1 reply to this topic

#1 nik62es

nik62es

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:29 AM

..so I just got my first ever lot of gosh-ain`t-I-excited-Morphogenesis....and yes, you noticed the tone of voice, right..I am slightly dissapointed.

Posted Image

The figures, in theory, are great. There are some tremendously attractive figures (this goes out to all those people out there who are attracted to little rubber figures..the rest of you : just say "hi" to your wife/husband/pet hamster), they are more articulated then Titanium...BUT (what a big but, eh..) - the pieces are even worse to join together then with Titanium.
I think it comes down to composition - The Titanium have a mix of soft and hard plastic/rubber, whereas Morphogenesis seem to be all a bit on the harder side (let`s see how they will stand up to the test of time..or if only those who have been kept in a cryo-environment will be alive from here in 20 years..).

Posted Image

In a nutshell - I have found them awkward to put together...Mine came all from Italy and where all opened, disemboweled and with the respective card. From an adult collectors point of view, yes they are great...and I will give you the impression they leave on my soon-to-be-5-year-old when his birthday is here shortly..however, I get the impression that they will end up either forming one huge fantasy Gormiti made up of all - or most - pieces of the Morphogenesis I bought, or will be left in the ungrateful bottom part of the Gormiti box... Should I mention that there is also a 3-year-old to share stuff with ? Now don`t get me wrong, that 3-year-old handles her Nintendo DS quite well...but I cannot for the life of me see those new Gormiti figures have a swell life here...

Posted Image
Posted Image

The short and sweet of it :
PROs - arms and head are articulated
- due to holes everywhere they can be joined to each other to form one huge Gormiti
- some very colourful new models

Posted Image

CONs - material a lot harder them all other Gormiti
- jointing more difficult to fit together and easier to come off then Titanium range
- as is usual with Gormiti, not able to use both series, as the joints are on opposite items (Titanium have the ball part on
the body, Morphogenics on arms and legs)

Disclaimer : If I had any older children playing with Gormiti, I may not be as negative about these new guys..but then again, older kids tend to loose interest in Gormitis (we have a rather extensive families where it is not unusual to see 12 and more kids of all sizes and ages together..those into Gormiti are usually below 6)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 neostar

neostar

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:My kids, party, collecting, video games and movies & tv shows

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

I want morphogenesis , but can not find them :( only on ebay opened

If someone know where i can buy a case of them please tell me.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com