• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 dwitefry

dwitefry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Applicable? MIMP, Mini-Boglins, P.E.T. Aliens, Battle Beasts, OMFG, a little MUSCLE.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Hello there. I was hoping that this site would have, like, an intro board (as some forums do) so I could just post a big thank you to everyone here, in fact doing that is the reason I joined the site (and to view pictures), but as there isn't, I shall post it here, as it relates to Toy Identification I guess it's the right place, though it sounds a lot less sincere when followed by some ID requests.

So yes, Thank you all very much - thanks to your forum (and links from it)I was able to uncover the names of whopping 10 toy lines, and in most case, the full list of figures in each that I'd been looking for (P.E.T. Aliens, Battle Beasts, Sungold's Monster and Mini Monster, Horror Pets, Super Dinosaurs, Pirates of the High Seas, Transmutazors, Trash Bag Bunch, Egg-Monsters), pretty much wrapping up all the main body of my search for such things, as well as being able to catalog all of the Mini-Boglins. So again, thank you all you're excellent.

I'm trying to find the names and/or lines for all of my old toys you see, It's something I've been meaning to do but 4 years of illness got in the way, as I'm now better, it's one of the many things from that I'm finishing up, not a sob story, just an introduction. I tend to split the figures into 'downstairs' (not in the loft) and 'upstairs' (in the loft). I'm still working on the 'upstairs' portion - there's a lot of stuff up there but the downstairs portion has all been photographed (often badly) and the following 17 odds and ends are all that remains to be identified, would you be so kind as to help out please?

Posted Image

1) IDENTIFIED - Kenner's Beetlejuice - Street Rat
2) IDENTIFIED - Empire's Real Squish Bugs
3) IDENTIFIED - Empire's Real Squirmin' Bugs - Flutter Fly & Rumble Roach
4) a robot dinosaur on wheels, someone else posted the mammoth from this line too but I think it got lost amongst all the other awesome thing that were being posted in that thread
5) IDENTIFIED - G.I. Joe - Range-Viper
6) no idea, got it from a bootsale because it looked cool, a kind of cyborg skeleton
7) IDENTIFIED - Tomy's Silly Ski
8) a wind-up dinosaur, possibly 'generic' though i have some more from the same set in the loft.
9) IDENTIFIED - Marx's Nutty Mads - Dippy the Deep Diver
10) officially licensed by Universal Studios, a 'spit-ball', any more information would be appreciated
11) obviously this is The Punisher and The Mighty Thor, and from a line called 'Marvel Superheroes' but have you tried googling those lol? I was hoping some nice person could shed some light on the line as a whole? They came in those balls and were to be displayed as in the picture.
12) little wind-up dinosaur, it think these came out of eggs, if not can that be a 12.1 please? Little dinosaurs that you put in eggs, wound up and then the big hard plastic egg broke open and they hopped/walked out, anyone?
13) IDENTIFIED - LJN’s Wrestling Bendies - Mr. Wonderful
14) IDENTIFIED - Hasbro's Beast Wars - Armordillo and Snapper
15) a so-happy-it-must-be-using bouncy rabbit head
16) a wind-up robot stegosaurus (i couldn't find him again to retake a picture, apologies)
17) IDENTIFIED - Russ' Cosmic Critters - Three Fingered Snorkblak

So that's my long post and long list, thanks for your time and any help you can give.
Dwitefry

Edited by dwitefry, 28 January 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#2 bizrebellion

bizrebellion

<< Minifig Lover >>

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Interests:BOGLINS in any shape or size,Minifig's, rockin' out on my guitars, my fiancee and my kids and bootsales (for the LRG's) x¬D

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

I could be wrong, but i think #10 is Frankenstein :lol:

JK man, i dont know what any of them are, but the Frankenstein is well sculpted.
Oh, and welcome to the boards dude :thumbsup:

Posted Image

#3 ironmask

ironmask

LRG Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10723 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

#5 is a Range Viper from GI Joe.

#4 billpepper

billpepper

Flim Flam Red Hot Fan *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:guitar <br />skateboarding <br />wrestling (WWE TNA)<br />running <br />biking <br />

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

13# is mr wonderful paul orndorff
BIG GUY SHIMMY!!!!!!!!

#5 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

1 is from Beetlejuice toy lne
2 Might of been called Squish bugs you slime into them.
4 I do not believe is from a toy line with a name but a brown mammoth was part of same line.
6 Is a UK pre action Force figure that is pre GI JOE
7 Tomy wind up
14 Beast wars transfomers
17 Russ Cosmic Alien or maybe Cosmic critter I belive.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts
  • Interests:Daikaiju, Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Kinnikuman

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

If someone finds more info about the #4, I'd love to see it. Looks neat.

To elaborate, #14 are Armordillo and Snapper from among the earliest waves of Beast Wars. Armordillo's rear feet if they're present are used as his robot mode weapons, and the back of Snapper's tail pulls off to become a gun.

#7 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Well hey, Dwitefry! Think that you're a member on every forum that I'm a member of now :D

I used to have #4, but now just have the mammoth (see "Identify these toys" in my signature). Would love to know what it is.

#3 might be Horror Pets...

My comics blog - mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 1980s and 1990s
Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#8 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

#2 and #3 are Real Squish Bugs and Real Squirmin Bugs. You were right, they're all the same manufacturer and a related series.

#9 dwitefry

dwitefry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Applicable? MIMP, Mini-Boglins, P.E.T. Aliens, Battle Beasts, OMFG, a little MUSCLE.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Twoheadedboy?!?! - You Again! Ha ha, it's good you see you mate, hope you're ok - and it figures you'd be the one behind that thread with the mammoth (who I have in the loft somewhere).

BIG thanks to everyone who's helped so far - to billpepper: thanks that's been driving me mad for years on and off, to Baltanll: You believe the term is 'ninja'd' me to revealing the Real Squish Bug and Real Squirmin' Bug names and thanks for the real names of the Beast Wars, saves me looking through the Transformers Wiki (and yeah mine does still have all it's feet, cool). To Acidonia: Thanks a bunch, especially for Street Rat and for the Cosmic Critter, I always liked that little guy and now he has a name, it made me very happy. to Ironmask: thanks, it was probably really obvious to the G.I. Joe collectors and fans but I never got into the series (Thundercats is my thing of that ilk). And to Bizrebellion? I thin you might be onto something there :D (and yeah they were really well made, but priced to reflect it - mind, I got that from Hamley's and they don't exactly have a bargain bin there)

EDIT - i manged to identify number 9 by complete accident, he's from Marx's Nutty Mads line and is called Dippy the Deep Diver

Edited by dwitefry, 28 January 2013 - 10:40 AM.

#10 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Interests:Monster In My Pocket, Thingz That Go Bump In The Night, Mighty Max, TMNT, Boglins, cheap and nasty monsters of any sort...

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Likewise, hope you're doing alright too :D

#12... LOOKS familiar, and what you describe SOUNDS familiar (exploding egg thing). Just taking a look in a Bluebird catalogue from 1992 and there's a line called Eggsploders but it only shows a chick, a duck and a crow as being available. But I'm SURE I've had that dinosaur one in the past.

Here we go, on Amazon of all places!
http://www.amazon.co...ages/B005E4AN7C
Zoom in on that, there's some dinosaurs there...

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

WANT/NEED! Warmonger (from Mighty Max's Skull Mountain), will trade for Alien Magic!

#11 dwitefry

dwitefry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

I'm not so bad, and hey - Eggsploders! These were awesome (I had the chick as well the dinosaur and dragon) thanks mate

#12 Crowley177

Crowley177

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Gaming,collecting all kinds of things,reading,writing my interests in small boxes,managing my stately home,driving my aston martin,lying

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

I love that Frankenstein head,very nice :)
I did it for Frash Frash EM EL GEE

#13 dwitefry

dwitefry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

Hey, so i spent the weekend injuring myself while sorting out most of my loft, a great time was had by all and I was able to find a load of cool things including a complete set of P.E.T Alien Commanders (and 1 double!), half of my Sungold's Monster series and an excellent variant of Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots called Knock Your Block Off buuuut of course it also yielded a great big line of unknown and half know figures. Now a lot them are more just missing the actual line name or the exact toy company or whatever but there is...a couple of pages of real unknown stuff. I really don't expect you to I.D. all of these it's OK :) - they're just all on the same document for (my) ease. These are the...let's call them the Frustrating Thirty shall we? Any help on any of these would be greatly appreciated thanks (also I completely forgot to check the markings on them 'cos I was so busy, apologies):

Posted Image

1. they seem to mostly be known as 'Soma knock-Offs' :D
2. IDENTIFIED - Playmates' Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Fish Stix (came w/ Ray Fillet)
3. IDENTIFIED - Mattel's New Adventures of He-Man - Hoove
4. could be 'generic' (if that term's applicable to ghosts) he has wheels, and is, i think a pull-back toy
5. a bendy cute dracula, could be nothing
6. IDENTIFIED - Mattel's New Adventures of He-Man - Flogg
7. IDENTIFIED - Mattel's Princess of Power - She-Ra (*punches self in face*)
8. IDENTIFIED - Teddy Ruxpin - Tweeg
9. large ball, you press it's nose and it shouts things ("hey bozo!" is one) or makes a car horn sound
10. IDENTIFIED - LJN's Wrestling Bendies - Junkyard Dog
11. IDENTIFIED - Applause' Troll Warriors - Gorko the Gatekeeper
12. IDENTIFIED - Super Dino Monster - based on King Caesar (it's good enough for me as an ident :)
13. No clue what this is, but he's on roller-skates
14. Mr Potato Head
15. IDENTIFIED - Tomy's Get-Along Gang - Bingo 'Bet It All' Beaver
16. IDENTIFIED - Matchbox's Robotech - Lisa Hayes
17. IDENTIFIED - Mattel's New Adventures of He-Man - Lizzor
18. IDENTIFIED - Palitoy's Action Force Series 2 (1983-1984 series) - Commando
19. IDENTIFIED - Tomys' R.A.T.S. - Twin-Horn
20. A glow-in-the-dark dinosaur skeleton, this came on a blister pack so I thought it might be from an actual line?
21. a cheap hollow, more manly C-3P0 - like the other space toys, just wondering if he's from an actual line og cheap toys (like Galaxy Warriors - which I've gotten back into :D)
22. little bendy vampire - could be nothing
23. IDENTIFIED - Termitors (green), French Equivalent of Army Ants (also called Kombattini in Italy, this is, it seems a Termitors version)
24. these came on skateboards, both from the same line, an elephant and a hippo, hollow rubber - could be nothing
25. this is from the same line as the robot stegosaurus from the first post that couldn't be seen very well, again it could be nothing but at least it's a passable photo this time around so people can see what it is
26. IDENTIFIED - Hallmark Greeting Cards' toys
28. Younger toy (baby toy?) you push down the yellow bird (that's what that yellow thing is, i promise) and it goes along until the bird has fully popped up
28. IDENTIFIED - Tyco's Dino Riders Series 1 - Fang
29. a bit different this one, it's an air-freshener that was part of a promotion from...something, a garage or a type of oil maybe, it's not Myrtle the Turtle anyway, I think it's supposed to be a frog.
30. I have four of these, all with different hair colours and paint jobs, but all the same sculpt (if that's an applicable term to cheap troll knock-offs) any ideas?

Please, any help at all would be welcome, thanks for looking through all this if you have, if not, I don't blame you - go discuss MUSCLE or OMFG or something and enjoy yourself lol :D.

Edited by dwitefry, 11 March 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#14 Acidonia

Acidonia

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

2 Ninja Tutles mini figure came with Ray fillet i believe.
3 He Man figure
6 he man figure
7 she ra
12 nameless kajui knockoff
16 i think that is a robotech figure
18 old uk action force figure i think
19 he man
23 terminator European version of the toy line army ants
29 i belvive this was a turtle wax car fresher could be wrong on this
38 dino riders figure
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 dwitefry

dwitefry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

2 Ninja Tutles mini figure came with Ray fillet i believe.
3 He Man figure
6 he man figure
7 she ra
12 nameless kajui knockoff
16 i think that is a robotech figure
18 old uk action force figure i think
19 he man
23 terminator European version of the toy line army ants
29 i belvive this was a turtle wax car fresher could be wrong on this
38 dino riders figure

Thanks!

2 - sure enough, his name is Fish Stix and he came with Ray Fillet/Man Ray
3, 6 are The New Adventures of He-Man indeed - I'd completely forgotten about that line (and cartoon!) - and yeah, 7 actually is She-Ra...actually She-Ra herself...*shakes head in dismay at myself* - I can't find 19 on He-Man.org though
29 - see I thought this (their mascot is called Myrtle the Turtle isn't it?) I can't find any confirmation online as of yet, but if two of us think it...

#16 BaltanII

BaltanII

Space Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5098 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

As extensively as I've looked at the figures like #12, the only thing I've been able to conclude is that he's actually King Caesar - from Godzilla. I can't find an Ultraman monster that it might have been instead despite all the others fitting that pattern and there being almost no King Caesar toys at the time to be the basis for this one. If it's based on something else, I haven't been able to find what yet.

#17 Scar1321

Scar1321

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Toys!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

17 is another New Adventures He-Man figure. Lizorr

I might need a couple of those He-Man figures if you don't want them!
Need action figures and parts? I might have it!

Posted Image

Always adding new stuff!

#18 dwitefry

dwitefry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

As extensively as I've looked at the figures like #12, the only thing I've been able to conclude is that he's actually King Caesar - from Godzilla. I can't find an Ultraman monster that it might have been instead despite all the others fitting that pattern and there being almost no King Caesar toys at the time to be the basis for this one. If it's based on something else, I haven't been able to find what yet.

I totally see what you're seeing with King Caesar, the black and silver puts you off for a moment but once you look at the actual figure...

17 is another New Adventures He-Man figure. Lizorr

I might need a couple of those He-Man figures if you don't want them!

Thanks mate, and not being a fan of The New Adventures of He-Man that's tempting, they'd come like that though, I've no accessories or anything - I bought 'em all from bootsales :(.

#19 Scar1321

Scar1321

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:Toys!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Cool, I'm pretty sure I need 3 and 17. I'll have to double check when I get home.

30 is pretty cool, too. Looks like a TMNT knock-off troll figure. They seem to have the same sculp as the Samuari figures:

http://www.tmnttoys....vie3/index.html

Oh, and 19 isn't He-Man. I've been collecting he-Man for close to 20 years... Never seen it. :)
Need action figures and parts? I might have it!

Posted Image

Always adding new stuff!

#20 CollectorJohn

CollectorJohn

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

I have the hamburger in 26. He's from hallmark greeting cards. not sure if the shake in the same pic is from the same line though? if it is should have Hallmark copyright and 1989 on the bottom

#21 dwitefry

dwitefry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Scar - no probs, give us a PM when you get a moment?

Collector John - Thanks man - a bit of research tells me that yes, they are both from Hallmark Cards, along with a little french fries one too - i must get him - no idea how they come to exist though - were they fast food toys? Just a random line from Hallmark - does anyone know? I don't, but I'm glad I know what they are :)

Edited by dwitefry, 11 February 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#22 TwoHeadedBoy

TwoHeadedBoy

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

Number 10, that wrestler's name is Junkyard, if I remember correctly. And that bendy vampire, number 22 - I have that! Seems we shopped at the same cheap toy shops in the past :lol:

Collection Piccies!
Identify these toys?

#23 Rubberhammer

Rubberhammer

LRG Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2463 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

I had #4, from the first set of pics, and if I remember correctly he, and the mammoth that you mentioned, came in kids meals from either Hardees or Burger King.

Also #11, from the second set of pics, looks like a stone protector, or a knockoff of such.

#24 dwitefry

dwitefry

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Number 10, that wrestler's name is Junkyard, if I remember correctly. And that bendy vampire, number 22 - I have that! Seems we shopped at the same cheap toy shops in the past :lol:

Junkyard! That's the bastard! and yeah I think we really did...there was more than just a vampire I think, but I can't find any more as of yet.

I had #4, from the first set of pics, and if I remember correctly he, and the mammoth that you mentioned, came in kids meals from either Hardees or Burger King.

Also #11, from the second set of pics, looks like a stone protector, or a knockoff of such.

#4? we have a possible ident for number four? ha-ha! hear that THB? They might be fast food premiums - if you're right I guess it came from Burger King, at least here in the UK, I don't think we have/had Hardees, Thanks a bunch, the other is not from Stone Protectors itself but thanks cos I've been trying to find out what this one 'not-quite-Battle Troll' toy I saw was, and it's a Stone Protector, so bonus identification :)

#25 TheOrgg

TheOrgg

亢李 傻 操

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4942 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

The wrestler is the Junkyard Dog.
Our glorious Milky Way is a tiny, infinitesimal speck of sand in this vast, incomprehensible universe. And somewhere in that Milky Way is our own solar system, less than one billionth of that speck of sand that is the Milky Way. And then there is our planet Earth, one hundred trillionth of that one billionth of that one speck of sand. And on this planet Earth there is DEV-0, an insignificant blemish with a lifespan too short to measure when placed in infinite time.

And you are here, with them, as so many specks of sand.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com