#1 Ridureyu

Ridureyu

Original AKIA Founder Y/S*N*T

• Legends
  • 9374 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

https://nerditis.com...rfecz-ironhaus/

DoomGotter-4.png

Hey, everybody!  My love for indy mini figures is known, and now two of my favorite people are back with a fourth installment of Doom Gotter, the line that takes mythical creatures and turns them into gigantic kaiju!  Volume 4 was a long time coming, but they've delivered - Luke Harris created Hyakume, the hundred-eyed Yokai monster, while Jimmy Rommel dipped into Greek Mythology with the Erymanthian Boar!  You can buy the figures at Imperfecz, and there are plenty of paint options - as always, I got mine with a paint wash to bring out the details.  So, let's take a look at the figures!

DoomGotter-Buildings.png

The buildings are back, but with a surprise - they've got a special metallic finish which really makes them stand out! THey looked great before, and are utterly fantastic now!

DoomGotter-Hyakume.png

The taller of the two, Hyakume is about as large as Baba Yaga in Vol. 3. Luke Harris outdid himself with its blobbish form and the individually-sculpted eyes covering its body! This is a great chunk of rubber, and it is rather remiiscent of many eye cratures, whether Eye Guy from Power Rangers or that one mini-boss from Astyanax (the old NES game. I can go real obscure).

DoomGotter-HyakumeBack.png

And he's just as good from the back, with plenty of depth to the sculpt as well as those fantastic eyes!

DoomGotter-ErymanthianBoar.png

Jimmy Rommel sculpted the Erymanthian Boar, which was one of Hercules's labors. As it's been created in Rommel's signature sculpting style, this creature looks more like a demonic Ganondorf than a standard pig, but that's just fine! Even at this tiny scale, his face has plenty of personality, and you can't help but notice the alternate belly mouth.

DoomGotter-ErymanthianClaw.png

Interestingly, the Boar is the smaller of the two figures - Jimmy's figures tend to be smaller than Luke's - clocking in a tthe same rough size as a MUSCLE. He's a great piece of compact sculpting, though, and is just as clean and monstrous as all the others in this line!

DoomGotter-GlowHyakume.png

The color I chose is translucent under lighting, and when doubled with the paint wash, it creates an awesome effect when you shine a light behind them - the details look drawn in!

DoomGotter-GlowBoar.png

Well, there you go! The quality of these figures hasn't gone down - and in fact, these two sculptors are still on a row! Doom Gotter is a great little indy line and you owe it to yourself to grab them!

DoomGotter-All.png

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com