny)

a really good package.... now i am deciding wether to open em or not...

I hope mines waiting for me at home tonight...and I hope I get the same package ;)

Posted Image

#32 NamaNiku

NamaNiku

FKA: uoozuman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3207 posts
  • Interests:http://nama-niku.blogspot.com/

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

Got mine on Saturday - very cool - Got all 4 sets, and the box had lots of extras as well.
Posted Image

#33 LittleGeorge

LittleGeorge

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Toys! Of course!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:24 PM

Open 'em up! It'd be a waste to keep them all jumbled in the package!

When these were sculpted we took care to make sure they would all stand up. We didn't want to add the round base like army men, we wanted them to be free standing. Each one will stand, but as stated above sometimes the figure gets a little out of whack in shipping and such. A little bending on the legs and you should be back to good. I personally use a bit of sticky tack on all my MUSCLE figures in the display so they don't fall down. You can get a package of the stuff cheap at any place like rite aid or CVS type store, and it goes a long way.

I too had my MUSCLE collection in a jumble for a long time. When I saw Ericnilla's shelve for sale I had to have it! (again, that's my collection in the pic on his signature) The only one that has fallen over now is the pyramid guy. Everyone has one tiny bit of sticky tack on one foot and they all stand great! Even through last weeks 5.4 earthquake we had!

Thanks for the kind words on the series, we hope to continue this for a long time. We'd love to have enough to make a poster like the MUSCLE figures did. I always loved that as a kid.

There's a review of the figures on Nathan's Muscle Page if you are interested in another opinion.
Nathan's Muscle Page

Oh, and as for the extras, we put in what we have available, so not every box gets the same thing. Though anyone that orders at least 3 sets of figures will get the set of 9 art cards inspired by the figures.

Edited by LittleGeorge, 06 August 2008 - 04:26 PM.

#34 Garatron75

Garatron75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Dinosaurs and Dragons, anything that's small and fits in a pocket good enough. I'm also a collector of Nintendo stuff and I also like the things that relate to me well, like Bikkuriman.

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

Open 'em up! It'd be a waste to keep them all jumbled in the package!

When these were sculpted we took care to make sure they would all stand up. We didn't want to add the round base like army men, we wanted them to be free standing. Each one will stand, but as stated above sometimes the figure gets a little out of whack in shipping and such. A little bending on the legs and you should be back to good. I personally use a bit of sticky tack on all my MUSCLE figures in the display so they don't fall down. You can get a package of the stuff cheap at any place like rite aid or CVS type store, and it goes a long way.

I too had my MUSCLE collection in a jumble for a long time. When I saw Ericnilla's shelve for sale I had to have it! (again, that's my collection in the pic on his signature) The only one that has fallen over now is the pyramid guy. Everyone has one tiny bit of sticky tack on one foot and they all stand great! Even through last weeks 5.4 earthquake we had!

Thanks for the kind words on the series, we hope to continue this for a long time. We'd love to have enough to make a poster like the MUSCLE figures did. I always loved that as a kid.

There's a review of the figures on Nathan's Muscle Page if you are interested in another opinion.
Nathan's Muscle Page

Oh, and as for the extras, we put in what we have available, so not every box gets the same thing. Though anyone that orders at least 3 sets of figures will get the set of 9 art cards inspired by the figures.

I'm not sure where you're from, but did you get the Z.O.M.B.I.E. fighter in the middle from the Dungeons and Dragons Sega Genesis game Warriors of the Eternal Sun? I forgot I wasn't buying these, because I've got other things to catch and collect, such as Dino Magic and Dragon Magic.

#35 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

I'm not sure where you're from, but did you get the Z.O.M.B.I.E. fighter in the middle from the Dungeons and Dragons Sega Genesis game Warriors of the Eternal Sun? I forgot I wasn't buying these, because I've got other things to catch and collect, such as Dino Magic and Dragon Magic.

fighter~? the guy with the shower towel on and bar of soap around his neck holding the scrubber~?

#36 Garatron75

Garatron75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

fighter~? the guy with the shower towel on and bar of soap around his neck holding the scrubber~?

Sorry about my satirical language Ericnilla, but whenever I see the middle guy, it makes me imagine as if he came from the Dungeons and Dragons Sega Genesis game Warriors of the Eternal Sun. I guess my language is just too satirical when such things like this come to my mind. I was just guessing where he's from and I figured that must've offended you. I'm truly sorry about that. :lol:

#37 Ericnilla

Ericnilla

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9150 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:50 PM

dont worry man... i took no offense. i was just confused. :lol:

#38 LittleGeorge

LittleGeorge

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Toys! Of course!

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:45 PM

I'd have to say no. I don't even know what the game is you are talking about. I'd love to see a pic of the thing you're mentioning though. Do you have one?

The guy in the middle is called bathtime. He's got soap on a rope around his neck and a scrubbing brush in his hand. Not very unique items, so I'm sure we weren't the first to come up with it.

#39 Scumdogg

Scumdogg

Aspiring Bigman/Handshake Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:toys, comics, heavy lifting, cooking, art, tattoos, getting into adventures, growing a beard then shaving it off then growing it back just to mess with people who can't

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:07 AM

I'd have to say no. I don't even know what the game is you are talking about. I'd love to see a pic of the thing you're mentioning though. Do you have one?

The guy in the middle is called bathtime. He's got soap on a rope around his neck and a scrubbing brush in his hand. Not very unique items, so I'm sure we weren't the first to come up with it.

Don't worry, this is all just crazy talk. There's no game anywhere with a bathtime zombie.
Shove my words down your eye-holes!
A Nerd Occurrence
The Bloodsprayer

#40 Garatron75

Garatron75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:13 AM

Don't worry, this is all just crazy talk. There's no game anywhere with a bathtime zombie.

What are we to just jump into conclusions when that gave us nothing in return? I wasn't going to buy these Z.O.M.B.I.E. dudes, anyway. Besides, Monster Maniacs is on its way, along with Sea Monsters, so there's going to a spectacular surprise when that hits shelves.

Edited by Garatron75, 07 August 2008 - 12:16 PM.

#41 Guest_General Veers_*

Guest_General Veers_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:27 AM

Garatron75 this is your offical public warning to play nice or we'll give you a time out.

#42 Garatron75

Garatron75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:06 PM

Garatron75 this is your offical public warning to play nice or we'll give you a time out.

I'm sorry about that and I'll try to fix my mistakes.

#43 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:00 AM

Just ordered a set of light blue Z.O.M.B.I.E.s! Can't wait for my set to arrive so I can have them devour & infect my M.U.S.C.L.E.s :lol:

Also, it should be noted by anyone who's thinking of ordering a set that the price has been lowered from 8 to 5 dollars! Buy some now!

#44 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 20 September 2008 - 08:19 AM

hey ppl,

an extra loose green fig

Is that the "Attendee" figure mentioned on the website? It appears that we missed out on more than just the painted figures, unfortunately.

Still, with the lowered price on sets, I'm going to have to give this some more thought. Probably go with blue or white. Although I disagree with the "make them random" sentiments, another color getting thrown into the mix would be good. Probably a blood red or something.

#45 galthisan

galthisan

boglin farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:05 AM

hey ppl,

an extra loose green fig

Is that the "Attendee" figure mentioned on the website? It appears that we missed out on more than just the painted figures, unfortunately.

Still, with the lowered price on sets, I'm going to have to give this some more thought. Probably go with blue or white. Although I disagree with the "make them random" sentiments, another color getting thrown into the mix would be good. Probably a blood red or something.

nope wasnt the attendee figure was a dup of the 50's looking guy. i would well like the attendee figure but dont think u can get it ne where. i am hoping the price drop dont mean they aint sellin to good, i well wants series 2 to come out coz i will defo get em. i am not so keen on the painte figures, to be honest i am not really into zombies and gore and stuff i just like they way they have an oldskool feel to them, i would quite like to have a glass jar of em.. red could be good or olive green
proud member of:

A.T.Ni.M.S.

Abolish The Ninja Mites Section

#46 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:56 PM

Mine showed up in the mail today, and they're awesome! The level of detail is a lot higher than I had anticipated based upon all the pics in this thread. They're bigger than I would have guessed too; Rockabilly and Schoolgirl in particular are quite tall - taller than any M.U.S.C.L.E. guy. The rubber quality is high too, although I disagree that the rubber is similar to M.U.S.C.L.E.s'; it's a bit more flexible. To anyone on the fence about ordering some, I highly recommend that you pick some up! I'm very happy with mine and can't wait to see series 2.

#47 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:19 PM

i finally budgeted these beauties into my toy trust fund. ordered all colors and the cards too. hopefully we'll be seeing a series 2 soon.

how cool would it be if they had a fan art contest and selected a pic from one of us fans as a figure for series 2?

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#48 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hey, matthewf1tz, are you going to include these guys on toypedia? They seem to meet all of your qualifications! (non-articulated, < 3" tall, no stand, sci-fi/monster themed, mono-coloured)

I would love to see some hi-res pics up on the site!

#49 dankingery

dankingery

hey beardo, vote quimby!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3996 posts
  • Interests:fishing, muslces, kinkeshi, plasmaverse, fishing, starriors, blackstar, sd gundam gashapon and keshi, all things toy related really. i also like fishing.

just getting into knife making.

blade of the immortal is my master.

videogames.

shooting.

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

three days to ship!!! really, it was prolly only two. that's super fast. the only way it would have been faster is if they were my neighbor and they walked it over to me. and how cool are these beauties. very detailed and very original as far as zombies go. i think it's the small details that impress me the most. from the plumber's crack and boils on bathtime to the "rt" on school girl. as a minor zombie buff i'm really glad to see someone who seems to love zombies as much as i do put out such a quality product. my only complaints would be that i've not heard anything about a series 2 and they have an ill favored scent. but you've really gotta stick them up to your nose and snort to get a whiff.

series 2 wishes:

fireman
woman attorney
young school girl
construction worker
beach volleyball girl :(

and maybe a special two figure set of a policeman and his k-9 partner. after all, we NEED zombie dogs do we not?

hey littlegeorge, can we expect to see a series 2?

Edited by dankingery, 27 September 2008 - 04:51 PM.

if i encounter the demons in hell, i will kill them all..

vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

#50 bronchuseven

bronchuseven

pentagonal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:38 PM

Yeah, the details on these guys are truly exquisite! This is definitely some of the best sculpting I've ever seen on figures this scale. I think my favourite touch is the skull&crossbones belt buckle on Rockabilly. George, are you the artist who did these?

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com