#1 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:14 AM

#1 ONE THREAD per member.
#2 DON'T COMMENT on people's collections by posting...pm them.
#3 Use the edit button to change your own photos (try combining as many photos in on one post as possible).
#3 If you have posts you want deleted...TYPE the word DELETE on the post you want gone...then point it out to Jkaris or TGB.
#4 If you want people to look at your photos, try using one of the image hosting websites I pinned in "Collection Photos" and hotlink your photos. I have thumbnail previews available now, so feel free to upload the pics to your thread directly. No need for 3rd party hosting anymore. - Johnny
#5 Update your collection photos and if there are ones you no longer want posts because they are old...DELETE them by editing your post and add the new photos.

THANX,
TGB

#2 Yom

Yom

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:28 AM

It could be useful to add a post where everyone can say when the collection photo is updated :lol:
So everyone can check what is new, because editing the post does not change the post's date and does not show it up.
Ready for battle
Posted Image

#3 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:59 PM

It could be useful to add a post where everyone can say when the collection photo is updated :angry:
So everyone can check what is new, because editing the post does not change the post's date and does not show it up.

You DON'T have to delete previous photos...you CAN simply keep adding...

You could also delete a few old photos...then post a few new ones bumpin' your post so collectors see there are new photos.

Seriously...I think keeping collectors from posting "Nice Collection" and "What is that?" will help to keep the collection photos to collection photos...

People can pm questions...or even make a post in the "Beastformers" topic or the "Other Toys" topic.

I think MOST enjoy looking at collector's collection photos and NOT the replies that riddle the thread w/ junk and old junk at that.

It took me 4 hours to clean up the posts, the photos, and the multiple posts in this section...so I am trying HARD to keep it that way...

I almost wish we had done it this way w/ the customs threads...like one post for each customizer and then people COULD comment, but, there would be one post per artist... It would make it a TON easier to find the photos/art people were looking for from a particular artist. There is NO WAY I am gonna go back and clean that section up though...that would be hours and hours of work!!! I am waaaaaaay too busy for that right now.

TGB

#4 transformersontheshelf

transformersontheshelf

The Toy Store Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Toys and Games of all sorts!

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:57 PM

damn it!!! i missed rule #2 my bad marty

#5 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:16 AM

damn it!!! i missed rule #2 my bad marty

No problem...I have simply been deleting them when others miss it too. :D

I just am trying REAL hard to keep the collection photos area clean and neat for SUPER easy navigating!!!

TGB

#6 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:43 PM

For all the new guys on the board. Make sure you read this thread.

WhiteLeo

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

#7 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:32 AM

:blink: my bad on rule #2 steve......thanks for bringing this back up....i read it when I first joined...but then forgot.... :D
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#8 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts
  • Interests:A little info on me I am a pretty big Forgotten Realms fan, I love R.A. Salvatore books. I love dragons! Lord of the Rings, Star Trek "Borgs Mostly", Battle Beasts. I love playing on the Computer, Fixing, Designing and just about everything with them. I collect Quinton Hoover Magic Cards, and artwork of him. Also some other favorite artists Greg Horn, Al Rio and Frank Cho and spending time with my wife and three daughters.

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:57 AM

:blink: my bad on rule #2 steve......thanks for bringing this back up....i read it when I first joined...but then forgot.... :D

No problem dude! Just wanted to let people know why I was deleting the posts. :blush:

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#9 The Gorilla is the Best

The Gorilla is the Best

Serious Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:09 PM

I missed rule #2 also. Got it now.

#10 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:43 PM

OK, this is a bump for all the newbies on the board. Let's try and keep the collection photo's nice and clean.

Thanks,
WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#11 NewOldGuy

NewOldGuy

~M~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:composing and recording music; fine quality films; fine quality foods; martial arts; body modification; collecting stuff such as M.U.S.C.L.E. and Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise as well as swords/knives/blades; sci-fi/horror conventions; and all things genuinely macabre and twisted

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:57 AM

oops. I missed rule #1. Sorry bout that. They're two totally different collections and I didn't have my MUSCLE collection pix scanned when I listed the link to my Nightmare Before Xmas collection. ....ummm.....
oops.
~M~

#12 tonganbynature

tonganbynature

Average Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • Interests:Shoot, too many to list.<br /><br />First and foremost...MY AMAZING WIFEY!!<br /><br />-Soccer<br />-Obviously a BIG TIME BEASTFORMERS collector!! <br />-NCAA Football...specifically <br /> *Boise State University<br /> *University Of Utah<br /> *Brigham Young University<br /> *University of Southern California<br /><br />-NFL -Buffalo Bills &amp; Raidernation<br />-I am a bit of a gymn junkie<br /> When I think of some more I will let ya know

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:31 PM

Just a bump for the new dudes. :yahoo:
Posted Image

Keepin' it real, keepin' it gangsta...Keepin' it Real Gangsta.

#13 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:46 AM

This is a pinned topic, why does it need to be bumped?
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#14 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:57 AM

This is a pinned topic, why does it need to be bumped?

Because pinned topics usually get ignored. But if they have new posts, they get highlighted, and thus seen.

#15 Beligerant1

Beligerant1

Boobie Smooth the Politician

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Interests:M.U.S.C.L.E., now just the colored figs since i have a complete flesh set; video games; ebay; work

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:37 PM

I kinda suspected that, after all, it lured me in to make a comment
Anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you, Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew - LZ

#16 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:29 AM

BUMP agian! For the newbies! -_-

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#17 galactiboy

galactiboy

My collection has budded...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:I love pop-culture collectibles. M.U.S.C.L.E. figures were one of my favorite toys as a child and as an adult they sparked my collector bug. Aside from M.U.S.C.L.E. and Kinnikuman I also primarily collection 1/6 figures as well as some busts and prop replicas.<br /><br />I'm also a musician; playing the drums and banjo, enjoy movies and reading.

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:36 AM

BUMP agian! For the newbies! -_-

WhiteLeo

Doh! Sorry about that #2...

#18 WhiteLeo

WhiteLeo

The Man, the Legend!

• Old Guard
  • 4088 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:41 PM

BUMP agian! For the newbies! :devil:

WhiteLeo

Doh! Sorry about that #2...

No problem, just trying to keep the collection photos nice and clean. -_-

WhiteLeo

I will never quit.

#19 nanoFatato

nanoFatato

Chi sono? Da dove vengo?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:33 AM

understood :)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:51 AM

Since there has FINALLY been more activity w/ members old and new postin' their collection photos, I noticed we have all forgotten RULE #2. I deleted several comment posts last night in individual collection photo threads to keep these collection posts cleaned up lookin' nice. I thought I would post here and bump the rule thread as a reminder to all of us. Keep those collection photos coming!!! If you have comments or questions about member's collections please pm them instead of junkin' up their collection photo threads with posts.

THANX! ;)
TGB

#21 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 08:07 AM

There are some members who would prefer to have their comments in their particular threads. If they do, and state that, then please, leave those comments intact.

#22 THEGODBEAST

THEGODBEAST

Y/S*N*T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5376 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:26 PM

There are some members who would prefer to have their comments in their particular threads. If they do, and state that, then please, leave those comments intact.

Jon,
Maybe we need a poll, because I personally, along w/ a HUGE # the guys who have posted their collection photos don't like to have to troll through pages of comment/question posts just to see someone's collection photos. Isn't that what pm's & posts in other topics are for? I know the main reason I originally spent hours and hours deleting the garbage posts out of member's collection photos threads were due to the shear number of requests I had to do so. There were TONS of removed/broken images, questions that could have been answered in "OtherToys," and comments like " :mcmadd:" etc. If we want members to take the time to post photos of their collections and the majority of members want it clean and nice to navigate for viewing collection photos I think a poll is the way to go to have this rule amended or dropped completely. That is the right way to do it, rather than have a couple of members whine about wanting comments when the majority (at least when I took the initiative to clean it up) don't.

First hand, I am gonna tell ya...of all the toy sites I have frequented the longer a site is active the worse the collection photo areas get. They get to the point that there are more useless posts than photos, then members just plain stop looking at them because it is an eye sore and takes to long to navigate.

If we aren't gonna have that universal rule for all, then I will not be bothering to keep it cleaned up because that would be a waste of my time. I guess I don't see why one of the many other topics on this board or pms aren't options for members to ask questions or just comment on people's collections.

Oh well... ;)

TGB

#23 Universal Ruler Supreme

Universal Ruler Supreme

普遍的な主権者

• Legends
  • 5641 posts
  • Interests:Getting stuff as cheap as possible...........and food.<br /><br />^ Not much has changed in the past few years.

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:59 PM

Well, as much as I'm sure the majority of people appreciate your time and work keeping certain areas of the boards clean, in the end isn't it a board? ;) I don't mind it and all, and it does make everything look nice and neat! I mean it really does help like you said to view peoples collections. But how many members actually request to leave comments in their collections? I'm pretty sure some members follow the rules cause they are the rules, but the majority follow the rules because they want their collections to look nice and neat as well. I don't know. If it's gonna be a big deal then I'll edit my collections post to say not to post in it or I'll just start a topic discussing it. Not that I feel singled out, but I know I requested feedback be left in my thread. I don't want to in any way undermind the effort Marty has put into keeping the collections spick and span. He probably dusts his toys every other day too. :mcmadd:

Man........You start off wanting to get offended, but as your typing and thinking on it, you start to see the point being made. :p You guys can delete this post if you want to as well. :p

Sorry if anything I did might have started anything.

Posted Image

#24 jkaris

jkaris

AKIA Site Owner Y/S*N*T

• Little Rubber Guys
  • 22184 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:08 PM

Jon,
Maybe we need a poll, because I personally, along w/ a HUGE # the guys who have posted their collection photos don't like to have to troll through pages of comment/question posts just to see someone's collection photos. Isn't that what pm's & posts in other topics are for? I know the main reason I originally spent hours and hours deleting the garbage posts out of member's collection photos threads were due to the shear number of requests I had to do so. There were TONS of removed/broken images, questions that could have been answered in "OtherToys," and comments like " :D" etc. If we want members to take the time to post photos of their collections and the majority of members want it clean and nice to navigate for viewing collection photos I think a poll is the way to go to have this rule amended or dropped completely. That is the right way to do it, rather than have a couple of members whine about wanting comments when the majority (at least when I took the initiative to clean it up) don't.

First hand, I am gonna tell ya...of all the toy sites I have frequented the longer a site is active the worse the collection photo areas get. They get to the point that there are more useless posts than photos, then members just plain stop looking at them because it is an eye sore and takes to long to navigate.

If we aren't gonna have that universal rule for all, then I will not be bothering to keep it cleaned up because that would be a waste of my time. I guess I don't see why one of the many other topics on this board or pms aren't options for members to ask questions or just comment on people's collections.

Oh well... :rolleyes:

TGB

I see where you are coming from, but at the same point, it's up to the users to post their collection. There have been one or two people who have asked that user comments remain in their collection threads, since they enjoy the inline feedback. So for those who want it, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to have it. They are taking the time and effort to photograph and post their images, so I don't see it as an issue.
There was/is a lot of clean up work that you guys did in this section, but even with that, if a handful of people posting their collection like to keep the browser's comments, then that is one less thread to maintain.

You're making the assumption that if a small number of users wish to allow comments in their specific thread, that everyone else will too, and it'll create more work and that we'll be right back to where it was before. Not necessarily. I think the majority of collection posters like their respective threads free of comments and appreciate all the work that it takes to keep them pruned. But to tell a few people that they can take the time to post their collections, but that they absolutely cannot have any user comments in there is wrong.
This is a user driven board, and once it stops being that, it will be dead. Can't have a community without interested members.

So for the few who wish to allow comments, please state in bold type in your first post that you would wish to include user comments, but for those who don't or don't care, just do nothing. And when the mods come in to prune comments, if the first post says to leave them in, then they can just skip over that topic.

To be honest, the best solution will be when I add an inline gallery. Then we can have our cake and eat it too!

#25 El_Diablo

El_Diablo

Budding Collector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:17 PM

Just my 2 cents worth, I know I am not around a lot but I am on a lot of other toy boards. When I go to look at peoples collections of course the first post is easy to see, but if people re-post updated photos then you have to wade through all the comments to see them which I usually don't, Or don't know that they have new photos cause they don't immediately show. The other problem is that If I go to post pics and it is more that one post long, then you get comments in between your posts because you can not post fast enough. While I like to receive praise for my collection (come on we all do ) but I dont think it is necessary in my thread, I would be happy to here praise or questions through PM.

Just my 2 cents, I am not sticking up for anybody just thought we should all comment in order to keep decisions like this democratic.

-EL DIABLO

Edited by El_Diablo, 17 October 2007 - 07:20 PM.

Copyright © 2024 LittleRubberGuys.com