62 replies to this topic

#51 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts
  • Interests:Muscle men, and Kinnikuman

Posted 29 August 2002 - 02:23 PM

Ok, seriously, I can not explain why I am willing to pay so much. Maybe its because I am greedy, and I want to own something other people want too. But I honestly think part of why is the nostalgia behind it. Another reason is because I love muscles but now that i have recently completed my set of fleshies, have satan cross, have some kinnikuman, have bootlegs, and have a few hundred colors, I am getting bored. I want a new addition to my set. I have started to try and paint extras, I have considered constructing poseable characters like the UK site, I just need something new to spark my interest again. This convention is going to be sweet. I will be saving up some cash, and thinking of things that I can bring to make the convention unique and fun. I'd hate to say it, but I'd probably bid 200 plus for an ashura man or BHS just for something new.

#52 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 05:40 PM

The figure started at around $10, at least that's what it was at when I first saw it. I remembered the fact that this was the infamous X2 and it would be cool to own it, considering I have a lightbulb Kinnikuman too. But $80 now, GOOD LORD!!! I don't think I will be bidding again, nope too much for me to pay for something mistaken as a M.U.S.C.L.E. However, if this were a real M.U.S.C.L.E., I would be all over it.

Too bad it's so pricey, I would have loved to own it! :p

B)
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#53 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 06:22 PM

Another reason is because I love muscles but now that i have recently completed my set of fleshies, have satan cross, have some kinnikuman, have bootlegs, and have a few hundred colors, I am getting bored.

Yeah, I can understand that. The problem with MUSCLE collecting is that, after awhile, it ends and there's not much new you can collect. Sure, there's Kinnikuman stuff, but it's just not the same...

Given X2's connection with nostalgia, I think he would be great to have, and kind of an extension of MUSCLE collecting. I'd give my left nut for it. But $80? Not even my right nut is worth that...
B)

-Nathan

PS- Seriously though, congrats to doc_moore_j if he wins it. Despite the fact that he's spending alot of money, I'm sure the vast majority of us are jealous that he's getting X2.
:p

#54 Hellacooljawa

Hellacooljawa

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 07:19 PM

I think we should alll chip and buy the figure together and then ship it around to everyone. Like a traveling trophy, this way we can all promote Muscles in our home towns in order to build excitement for the convention next year.

All we need is people to donate figure, I can help by donating all my super common figures.

I will also volunteer to have them shipped to me first, so I can spread the word.

So how does this sound to everyone else?

#55 RubzOne

RubzOne

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 09:33 PM

I think we should alll chip and buy the figure together and then ship it around to everyone. Like a traveling trophy

I already said this is the Blue Zord forum
Cry in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield

#56 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 10:46 PM

Good Luck to ya doc_moore_j
if he's prepared to pay that much then it's still worth it
i believe we very much need the fanatic's
if it wasn't for the doc_moore_j's
the Rubzone's ,uoozuman's or the guy's that run and maintain there muscle sites , things would be far less interesting.
i swear you guys make me look normal , and i love ya for it
so if one of us seem's to have snapped there Blue Zord
let em go dont hold them back , it's what we muscleheads do best.

mischa
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
................................................................................
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!
................................................................................

#57 musclemenkids

musclemenkids

Stompin' on your face!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1598 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 02:50 AM

I think we should alll chip and buy the figure together and then ship it around to everyone.

or we could chip in and cut him into tiny pieces! firstly for getting everyone all fired up when he is not even a muscle and secondly so everyone can have a piece of the action. Our next lot is for mysterious goalies left arm. Do i hear five dollars? Five dollars! Any advance on five? ten! ten dollars? Do i hear 20 dollars etc etc etc
"FRUIT OOZE IS WETLY LEWD SO
STAY DRY IN RUBBER BOOTS AND.."

#58 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 05:28 PM

Congrats Doc! I hope you enjoy it! Everyone needs a cornerstone in their collection. I hope the wife doesn't ream you too much for buying it. (You must really like that couch :D )

#59 arforbes

arforbes

I lied, I cheated, I got banned!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6788 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 05:31 PM

Congratulations Doc Moore,

You will soon be the owner of the infamous X2. Be sure to tell us how cool he is when you get him!

Peace!

:D
AKA Yapiel, AKA balucard
I was banned! Read ALL about it! http://www.littlerub...showtopic=23333

#1 on the LRG Dishonest Members list!

#60 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 06:24 PM

Thanks, i thought someone was going to try and snipe me so i was quick and ready on the bid button. The wife however, won't find out :D since it is such a small character, and won't come with a hundred other characters, i can say I traded for him ahahahahahahahahaha (evil laugh) She does not see my accounts, she only finds out after a huge box comes in. This will be our little secret. I'll post pics or something when I get it.

#61 GRANDTHEFT

GRANDTHEFT

a.k.a. MISCHA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 07:32 PM

congrat's doc
There is a very fine line between
"Hobby" & "Mental illness"
I just want what every Muscle collector want's , MORE!

#62 Tortle

Tortle

Nathan

• Legends
  • 4763 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 06:29 AM

So, Doc... you've won the auction for the highly coveted X2. What are you going to do next?

"I'm going to MUSCLE Con 2003!" :angry:

-Nathan

#63 doc_moore_j

doc_moore_j

LRG Elite

• Legends
  • 4374 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 05:16 PM

I'm there dude

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com