30 replies to this topic

#1 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

There was a 5th place tie so there is a re-vote for the winner.

This is our chance to get that ridiculous banana penis ninja thing erased from the set.

Posted Image

Obviously i am not telling you what to vote for yourself i just dislike the pun and the idea behind the banana figure.

And the punch guy is pretty cool.

http://www.octobertoys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=10519

#2 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Duck President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4202 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

Can they not both go in, and f*ck that awful Puggernaut off instead...
<span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#8b0000;">Stuff I'm selling: <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=220814">Madballs Water Squirters</a> *</strong></span> <strong><a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=154077">Gormiti</a> * <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=148080">Miscellaneous (MIMP, FOA etc)</a></strong></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#808000;">Stuff I really need:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...howtopic=235893"><strong>HERE</strong></a></span><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#008000;">Stuff I collect:</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...showtopic=44163"><strong>Gormiti</strong></a></span><br><br><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:#4b0082;">Get your own easy-to-use</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...ndpost&p=264795"><strong>M.U.S.C.L.E.</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">or</span> <a href="http://www.littlerub...08"><strong>MIMP Series 1/2</strong></a> <span style="color:#4b0082;">checklists!</span></span>

#3 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

I don't like the pug either or how it got all those votes.

I wouldn't mind a barbarian and the mushroom guy and fruit punch if it wins.

#4 monsterhunter

monsterhunter

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

There was a 5th place tie so there is a re-vote for the winner.

This is our chance to get that ridiculous banana penis ninja thing erased from the set.

And the punch guy is pretty cool.

http://www.octobertoys.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=10519

Man, I'm with you 100%. There is NO WAY IN HELL that I will have some stupid dildo figure in MY collection.

#5 Chogokin Jawa

Chogokin Jawa

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

Can they not both go in, and f*ck that awful Puggernaut off instead...

I second that, that Puggernaut is just a pain in you-know-where.
I would be very disapointed if Bananja cannot go through this tie-break...

#6 bigburty

bigburty

Cushty Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2409 posts
  • Interests:MIMP
    Armorvors
    Crayboths
    MUSCLE
    SLUG Zombies
    OMFG

This and that - mostly that!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

I don't like the pug either or how it got all those votes.

I wouldn't mind a barbarian and the mushroom guy and fruit punch if it wins.

Weren't many of the Pug votes campaigned for??

#7 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

C.UT.I.E. Owners Club Founder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Yeah, there's been some controversy over the pug being tooted on various facebook pages, a pug themed web comic and even a pug rescue charity site. It's not one I'd have voted for certainly, but depending on how the tie break goes I do like either two and a half or two and two halves (if that makes any sense) of the ones that made it, and two of the ones that got through I did vote for, so it's not going to be a terrible set as far as I'm concerned. I really wish Roadkill had made the cut though, a very different design that would have nicely complimented the OMFG vibe so far IMO.
soundwave wrote "don't insult my bananna!!!!!!!!!"

#8 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Yeah it was promoted but to be fair lots of other designs were as well and the guy running OT said it was ok.

So even if the community there is against that kinda thing no one did anything technically wrong since there are no rules.

#9 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Not technically wrong certainly, but if it's votes from non toy collectors that won't be backing the kickstarter or buying the toys when the time comes I don't see how it helps the line move forward. Of course there's no way to really track whether newcomers do end up adding funding down the line, so it's an argument that ends up just going round in circles. The true test is if people vote with their wallets as I've got a feeling that existing supporters walking away would have more of an impact at this stage than a few newcomers that actually end up pledging as well as voting. It's probably a moot point there as well since the exclusive packages could always be put back in at the last minute to keep the thing afloat if the next kickstarter was in serious trouble.

#10 monsterhunter

monsterhunter

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

I've got a feeling that existing supporters walking away would have more of an impact at this stage than a few newcomers that actually end up pledging as well as voting.

^^^THIS^^^

#11 Chogokin Jawa

Chogokin Jawa

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

I second that as well.
Frankly speaking, it was a 61-61 tie and now this is a "Fruit Punch" flood. Looks like heavy lobbying from people who just suscribe to just vote for their friend's figure. But in the end, once their friend's figure elected, will these "voters" buy the Series 3? I have some doubts.
I guess that this system worked fine for Series 2 but now the "word spred", it is kinda "rotten" by behaviours which are not in the spirit of the thing.
In the future I think that Georges should build kinda jury of a few people and decide with them which figures would be part of the series.

Just my 0.02 that are certainly subjective because only the Bananja figure would have made me buy the series 3.

Now let's have a look : Puggernaut and Barbarianaut. Two MOTU/MUSCLE like figures, no offense to their creators but they are kinda redundant in the same series. Fruit Punch/ a bottle of fruit juice with gloves. Stay tuned for Milk Punch in Series 4 and Coke Punch in Series 5 (OK FP is really good but I cannot say it because it will kick out my fave figure LOL).
As for the 2 remaining ones : the mushroom is really original and the thrash not so bad (though it has a déjà vu taste).

Anyway...life is life =)

Not technically wrong certainly, but if it's votes from non toy collectors that won't be backing the kickstarter or buying the toys when the time comes I don't see how it helps the line move forward. Of course there's no way to really track whether newcomers do end up adding funding down the line, so it's an argument that ends up just going round in circles. The true test is if people vote with their wallets as I've got a feeling that existing supporters walking away would have more of an impact at this stage than a few newcomers that actually end up pledging as well as voting. It's probably a moot point there as well since the exclusive packages could always be put back in at the last minute to keep the thing afloat if the next kickstarter was in serious trouble.

#12 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

I like Fruit Punch. He was actually one of my top 5.

Posted Image

http://www.littlerubberguys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125235&view=findpost&p=446327

Of the 5 that won, there was one from my top 5 (fruit punch), 2 from my top 10 (the mushroom guy). I like the Barbarianaut (he made it into my top 20) but the banana guy was much further down my list than even him.

Puggernaut? Meh. :ermm:

The trashcan guy? Um, no. :down:

So that just goes to show how different all our tastes are. If George were to let a small group of guys choose the figures, they may end up being ones most of us don't really care for.

#13 Rjdragon

Rjdragon

Kaiju King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

It is human nature people are not going to like everything out there especially with a toy line like this one I think people should be reminded it isn't a contest it is a toyline just because you submit an idea doesn't make it toy worthy... I love this toyline Series 1 will always be the one to beat, series 2 has some great figures in it as does series 3 but will they all be perfect no I think we need to stop comparing them to its predcessors and really accept them for what they are look at the Muscle line 236 sculpts and I only have about 20-30 that I like so I mean no toyline is perfect.... the voting does need to be addressed however for 4 like donate $1 for the kickstarter idk something like that

#14 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Not a fan of Fruit Punch or Bananja, but I voted for Bananja and Bull's Eye in the end because I like both more than Fruit Punch and Snake Girl.

Maybe George's sculpt will make me like Fruit Punch more, but it's more likely that I'll be offering up my Fruit Punch figures to trade for the Puggernaut that so many people hate.

#15 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

I split the junk out into its own thread in the junk yard. You guys can continue the bee-eye-itchfest there.

#16 FaustX

FaustX

Wet Behind The Ears

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Voted Fruit Punch here.

#17 Soupie

Soupie

@minifiguresXD

• Legends
  • 7881 posts
  • Interests:Not Telling

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

I haven't been to the OT forums in months. Can someone post pics of the winning sculpts here please?

Also, could some post links to whereth we may purchase some of the figs like deadbeat and cobra girl that are being produced separately? It would be doubleplusgood if so! Thanks!
Posted Image

#18 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

I haven't been to the OT forums in months. Can someone post pics of the winning sculpts here please?

Also, could some post links to whereth we may purchase some of the figs like deadbeat and cobra girl that are being produced separately? It would be doubleplusgood if so! Thanks!

Pugnacious by: Bill MacKay
103 votes
Posted Image

Barbarianaut by: Monsterforge
98 votes
Posted Image

Dr. Decay by: Jonathan Wojcik of bogleech.com
81 votes
Posted Image

TenCan by: Created by - xRichardOCEANSx (Richard Brown) / Art by - T16skyhopp (Nikolos Sardos) / Sculpted by Ed Gein (Bryan Fulk)
79 votes
Posted Image

Fruit Punch by: Scott Tolleson
61 votes
Posted Image

Deadbeet you can get here in flesh:
http://octobertoys.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=12&zenid=176bedfea1f82e3ee53c914d71c748c5
Plum is sold out for the moment and I heard rumor or a purple coming out.

Cobragirl isn't available yet that I know of.

#19 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Deadbeet you can get here in flesh:
http://octobertoys.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=12&zenid=176bedfea1f82e3ee53c914d71c748c5
Plum is sold out for the moment and I heard rumor or a purple coming out.

Purple and metallic purple are both hitting the OT store this Friday to tie in with the 'Day With Toy Break' all dayer, along with a clear purple version of the larger vinyl Deadbeet. I wouldn't be surprised if we see the series 2 figures released in purple this weekend as well.

#20 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the series 2 figures released in purple this weekend as well.

Yep
Posted Image

I think the Metallic Purple is a popular color. These should go quick like the plum.
Posted Image

I also like the Walking Dead Michonne Set. I wish it was the color of the pale blue Z.O.M.B.I.E. set, but it doesn't look like it in the pic.
Posted Image

#21 waaaaghlord

waaaaghlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hey, I called it!

#22 PlasticSoul

PlasticSoul

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2786 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

I like the mushroom guy and i really want to see how fruit punch turns out. I think they said it will be a juice box instead of a carton which sounds even cooler.

#23 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

I like the mushroom guy and i really want to see how fruit punch turns out. I think they said it will be a juice box instead of a carton which sounds even cooler.

The mushroom guy (Dr. Decay) was a good example of a design I didn't really notice, even though it was really good, that stood out in the voting because of a great sculpt. The pug is the only one I voted for that made it, but Dr. Decay is my 2nd favorite in S3.

I want to see the Fruit Punch sculpt too. I remember when he posted the milk carton character for S2 and people said it was too similar to an existing design outside of OMFG. It took him like 5 minutes to repost the design with boxing gloves and changed "Missing" to "Fruit Punch" on the carton. I thought it was funny how quick he turned it around, but it didn't make sense to keep the milk carton shape. My youngest has some of those Annoying Orange mini-figures. Fruit Punch will fit in with them.

#24 LittleGeorge

LittleGeorge

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Toys! Of course!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

I also like the Walking Dead Michonne Set. I wish it was the color of the pale blue Z.O.M.B.I.E. set, but it doesn't look like it in the pic.
Posted Image

Just a quick note, it is the same blue as the Z.O.M.B.I.E. sets! Just a bad photo.

Edited by LittleGeorge, 06 February 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#25 iwao

iwao

Toy Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1481 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

Awesome. I thought it might be when I saw this pic last night, but wasn't sure if it was just the flash:
Posted Image

I did finally track down a pale blue Z.O.M.B.I.E. set about a month ago.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com